Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Codger

"Some people stole fake items from our fake store and we're taking them back and locking accounts. We feel bad this happened (because we got cheated) so here's 25% off GC. Please buy more fake items with real money."

That's how I read your staff update.

I'd ask if you're kidding, but I know you're not. You use a sale for everything now. "Thank you!" "Sorry!" "Happy holidays!" "Just because!" It's not exciting. Stop presenting it like we should be grateful--like you're so gracious to your users. I'm sick of it.

You know what? I think this was the last push I needed, albeit very small. I've been holding on for so long with irrational hope things would change, but it's apparent they're not going to.

To quote the Incredibles: "I knew you couldn't do it, even when you've got nothing to lose. You're weak... and I've outgrown you."

Golden Cat

How do you steal a virtual item?

Divine Muse

karate chop kitten
How do you steal a virtual item?

There was an exploit used to get several of the Gaia win bundles from LV for free.

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
I literally had to double take, because I didn't believe they would do something so... money grubbing.
Usually staff alerts are a way of letting everyone know about site-fixes, bugs that are being seen to, or general updates. I'm pretty sick of them using it as a way to push cash sales. Pretty sure it's not the first time they've done it.

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
They do everything just to make a profit so this doesn't surprise me. I'm sorry that the gc store got robbed. But that occurrence just goes to show how bad the situation is here on Gaia. Now people are so desperate for gold and items, they are no longer just hacking accounts, they have moved on to taking advantage of the cash shop itself. It's sad, but whats really sad is that Gaia used the incident to make a nice profit.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Suicidal Dustbunny
I literally had to double take, because I didn't believe they would do something so... money grubbing.
Usually staff alerts are a way of letting everyone know about site-fixes, bugs that are being seen to, or general updates. I'm pretty sick of them using it as a way to push cash sales. Pretty sure it's not the first time they've done it.

And that is why SA will stay disabled. If I could turn off announcements, I would.
They should have let us spend an extra hour in the ball pit, instead.

Romantic Man-Lover

12,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100
They actually didn't lose anything except the possibility of getting some money.
Shows Gaia already thinks of our money as theirs and they are entitled to every bit.
There is no way they lost anything by having virtual stock stolen.

Familiar Codger

Dwindling
They actually didn't lose anything except the possibility of getting some money.
Shows Gaia already thinks of our money as theirs and they are entitled to every bit.

That's exactly what I thought.
They should let he people keep the item (only one) since the glitch was Gaia's carelessness in the first place. That would be "sorry we messed up, it's on us." Like a good company does.

Springtime Werewolf

SparkehMuffin

Hoarding Hoarder

Quank
Dwindling

That's exactly what I thought.
They should let he people keep the item (only one) since the glitch was Gaia's carelessness in the first place. That would be "sorry we messed up, it's on us." Like a good company does.

Exploiting a glitch is against the TOS. Aside from their "apology", at least the users who obtained the stolen goods are getting their gold back instead of gaia just deleting the items and leaving it at that.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Quank
"Some people stole fake items from our fake store and we're taking them back and locking accounts. We feel bad this happened (because we got cheated) so here's 25% off GC. Please buy more fake items with real money."
That is the best, most accurate interpretation of that ad staff announcement I'll ever see.

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
"Here's a compensation for the trouble: A chance to spend more money on us! Aren't we generous or what?"

Since I haven't been affected, one could say that I have no reason to get angry. But their definition of what a "compensation" is, is just ******** up and not rewarding to those that were affected. A real compensation would be giving affected users 25GC or 50GC for free.

your mom sucks me's Sweetheart

Head Up Your Astronaut
SparkehMuffin

Lucky Cat

15,975 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • 1 Win 50
It's like: You accidentally total your friend's car, leaving them with no transportation.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! As a small apology, I'm going to allow you to buy my used television for 25% off."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff