Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your biggest concern regarding Gaia Online?

Cash Shop Centralization 0.26732673267327 26.7% [ 162 ]
Lack of Site Updates and Bugs/Glitches 0.13696369636964 13.7% [ 83 ]
Desensitization to Items 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Quality Control 0.031353135313531 3.1% [ 19 ]
Reused / Recycled Events 0.014851485148515 1.5% [ 9 ]
Lack of Staff Communication 0.02970297029703 3.0% [ 18 ]
Gold Generators and Inflation. 0.43729372937294 43.7% [ 265 ]
Other (Please post) 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 606 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 55 56 57 > >>

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
m i k i j e l l y
i support this thread sooo much! I saw another gold gen announcement when I logged back in and I groaned. they release them while there is a gold sink event happening. what kind of sense is that omg plus the fact that they released one at all. I have like no words. lol I honestly dare an admin or someone from the staff to view this thread AND comment on it.

I haven't seen any comments made by administrative staff regarding any criticism in the SF for a year now. Occasionally, a staff member will post in a bug/glitch thread or whatnot, but practically never in threads pointing our flaws and requesting change. We will seemingly never get a proper explanation for all this crap which leads me to believe our speculations on the matter are accurate xd .

Dapper Detective

I agree with pretty much everything in the first post, but I'm afraid they won't listen until they feel our disappointment in their pockets. A mod even admitted to that in a different thread.

Edit: Oh, and I submitted a ticket to get my main back after being inactive. A mod told me that it could take MONTHS for them to get around to it.

Months. And they still want our money.

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
I agree with 100% of the sentiment of this thread.

Get rid of GoFusion. GoFusion is a load of s**t. Basically a knock-off of a popular concept in popular MMORPGs where they fuse smaller, less expensive items to make a more valuable and better-usable item. AND YET, THEY SCREW IT OVER. THE CHARMS THEMSELVES HAVE BECOME MORE EXPENSIVE THEN SOME OF THE FUSED ITEMS!

Once again, get rid of it. COMPLETELY. Don't just try to improve or fix it, get rid of it entirely.

If they want to generate profit, pair up with Funimation or AnimeNet or something of the like, and make a feature to stream anime directly on the website. This is an anime roleplaying community. It's characters are based off anime. Bring more anime integrated into the site and it will generate advertising revenue. And even though advertisements may be troublesome for some users, the entire community as a whole would rather Gaia generate it's profits from advertising as opposed to fleecing their users for money to buy "virtual items".

Fashionable Sex Symbol

I agree. This is the most disgusting disregard for a user base I have ever seen.

On the financial side I have 2 billion gold and cannot buy s**t with it.
Dark Chaotic Nightmare

Get rid of GoFusion. GoFusion is a load of s**t. Basically a knock-off of a popular concept in popular MMORPGs where they fuse smaller, less expensive items to make a more valuable and better-usable item. AND YET, THEY SCREW IT OVER. THE CHARMS THEMSELVES HAVE BECOME MORE EXPENSIVE THEN SOME OF THE FUSED ITEMS!

Once again, get rid of it. COMPLETELY. Don't just try to improve or fix it, get rid of it entirely.

If they want to generate profit, pair up with Funimation or AnimeNet or something of the like, and make a feature to stream anime directly on the website. This is an anime roleplaying community. It's characters are based off anime. Bring more anime integrated into the site and it will generate advertising revenue. And even though advertisements may be troublesome for some users, the entire community as a whole would rather Gaia generate it's profits from advertising as opposed to fleecing their users for money to buy "virtual items".

Actually, I think they did this for a time. You could go into a room and watch episodes of anime and such. I'm not sure if it's still around though.
There are A LOT of aspects of gaia that the staff and community almost completely ignore.
So they either get shut down or left behind.
Dark Chaotic Nightmare

Once again, get rid of it. COMPLETELY. Don't just try to improve or fix it, get rid of it entirely

Honestly, GoFusion was useful for a while. I was able to make quite a few items and it ended up deflating things like Keiko's Trifle because of how easy it was to make, for example.

Once they took out the "limited time fusions" and added in ones that required 999 of one charm, it stopped being so useful and is just another feature left to die.

I'd like it if they fixed it, but honestly, they'll just leave it to die sooner or later just like alchemy.

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Totally agree with everything in the first post. These gold generators are nothing but annoying.

Original Fairy

15,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
The gold gens need to go. They are ruining the economy. If you are going to make a gold sink gaia. Don't couple it with an event, make it something that we WANT to sink money in to. The reason we sink money in to games like slots and blackjack is because we MIGHT get a large amounts of gold tokens. These we can cash in for tickets and get some pretty sweet items for it. The gold gen for the summer celebration just took our cash and gave us points for our team. MAYBE it payed us back. If we were trying to get a coveted summer item, that would be different. People would have sunk their money in a heartbeat. It also would have had to be a decent item as as well.

In short gaia, ditch the gold gens and give us sinks that give us coveted items. LISTEN TO US and we will stop beefing. User Image

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Profitable Prophet

also apparently gaia staff was using mule accounts to but things in the market place to jump the values . . .yea . . .
AllSummedUpNJazz
also apparently gaia staff was using mule accounts to but things in the market place to jump the values . . .yea . . .
This. Apparently gold gens aren't the only thing mucking things up.

But already up to 310tril. Wow. Won't belong before quad.

Enduring Elder

8,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
I have a question? What evidence have we that they bought with generated Gold? What evidence have we that they bought items from users other than THIS incident? I kind of missed that information.. Because if we have no evidence for those two things, I frankly can't yet jump to conclusions about Gaia manipulating the entire marketplace. :/

Dapper Noob

Gilbert Nightray
I have a question? What evidence have we that they bought with generated Gold? What evidence have we that they bought items from users other than THIS incident? I kind of missed that information.. Because if we have no evidence for those two things, I frankly can't yet jump to conclusions about Gaia manipulating the entire marketplace. :/

The gold in question was admitted as "generated from testing" by Zero Omega.

Profitable Prophet

It's a rumor that's been going around but if you think about it . . . That is the next logical step.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff