User Image

I am Moirarchos
Damage: light
Power: full
Orgia: inactive
Considerations: volatile situation...
Companions: KSU

User Image

She wasn't sure if having a battle-ready ASSW in the midst of the town gathering information was the best use for her, but Moira wasn't going to second-guess Chikara after he had agreed so enthusiastically to help her. She wasn't as good at talking to humans as other humans were... Perhaps Chikara expected some violence to break out in the town. Without a poncho or other disguise handy, Moira simply stepped out of the plane with her weaponry and attachments in full view.

Once they reached the town, it wasn't long before Moira understood what the point might have been. The civilians were acting hostile toward their presence, seemingly under the impression that they were working for Abaddon. They weren't wrong, in a way, but what interested her was that they understood Abaddon to be a detriment to society. The reception of his announcement from yesterday implied that much of the world thought of him as a hero. Something must have happened here, likely involving the facility...

Moira blinked, catching a bit of Kuro's conversation with a woman. The presence of the facility seemed to make them sensitive to the energies of shadows. This was a problem; it made them more susceptible to shadow attacks as well.

Perhaps it was time to make contact. Finding a nearby civilian, a younger man looking out from an alley, she began to approach. She had heard a few instances of 'spider lady' from children nearby - something that she hadn't considered even though she had the requisite number of limbs. Making sure to change her set language to Japanese, she began to speak.

"Excuse me, do-"

The man suddenly hurled a rock at her. Although a little surprised, Moira palmed it away without much trouble. That was when she noticed some hurried footsteps coming from behind. She turned just in time to see a steel bar smash into the side of her head. Staggering forward a little, she decided that the situation required some measures to be taken. At the second swig, she grabbed the offender's arm with several hands, bent the elbow back until she heard bone break, and thrust him into a nearby pile of rags. This helped to stifle his cries of pain, thankfully. The one who previously had the rock decided to vacate, and Moira decided that it wold be a good idea for her as well.

Diagnosing damages, she concluded that they were superficial in nature. the skin on the left side of her skull was torn slightly, and the metal was only slightly bent; magic would be enough to repair it sufficiently. Thankfully, she noticed Hitoshi being ousted from a nearby store. Quickly and as subtly as she could manage, Moira made her way across the street and to the storefront.

"Tetsudatte itadakema-" realizing her language was still set to Japanese, Moira frowned and set it back to English. Switching to battle settings and back often made her overlook things. "Pardon. Can you help me? I've sustained minor damage from a local."

-

Well, he was probably in for a long wait. Thankfully, Steve brought some things along to pass the time. First was a little stereo, which he sat down at the empty seat next to him. He flipped through the music on his MP3 player until he found something enjoyable, and leaned back in his chair. Pulling out his cellphone, which he was sure had been bugged by this point, he flipped through contacts before finding Jae. He wanted to keep the positive momentum going, despite the interruption of the mission. What was the government going to do, fire him? He knew too much.

Hey. We just touched down. Nothing exciting so far, thank goodness. I didn't want to fly over two dangerous, shadow-infested cities this week. XP

User Image

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Spiritus Animus Intelligence☤

Entering your world
I hold but one question
"Do you dare to fight"
"Against Evil's Mind"
The words leave my lips as you nod
Understanding you, I reach out
But turn away you did, towards the others you hold dear
Leaving me behind, not knowing I suffer
But tears could not stop, as I stoop to the shadows
A friend I was not, though I long to be
Your hand I could not hold, for I was never meant to be
Fool you were, to believe such a thing
Tool I was never going to be
You hold no power over me
I strike out, seeking my own path
Fulfilling my duty
With my own hands and deeds

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Oh. So that was it? That was what she had to do? Stay up here and do some other support stuff? How boring. Spiritus yawned, shaking its head. "Me? How I got in? The firewall sucks, that's how. I'm gonna infect all your files and destroy them very easily. Bleeeeeh." Spiritus pulled a face at the last part, before laughing.

Folding its arms, Spiritus smirked, before shaking its head. "In all seriousness, you might wanna ask Kuragari over there. His phone was the source of it all. Blame Philemon or whatever. I'm here to stay, whether you like it or not. Izanami and I are meant for this, built for it." Spiritus' face took on a robotic look, with faraway eyes.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Fool I was to think
              That humans could help me see my dream
              Help them I must
              Coding demands, and my instincts I trust
              As I stay under the monitor
              Guiding humans towards the monster
              I know they will prevail, they always do
              As I hold my heart and revive
              I had long to see mankind survive
              But when they do
              Fear tells me they may destroy me too.

Company: K.S.U
              Theme Song: Casual:Fight
              Arcana: Fool

Quote:

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

☤Hitoshi Hanketsu☤

The war was won, wondrous it was
Peace ensued, ignorance restored
Fate moved on, red lines twining
Sleep returned, lessons learnt.
Over it was not, as fate took a turn
For the better or the worse, evil returned.
Judgment preserved, my path anew
I tread upon bloodbath still.

Hitoshi had been pelted with rocks, and thrown insults before, but she had never been struck on the back of her head or forced choose between a 'hostage' of sorts. Her head hurt, but the other guy's vital area was struck so hard as her wheelchair moved back, and the 'hostage' was not paid any heed as she scared the local away with her firearm, only for the 'hostage' to attack her. She managed to shove the hostage away and escaped.

Snarling, Hitoshi grimaced. She was right where she had been earlier. Great. Her head hurt and she was in trouble. Plus, not much information. Not exactly how she expected her information gathering to be. Shaking her head, she was about to move off when Moira came over.

She didn't know Moira as well as the rest of the KSU. Well, she didn't really talk, but yes, she knew Moira as a friend. Just not as close as Kuro was to her. Scratching her head, she placed her head in her hands as she listened to Moira's request.

When Moira spoke in Japanese, Hitoshi smirked. Her language was set back to English, and Hitoshi chuckled. "I'm a Japanese, you know. It's my language." Nevertheless, she frowned when she heard the request. "I can see why. Who did this to you? I hope they got a good punishment." Hitoshi asked, while fumbling to get her other Evoker.

Yanking it out and healing Moira right back up, though it was small. Hitoshi placed her Evoker down. "I'm not one to talk, but shouldn't you keep your arsenal to the bare minimum? I know the locals are hostile, but walking around like that can be very... well, let's just say that you are their target more often than not."

I stand before this massacre
              My weapons drawn, my eyes ahead
              Deep down I have always known
              This was eternity, my curse to carry
              Care I not of my destiny
              Chosen and carried out, without hesitancy
              Love and hate, a clash of fury
              Forever and now, I will stand
              My people, my family, I will do my best
              Raising my hand and letting it fall
              The echoes of my Judgment ringing on.

Company: Moira
              Judgment Arcana
              Theme Song: Casual:Fight

OOC:

Quote:

Tea Lich's Husbando

Blessed Hunter

xxxxx • • • x C x H x I K A R A x • •
MEMORIES UNCONSCIOUSLY BOUND
TEARS THAT FALL WITHOUT REASON
JOURNEY WITHOUT AN END

xxx xxIxxxAxMxxXBxUxTxxxAxxxLxOxNxExSxOxMxExxxSxOxUxLxxxxxxxxxx
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a m xxxxxxxx

├ ◉ ◉ LONGING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ YEARNING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ BELIEVING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ SEARCHING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ WANDERING ◉xx

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxTxHxExxxSxPxExCxTxExRxxxoxfxxxDxExAxTxH
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Human | Shadow | S.O.U.L | Hero | Chaos | Current Theme: Investigation: Rainy Night
[Out of Character: Nothing, for now.]

Chikara left on his own, telling the rest of those that had followed him to spread out and do their own kind of information gathering. Whatever they could find, he would use. He would bring Abaddon down one way or the other, but he would make it so that everybody saw him for the monster he was. The one thing Chikara refused to do was turn Abaddon in to a martyr because he was hasty. Chikara strode through the town, noticing that most people averted their gaze from him, and when they looked at him their faces were painted with either fear, hatred, or a mix of both. It was surreal to see so many people that simply did not trust him based off a single look. What was it that caused that fearful look in their eyes? Chikara tried to approach several people, but they immediately retreated when he approached. Their reaction to him alone was enough to make his blood boil. Abaddon had done something to these people...he knew it.

Chikara pushed a few doors, but he could see that nobody was going to open. Eventually he was able to find somebody that left their door open, so he helped himself. "Excuse me, sir. I'm looking for information regarding..." Chikara was cut off by the man's intense glare, which meant he didn't want to talk possibly. "And who the hell do you think you're supposed to be?! Get out of my house!" Chikara sighed, seeing that this was going to be a bit more difficult than he had hoped. "Look, I'm not here to instigate with you people. Judging by the way everyone was intimidated by the vehicle we arrived in, I know you have a hatred of Abaddon. Tell me what he's done to you. I can help all of you." Chikara's words were cut off by the man taking a wild swing at him, to which Chikara's body body responded automatically in an effort to protect himself and annihilate the threat. He didn't want to hurt the man, so he would have to disarm him and take him out without causing fatal damage.

Chikara twisted his body away from the danger and tucked himself in to a roll, stopping short to see that the man had reared back to swing again. Even if it was just a rod he attacked with, Chikara wasn't known for taking threats lightly. Chikara stood up sidestepped another swing, catching the man's arm and twisting his wrist to force him to drop his weapon. At the same time, Chikara used his strength and leverage to throw the man over his back and on to the floor. Chikara, being the man he was, put his foot on the man's shoulder and pushed just enough to dislocate it before next placing his foot on his assailant's neck. "Ah, there we are. Are you listening to me now? I'd like to talk about Abaddon and his works near the lab if you don't mind." The man yelled something out about Chikara being a monster, or something about not killing him...or something. Chikara simply shrugged and twisted the man's wrist a little more until he could practically hear the tension that came before a serious break. "I'm not going to kill you. What I will do is lose my patience. Talk. Now."

Chikara got what he wanted, even if he had to be a little aggressive to get it. He didn't learn much, but the man was sure Abaddon had a connection to this town. Chikara believed it too. The evil that permeated the air was strong in smell, and in fact, the researchers that had been using the lab were pawns of Abaddon. Chikara relocated the man's shoulder before he left, but offered nothing in way of apology. Chikara did a few more sweeps of the town, but he gathered very little informaiton, and he wasn't willing to beat down on anybody else since that wasn't what he was here for. He did find out something interesting however...whatever the researchers had been here for, they had long since abandoned what they were doing. Did they, perhaps, never finish it and run away out of fear? Did they leave it here for some purpose? What were they even researching that could cause them to abandon their project? Those were all questions that needed answering, but Chikara wasn't going to get any answers on his own...nobody in this town would trust him for some reason. Either they openly showed aggression, or they ran from him. It was frustrating.

B I T T E R S W E E T ∽ INSANITY ▼ M A D N E S S xx AND HATE.

Enable Llamas's Senpai

Adorable Leaf

User ImageUser Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Team Kuro | Abioye Nomusa: The World | Axle Mason: The Aeon | Susumu Osoku: The Hunger | Évelyne Mason: The Chariot
♦ The Lab | ♦ The KSU | ♦ Concerned... | ♦ OOC
❝ The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire. ❞

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋
Most of the other members of the KSU stood around Steve and the airplane to guard him and watch out for everything that happened. Susumu, Axle, and Evelyne all stood around at different parts of the plane to see if there was any type of attacks that came their way. Nothing was happening and as long as they were there, this would be a rather boring thing to do. Axle figured this was a good enough time to devert his attention something else. Axle rubbed his chin, realizing that the thing that him and Momo had spoken about the previous night was finally coming to fruition today. They would do their part here and hopefully, Aly and Momo would do their part there. Axle knew it was dangerous and it was even more dangerous not to tell Chikara about it but he needed to make sure this whole thing went through without a hitch. Besides, Aly would be able to take care of Momo if anything bad happened. Aly was trained by Noelle who he had even more faith in. Just as he was thinking about this, he heard the communicator that they had in their ears start to go off, alerting them of a message coming through. Since Axle was assigned to answer all communicators that came through, he decided to go ahead and answer it. Axle pressed it and spoke to whoever had answered him. "Mason here. Find anything?" The person on the other line had been Kuro stating their search had been rather unfaithful but even so, they had gotten enough to search that lab out in the distance. It was apparently unguarded and unused so they didn't have to worry about anything being there.

Despite Axle answering it, the message was heard by everybody that wanted to here it. "Understood. We'll head to the location right now." Axle turned to everyone else and shouted, "Alright, everybody! Kuragari and his search team seemed to find out some information about the lab that we're supposed to investigate. According to what they said, the people of that small village said that Abaddon had come through there when he was "destroying" all the labs around the world and tortured the people of that village until a man offered his help and brought them there. 10 miles on the outskirts of the village, there is a lab there. We are to go there and wait for Kuragari and the others to meet us there. Under no circumstances are we allowed to go into the lab. Steve, it seems like you're permitted to stay here. Magatsuchi, it seems like you're permitted to do whatever you want. Nomusa didn't really specify." Axle nodded to his sister, Evelyne, as they walked off together with Susumu dragging behind them. The three of them, along with everyone else on this mission, made their way from where they touched down with the plane, making their way to the lab. It didn't take that long to get there, with most of them immediately noticing that something was up with this lab. "Hey, Axle, did you say this place was abandoned? I can already sense something in there." Evelyne told her brother, as he groaned.

"Looks like something's up with the intel of the townspeople. I suppose they can only know so much though." Axle was annoyed by the fact that something was definitely off about this place but he was told not to do anything until Chikara and the others got there. Kuro had mentioned that it'd be safer if they all went in together. Axle took a seat on the ground and Evelyne patted him on the shoulder, offering a side that wasn't seen by her very much. Axle touched his sister's hand, as she sat down next to him, her serious look on her face returning. Susumu fell flat on his back, and waited for the others to get here. Scoffing, Susumu came to realize that he didn't want to be here to begin with. He shrugged, realizing that he was stuck doing this till the end of time. Oh well...

Kuro saluted Chikara shortly after giving the message to him. "Axle and the others are heading to the lab right now. I've got a bad feeling about this whole thing... I will meet you guys there since I'm taking off now. Radio me if there's something wrong." Kuro activated his ACE, and quickly dashed off, quickly taking to the skies, doing a few flips, testing the true limits of his ACE. He had tested that yesterday for sure but this was the battlefield and even though things were about as serious as they were before, he wanted to make sure he knew what he was talking about before he asked Amaya to make the recommended changes. Landing on the ground after getting his results, he made sure to follow a path that he assumed was to the outskirts surrounded by a lot of trees and stuff. Making it to the others in record time, he stopped in front of the group and started to speak but he was instantly caught off guard by the enormous amount of Shadow energy coming from the lab. "Holy s**t." was all Kuro could see from this. He thought this was abandoned! If that was the case, then what the hell was going on with all of this? Immediately deciding to report to Chikara about this, he said, "Okay, so, Chikara. This lab that we're about to investigate is permeating with Shadow energy. You'll find out for yourself when you get here. It's an even stronger feeling than when we were in the town." Ending off the communication there, he crossed his arms and sighed. Looks like they had something else on their hands now...

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋ ==== ♋

Aged Gaian

User Image

I am Moirarchos
Damage: none
Power: full
Orgia: inactive
Considerations: Shadow activity dangerously high
Companions: KSU

User Image

Moira felt the side of her head gingerly, leased to note that Hitoshi's magic had done its job. Using Dia skills to repair machinery wasn't an exact science, and depending on an ASSW's self-awareness, it could fail to work. Usually, her extra arms had to be manually repaired or replaced rather than healed. Hitoshi questioned the wisdom of showing up in town fully geared up, and Moira honestly didn't have much of an answer.

"Chikara chose me to join the team in the village," she said with a small shrug. "I do not want to remove any of my attachments in case we are urgently required to fight. I did not anticipate requiring a disguise today. Logically, I have to keep myself battle-ready and risk the ire of these humans." She smiled a little. "My attacker was subdued. Something of a 'you should see the other guy' situation."

They received a call from Kuro, stating that they were to rendezvous at the shadow lab. It was highly active, apparently. Moira didn't like the sound of that. Nodding to Hitoshi, she hurried down the street and out of the town's borders.

A few minutes later, Moira burst from some overgrowth, stopping near the others and within sight of the lab. Her eyes widened a little at what she picked up; the lab certainly wasn't abandoned, at least not by shadows. She took her weapons out and looked to Kuro, but converted her voice so that the others could hear her over radio. "This feels almost like a shadow nest. If we are going to disturb it, we need to make sure the village stays safe."

That was enough to get Steve's attention. With everyone making their way to the lab, he suddenly felt quite a bit less secure about being 'permitted to stay here'. "Yeah, I'm just going to get this thing turned around in case we need to make a quick getaway, all right?" he spoke into the receiver. Firing up the engines, he repositioned the plane quickly and began to make a few other preparations. If some big, badass shadow decided to have him for lunch today, he wasn't going to have it happen without a fight. Walking into the passenger hold of the plane, he got out a set of keys and opened up a fair-size compartment in the back. Inside was a number of choice weapons that he had some basic training in, and managed to convince his superiors were 'necessary precautions for operations against unorthodox shadow combatants' or somesuch. His sidearm and the armour of his plane were hopefully enough for smaller enemies, but...

He hefted out the rocket launcher and a heavy case filled with three spare rockets. Setting them on the ground, he opened the case and - praying as he always did that it wouldn't go off or detonate - loaded one in to the muzzle. Lifting the strap up around his neck and shoulder, he sighed contentedly. There, now he felt much more secure.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces