Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
If I had money or gold to bet, I'd most certainly bet that these backwings wouldn't sit on our avis right. And if I turned out to be right, which I probably will be I'd laugh because that's the ONLY thing the artists could do with them to make them slightly worth as much as the effort they want users to go through for these things. Not even the animated wings sit perfectly. And this for me applies to every item that they're releasing through alchemy that isn't just a companion pose. I'm not hating. There's a reason I'm on gaia and not on other avatar sites. Gaia's artists can come out with the most beautifully detailed avi items I've ever frickin' seen. I'm just saying there a ton of items I debate questing for or buy just to turn around and sell because they sit awkwardly on the avi.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Faelrin

Just to add to your list there's also the fafnir's wings, the caretaker tia doll wings (though both of these are in the millions), and the Peisinoes Discant that make for some good dragon wings, and there's icarus fall as well for angel or bird wings. Personally I found those caretaker tia doll wings, (and hell her actual item set) perfect for my dragon man char because it came in a reddish color. And the wings from forteanagoria, with the jersey devil and mothman wings. D: I kinda wish we had more wings like the mothman wings though, how they're an arm mod. Would be nice for some bat wings, or other feathered bird wings in that manner.

We could be here all day making a list of the awesome wings we have on this site, in the end, the point would be the same: we already have a lot of nice wings, many of which don't cost ludicrous amounts. I just have a hard time believing that these new wings are a million billion times better than the ones we already have.

And I do agree, those Caretaker Tia wings are AWESOME. cat_cool

Assimilated Wolf

Andromeda Phoenix
If I had money or gold to bet, I'd most certainly bet that these backwings wouldn't sit on our avis right. And if I turned out to be right, which I probably will be I'd laugh because that's the ONLY thing the artists could do with them to make them slightly worth as much as the effort they want users to go through for these things. Not even the animated wings sit perfectly. And this for me applies to every item that they're releasing through alchemy that isn't just a companion pose. I'm not hating. There's a reason I'm on gaia and not on other avatar sites. Gaia's artists can come out with the most beautifully detailed avi items I've ever frickin' seen. I'm just saying there a ton of items I debate questing for or buy just to turn around and sell because they sit awkwardly on the avi.

I was thinking the same thing. As nice as they might end up looking they'll position/layer like s**t.

Hilarious Wrangler

I personally do not care for the alchemy backwings in bidblast right now.
We have so many backwings in existence now it's ridiculous !
I mean hell, we have the Astra series that have really beautiful backwings that are positioned and done well for any avatar so for them to release two backwing recipes in bidblast doesn't bother me.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Andromeda Phoenix

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

They will probably layer so poorly they will appear in front of your avatar instead of behind facing directly forward. Then, they will appear to come out of our avatars' breasts and touch our avatars' you-know-wheres because Alruna's Rose was not enough "sexeh teimz" for the artists. xp

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Hell, at this point, I'm doubting that they've even made the damned things with how secretive they are being with it. No formulas to obtain, no components ... nothing.

Anyone can throw up an outline of wings of any sort and say that is what they are going to be. I'm not going to believe it until I actually see them being made and thrown on the MP or see people wearing them.

Figment of the imagination is all I am seeing over these backwings.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Five bucks says that the angelic wings will either layer BEHIND hair like almost all the other wings on Gaia, or will be so clunky that you won't even notice they're positioned so poorly.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Dorian_Archer
Hell, at this point, I'm doubting that they've even made the damned things with how secretive they are being with it. No formulas to obtain, no components ... nothing.

Anyone can throw up an outline of wings of any sort and say that is what they are going to be. I'm not going to believe it until I actually see them being made and thrown on the MP or see people wearing them.

Figment of the imagination is all I am seeing over these backwings.

User Image

Man those demon wings look off.

Your post still made me giggle emotion_awesome

Invisible Noob

Faelrin
marshmallowcreampie
All Honey
random-peasant
I wonder what these back wings do in order to have been so impossible to make, and equally impossible to obtain.....

Do they s**t out more back wings?
Do they detach from our avis and flap their wings away?
Do they change our skin color, or grant us some secret access to an unknown world?
Did they have 50 artist pixeling in EVERY single individual feather, or even creating a different pair of wings to be unique for every user?

I mean, these things have to do something so EXTRAORDINARY to be wanted for 8 years now, yet be impossible to have, except for the ultra rich.
Wondered about this myself. We already have many various types of wings. What, specifically are "back wings" that make them so special from the wings that we already have?

THIIIIIS. We already have some nice wing items, and most of them don't cost an arm and a leg. In fact, a lot of them are high quality. The Flight of the Macaw features several sets of backwings, and it's available for 300k. Great Old One has some nice little demon wings, and the MP price rarely goes over 80k. Then we had that Astra pack that, when opened, gave us one of several ANIMATED backwings, many of which are available for low MP prices. Twister the Phoenix has a pair of gorgeous orange backwings, and Fausto's Bottle and it's recolors offer some rather nice backwings. I get that a lot of the stuff on Gaia must be hard to make, but what makes these particular backwings so much better than the ones we already have that they need to be rarer than the Angelic Halo?

Just to add to your list there's also the fafnir's wings, the caretaker tia doll wings (though both of these are in the millions), and the Peisinoes Discant that make for some good dragon wings, and there's icarus fall as well for angel or bird wings. Personally I found those caretaker tia doll wings, (and hell her actual item set) perfect for my dragon man char because it came in a reddish color. And the wings from forteanagoria, with the jersey devil and mothman wings. D: I kinda wish we had more wings like the mothman wings though, how they're an arm mod. Would be nice for some bat wings, or other feathered bird wings in that manner.

Diapered egg has really cute angel back wings, the problem is that they're small. If they were only bigger they would be perfect.

Invisible Noob

To think about it....the only time I see myself wearing the damned things is if I were to cosplay an angel or a devil. I wouldn't wear them in a daily basis, so it wouldn't be worth getting for thousands billions of gold.

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Also don't forget about the little angel-esque wings from the Gift Box.

Invisible Noob

The Undead Suitor
random-peasant
I wonder what these back wings do in order to have been so impossible to make, and equally impossible to obtain.....

Do they s**t out more back wings?
Do they detach from our avis and flap their wings away?
Do they change our skin color, or grant us some secret access to an unknown world?
Did they have 50 artist pixeling in EVERY single individual feather, or even creating a different pair of wings to be unique for every user?

I mean, these things have to do something so EXTRAORDINARY to be wanted for 8 years now, yet be impossible to have, except for the ultra rich.

the whole deal with backwings is that they're simple, large, pure angel/demon..backwings.

They aren't yellow, they aren't purple, they aren't bloody, they aren't tiny, they aren't butterfly wings.

They're big,they're proportional, they're simple white and black, easy to match. Pure feathers, and pure bat wings.

Really, they aren't special.And its something that most other avatar sites get within the first few months (mainly because of Gaia). It's just something they've sat on a pedestal for many years.

I agree, they're completely average sets of wings. SO why make them impossibru!!!!!????

Invisible Noob

Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Also don't forget about the little angel-esque wings from the Gift Box.

I know that one, but it's cheaper looking then the diapered egg.
they could fix this in 2 words monthy collectable

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces