Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you think taking away a winning bid is fair?

no, i do it all the time! 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 12 ]
i see your piont...but.. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 19 ]
Oh i hate it when people do that to me! 0.45614035087719 45.6% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 57 ]

When i bid for things on the market and win them, the buyer takes it off the market!!! that is so unfair. i stuggle for days to win something that i have been wanted AND WIN over the other people then the buyer decides it is not enough!!
if you are not going to see it than dont put it up, it is cruel to take it away from someone. If you are afraid that you will not get the money you want for it then but it as buy only or make a minimum bid!!!!!

Garbage

While I understand you think it's unfair, how exactly is it a ripoff? You get your gold back if the auction is cancelled or if you're outbid at the last moment.
but i don't want my money back. The item is worth more to me than the money. It's a rip off because they took the item i bid on away from me. my piont is that even if you win something on the market the other person can just take it away.
i have watched some items for days so as to make sure that i will have the best bid, and be out all of that money while i doing other things. Then right when i win the item, the other person will think nothing of taking your winned item off the market.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
It's not a rip off, but that's your opinion, so I suppose we should accept it.

Sad to say it to you, but that the action to this is very fair. The user who created the auction owns that item and they have the right to take it off the market if the bids aren't high enough to their desire. It is not cruel. It's their own item and they have the right to do anything with it.

Just go on and try again with another one in the vend OR go to the Gaian Exchange's Wanted sub forum and ask for the item at a cheaper price. I get letters for at least 500g-1k cheaper than the market place price there.
I don't consider it a rip off, really, because you aren't losing your gold. You both just keep what you had. Its an inconvenience, yes, but not a rip off. If they made it so you couldn't cancel auctions at all it could really screw over some one who accidentally put the wrong thing up for sale, or who puts the wrong price on it, such as forgetting the start bid.

I remember seeing a Panda hat up for auction that was only 15 minutes from confirmation and only at 10 mil. That person would have been an idiot if they didn't cancel it. (Although they weren't to bright for thinking they were going to get many decent offers on a Panda hat in pure. XD) Some times people just need to cancel auctions, so its not like they can take the feature away.

Omnipresent Elder

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
General Guidelines For Using the Marketplace

arrow Try and price your items fairly.

arrow If you start an auction that has had bids on it for a period of time, dont cancel the auction and remake it because you dont like what the price is at. Instead set your minimum price to something that you're willing to accept.

arrow Dont advertize or post new threads that dont come from the marketplace in the Marketplace Discussion forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are the Market place rules exactly from where it links from in the market. Unfortunete, there's no punishment for such rude cancelling, as it is their fault if they did not make the minimum at a price they would accept.
Drak of Paradise
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
General Guidelines For Using the Marketplace

arrow Try and price your items fairly.

arrow If you start an auction that has had bids on it for a period of time, dont cancel the auction and remake it because you dont like what the price is at. Instead set your minimum price to something that you're willing to accept.

arrow Dont advertize or post new threads that dont come from the marketplace in the Marketplace Discussion forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are the Market place rules exactly from where it links from in the market. Unfortunete, there's no punishment for such rude cancelling, as it is their fault if they did not make the minimum at a price they would accept.
They're also just guidlines so you don't have to count them as real rules. I remember this one time when I was bored, i put a pitchfork up for bids starting at 10k and canceled right when it hit 1 second.

Aged Bloodsucker

While I do hate it when people do that I understand how the seller feels, he/she doesn't want to sell an item for lower than what they could get. Though they should put a bid price they would be happy with to begin with.

SMc2's Wife

Gracious Bibliophile

16,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pie Pusher 50
*sigh* this is why I never try to bid on stuff. I've had a fair amount of luck catching people who put up an item for less than the going rate so far with just the buy price so if I want to make absolutly sure I get what I want I go that rout.

Romantic Exhibitionist

10,275 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Friendly 100
WE WANT YOUR MONEY! surprised
Did you ever think that is the reason why we can't take off bids??
Ask them politely in a PM, if they allow it. Otherwise, hope you get out- bidded, or stop bidding on things you don't want! rolleyes

10,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
I only go for the "Lowest Buy Price" it makes things quick and easy.

Posessed Pup

Garbanzo
I only go for the "Lowest Buy Price" it makes things quick and easy.

Same here and same on Ebay. 3nodding Heh I don't like having to watch auctions for ages, I would rather just get the item in one swift go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff