Welcome to Gaia! ::

terradi
darkspineshadow2
emorexic-pimp
Sweet n Leo
The link can actually be found by reading the entire FAQ, and this was done intentionally. The FAQ was written for a reason, these are questions that have constantly come up in the last year and a half of the old sticky, and so were compiled and answered. It's beneficial to read the thing.

quite sneaky!
people have to try for more than two seconds if they even want to apply! surprised

i have but one question...
not being 18, i can understand why not to let me apply and whatnot... but my curiosity gets the best of me when i want to see what is in the initial NDA (i'm assuming that's what "the link" leads to based on the url)
why am i not allowed to even see it?
i can understand not letting me past there...

I assume it comes in the form of the TOS, where it shows the NDA and the "I agree" and "I disagree" buttons making you able to accept it and bypass the system.

I think that's the heart of it. Because unless you sign the NDA, you haven't promised to keep those application questions secret. And the thing about applying is that you shouldn't be cramming and prepping ahead of time to come up with the perfect answers, you should be answering honestly, based on what your honest opinions are.

Really, those questions are meant to stay secret unless someone is applying due to interest in joining the mod team.

That is probably pretty close as to why we just can't go in past that page. If we have the "perfect answers" ahead of time, they don't know what kinda of people we are before we apply.
Geminai Mistario
Deadly Onyx
I have a question. If you are a moderator and you do your best. Are you getting an higher rank or something? Something like. Your a Moderator Assistant, you will become an Omni Moderator or something?
A moderator assistant is just a position in the middle of training. All training via application is aimed towards Site Moderator status. You have to pass Assistant to become a Moderator. (just so you don't confuse an assistant to have actual moderator abilities).
Higher staff positions are said to become available to those who work hard within the system. Those promotion opportunities will be made available at the descretion of the site to it's Site Moderator staff. smile

Thank you very much 3nodding

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
It is probably worth noting that there are a handful or two of moderator assistants hanging around who are not part of the training system. They are from an older system that used to exist where moderators appointed moderator assistants to help out in the forums. Almost all of them have become moderators or quit at this point, but there's a few hanging around that haven't done either of these things. Thus it's possible to meet people who do have the position of moderator assistant, even though the position is no longer offered on the site.

Hilarious Genius

Okay I got a pm today saying I have been select to be a mod, how do I follow up if it is true or not?

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
iDa-Kid
Okay I got a pm today saying I have been select to be a mod, how do I follow up if it is true or not?

If they asked you for your password, it is false.

I'm not sure how the invitation pm's read nowadays ... but they would come from an official staff account with a colored name and title, and they'd be an invitation to training, not to become a moderator. They'd ask you if you were interested and you'd be able to say yes or no.

If you did not apply, you would not be invited to join. They don't send out random invites anymore.

Honestly, sorry to say but I think you're being scammed.

Hilarious Genius

Oh I don't mind not being a mod or anything sweatdrop
just double checking
I thought it was a scam
but yeah thank you ^.^

Barton Sweetheart

Sorry I’m going to ask some very silly questions now, If you’ve given your password but then changed it afterwards does that cause any problems? Only reason I’m asking is I applied then as I’ve waited I’ve had to change my password from what it was original will the count against me?

Also how long does it take roughly to get a reply from your application? Realise it sound like I’m been impatient but I’m more curious then anything unless you can’t tell then it’s all good.
Zealand_Aquarius
Sorry I’m going to ask some very silly questions now, If you’ve given your password but then changed it afterwards does that cause any problems? Only reason I’m asking is I applied then as I’ve waited I’ve had to change my password from what it was original will the count against me?

Also how long does it take roughly to get a reply from your application? Realise it sound like I’m been impatient but I’m more curious then anything unless you can’t tell then it’s all good.

That was essentially logging in to the application. I don't think they check to make sure your pass is the same.

Time is anywhere between a month to two. I know the first set of applications took almost a year for replies for some people. One way to pass the time is to report violations around the site, to show that you understand the rules. biggrin

Barton Sweetheart

mcm
That was essentially logging in to the application. I don't think they check to make sure your pass is the same.

Time is anywhere between a month to two. I know the first set of applications took almost a year for replies for some people. One way to pass the time is to report violations around the site, to show that you understand the rules. biggrin

Thank you so much for answering my questions I know the password one was silly but I suddenly got worried, I guess it’s more to do with checking it is your account and security etc.

Also thank you for giving me a rough time frame as well. I do the reporting thing all ready so I’ll keep at it then ^^

Tipsy Fairy

Zealand_Aquarius...To give you an idea, I applied the middle of October and I still have not heard anything. I don't worry too much about it, and in the meanwhile I try to spend a little bit of time when I log on in the Q&A and I do some reporting from time to time.
Another example of wait is I applied in August 2007 on my main. I didn't hear back until Spring 2008 sweatdrop But I had forgotten all about it and it was a nice surprise when I did hear back. If you go on with your daily life on Gaia and don't think about your application, they will eventually get back to you, and the time will fly by much more quickly than if you wait every single day for your response.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Zach Ruan
Another example of wait is I applied in August 2007 on my main. I didn't hear back until Spring 2008 sweatdrop But I had forgotten all about it and it was a nice surprise when I did hear back. If you go on with your daily life on Gaia and don't think about your application, they will eventually get back to you, and the time will fly by much more quickly than if you wait every single day for your response.

Yours was the trial run for applicants. ^^; They were a lot slower that first time because they wanted 100 applicants but got 1,000 by mistake. Also, they were still sorting out how the training system would work and all the rest of that.

But yeah, I agree with the rest of it. Once your application is in, don't stress too much. Just continue to be the type of person you think ought to be a moderator. They will get to you.
where do esactly apply to become a mod? i mean seriously. I followed all these links to try and apply, and... There is really no "application" to apply on. Please help me. And i heard Gaia will be taking some people under 18, please let me know if this IS true. Thank you,
Himawari kimihiro heart

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Himawari Kimihiro
where do esactly apply to become a mod? i mean seriously. I followed all these links to try and apply, and... There is really no "application" to apply on. Please help me. And i heard Gaia will be taking some people under 18, please let me know if this IS true. Thank you,
Himawari kimihiro heart
Gaia is NOT taking users under 18 at this time because they legally cannot. They hope to find a working way to in the future. It's not looking like the near future.

This and the application question can both be answered by reading the FAQ, so please re-read it. There is no application to be seen until you sign the NDA (non-disclosure agreement) anyways, which you can't get to if you are underaged, or if they are no accepting at this time (meaning check back later). All of this is in the FAQ.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff