Welcome to Gaia! ::

justwind
Head Up Your Astronaut
SparkehMuffin
They should have let us spend an extra hour in the ball pit, instead.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I just rolled my eyes at the stupid sale thing. The thing that really disappointed me is there is no info if/how this might effect the gofusion kickstart.

Familiar Codger

Bee Movie Suit

Exploiting a glitch is against the TOS. Aside from their "apology", at least the users who obtained the stolen goods are getting their gold back instead of gaia just deleting the items and leaving it at that.

I know it's against the TOS, but the fact that they've gotten so lax with everything on the site doesn't help their case. They obviously didn't care enough to check it thoroughly, so maybe now they'll get the hint that half-arsing things isn't such a good idea.

Familiar Codger

Kailer_Raimonji
"Here's a compensation for the trouble: A chance to spend more money on us! Aren't we generous or what?"

Since I haven't been affected, one could say that I have no reason to get angry. But their definition of what a "compensation" is, is just ******** up and not rewarding to those that were affected. A real compensation would be giving affected users 25GC or 50GC for free.

I wasn't affected either, but it still managed to piss me off. I hardly get on Gaia anymore but when I do, I'm confronted with increasingly idiotic happenings. How they can treat people like this and think it's acceptable is beyond me.
That's why I say I'm done. I'll check in maybe once a month to see if it's dead yet.

Impassioned Misfit

s**t, at one point, they practically had a cash flash for every time someone in the office passed a moderate amount of gas.

It's very tedious, to say the least.

Stone-cold Loiterer

Perfect quote from the Incredibles. I'm kinda feeling the same way right now. :/

Demonic Teenager

There are enough complaints about La Victoire already. Why bother apologizing with another cash sale?

Magnetic Phantom

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
s**t, at one point, they practically had a cash flash for every time someone in the office passed a moderate amount of gas.
Dang. Now I cannot get that image out of my mind. eek

OP, I'm not quite sure about who gets to decide what and maybe it's just because that is what she's in charge of, but I remember it was the same staff member who kept misusing staff notices to peddle their CS stuff until we had finally bitched about this enough.

I agree it was a bad idea, whoever came up with it does seem rather out of touch with the user base,
besides the people who were affected by it cannot even really take advantage of it.

Witty Conversationalist

11,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
They did say "small" apology

Familiar Codger

Anjoulie

OP, I'm not quite sure about who gets to decide what and maybe it's just because that is what she's in charge of, but I remember it was the same staff member who kept misusing staff notices to peddle their CS stuff until we had finally bitched about this enough.

I agree it was a bad idea, whoever came up with it does seem rather out of touch with the user base,
besides the people who were affected by it cannot even really take advantage of it.

I'm not sure either, but they need to give the decision making power to someone else. If it's the CEO himself making all the decisions, were just screwed.

That part really bothers me as well. "Sorry this happened to you and to prove that we are, we're gonna give everybody else great deals that you won't really be able to use."
Why do something for the people that weren't involved at all? I don't need an apology. The ones that were affected do, and they sure as heck don't need a sale when they're all pissed at Gaia.

Shadowy Phantom

14,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Quank
Anjoulie

I'm not sure either, but they need to give the decision making power to someone else. If it's the CEO himself making all the decisions, were just screwed.

That part really bothers me as well. "Sorry this happened to you and to prove that we are, we're gonna give everybody else great deals that you won't really be able to use."
Why do something for the people that weren't involved at all? I don't need an apology. The ones that were affected do, and they sure as heck don't need a sale when they're all pissed at Gaia.
In the first place, who wants this kind of apology?
They basically release items every freaking day, and as far as things go, it not like it affected everyone. It didn't affect me, and it doesn't matter to me cause i dont spend money on useless pixels of crap items.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
User Image

We're sorreh.

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
Quank
Kailer_Raimonji
"Here's a compensation for the trouble: A chance to spend more money on us! Aren't we generous or what?"

Since I haven't been affected, one could say that I have no reason to get angry. But their definition of what a "compensation" is, is just ******** up and not rewarding to those that were affected. A real compensation would be giving affected users 25GC or 50GC for free.

I wasn't affected either, but it still managed to piss me off. I hardly get on Gaia anymore but when I do, I'm confronted with increasingly idiotic happenings. How they can treat people like this and think it's acceptable is beyond me.
That's why I say I'm done. I'll check in maybe once a month to see if it's dead yet.
I wouldn't blame you if you did that. The only reasons why I still come to Gaia are my inventory and that I still like to mess around with my avatar. Oh and seeing what the NPCs are up to on Halloween and Christmas.

BTW, did you censored my post? xd

Magnetic Phantom

Quank
That's the funny part: the average user isn't really affected by this at all,
of if anything then it had a positive effect (see the marketplace graph and it's tiny bit of deflation).

The only people who "lost" anything form this (in addition to those having their accounts suspended or their trading passes temp removed) are those high end people who "invested" in those exact items she "stole" and sold for lower prices because it caused those things to "depreciate in value".
And even that effect will most likely only be temporary.

Magical Raider

You're poop, Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas