Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Trash

Nicki Weston90
WanderingSketchPad
My two cents:

Stop dumping your cash into a website that shits on you for spending money, and spend it on artists instead who care about you and will tailor their skills to your needs <3 it's a lot more rewarding, you get to keep the art forever and can do virtually anything to it short of making profit off it, and it wont ever expire or go away if you save it. Unlike gaia items here, which are literally just rentals that gaia has rights to take away whenever they want. Or if gaia just goes under, your items all disappear etc. So, if you want nice stuff, look to artists perhaps? :3

Captcha agrees, cuz it says "One perfect fit" which to me is like saying the artist is the perfect choice <3

I am not being rude or anything, just wanted to ask you this in a calm manner:

But what gives you the right to tell people how to spend their money?
If people here want to spend money on GC then let them do so (at the end of the day they are helping to keep the site up and running for now) and just enjoy the site your way (well try and enjoy the site anyway) it's because some people do find it rude and annoying to see people posting telling or advising people where to spend their money ^^"

Another debate is that spending money on art doesn't always pan out (much like Gaia) I spent some money on art from DA but never received the art or even a refund from the artist (and this has happened a couple of times now) so nope, Artists is not a great idea but maybe I just have bad luck ^^;

Oh I never said they HAD to. I just said it as my two cents, therefor: a suggestion razz

And so far a lot of my friends who used to buy GC have agreed with me that they will instead be buying art from artists since they get to keep the art and dont have to worry about ever losing it like you would pixels on this site xD It's kinda of like an alternate thing. And it's not up to me to force people to spend the money. I merely suggest, and what they do with said suggestion is up to them. You make it sound like I am forcing my opinion down someone's throat, like it HAS to be this way instead of that, when it's not the case.

also, if you spent money on art and never received it, I would have filed a scam report on DA or with paypal because that is illegal and the artist who steals your money is actually setting themselves up for jail time if they do it enough times. Don't let artists take advantage of your purse.

IMO if you let yourself get scammed like that without doing a single thing about it, then you arent much better than the artist because you are telling them they can get away with it and therefor it must be ok D: Paypal + DA has options for people who get scammed, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting scammed etc.

I am sorry you had to deal with that, though, overall, as its a nasty thing either way, since even when you do take measures it can sometimes be a bullshit arduous process to getting your money or the art back e.e

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
WanderingSketchPad
Nicki Weston90
WanderingSketchPad
My two cents:

Stop dumping your cash into a website that shits on you for spending money, and spend it on artists instead who care about you and will tailor their skills to your needs <3 it's a lot more rewarding, you get to keep the art forever and can do virtually anything to it short of making profit off it, and it wont ever expire or go away if you save it. Unlike gaia items here, which are literally just rentals that gaia has rights to take away whenever they want. Or if gaia just goes under, your items all disappear etc. So, if you want nice stuff, look to artists perhaps? :3

Captcha agrees, cuz it says "One perfect fit" which to me is like saying the artist is the perfect choice <3

I am not being rude or anything, just wanted to ask you this in a calm manner:

But what gives you the right to tell people how to spend their money?
If people here want to spend money on GC then let them do so (at the end of the day they are helping to keep the site up and running for now) and just enjoy the site your way (well try and enjoy the site anyway) it's because some people do find it rude and annoying to see people posting telling or advising people where to spend their money ^^"

Another debate is that spending money on art doesn't always pan out (much like Gaia) I spent some money on art from DA but never received the art or even a refund from the artist (and this has happened a couple of times now) so nope, Artists is not a great idea but maybe I just have bad luck ^^;

Oh I never said they HAD to. I just said it as my two cents, therefor: a suggestion razz

And so far a lot of my friends who used to buy GC have agreed with me that they will instead be buying art from artists since they get to keep the art and dont have to worry about ever losing it like you would pixels on this site xD It's kinda of like an alternate thing. And it's not up to me to force people to spend the money. I merely suggest, and what they do with said suggestion is up to them. You make it sound like I am forcing my opinion down someone's throat, like it HAS to be this way instead of that, when it's not the case.

also, if you spent money on art and never received it, I would have filed a scam report on DA or with paypal because that is illegal and the artist who steals your money is actually setting themselves up for jail time if they do it enough times. Don't let artists take advantage of your purse.

IMO if you let yourself get scammed like that without doing a single thing about it, then you arent much better than the artist because you are telling them they can get away with it and therefor it must be ok D: Paypal + DA has options for people who get scammed, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting scammed etc.

I am sorry you had to deal with that, though, overall, as its a nasty thing either way, since even when you do take measures it can sometimes be a bullshit arduous process to getting your money or the art back e.e

I just want to apologize if I sort of offended you crying I tried to phase what I wanted to say the best way I could but it's kinda hard to actually get it right ><

Anyway:
I wasn't saying that you were forcing people to do so, it is a good suggestion that you made, I just wanted to merely let you know that there are others on the site that may read your post the wrong way e.e (I said something similar ages ago, just suggested something better that people could put their cash towards and so many people quoted me and literally were offended by it o.o )
Your friends do have good point! My sister has loads of art stored in her room that she commissioned people for, so yeah it is a better thing to have then GC and Pixels ^^
(I will admit to that I keep forgetting that the pixels are rented on here and not ours ^^; )

It doesn't have to be this way or that, everyone has a choice! ^^ I am sorry that I made you feel this way, I didn't mean too sad

(About DA quick I didn't know that they have a Scam report, I am kinda kicking myself for not doing anything about it in the first place as I just let the artist that scammed me get away with and who knows if they are still scamming people, it's like if you let someone get away with it they automatically think that they can do it again to someone else.....But thankyou for the heads up about it! I doubt I will be able to do anything about it now as it happened quite sometime ago but I keep it in mind from now on! ^^)

Eloquent Trash

Nicki Weston90

I just want to apologize if I sort of offended you crying I tried to phase what I wanted to say the best way I could but it's kinda hard to actually get it right ><

Anyway:
I wasn't saying that you were forcing people to do so, it is a good suggestion that you made, I just wanted to merely let you know that there are others on the site that may read your post the wrong way e.e (I said something similar ages ago, just suggested something better that people could put their cash towards and so many people quoted me and literally were offended by it o.o )
Your friends do have good point! My sister has loads of art stored in her room that she commissioned people for, so yeah it is a better thing to have then GC and Pixels ^^
(I will admit to that I keep forgetting that the pixels are rented on here and not ours ^^; )

It doesn't have to be this way or that, everyone has a choice! ^^ I am sorry that I made you feel this way, I didn't mean too sad

(About DA quick I didn't know that they have a Scam report, I am kinda kicking myself for not doing anything about it in the first place as I just let the artist that scammed me get away with and who knows if they are still scamming people, it's like if you let someone get away with it they automatically think that they can do it again to someone else.....But thankyou for the heads up about it! I doubt I will be able to do anything about it now as it happened quite sometime ago but I keep it in mind from now on! ^^)

oh I wasn't trying to come off offended. Just trying to get my point across, but I get where you are coming from because i've seen it too lol. I am actually not gonna be shocked if people tail me now all "How dare you accuse the victim" in regards to what I said about being scammed, since i've had people do this to me before when they only picked out what they wanted to see in what I said xP

To DA and paypal tho: If they end up not being able to help you, the best option is to warn the artist you are taking measures against them if they do not deliver or give you your refund. Then if they still refuse, you can easily post their messages online so everyone can see it. Scams and fraud spread like wild fire and they would quickly be ruined lol. I for one would not want to be on the receiving end of that, as it can pretty much take you down forever. And the artist just switching their names wont always help because people will still find them and let others know, especially if they continue to be fraudulent. And if enough people are scammed, they can file police reports and probably sue said artist in the end (though this might seem like an extreme outcome, it has happened before!)

the best way to ensure you wont be scammed tho is to simply make sure you do your research on your artists. Do they have good feedback? has anyone ever accused them of anything? Do they have BUTTLOADS of commissions that are posted daily, or are they far and few between? (The fast or delayed posting cvan give you an idea of how long you might expect to wait for art, etc. ) Reading on past journals they posted for commissions helps too cuz you can see if people have replied favorably or are asking about where their art is etc.

All in all, I would highly suggest not paying the artist a full amount up front, and if you can, none up front at all. Some artists will only accept the whole amount up front, but if thats the case research the hell out of them to be sure you are making a safe investment. For me personally, I think the safest route would be finding people who are fine taking payment halfway through the art, or after the art is finished. As an artist myself, I dont usually charge any money up front, only half when the sketch is done and the rest when the art is complete. That way both parties are protected--if they dont pay me I only did a sketch so I didn't lose too much time. And if they think they might get scammed, at least they didn't pay anything before receiving any art, so its best for both ^_^

Shameless Nerd

What bothers me about this is you have to spend $150 to get all the items, not just purchase the cash. I'd be willing to stock up if I could then spend it at my leisure. But I doubt there are $150 worth of items I'd even want to buy in the next day and a half. Which is too bad because I really love that Ghosty march. crying

Bloodthirsty Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I'm not so annoyed at the actual tier event as I am at the little banner in the header.
Not only does it look awful to begin with, but also with Better Gaia on it partially covers my gold amount.

Pure-hearted Bunny

13,575 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Nicki Weston90
It's because they want too, I understand why some people have boycotted Gaia Cash and in my opinion it is not going to get you heard! I buy GC and even my suggestions and pleas to Gaia have fallen on deaf ears (no offence to anyone) at the end of the day people buying Gaia Cash do help keep the site up for people to enjoy!

Also when people buy GC doesn't mean they are buying GG's, they are putting the GC towards items that appeal to them and boycotting GG's, all because we buy GC doesn't make us the bad guys =/

User Image

Don't Forget to Love

I respect your opinion, but I feel that Gaia won't listen as long as their marketing tactics are "working"..
Only when they need to listen to the community, will be when they start doing so.

I'll Always be Your Vanilla

Enduring Champion

18,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Champion 300
rena_gold
What bothers me about this is you have to spend $150 to get all the items, not just purchase the cash. I'd be willing to stock up if I could then spend it at my leisure. But I doubt there are $150 worth of items I'd even want to buy in the next day and a half. Which is too bad because I really love that Ghosty march. crying
it ridiculous what they want us to pay :L

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces