Welcome to Gaia! ::

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Desariea
Hiya, is there anyways to tell if your application was received by the Gaia staff?

heart ドキドキ ドキドキ heart
      If you got a confirmation page after submitting your application, then there shouldn't be much to worry about.
      They'll look over it and review your account history and everything and eventually let you know if you get accepted.
      If you just want to confirm the status of your application, you may PM a moderator and ask one. 3nodding

Loved Cutie-Pie

Crystal Sparda
Desariea
Hiya, is there anyways to tell if your application was received by the Gaia staff?

heart ドキドキ ドキドキ heart
      If you got a confirmation page after submitting your application, then there shouldn't be much to worry about.
      They'll look over it and review your account history and everything and eventually let you know if you get accepted.
      If you just want to confirm the status of your application, you may PM a moderator and ask one. 3nodding
Thanks, I'll do that because I honestly can't remember. I think so. ;3 Thank you ever so much for the help!

Hilarious Werewolf

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Aw,I would like to be a mod.Shame,I have'nt reported anyone:/Guess I can't fill out the application until then bummer.

Desirable Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hi, I'm 16 turning 17 this August. My account says I was born on 1995 but it was an accident and I found out that I couldn't change the year back. So basically, I have 1 more year to wait before I can apply.

I was just wondering....if I could be any authority in Gaia. I only go to the social hotspots (not forums) and I see people who...are kinda rude and rowdy. I wanted to act upon the situation that I found (noobs versus the rich kids) but I couldn't just say "Watch your language" because I'm not their mom (lmao). I just need like...a badge or something...I could monitor the social sites for violations for free....probably like a government service XD haha some of the people here are really nice. I wanted to be one of them so when i had a lot of gold one time, i started donating to all the newbies just to help them get a head start.

Haha anyway, it's okay if you say no. I can always wait next year XD haha

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Xx Caramel Corn xX
Hi, I'm 16 turning 17 this August. My account says I was born on 1995 but it was an accident and I found out that I couldn't change the year back. So basically, I have 1 more year to wait before I can apply.

I was just wondering....if I could be any authority in Gaia. I only go to the social hotspots (not forums) and I see people who...are kinda rude and rowdy. I wanted to act upon the situation that I found (noobs versus the rich kids) but I couldn't just say "Watch your language" because I'm not their mom (lmao). I just need like...a badge or something...I could monitor the social sites for violations for free....probably like a government service XD haha some of the people here are really nice. I wanted to be one of them so when i had a lot of gold one time, i started donating to all the newbies just to help them get a head start.

Hello Caramel Corn!
If you have accidentally entered the wrong year for your date of birth when you registered, you may go to the Help Center to file a ticket to get the year changed to the proper one. 3nodding They may request evidence (photo ID or similar) to verify your age.

As for becoming a member of staff, specifically a moderator, you're required to be at least 18 years of age, as well as meet a few other qualifications which are listed in the first few posts of this thread. Moderators' duties include handling very suggestive and explicit images/content, as well as straightening out pretty iffy situations (without losing their cool), so they're required to be 18 or older to view these sorts of things. Users are legally required to be at least 18 years of age to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) when applying, so there's that. sweatdrop

If you're more leaning towards being a Forum Assistant, there isn't an application to become one. It is a position users are offered if a mod sees that the user is accurate with filing the right reports against violations, as well as being devoted to reporting those violations. Forum Assistants only handle thread moves (both requests and misplaced threads), so reporting misplaced threads whenever you run into them and putting the forum name where it is better suited in the details box helps you stand out and show that you want the position. 3nodding

As for cursing, users are allowed to curse and be a little vulgar, but if they're cursing at another user, it isn't acceptable and should be reported.
What is allowed: "I am so f---ing bored. S--t is so boring here!"
What is NOT allowed: "F--- YOU, YOU DUMB B----!"
Mods and other staff don't get "badges" per se, but they do get colored names to signify their duty. You can see a more detailed list of what each colored username means here.

Well, I hope I cleared up any confusions you had and answered your questions! If you have any other questions about becoming a mod or other relevant things, you're welcome to ask here.
Crystal Sparda
Xx Caramel Corn xX

Hello Caramel Corn!
If you have accidentally entered the wrong year for your date of birth when you registered, you may go to the Help Center to file a ticket to get the year changed to the proper one. 3nodding They may request evidence (photo ID or similar) to verify your age.

As for becoming a member of staff, specifically a moderator, you're required to be at least 18 years of age, as well as meet a few other qualifications which are listed in the first few posts of this thread. Moderators' duties include handling very suggestive and explicit images/content, as well as straightening out pretty iffy situations (without losing their cool), so they're required to be 18 or older to view these sorts of things. Users are legally required to be at least 18 years of age to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) when applying, so there's that. sweatdrop

If you're more leaning towards being a Forum Assistant, there isn't an application to become one. It is a position users are offered if a mod sees that the user is accurate with filing the right reports against violations, as well as being devoted to reporting those violations. Forum Assistants only handle thread moves (both requests and misplaced threads), so reporting misplaced threads whenever you run into them and putting the forum name where it is better suited in the details box helps you stand out and show that you want the position. 3nodding

As for cursing, users are allowed to curse and be a little vulgar, but if they're cursing at another user, it isn't acceptable and should be reported.
What is allowed: "I am so f---ing bored. S--t is so boring here!"
What is NOT allowed: "F--- YOU, YOU DUMB B----!"
Mods and other staff don't get "badges" per se, but they do get colored names to signify their duty. You can see a more detailed list of what each colored username means here.

Well, I hope I cleared up any confusions you had and answered your questions! If you have any other questions about becoming a mod or other relevant things, you're welcome to ask here.

Lmao thank you! I'll look for an ID with my birth date XD haha I don't think I have one though. It's okay! I tell everyone I'm 16 anyway smile )

Well, like I said...I don't usually hang around in the forums (I'm just not used to it...maybe when I do) .---I might. Can't I be like...the wingman of the wingman? hahaha I just want to stop the racism here XD LMAO

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Xx Caramel Corn xX
Lmao thank you! I'll look for an ID with my birth date XD haha I don't think I have one though. It's okay! I tell everyone I'm 16 anyway smile )

Well, like I said...I don't usually hang around in the forums (I'm just not used to it...maybe when I do) .---I might. Can't I be like...the wingman of the wingman? hahaha I just want to stop the racism here XD LMAO

You're welcome! I'm glad to be of assistance! emotion_yatta
Sorry, forum assistant is pretty much the most basic position and there isn't anything under it. sweatdrop You're still encouraged to report any violations you run into while you're in the virtual worlds. 3nodding One thing to keep in mind is to not tell anyone that you reported them, as that can be considered trolling/flaming is is reportable itself. Reporting violations helps the moderators deal with those pesky violators, so that's sort of acting as an assistant to moderators. wink
Crystal Sparda
Xx Caramel Corn xX

You're welcome! I'm glad to be of assistance! emotion_yatta
Sorry, forum assistant is pretty much the most basic position and there isn't anything under it. sweatdrop You're still encouraged to report any violations you run into while you're in the virtual worlds. 3nodding One thing to keep in mind is to not tell anyone that you reported them, as that can be considered trolling/flaming is is reportable itself. Reporting violations helps the moderators deal with those pesky violators, so that's sort of acting as an assistant to moderators. wink

Hmm so in time...if I continue to be good...I'll be promoted? :3

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Xx Caramel Corn xX

It can be possible. 3nodding
Crystal Sparda
Xx Caramel Corn xX

It can be possible. 3nodding

Then I will work hard > biggrin haha Thank you for helping me :3

Quick Reply