Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

One thing I've always wanted to see in town was a more diverse scenery, like in the zOMG. I always wish there were like little rivers or maybe ponds in towns, or maybe like more trees and have a slightly forested area, or maybe like a rocky/hilly/mountainous area. I hate going into towns and have every non-housing area look exactly the same and identical. I also wish there were more of a diversity we could do there as well, like how we are able to hunt bugs, pick up trash and flowers, I would like to see more things like that. One thing I've always wanted in towns, but I doubt would ever happen, if there was more than just "Barton Towns." I've always wanted a Gambino towns, where we could explore the beache,s and have sea-side property. Where we could find more unique bugs and flowers, something that you couldn't find normally in Barton. I think it would also be cool to have a different style of houses, like beach huts, or condos. It would also be nice to have maybe a Durem Towns, and Aekea as well, where you have more options of housing, more options of scenery, and different areas to hang out instead of just seeing the plain old boring Barton area that looks exactly the same every page you go to...

I don't know if you guys could ever do this, but I would love to see more of a unique scenery in towns, and I would love it if you guys could possibly consider adding in a Gambino or Durem towns > w<

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
What I would like to keep for v.2:
- Bugs, flowers, and trash.
- Daytime and nighttime system in accordance with GST.

What I would updated for v.2:
- Changes in the times that certain bugs/flowers/trash spawn.
- An increase in bug spawns to compensate for their difficulty to catch and their rarity.
- Much more frequent rare events such as rare bugs of giftboxes.
- Upgraded giftboxes, so we can find caches and golden giftboxes as somebody previously stated.
- More gold for shaking trees, rocks, etc.
- New random events, that may or may not grant items. Maybe they could be there just to be cool. Cute little birds, double rainbows, lighting, an eclipse, etc.
- A bit of an odd request, but a random event as a capsule machine would be interesting. Every once in a while you may find one and could pop in some gold (maybe 10,000+?) for a capsule added to your inventory, with a unique set of items. Once you pay your gold, the machine disappears. So it would be a one use thing for all, until another spawns. Or, a traveling salesman type person, which you often see in RPGs, with rare and exlcusive wares. It could be set up similarly to how the tutorial was set up not too long ago, when you had to buy wing items from the creeper outside of Barton Town, and a potential goldsink.
- New items to pick up. Maybe new alchemy items.
- Removal of prior glitches, such as the flower glitch where you can't pick a flower, or the giftbox glitch where they fly around but can't be redeemed.
- More minigames and hangout spots that really make towns unique, where I'm not shuffling through thousands of chess boards and uniform houses.

Thank you for taking in input!

Gaian

How about something to prevent text flooding?

Feral Dog

11,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
As a roleplayer, the prospect of scenery diversity in towns is exciting, but I'd really like it if the squares & zipcodes were kept.
My friends and I have sat in the same square since 2006 when the Zurgs visited Towns in their UFO's, and personally,
I'd feel like I lost my home without that zipcode and signature fountain to sit around.
Even if the UFO's never return, the place has become more than just a center square of Towns to us.

Friendly Smoker

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
http://plclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Legends_Wiki

Please make Gaia towns, Gaia rally, zomg for mobile devices!

Click that link above to see how it is truly possible! And people would go crazy for it!!

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
codemonkey37179
Catalyste
Will you fix the problem with the inability to collect any flowers & paper when they're layered on top of each other as well as getting rid of that odd instance where you simply cannot pick up a lone flower?

Also.....

will there be more than just Barton this time? Like say Aekea, Durem, and Isle de Gambino residential areas? I would also love the ability to move my house out of Barton if and when new towns are added. 3nodding

It will fix some of the problems. We are going to fix what we can, but mostly concentrate on the new version.

In answer to your question about more than one town, the simple answer is yes.

I love you...so much right now. heart

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
Gaidin
Thank you so very much for this topic. You have no idea how good it is to actively see a Flash developer obviously doing things. Usually the flash game/features fans feel in the dark, unsure of what's happening with their favorite features.

On to the questions:

What's good about current towns (1.99.0.1):
- The music. It's cute, quirky, and a nice nostalgia piece.
- That the directory is easily accessible at all times.
- The bugs, trash, and flower harvesting.
- The visible changes when GST changes from Dawn, to Day, to Dusk, to Night, etc.

What should be in "Towns 2.0" :
- Better pathing. The pathing in the current Towns is pretty bad, unfortunately. Maybe on the level of zOMG's pathing? That could use definite improvement too, but it would probably be sufficient.
- Proper changeover of trash and flowers based on time of day. Currently, trash and flowers tend to be slow to transition to the proper color for the given time of day. This applies to screens other than the one you're on when the time changes over at last check. Admittedly this was a while ago, as I'm not a huge Towns fan.
- No trash or flower spawning that overlaps signs. That is, the Town Topic signs. Things get stuck there, unable to be harvested.
- A report form for Town Topics. I realize this is largely outside your expertise, as a queue would have to be created and the process would have to be organized with CCS's cooperation to some extent, but such a thing is long overdue.
- A much more secure platform. Pretty obvious. Most notably, security regarding appearing to be another user and faking who says things. However, it would be nice to not have Pylons and Beach Balls spawning like rabbits at the whims of a script kiddie.

A bit in the second category, but by no means a huge desire: Could it be possible to use zOMG Summons in Towns 2.0 (Example)? I don't know how much of the platform is coming from zOMG, but it would be pretty neat to have our little summons bouncing around in places just besides zOMG. Might make them a bit more desirable.
i so agree witht he summons bit i think that would be amazing!!

Aged Genius

Alucio
One thing I've always wanted to see in town was a more diverse scenery, like in the zOMG. I always wish there were like little rivers or maybe ponds in towns, or maybe like more trees and have a slightly forested area, or maybe like a rocky/hilly/mountainous area. I hate going into towns and have every non-housing area look exactly the same and identical. I also wish there were more of a diversity we could do there as well, like how we are able to hunt bugs, pick up trash and flowers, I would like to see more things like that. One thing I've always wanted in towns, but I doubt would ever happen, if there was more than just "Barton Towns." I've always wanted a Gambino towns, where we could explore the beache,s and have sea-side property. Where we could find more unique bugs and flowers, something that you couldn't find normally in Barton. I think it would also be cool to have a different style of houses, like beach huts, or condos. It would also be nice to have maybe a Durem Towns, and Aekea as well, where you have more options of housing, more options of scenery, and different areas to hang out instead of just seeing the plain old boring Barton area that looks exactly the same every page you go to...

I don't know if you guys could ever do this, but I would love to see more of a unique scenery in towns, and I would love it if you guys could possibly consider adding in a Gambino or Durem towns > w<

Alucio, have you been sitting in on meetings again?

About 90% of what you mentioned is part of the plans for towns 2.0

Aged Genius

Leader Clair
Sticks and stones may break my bones...

Three questions.
1. Are you going to fix the flower glitch where you can't pick them up, no matter how many times you click it?
2. Are you going to fix it so that trash/flowers don't end up behind town signs?
3. Will there be any new bugs/flowers/paper?

...But chains and whips excite me.

1 & 2. Well, it isn't so much fixing, as not putting in those mistakes in the first place. I am making sure flowers don't end up in a tree, but I wouldn't have thought of behind a sign unless you mention it.

3. I'm not sure yet. That is mostly up to the art team. It is possible.

Aged Genius

fire monkey95
Gaidin
Thank you so very much for this topic. You have no idea how good it is to actively see a Flash developer obviously doing things. Usually the flash game/features fans feel in the dark, unsure of what's happening with their favorite features.

On to the questions:

What's good about current towns (1.99.0.1):
- The music. It's cute, quirky, and a nice nostalgia piece.
- That the directory is easily accessible at all times.
- The bugs, trash, and flower harvesting.
- The visible changes when GST changes from Dawn, to Day, to Dusk, to Night, etc.

What should be in "Towns 2.0" :
- Better pathing. The pathing in the current Towns is pretty bad, unfortunately. Maybe on the level of zOMG's pathing? That could use definite improvement too, but it would probably be sufficient.
- Proper changeover of trash and flowers based on time of day. Currently, trash and flowers tend to be slow to transition to the proper color for the given time of day. This applies to screens other than the one you're on when the time changes over at last check. Admittedly this was a while ago, as I'm not a huge Towns fan.
- No trash or flower spawning that overlaps signs. That is, the Town Topic signs. Things get stuck there, unable to be harvested.
- A report form for Town Topics. I realize this is largely outside your expertise, as a queue would have to be created and the process would have to be organized with CCS's cooperation to some extent, but such a thing is long overdue.
- A much more secure platform. Pretty obvious. Most notably, security regarding appearing to be another user and faking who says things. However, it would be nice to not have Pylons and Beach Balls spawning like rabbits at the whims of a script kiddie.

A bit in the second category, but by no means a huge desire: Could it be possible to use zOMG Summons in Towns 2.0 (Example)? I don't know how much of the platform is coming from zOMG, but it would be pretty neat to have our little summons bouncing around in places just besides zOMG. Might make them a bit more desirable.
i so agree witht he summons bit i think that would be amazing!!

There are some good points there. Path finding is an interesting, but difficult formula. I'll think about it. I've no choice but to think about it, given you've put the idea in my head.

As far as the scripting goes, that is very much on our mind.

Aged Genius

RyanBashaw

Click that link above to see how it is truly possible! And people would go crazy for it!!

Well, it may technically be possible, but I'm a flash dev. I do a few other languages, but none for mobile.

Aged Genius

ArtfulDodger
As a roleplayer, the prospect of scenery diversity in towns is exciting, but I'd really like it if the squares & zipcodes were kept.
My friends and I have sat in the same square since 2006 when the Zurgs visited Towns in their UFO's, and personally,
I'd feel like I lost my home without that zipcode and signature fountain to sit around.
Even if the UFO's never return, the place has become more than just a center square of Towns to us.

Town squares will probably still be there. As I say we want to have as many gathering spaces as possible. The zip-codes are probably going away, but we are planning on something much more modern.

Aged Genius

Foxy Bandit
How about something to prevent text flooding?

That is a problem. We want to stop hackers from flooding the towns with text nonsense, but we don't have a solution for what happens if a lot of people are talking at once.

Friendly Smoker

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
codemonkey37179
RyanBashaw

Well, it may technically be possible, but I'm a flash dev. I do a few other languages, but none for mobile.
I'm not trying to troll or anything I just don't know how to explain what I mean!
Does any Gaia devs know how that language for mobile Gaia mmo?

Aged Genius

RyanBashaw
codemonkey37179
RyanBashaw

I'm not trying to troll or anything I just don't know how to explain what I mean!
Does any Gaia devs know how that language for mobile Gaia mmo?

Not that I know of. Have you ever thought about learning the language yourself? You seem to have the passion for games, you could turn that into a passion for making them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff