Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

I left this game long ago with 1 million in my pocket. Which was a lot.
Now I can't buy anything.

I did spent a few dollars on gaiaonline before but usually worked for all my gold.
Last time I did zOMG but it's not working out right now.

How do you guys do it now?

Long-time Pumpkin

I don't!~ 3nodding 3nodding
I have an avatar I like and have no desire to sell my soul to make anything fancier!~ redface redface heart

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Make sure to do your Daily Chance. It's been buffed since you left. Sell any Heart/Star Charms you might come across on the MP. Fishing is good, especially in Bassken and Durem if you're good at that. Collect Old Crumpled Newspapers from Towns. Play Blackjack for tickets. (Or even better, Tiles will net you 300 or so tickets in a short game on Expert.) Do daily treat videos and save up for something in the Cash Shop to sell on the MP.

There's gold to be made. You just gotta know where to find it.

Special Snowflake

I collect my daily chance cart, dumpster dive, watch GC offer videos (if available)... Mostly... I just try to limit myself on what I want, that's really the only way you can survive with gold alone sweatdrop

King Noob

- - -
Do alchemy.
Don't be lazy, do your research, and alchemy will save you.
Fishing and BlackJack are worth your while in this day and age, too.
Or, y'know, you could just buy some GCash. 20 bucks will get you like 400b-600b. I spent more than that on pizza yesterday.
- - -

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Lolicon Jr
I don't!~ 3nodding 3nodding
I have an avatar I like and have no desire to sell my soul to make anything fancier!~ redface redface heart
User Image
This is pretty much what I planned to reply with. 3nodding
I don't make gold really. I recycle by selling items I don't use a lot to try to afford new items.
Emphasis on the "try." There's no guarantee that I'll be able to afford new items when I sell my own.

Sometimes, if I want to treat myself, I'll buy an item from the Cash Shop.
I wouldn't really consider that making gold though-- not for me, at least.
With the way item prices are fluctuating these days, there's a good chance I'll end up losing gold in the end.
That's how I figure it.

I've been resorting to going back to old avatars and keeping them for a long time.
I love them so I might as well get as much use out of them as possible, especially with this market.

Noob

buy $20GC that is if you want instant gratification. But you can work for your gold. There's booty grab, open up avatar or art shop, dumpster diving, sell your old MCs I'm sure they cost a lot now. Or work the MP (vending)

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I don't while zOMG! is down. I just log on doing the daily chances and daily treats and log off. My site retention doesn't last long on the site right now to care about items or gold. I guess if I really am craving a new item, I buy a gold shop item I can mix and match with. I stopped using MP to buy items over a year ago. I mean if I really want to buy something from MP, it is usually a fairly cheap component for alchemy. Crafting mint sundae alone will probably take me awhile to do. Investing in alchemy is probably one of the smartest things you can do while it is up especially since caches are so common and you can level up just using those.

Adventuring Cat

I sell off some of my hoard every now and then. I figure it will come back to me value wise with the things I buy. I can always sell off newer items that I don't use a lot. I also sell inks I don't need. Some day I'm gonna have that grey body dye. I swear! crying

Big Noob

Buy low; sell AI xd

Dangerous Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
I just got back after a two year hiatus and I was wondering too.
tbh I only came back to zOMG but its closed down? :/
things are so pricey nao, I don't have time to draw ppl, so I guess its dumpster diving >:

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Simple: I don't.
I rely on gcash offers, which are dying up as of late, but normal methods of making gold just aren't enough to keep up with even the cheaper bits of my wishlist. gonk

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Daily Chance got beefed up, so the gold given out is higher, plus you can get GoFusion charms and the market for inks is generally really good.

The Dive is mostly caches, but unopened ones have a sellback of 25K and opened ones generally sell good on the MP, if opening the caches doesn't yield a GoFusion charm instead. If the market isn't good, all but three (Diamond, Ruby, and Sapphire) have a component or two in them with decent to great sellback. (The components to watch for are the ones sold in the Bifrost for 5K and up, the sellback on each is half their price there). Occasionally, there's still good items that can be had from the Dive. I personally dropped several items in there worth from several hundred thousand to several million in there the other night, though they're more than likely gone by now.

Flowers, bugs, and trash from Towns 1 will always sell on the MP, especially rarer varieties.

I vend whatever I can afford to give up and whatever I don't want to hold onto for whatever reason, and I try to buy as low as I can. Whatever I can't afford yet or want to wait on gets put on my wishlist.

Pink Links recently got beefed up as well. I opened one the other day, received 150 million gold.

There's also some resources on the forums. There's the "How can that item be that inexpensive?!" thread, where people post items that are fairly cheap on the MP and can post requests for item types. There's the Charity/Quests subforum for giveaways and charities, great people there.

Finally, there are people around here who are very kind and generous and enjoy gifting anonymously. I've gotten great items from awesome people, and I'll likely never know who they are.

EDIT: And one of those lovely anons visited me today. I know they're in this thread, so I wanted to say thank you. smile

Oh yeah, and sometimes limited time items can be made in GoFusion, so if you're hoarding charms instead of selling them, waiting for a limited time item to be added can make you a lot of gold in one go. That's how I got the bulk of the gold I used to buy my Ruby Vault.

Divine Prophet

tab I sell art sometimes, or I take the easy way out pony up and buy cash shop items ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Buggy Punk

I don't. I've pretty much depleted my inventory of items I can stand to sell, and they wouldn't go for much anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff