Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loving Elder

fire monkey95
You submitted your application on March 22, 2013 03:28pm
The current status of your application is: Awaiting Review

i knew they took there time, but wow
Don't feel too bad. x3 I submitted mine around that time too but it was last year. o.o

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
Nilla
fire monkey95

Don't feel too bad. x3 I submitted mine around that time too but it was last year. o.o
haha, how long did it take them to look at it?

Loving Elder

fire monkey95
Nilla
fire monkey95

I'm still awaiting their response. :3

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
Nilla
fire monkey95
Nilla
fire monkey95

so its took over a year? wut!

O.G. Seeker

fire monkey95
Nilla
fire monkey95
Nilla
fire monkey95

so its took over a year? wut!

It might take a long time depending on when (and if) training sessions are planned.
I'm talking from experience, here... When I applied it was a bit too late to enter the current training period, so... I waited two years. ._.°

In the meantime, make sure you keep on reporting on a regular basis so you always have the required number of reports (given when your application will be considered, only the reports you made within the last six months will count)... as it would be dumb to miss the next training opportunity because you stopped reporting.
Just keep on learning about forums you're not familiar with and their rules, and try and get better at reporting (quality & variety over quantity). It will come helpful if you're accepted into training.

Also, consider this waiting time as part of the test: if someone doesn't have enough patience to wait for a few months, then they're probably not cut out to be a moderator.

Remember: the longer you wait for a response, the more likely your application will be selected. People who are rejected are informed rather quickly, so if you wait a long time without getting any reply it should be a good sign. :]

Malevolent Gaian

Darth Acheron
I have a question about reporting threads, if a thread is posted in a forum and it doesn't follow the forum discussion, but still has decent discussion, would it be considered spam or a misplaced thread.

If a thread has discussion, but the discussion that it has doesn't belong to the forum it is posted in, then it's more than likely a misplaced thread. Spam tends to be nonsensical and non sequiter in its content.

Please note as well that this is an FAQ sticky that is dedicated to moderator apps. Be sure that all questions that are not pertaining to the moderator application, and are instead dealing with other issues on the site, are put in a thread in the Site Questions and Assistance forum.

Lothar100's Queen

O.G. Noob

Nilla
fire monkey95

Hmm. I don't seem to get that message.

Malevolent Gaian

Neuneu
Nilla
fire monkey95

I as well do not receive such a message, but I can assure you that so long as you got the confirmation page after you have submitted the application, then you are in the queue to have your app reviewed. Just have to be patient and wait to hear back.

Lothar100's Queen

O.G. Noob

Mashed Potato Jones
Neuneu
Nilla
fire monkey95

I as well do not receive such a message, but I can assure you that so long as you got the confirmation page after you have submitted the application, then you are in the queue to have your app reviewed. Just have to be patient and wait to hear back.
Yup. Just over my year now to hear back anything. :]

Malevolent Gaian

Neuneu
Mashed Potato Jones
Neuneu
Nilla
fire monkey95

Yup. Just over my year now to hear back anything. :]

I am just under a year, though I'm sure that if we remain patient and keep up our reporting and interacting with the community, we'll hear back soon enough.

Lothar100's Queen

O.G. Noob

Mashed Potato Jones

I am just under a year, though I'm sure that if we remain patient and keep up our reporting and interacting with the community, we'll hear back soon enough.

It's really nice to hear some of that positive reinforcement. Thank you <3

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
The application refreshed when I submitted it, erasing my answers. Mt question is, did it go through or will I have to resubmit it. I'm currently using Firefox version 21.0 the latest version.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff