Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pilotslover
iMoira

and one more thing. why would you ban people who oppose the opening thread topic. if this is feedback thread, then you should allow people to express different perspectives. in a way, some of you people are selfish bc you dont want to recognize how alchemy has helped alot of people. I hope they make alternatives to the wings soon and that they might as well get all the alchemy stuff so easy a caveman can do it. lol oh but wait, i bet after that you will then move on to naggin on what, the new towns? OH BOY.

Dicks blocked you because you're trolling.

And because you're marketing your s**t in her thread.

And failing to acknowledge legitimate concerns.

And using the same point over and over which is easily rebutted by the fact Alchemy hasn't changed in over a year.

hahahah i wasnt trolling i was expressing my opinion. im just not uptight about this at all. it sounds so serious. all of it. its just pixels. and alchemy is mostly free. you have the choice to do it or not. oh well if theres some rare items. thats nothing new. and i was marketing as a joke LOL bc people get so seriously mad about this. and btw alchemy HAS changed some, it started when, November? this alchemy thing? and did you know they required more trash to make caches before, but they cut it in half by introducing philosopher's (instead of being stuck with the ggb and limited edition formulas?) ? isnt that a change yes? and they will continue to change it. you people repeat things over and over to me as well so i will repeat everything over and over too.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
iMoira

hahahah i wasnt trolling i was expressing my opinion. im just not uptight about this at all. it sounds so serious. all of it. its just pixels. and alchemy is mostly free. you have the choice to do it or not. oh well if theres some rare items. thats nothing new. and i was marketing as a joke LOL bc people get so seriously mad about this. and btw alchemy HAS changed some, it started when, November? this alchemy thing? and did you know they required more trash to make caches before, but they cut it in half by introducing philosopher's (instead of being stuck with the ggb and limited edition formulas?) ? isnt that a change yes? and they will continue to change it. you people repeat things over and over to me as well so i will repeat everything over and over too.

It was a really stupid joke in such a highly strung arena don't you think?

I think it started before then, the changes to the case formula is really only a tiny sticking plaster over a gaping wound and it needs to be addressed by the staff properly rather then them continuing to bury their heads in the sand.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
iMoira

lol ok i want to push buttons of people who get so butthurt surprised

and yes it is a tiny part but it is still a change. for people to say nothinghas been done, is kind of unfair to the ones that worked hard making the alchemy system. We get it, they want alot of items to be rare or to be hard to craft, but you have to understand there's always consequences.

imagine if its easy and cheaper to craft rare items from rig bundles, gaia would lose some revenue off from bundles bc why buy bundles when you can craft those. besides that point. there are alot of changes needed in alchemy such as maybe not destroy some rig items or dernier cri items along the process.

I dont mind them to change it so that everything just required components to craft. I want to see that change, but until then, I'm going to take advantage of what it is now and how i can use it in a positive way.

If you people suggest something, dont b***h n moan about it. how about you all come up with bullet points 'respectful' ones, and post it in ATA or whatnot. this is not a feedback to me. when reading this whole thread, this is so one sided. in my summary i see it people bashing alchemy system. that's all

Hence the trolling tag.

Gaia is not going to loose revenue from cheaper to craft bundles because most of the RIG crafts involve items from the RIG, don't they? (I really don't know!).

This thread is quite respectful, it's critical sure but it's not impolite.
It's been raised and ignored at the ATA many times, people are losing patience.

It's a system that deserves to be bashed.
Do you play video games? Do you know how alchemy works (Logically) in them? Gaia's alchemy system actually makes little sense.

The whole system seems to have been devised as a way to inflate the artists egos, we've been told in the past that they breed artificial rarity because they liked knowing their item is the most gold expensive on the site (Because, you know, lots of people owning and liking what you've made is less gratifying then just one rich person owning it /little bit of sarcasm) and to me that absolutely the wrong reason to leave alchemy as it is.

Personally I find the whole thing pointless, I liked the look of a couple of the items but there's no way I'd actually craft any of them (I made the coat from Xmas because it finished an outfit!) because the system is just inaccessible; it can be hard without being so expensive.
iMoira

and one more thing. why would you ban people who oppose the opening thread topic. if this is feedback thread, then you should allow people to express different perspectives. in a way, some of you people are selfish bc you dont want to recognize how alchemy has helped alot of people. I hope they make alternatives to the wings soon and that they might as well get all the alchemy stuff so easy a caveman can do it. lol oh but wait, i bet after that you will then move on to naggin on what, the new towns? OH BOY.

Just wanted to pop in and say, if you feel a thread OP is ignoring people because of simple disagreement then you can report the thread for violating the R&G's of SF and it will be CB'd

A mod will look over the issue if there really is an issue with OPs blocking people just because they disagree.

Quote:
No Idea/Criticism is Without Merit:
Site Feedback is for discussing a wide variety of ideas and concerns regarding the site. With that, there will be cases where you may not agree with another Gaian's idea. It is okay to disagree in a respectful manner; it is not okay to be abusive to other Gaians that do not share your view point. Creating threads that bar other members from posting; example: "If you don't like my idea you can GTFO", will result in your thread or post being removed from the forum. The Terms of Service always apply on Gaia; the SF forum is no exception. If you feel another Gaian is being abusive towards you, please simply report the post and let a moderator follow up and deal with i

Also everyone is selfish biggrin
We all want things for our own reasons, there's nothing wrong with being selfish! Ha! biggrin

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Adamen
*snip*

iMoira's posts can all be summed up as "stop bitching, you are all wrong and Alchemy is the bee's knees and you guys are dumb for not seeing things the way I'm telling you to." It's more than just a simple disagreement. She claims that we do not see her point of view while clearly ignoring ours. We've been courteous despite her trolling, so I don't see any basis for reporting the thread to a mod.

iMoira

One of the things you continuously repeat is that Gaia made Alchemy to get rid of people's trash and loot items, but that was not the goal of Alchemy. That was tacked on after enough people raised their voices about how broken Alchemy was and the formulas, while helpful in the short term, still require tweaking that devs have stated is not necessarily difficult - yet here we are, with no new changes. If anyone is "cussing out" Gaia, it's because, after almost a year with no significant changes made and half of that year spent ignoring user feedback, many of us are downright frustrated with the Alchemy team and the shitty way they've handled EVERYTHING in regards to Alchemy. Their PR is horrible and caused an uproar on more than one occasion, no one who originally worked on Alchemy has said a single word about why such a broken and messed-up feature was allowed to be implemented the way it was, the creation of high-tier items that devour one-time grant items and RIG items like nobody's business, and (as is the main focus of anything you say) the inclusion of angelic and demonic backwings in this broken and messed-up system, not to mention certain staff members basically belittling the users who raised their complaints about (once again) this broken and messed-up feature that has decimated the marketplace, caused the near-extinction of several items, and just all-around ******** things up. I'm nowhere near impressed by the "effort and hard work" that went into this haf-baked feature.

That being said, I want Alchemy to work. There are people who have waited so long for backwings and dumping them into Alchemy was a slap in the face to all those loyal Gaians who have supported the site for so long. I want those people to be able to get their damn backwings, I want to be able to craft a damn Pale Marionette without shoving my life savings into Gaia's wallet, and I want people to enjoy Alchemy and craft any item they like from it. As it stands though, Alchemy is an alienating feature that not even the elite are capable of using without banding together and gouging each other to make a profit.

But God forbid anyone notice any of that because all we're doing is nagging.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Adamen

Just wanted to pop in and say, if you feel a thread OP is ignoring people because of simple disagreement then you can report the thread for violating the R&G's of SF and it will be CB'd

A mod will look over the issue if there really is an issue with OPs blocking people just because they disagree.

Posting in a thread with a mule when you've been blocked is also against the Terms of Service as it's considered harassment. Imagine that.
Kaiba the Revenge
Adamen

Posting in a thread with a mule when you've been blocked is also against the Terms of Service as it's considered harassment. Imagine that.
And also dont forget her name calling and her admiting that she wants to push peoples buttons that get butthurt.

Soooo. How about them backwings not being attainable for 99.9% of people.
And thanks to the individual who shopped in my store last night. You know who you are. User Image
Kaiba the Revenge
Adamen

well duh

Dapper Noob

5,850 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Honestly, you guys should just stop replying to her...she's obviously too dense to understand where the issues are, or is just plain in denial that there could possibly be any because Gaia is perfect and couldn't possibly ever ******** up.

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Adamen
iMoira

She's been trolling in my opinion, but its pretty borderline so I'm unsure if it's reportable. I don't block people just for disagreeing, and cutting off conflict is actually encouraged when it can be handled on the user's level rather than involving mods. Why encourage a troll to report a thread, and try to get it CB'd after all the work someone has put into it?

Sweet Talk Tether

Did anyone ever find a source for artists setting the rarity of alchemy items? It seems to be a well spread point of view... But I wonder if they ever came out and said it explicitly.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Flying Dicks

Sweet Talk Tether

Did anyone ever find a source for artists setting the rarity of alchemy items? It seems to be a well spread point of view... But I wonder if they ever came out and said it explicitly.

While they've never said "The artists set the rarity" they have said it's and artist ran system, and have had to "run it by the artists" whenever the devs make a change to it.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Nyao-chan
Honestly, you guys should just stop replying to her...she's obviously too dense to understand where the issues are, or is just plain in denial that there could possibly be any because Gaia is perfect and couldn't possibly ever ******** up.
This.^

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Flying Dicks
To add to what The Undead Suitor mentioned, an example is that the devs had to ask the artists if they were allowed to adjust the frequency for certain alchemy components for the Pie Event.

Assimilated Wolf

The Undead Suitor
Flying Dicks

Sweet Talk Tether

While they've never said "The artists set the rarity" they have said it's and artist ran system, and have had to "run it by the artists" whenever the devs make a change to it.

Seriously? Why do they get a say in the workings of the system?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff