Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tea Lich's Husbando

Blessed Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
K.x˟ S. ˟xU
║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│ ▍▍▍▍▍║▌│ ▍▍▍▍▍║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│

Team Chikara| Chikara: All Green| Elysium: All Green| Noelle: All Green| Amaya: All Green
"Burning up times four!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chikara felt like rolling his eyes at how ridiculous some of the team was acting. He impaled his blade in to the ground, leaving his hand on the handle long enough for everybody to feel the strength draining from their bones. Chikara had no remorse. If they fell to the ground, he wouldn't have cared at all. Chikara did this for one reason; to ensure that nobody would move while he spoke. His eyes had begun to glow that ominous yellow that shadows normally took when they were aggressive. "Listen carefully, KSU. Every single one of you." Chikara had begun, crossing his arms over his chest and standing dominant. "Unity is key, and based entirely on the leader's relationship with his subordinates. During operations, I am not your friend. I am not your Chikara. What I am is your leader, and as your leader, I will not brook dissenting voices from you..." Chikara glanced in Hitoshi's direction before turning his gaze to everyone else. "Or anyone. Any threat to the unity and cohesion of the group will be considered an act of betrayal. Remember that before you let your morning exhaustion control your words." Chikara would take everybody out for drinks later, and have a good laugh about their mission completion, but not now. Now, all their lives were on the line.

Upon seeing Thessa's sleepy eyed stare, but willingness to come along with them, Chikara's expression softened and his eyes turned back to their standard violet as he drew his sword from the ground. Everybody would feel their strength return as Chikara started on their current goals. "The current objective is thus. A source of mine has given me information relating to a small-scale outbreak of shadows. What's important is the location...the town we're visiting is too small on its own to create an outbreak. We'll be investigating since my source tells me it's connected to Abaddon. For too long we've been unable to act, but now we have a chance to undermine him entirely. Our success rides on this mission, so approach it as would approach a high-value mission. Now, move." Chikara finished up, though before he was able to get moving he heard Moira's quick words in his direction and shrugged. "Very well. We'll speak on the way there."

Chikara let everybody get on the move on their own, since they had to leave right now. He personally walked alongside Thessa out of, perhaps, a wish to remain at least somewhat calm when he addressed the rest of them...walking alongside her made him remember himself, at least. "We're walking in to unknown territory this time, and given Abaddon's experimentation with Personas, I don't know what he might've done that could cause the appearance of a shadow nest, and one that's been slowly growing without anybody noticing...so watch yourself at all times." Chikara spoke while removing the bandages from his arm. No need for any type of restraint for this mission. He'd just hide his arm from the people in the small, podunk town they were heading to. "...I've got a bad feeling about all of this..." Chikara didn't like the feeling he was getting from this mission alone. He felt as though an ill wind was blowing their way.

Noelle clenched her teeth when she felt Chikara getting upset with everyone...well...mainly Hitoshi. "W-wait! I'm sure there's no need for this!" Chikara gave his "we are soldiers" speech and drew his blade from the ground, causing Noelle to sigh. What was bothering him? She wasn't going to push her luck and ask, instead, she was going to prepare for departure. On their transport, Noelle did what was characteristic of her, and started playing around with things she certainly should not have on a plane. Anybody who knew her could tell that her looking around meant she was looking for an exit when they were off the ground. Classic Noelle, who would jump from a plane five-thousand feet in the air without fearing the consequences. "Oh, Hitoshi! Boss-Man, me, and Amaya were all talking about this earlier. It's a dangerous mission since that place is...tainted, I suppose? So keep to the back at all times!" Noelle herself would fight on the front since Chikara gave her leave to do as she wanted.

Amaya saw Elysium step backwards and laughed nervously when she looked at Kuro. "A-ahah...e-erm...th-this is...uhh..." Amaya saw that Elysium wasn't trying to worry anybody about her presence, which is why she hid herself, so she decided to lie to protect Elysium's efforts so far. "A new recruit for K.S.U. She doesn't talk much, but Chikara believes in her. I hope you learn to trust her just as much as we do." Amaya, with that out of the way, boarded their transport and set her laptop on her lap and got to work. "I haven't been there personally, but Chikara and I managed to get a rendering of the area. I'll upload it to all your phones so you don't get lost. It's just a rudimentary 3D model, so it's not perfect, but it should be enough for now. We'll all converge on this area here after we leave the town." Amaya had begun marking specific areas and objectives so everybody would know what they had to do. The first objective being to sweep through the town. Information about Abaddon was scarce, but this might mean something. Afterwards, they were going to eliminate the shadows on the outskirts, and possibly find damning evidence that could permanently shut down Abaddon.

Elysium took a step back and shook her head when Kuro offered his hand. She'd rather not risk blowing her cover, no matter what. If she did, it was more than likely Kuro would be upset with her putting herself at risk like this, but even though she hadn't been in the field for nearly as long as they had, she trained...she was ready, and she could fight just like them. Amaya introduced her, and Elysium seemed to reflexively relax since the blue-haired girl decided to help her. She saluted Kuro, but didn't speak since she had nothing to say that would help her here. Elysium followed after Amaya, sitting next to her and crossing one leg over the other while she played with the tonfa clubs that Amaya had gifted her with. They were stronger than her originals...and that was a good thing. Amaya really knew her stuff when it came to weapons, so Elysium was left wondering why Amaya didn't fight on her own.

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

☤Hitoshi Hanketsu☤

The war was won, wondrous it was
Peace ensued, ignorance restored
Fate moved on, red lines twining
Sleep returned, lessons learnt.
Over it was not, as fate took a turn
For the better or the worse, evil returned.
Judgment preserved, my path anew
I tread upon bloodbath still.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Finally getting a little caffeine in her system, Hitoshi brushed her hair back, a little wary of Chikara. He seemed serious, and in a way, more dangerous than any one she had met. No one wanted to meet him in a dark alley. Hitoshi tilted her head when Chikara stared in her direction, and mildly grimaced. So what if she had spoke out of turn? Well, she knew it was rude, but not being a morning person, she can be very grumpy when it came to something displeasing. And what's with this 'You are soldiers so listen to me' speech? Snorting softly, Hitoshi rubbed her bionic arm.

She did not like being referred to as a soldier, even though she has been drafted into the army. Hitoshi is a detective, and the term 'soldier' made her feel like a pawn in the fight, someone that was disposable. Everyone was important, and not one person was a pawn. She respected Chikara as a leader, but if he started treating her like a robot that only listened and not object, Hitoshi might consider rebelling.

She knew the chances of surviving is quite low without K.S.U, but she had her own pride as well. Her eyes narrowed, before her fingers pried themselves from her bionic arm and rested on the side of the wheelchair. For now, she would admit Chikara might feel pressurized, so Hitoshi had to give it to him. Another chance. As she listened to the objective of the mission, Hitoshi tilted her head. Investigative mission? Hitoshi felt a smile on her face, and leaned back. This was more like it. She would take down any one that disturbed the citizens' safety.

When Noelle started to fiddle around, Hitoshi smiled, and watched. An exit, huh? Chuckling, Hitoshi was sure Noelle would jump off the moment they were near the point. Hitoshi was about to plug in some music, she heard Noelle speak. Something snapped within her. Was Noelle... wanting her to stay behind? Because it was dangerous? Anger flared up, and Hitoshi closed her eyes, struggling to keep her temper in. She was just worried. Calm down.

Her clear green eyes turned to Noelle, a cold mask sliding into place. "Really? So what if it's dangerous? Noelle, I'm not staying behind if you aren't. We are partners, or are you thinking this will slow you down?" Gesturing to her entire body, she asked coldly. With that, she turned back to face the front, her eyes staring straight ahead, but her hands tightening on her wheelchair betrayed her guilt at her small outburst.

Finally muttering an apology Noelle could hear, Hitoshi rubbed her neck. The meeting yesterday was still on her mind, and she was taking her irritation on others. Why?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I stand before this massacre
              My weapons drawn, my eyes ahead
              Deep down I have always known
              This was eternity, my curse to carry
              Care I not of my destiny
              Chosen and carried out, without hesitancy
              Love and hate, a clash of fury
              Forever and now, I will stand
              My people, my family, I will do my best
              Raising my hand and letting it fall
              The echoes of my Judgment ringing on.

Company: K.S.U
              Judgment Arcana
              Theme Song: Casual:Fight

OOC: I'm not good at feels.

Quote:

Enable Llamas's Senpai

Adorable Leaf

User Image

Persona: Kohryu
Skills: Dragon Hustle, Ziodyne, Maziodyne, Tempest Slash, Mind Charge, Null Wind, Elec Amp, Spell Master

Time to break the chain
No pain, don't be afraid

Kuro didn't think Chikara was going to be this serious. Honestly, it sort of reminded Kuro of the time his control over AASET with Kohaku. While Kohaku wasn't a Shadow, she definitely had this type of command at her fingertips. Kohaku only needed to speak though and she would be able to command control over everything and everybody. Kuro admired Chikara's power though, and he could only gain respect for him at this point. After yesterday, he was definitely in admiration of such things. Just as Chikara forced them all to calm down, Axle, Evelyne, and Susumu along with Hiroyuki appeared, being able to hear such an empowering speech from Chikara. The situation was definitely more serious than it was back when they were AASET but thr only difference was... Kuro was sure he was fighting for the right side. This time, Kuro believed that what he was doing was right but... he wasn't completely sure. He only wanted confirmation that what he was doing was right. The more Shadow nests that they seemed to get rid of, the more children and people alike suffered from Abaddon's rule. When Chikara released them from what was going on, Kuro stretched, hearing some of his bones make a cracking sound. Sighing, he knew he should have stretched as soon as he woke up.

Kuro listened to everything that Chikara was saying, and his expression softened a little bit. He had to admit, this was definitely a good chance. While they didn't know for sure what was about to happen, this would be a great chance to put Abaddon in his place. Kuro wondered what town this was and where it had been taking place. Abaddon was so ready in his efforts to rid the world of these Shadows and the things they did to people, Kuro was surprised he allowed a place like this to survive. Kuro raised an eyebrow when Moira walked directly up to Chikara and while he didn't expect much from her since he wasn't their leader anymore, he would be lying if he said that he was a little saddened by the lack of their contact. Kuro considered Moira one of the few people in this world that he could count on without question, and he felt some type of way about her not saying a word to him. Kuro ignored it, and looked back at Amaya who told him about the situation of their new recruit. "Of course, Amaya. If Chikara trusts them, so do I. Like I do you or... anybody else. If Chikara approved them, they're a-ok with me." Kuro patted Amaya on the back before she walked onto the plane and saluted the new member. "Welcome to the team." He was a little skeptical about their ability but... oh well, Chikara selected them. Nothing he could really do about it now. Kuro walked onto the plane shortly after Axle, Evelyne, and Susumu did, taking a seat wherever he could find one.

As the plane started to take off, Kuro listened to what Amaya had to say. The thing that she was taking about was immediately uploaded onto the phone that Kuro had gotten not too long ago, mainly used for things like this. "Amaya, after this mission, I need to talk to you about my ACE as well as a few other things. I'll make sure not to go overboard with it this time so I can ask you about the proper modifications." The plane soared into the distance, wasting no time as they traveled for at least 2 hours. When they reached their destination, Kuro opened the door as they flew over the town to where they needed to land. Kuro caught a glimpse of the town and saw a sign. Kuro recognized the language... Were they somewhere in Japan right now? Kuro knew they had to be. Kuro closed the door as they traveled overhead, curious as to why the location was kept secret. He looked at Kohaku, wondering if she even knew they were coming to her home country. Awaiting their descent, Kuro turned away from everybody until they landed. This was looking really fishy right about now...

That's the sign
It's time to try, you gotta fly!

Tea Lich's Husbando

Blessed Hunter

Noelle Glace
Ես տանել իրենց կյանքը ինձ հետ

The White Glint
Եթե ​​միայն ես չեմ լինի միայնակ

Here...listen to the song of my soul... [Current Theme: Stealth: Cross the Checkpoint]
I'm more powerful than I ever was before, but that power came with a price... [Persona: Aine]
I believe that anything can change if you fight for what you believe! [Weapon: Armored Gauntlets]
As long as I can keep fighting, I'll do it... [Condition: Feelin' Good!]

Noelle's eyes widened when she heard Hitoshi snap at her. That normally cheerful girl went right back to acting like she was lost within herself in the worst of ways. Her normally confident words gave way to stuttering while she looked away from Hitoshi. "I...th-that's not what I meant..." Noelle stared at her own hands, biting the inside of her cheek to choke back any building emotion. "I just meant that...if things got heated, I wanted you to fight further back. You might not realize it, but I'm trying to prevent the one thing I can. I lost my friend, and I couldn't do anything about that...and my sister's death was my own doing. You saw how strong the shadows are becoming...I don't want to lose you when I know I can prevent that." Noelle pulled her hat down so she could cover her eyes, causing Chikara to glance in her direction for the moment. "This world...it terrifies me. I want everything to freeze so I can have my paradise, but that can't happen. I don't want to lose anybody, but I can't protect anybody. If anything happened to you, I..." Noelle was silent for a moment, hearing Hitoshi silently apologize for what she said.

"I know that...I'm not Chikara. I'm just an impulsive ex-reporter or something like that. I'm not anybody who can change the world. I just want to keep everybody safe...if not for them, then for me. That's why...even if I'm scared I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing. That's why even if my fear is cutting in to my Persona, I won't let it stop me. That's why, for once, I want to keep somebody close to me. Sound strange? I bet it does...maybe it's just talk." Noelle remarked rubbing her eyes with her sleeve. Chikara nodded towards Noelle and she nodded back. She opened the plane door and leapt out without another word, while Chikara took her spot next to the opening the door left. Noelle took a deep breath and ran her hand over her ACE in its base form. "Verto!" Noelle exclaimed with her then building enthusiasm. Any dread of fears she felt were replaced by a feeling of adrenaline. Warmth raced through her body and calmed her emotion, and in response to her building speed, her ACE prepped her for impact. As such, she was first on the ground. She made her entrance, and deactivated her ACE. In fact, with Chikara's go ahead she was the first in to the town, scouting it just in case this was all just a trick. She didn't find any traps, but...something was wrong with this town. The place, and the inhabitants were all just...strange to her. She didn't approach anybody, so hiding her presence was key.

Noelle crossed her arms, wondering if just sneaking around like this served a purpose. She didn't see anything, and she had been Chikara's informant for long enough to know the tools of the trade. "Uhm...an update? Zero-Zero-Zero-N, I think. That's weird for being so close to the nest. Scary, right?" Noelle just got chills thinking about it, but Chikara didn't give her permission to approach until they were all on the ground. Well, that was just dandy. So much for going ahead. "I'll try to keep contact to a minimum. It's not like I haven't been on a stealth mission before. Mhm...mhm...yeah, I'll be sure to do that. Seven-Three-Seven-C. Impressive, right?" Noelle continued, ending her talk with Chikara early while she went on ahead. Sticking to the shadows was her main priority, and while she was against using it in such a harmless place, she activated her ACE for its camo function. She didn't want any chance of being seen in case something went wrong. She was here to back everybody up as a scout, information gathering or no. She didn't mind it so much when it was her life on the line.

Նրանք քշել ինձ. Նրանք կործանել ինձ. Այդ Կարմիր Աչքեր կլինի վերջ ինձ ցավ ֆոր...

Aged Gaian

User Image

I am Moirarchos
Damage: none
Power: full
Orgia: inactive
Considerations: he must help...
Companions: KSU

The drone of jet engines on the two-hour flight to their location was more than enough to mask the conversation of anyone beyond a couple of seats from Moira. That was good, since she didn't want anyone but Chikara hearing about this. Not yet, at least. Depending on the shadow's reaction, she might want to save the big reveal for when none of them could stop it. She tapped on the hand of Chikara, laying on the armrest next to hers, and looked up at his human eye.

"You're the only one I can ask about this," she began, eyeing briefly the shadowstuff he chose to reveal for this mission. "I will tell you every part of my plan thus far, and my intentions. I want it to remain a secret to the others, but you can do whatever you want with this information. It will not stop me from fulfilling my new purpose." She knew that phrase would cause a stir to anyone aware of ASSW programming. Weapons were always meant to serve a singe purpose, written as some variation of 'protect humanity and eliminate shadow activity on Earth' upon initial programming. Introspection had led her to understand that this was not enough.

"Is it possible to transport a large amount of matter to the realm of shadows, permanently and with minimal risk of long-term corruption?" she asked, trying to get a read on Chikara's feelings about the question. No matter, she would continue either way. "I plan to transport a large - very large - facility and as much of its grounds as possible to engage the shadows on their own plane. My hope is for this to minimize their ability to gather strength and attack this world." He would probably want to know more than that. She took a moment to gather her thoughts and continued. "The facility will be one of several key Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon production plants. I plan to excise the human workers and researchers from the chosen plant and produce machines myself, which I will upload with battle data and train. This will serve a dual purpose, since we will have a platform and considerable forces to attack the shadows with, and..."

She paused. A flash of guilt was apparent on her face as she looked around at everyone. "...We will have a home." She closed her eyes for a moment, before looking back at Chikara. "I... think I made my feelings clear when we did battle with my shadow. Humans are so fundamentally flawed and selfish that... I can't help but think that I was meant to live apart from them. Before... Before I begin to hate them." It was an enormous shock when Moira realized that every action a human ever takes, whether it be murder or crying when sad or the most noble acts of charity, was in an effort to 'feel good' - to feel a small rush from a small gland in their brain that helped give them the drive to keep going as a species. They were animals addicted to endorphin, and every great work of mankind was corrupted by this fact. Moira, in the beginning, performed her actions simply because she was programmed to. There was no reward waiting for her at the end. The very thought of being hooked to some biological drug that stimulated her emotional centres with no input of her own - and the thought of being so complacent with this biological setup that you couldn't even distinguish it from your sense of self - was disgusting and frightening, especially once her adaptive AI began replicating these feelings without her consent due to it bringing her closer to being 'human'.

She had moved past self-loathing and revulsion, however. She had made the proper modifications. And with those modifications, she understood what had come to pass. "I am... greater, perhaps, than human, Chikara. Greater, lesser... incompatible, either way. I was hoping that your... situation would help you understand me better than the others. ASSWs continue to improve, and eventually, more of us will have these thoughts. For the good of everyone, I want to make them a home. We will be fighting an endless war, but it has always been our original function to. I don't imagine many of us will complain."

User Image

Tea Lich's Husbando

Blessed Hunter

xxxxx • • • x C x H x I K A R A x • •
MEMORIES UNCONSCIOUSLY BOUND
TEARS THAT FALL WITHOUT REASON
JOURNEY WITHOUT AN END

xxx xxIxxxAxMxxXBxUxTxxxAxxxLxOxNxExSxOxMxExxxSxOxUxLxxxxxxxxxx
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a m xxxxxxxx

├ ◉ ◉ LONGING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ YEARNING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ BELIEVING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ SEARCHING ◉xx
├ ◉ ◉ WANDERING ◉xx

xxTxHxExxxSxPxExCxTxExRxxxoxfxxxDxExAxTxH
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Human | Shadow | S.O.U.L | Hero | Chaos | Current Theme: Consideration for Moira: Those Carrying Solitude
[Out of Character: Nothing, for now.]

Chikara was focused solely on the arrival until he noticed Moira attempted to speak to him. It must have been about what she wanted to speak with him about on the ground. He would hear her out since he already gave her his word. The way she spoke bothered him, however. He could do whatever he wanted with the information, but her directive would be unaltered? That was a frightening thought. "You have my word. This conversation remains between us, then." She presented her question, and Chikara naturally thought it over. He had some questions for her, but he would answer her questions first. "It's possible. Is it safe? Certainly not. Remember how parts of the island became their own dimension, as it were, and a shadow world in their own right before being disconnected from what we discern as reality? Moving land, and a facility, would work exactly the same way. The problem would be corruption. This hasn't been tested in a setting where I can give you an honest opinion about that. If I remember more of my past self...as Chaos, then I would, perhaps, already know the answer to that question."

She further broached on her plan, causing Chikara to listen with even more interest as she went along. She planned to take the fight straight to the source, but she must have known that it wasn't going to mean much as long as humanity itself continued to exist. "You should know that shadow worlds are connected to the hearts of individuals. As long as they exist, shadows will continue to spawn. Beings like me...like Chaos were spawned not from individual desire, but a collective wish for discord. Even if you somehow find a way to permanently wipe out such small shadows, which is a theoretical impossibility, large spawns such as Chaos and Erebus will continue to hound you. You must know that this...is a crusade that will never end." Chikara closed his eyes, shaking his head for a brief moment. It couldn't have just been a wish to take the fight to the shadows. He could do that himself once Abaddon had permanently been defeated. "A battle without an end in sight is a lonely existence, but as a weapon you may understand that your mission would never end in the first place." Chikara could understand as far as that, but she explained even further.

Moira revealed the very depth of her concerns, and for Chikara, or rather Chaos who was a being built of the desires of others, he could understand very clearly what Moira meant. Not only that, but he was no longer a human by any standard save for the fact that he puppeteered a human body around so long as it lived. "I was born of that selfish desire for a brazen world ruled by feeling and emotion. In the very name, that world would be chaotic...and I would want no part in that. I understand how you feel towards humans since my birth was caused by such. The birth of every single one of our problems is caused by inherent selfishness. If that is truly your wish, I will assist you to the best of my abilities." Chikara saw that ripples of her feelings still flowed freely, and though it might not change anything, Chikara grasped her hand firmly. He did not wear any expression save for that of his conviction, which was characteristic for a leader such as him. "For your good and for the good of others...truly, a commendable goal." To Chikara, however, he could see how no matter what choice Moira made, it would ultimately be selfish. The most she could do is ply that so that she might still say that her actions were driven by her sense of duty. Loyal to her purpose until the very end, perhaps even at her own expense.

"You're sure of yourself...then we'll begin experimentation as soon as you're ready to approach this. I can already move human beings through a shadow world without issue, as well as ASSW units...so if I can recreate the phenomena that took place on Animus, your wish should be granted. I have only one stipulation, however." Chikara didn't release her hand, wanting to make sure that his words were very clear through what he said and what he did. "There will come a time when everybody expires. Thessa, Kuro, Kohaku, Noelle, and everyone we know. Even Chikara will meet his end. When that time comes I will no longer be tied to this human world, and will inevitably return to the world of shadows. If you intend to go through with this endless crusade, then remember...once this body perishes, I will join you. Endless though the fight may be, I'll battle alongside you until the future you see becomes a reality. When the time comes that I am the last shadow in existence...I leave my fate up to you. But until that time, we will fight together and see this endless path through together, just like at Animus, just like we're doing now. We'll see this journey out as partners. And unfortunately for you...I'm not giving you a choice." Chikara chuckled somewhat, perhaps laughing at the joke in poor taste. By time he could no longer stop Moira from leaving, he would not longer be her superior. It made so much more sense to see the end as equals, no?

B I T T E R S W E E T ∽ INSANITY ▼ M A D N E S S xx AND HATE.

Rayelon's Kouhai

Beloved Junior

User Image
x Mɪɴ Ysʜɪɴ || Tʜss Aʀɢɴ

As per usual, Mikan started her day in a rush, immediately woken up by Chikara’s booming voice. She scrambled out of bed in a panicked state, thinking that this was an emergency. With a blanket around her waist and Kuro’s shirt providing it’s baggy comfort, she slipped into the bathroom. Here, she found her fiance, as grumbly and groggy as a bear after hibernation. His calmness surprised her, and after a bit of inquiry, she learned that they just had to get ready, at the own pace, for the mission ahead. Accidentally, a sigh escaped her lips as it dawned upon her that the day would not be able to be spent alone, as everyone has been looking forward to. After a long shower to clear her senses and the depression dawning over her, she stepped out feeling refreshed, and as ready as someone could when they knew they were going out to war. Well, in Mikan’s case, help her fellow teammates survive the fight. Hand in hand with her love, she walked out, feeling all of the worry and stress drain away with each step. The gun bumping against her hip didn't help, however, but she could ignore it for the time being.

As the team stood around, idly buying time and making chit-chat, Mikan merely snuggled into Kuro’s arm, hoping to catch up on some of the sleep that was so easily stolen from her. As she felt her senses began to drift away, Steve’s far-too-happy-for-this-early voice shook her out of it, immediately eliciting a groan. Flying made her far too anxious to be able to sleep, so she’d be stuck sniffing her thermos full of peppermint tea as if it were her religion, and probably passing it around to the others who were suffering in the flying metal tube. As they boarded like zombies, Mikan let Kuro have the window seat, opting to shove her face in a book instead. The last time she had taken the window seat, the sight of them being over the clouds made her lose her meal pretty quickly. According to Noelle, it had to be some sort of record. This time she opted to direct her focus towards the ground through the book on her lap. If she couldn't focus, she’d look over the passengers like a mother hen. As they took off, she tightly gripped Kuro's hand, taking steady, deep breaths.

The sternness in Chikara's voice caused a shiver to run down Thessa's spine. She'd never get used to the difference between his softness with her and his authority with everyone else. It was scary, but she could tell it was from the goodness of his heart; the desire to not see anyone hurt. A bit more awake now, she walked with much better posture and grace, as a lady should. However, she was too focused on her appearance and was completely caught off guard by their leader himself. Quickly she cleared her throat and tried to hide her surprise. Instinctively leaning in, she listened to what Chikara had to say about the mission and his suspicions regarding Abaddon. "Oh please. The man's shady, but I don't think he has the balls to try something so risky so suddenly. I'm sure he's just testing our abilities, if anything. All we gotta do is show him we're still in tip top shape," she yawned, pretty clearly unfazed, "I'll still remain on guard though. A shadow's a shadow, no matter who made it." Silently, she looked down at her hands, remembering the overwhelming power she felt when she herself could summon shadows. Such a power is a dangerous thing, and when put into the wrong hands, nothing short of destructive. If Abaddon really had made them, or at least messed with them in anyway, it would be bad news for the KSU and their future. But no one is stupid enough to put all their chips forward during the first few rounds, which is why Thessa wasn't too worried. Inevitably there would be more to come, but this was just their warm-up. As she stepped onto the plane, barely fitting her scythe in, she reached over and squeezed her partner's hand. "It'll be alright, I promise."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              「with」 chikara, kuro, thessa, mikan 「location」 plaaaane 「feeling」 anxious & sleepy 「ooc」 blargh

jellyfuku

Aged Gaian

User Image

I am Moirarchos
Damage: none
Power: full
Orgia: inactive
Considerations: humans hate early mornings
Companions: KSU

User Image

The most that Moira thought to get from Chikara was a 'yes'. She got that, but surprisingly he even offered his services to her... at least when his time came. She closed her eyes for a moment and smiled. This was a considerable step forward in her plans. With an expert on shadows on her side, she was confident that they could recreate an Animus-like phenomenon, and hopefully keep it stable.

"It must seem like a sacrifice, to someone raised like a human," she mused. "But I can live an indefinite amount of time. I would be happy to leave this world with the memory of my friends still young and alive. It would be sad to watch them deteriorate." She would sigh if she could. Thinking for a moment, something more important came to mind. "Is there something I can do to lessen the time it takes you to start testing my theory? You're very busy, and if there are important figures you wish me to kill, I can. I highly doubt that this alliance with the military will last, and I recommend that we strike first, before they get the chance to."

It took her a while, but she finally mustered up the courage to respond to Chikara's plans as a full-fledged shadow. It was an awfully brash decision for him. Maybe he was afraid of wandering the realm of shadows alone. She decided to make a joke. "Well... If you really have nothing better to do with your afterlife, I can see about finding work for you."

In the meantime, Steve decided to take the opportunity during the long plane trip to get a show of hands. "Hey, uh-" He remembered that their comms were probably being monitored, and hung up the mic, deciding instead to turn around and shout from the cockpit. "Hey! So Jae and I were thinking that the next time we weren't all busy, we could have a game night or something...!" He noticed that everyone still seemed dead tired or preoccupied in their thoughts. He rubbed he back of his head. "...Y-Y'know what, never mind, I'll save it for after the mission."

He heard one of the doors being opened as he slowed the plane, nearing their destination. He glanced back and saw - of course - spunky Noelle leaping off in search of trouble. They had an airstrip this time, but why would that matter if you had a super-suit and a magic dude to break your fall? Steve shook his head. He wouldn't have the guts to jump out of a plane without a drill sergeant yelling into his ear. Easily one of the best experiences of his life, and one that he never ever wanted to repeat. Training camp was a nightmare.

Once he saw their landing zone, Steve zeroed in and started to descend. "Welcome troops, to beautiful Nowhere, Japan. The forecast calls for old retired people, cicadas, and girls who gruesomely murder each other if anime has taught me anything. We also have an abandoned shadow research facility - because that never goes wrong - and lucky you, facility tours are free today! I have to stay with the plane, so bonus objective: get me a neat souvenir from the town, and I'll give you priority seating on the way back and share some fantastic leftover steak!"

The plane touched down, rolling to a stop with plenty of room on the tarmac to spare. Steve wasn't one to brag, but it was one of his best landings so far. The doors opened and stairs deployed to the ground. "Remember, heroes: stay alert, shoot straight, check for traps, and most of all, have fun!"

User Image

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

Spiritus Animus Intelligence☤

Entering your world
I hold but one question
"Do you dare to fight"
"Against Evil's Mind"
The words leave my lips as you nod
Understanding you, I reach out
But turn away you did, towards the others you hold dear
Leaving me behind, not knowing I suffer
But tears could not stop, as I stoop to the shadows
A friend I was not, though I long to be
Your hand I could not hold, for I was never meant to be
Fool you were, to believe such a thing
Tool I was never going to be
You hold no power over me
I strike out, seeking my own path
Fulfilling my duty
With my own hands and deeds

Spiritus floated around in the digital space, before sighing. This was boring. Reaaaaally boring. It materialized in the middle of the air craft, next to Amaya. ".... How boring.... wouldn't you like to go down there?"

Leaning on its back, it glanced at Amaya for a brief moment, sizing her up. Huh. How was it that this girl interested it so much? Spiritus scratched its head, and resumed floating there. Yawning, it looked outside.

When the air craft landed, Spiritus remained near Amaya. Staying behind for now, Spiritus floated there. It will come later. For now, it will let the members have their share, before it came in. And.... wasn't this girl suppose to stay behind?

Fool I was to think
              That humans could help me see my dream
              Help them I must
              Coding demands, and my instincts I trust
              As I stay under the monitor
              Guiding humans towards the monster
              I know they will prevail, they always do
              As I hold my heart and revive
              I had long to see mankind survive
              But when they do
              Fear tells me they may destroy me too.

Arcana: Fool

Quote:

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

☤Hitoshi Hanketsu☤

Hitoshi felt her heart wrench and break at the sight of Noelle. Again. She had let someone cry because of her poor words and portrayal. Shaking her head, Hitoshi looked outside, not wanting to see Noelle cry. As Noelle moved out to scout, Hitoshi felt a stab of guilt, and vowed to give Noelle a hug and a kiss later. She knew how much Noelle's sister's and best friend's deaths had affected her, but now, Hitoshi was being insensitive.

Her mind kept revolving around Noelle's tears, and when they landed, Hitoshi wheeled out. Readying her Evoker, Hitoshi sighed. Her bionic arm switched to sword, and she looked around. Now to wait for Chikara's instructions, but she's itching to finally do some detective work.

Care I not of my destiny

Judgment Arcana

OOC: I'm not good at feels.

Quote:

Tea Lich's Husbando

Blessed Hunter

K.x˟ S. ˟xU
║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│ ▍▍▍▍▍║▌│ ▍▍▍▍▍║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│

Team Chikara| Chikara: All Green| Elysium: All Green| Noelle: All Green| Amaya: All Green
"Burning up times four!"

A brief laugh escaped Chikara's lips when Moira gave him her reply. Such a reaction was more human of her than he would've expected after what she had just told him, but he looked away from her with a silent smile still on his face. He was going to hold her to that promise, whether she remembered it one hundred years in to the future or not. The rest of the time he was speaking with Thessa, who was certain that Abaddon was simply testing them. She was confident that, no matter the test, they would all overcome it with ease. "If he's intentionally testing us, then I hope he remembers who he's dealing with. This isn't a game, and a human like him certainly shouldn't be playing." Chikara was agitated just by talk of the man, but he was trying not to let it get to him. He was supposed to be the one everybody looked to for guidance, so he had to keep his composure, but Abaddon always seemed a step away, and every immoral thing he did made Chikara believe their goal was no closer. Today's chance was something he had been waiting to come for a long time. He just had to keep going for a little while longer...it was all he could do.

Chikara didn't even notice his hand shaking along with his frustration until he felt another wrap around his. Thessa reached over and gripped his hand, causing his agitation with the day's events to fade. Nothing seemed to faze Chikara, but he seemed utterly surprised when Thessa assured him that everything was going to be fine. Chikara's face mirrored his calming emotions...he was thankful for Thessa at that moment since he would've sat out the rest of the ride in frustration if not for her. "You're right. Today's just another operation...I can't let any involvement it may have with that man cause me to make mistakes. Thank you..." Chikara felt like he could no longer be bothered by the situation so long as his team was still willing to do their part just as they had been doing. His hand was steady, and his mind was clear with Thessa standing at his side as well. When they arrived at their destination, Chikara nodded to Steve once, wordlessly. Once everybody got this out of their system, Chikara was sure that they would remember simpler times like the ones Steve mentioned. A game would do them all some good. Chikara stepped off of the plane, bringing Thessa with him as he gave out orders. "Nomusa, Kisaragi, Hanketsu, Moira, you're all with me. The rest of you head over to that nest, but do not go in there until the rest of us join you. If you all understood your orders, then move out!" Chikara passed Noelle on the way to town, and she was already on her way to join everybody else. At the town, Chikara took his sword by the grip and turned it completely black, absorbing it so nobody would see it in the town. "Let's get started, then. If Abaddon's evil spread to this town, we might find out just what we need to take him down permanently. After that, it's to the nest." Though the mission had begun, Chikara kept in close proximity to Thessa, casually hiding that his hand still gripped hers thanks to the length and size of his coat.

Amaya still spent her time marking points of interest while she could, and detailing what she thought she would find personal interest in, but Kuro had something to say to her, causing her to stop her work for a moment. She remembered that he had overworked his ACE, so he probably wanted to reoptimize it, or give it a new and improved set. She could do either, so she agreed to that without question. "Modifications are my specialty, Mr. Nomusa! And...this might seem strange, but I've formulated my hypothesis on shadow nests after reviewing my work. We'll go over what you wanted when we're back at base, but I'll also have to tell you my hypothesis. Just you...if anybody else heard it, they might be frightened." That was all Amaya had to say, she waved at everybody that was leaving immediately and prepared the rest of her equipment since they were going to move in, what was basically, the opposite direction. The mysterious AI that had made its home in her laptop, computer, and phone showed its face while she was getting ready, causing her to momentarily catch herself before she did something embarrassing like screaming. "I...uhh...my place isn't down there, but I have to do something for them. But...tell me something. How is it you implanted yourself in to my electronics? Did you get in while I was working at KSU's base...?"

Elysium rode in silence, occasionally shooting a glance at either Chikara, Noelle, Amaya, or Kuro while they were on the move, but the landing was the part she was most excited for. Chikara went ahead and told everybody that they were on standby until he, and his group, returned. It wasn't the most exciting thing in the world now, but it was something. She stood up and examined her ACE to make sure everything was still in working order. It was, for the most part, "sleeping", since Elysium didn't need to pour energy in to it to power it up...she only needed it active for now so she could keep up her disguise. She spun her tonfas around a couple times and stopped them in neutral position before nodding at Amaya. Since Chikara brought Kuro and Moira at the same time, she assumed that the situation must have been something else. And then there was the fact that he brought so many people along for the mission in the first place. She didn't know what to say about it...and realistically, she couldn't say anything since she wanted to avoid notice. She might've cited that she'd beat up Kuro once or twice, but he was scary when he was mad.

Enable Llamas's Senpai

Adorable Leaf

User Image

Persona: Kohryu
Skills: Dragon Hustle, Ziodyne, Maziodyne, Tempest Slash, Mind Charge, Null Wind, Elec Amp, Spell Master

Time to break the chain
No pain, don't be afraid

Kuro had to admit. He had missed things like this with Mikan. Not that the battle against Abaddon was any less important to him, but Mikan had a very special place in his heart even before they started going out in Animus. He could remember the times that they spent together and they were precious to him. Kuro would never admit this aloud but... He would definitely prefer to be spending time with his fiancee instead of doing all of this. Kuro allowed Mikan to catch up on the sleep that she missed by being up this early, making sure to wrap his arm around her as she slept. Unfortunately, Steve's loud a** mouth woke her up, hearing a groan come from her but hell, Kuro would have done the same if anybody woke him up like that too. After that, it seemed she couldn't get back to sleep and when she took looking in a book, Kuro looked away seeing that Moira and Chikara were talking. He scowled a little bit, their conversation not a part of his business, of course, but the fact that they needed to talk privately about something kind of irked him in a way that he hadn't felt since he was a kid. Kuro turned his head towards the door of the plane and watched things unfold from there.

Kuro watched as Noelle jumping out of the plane when they were so high in the air brought back his good mood. He had to admit, everyone was kind of on edge this morning but Noelle's bright attitude still brought a touch of laughter back to Kuro. He could remember their first mission together as AASET in Animus... Kuro missed those days when everything seemed to be much less serious. He wished he could go back to that but he knew that was a certain impossibility. Thessa's remarkable comment about Abaddon wasn't too off-putting either, and it definitely made part of his morning come back to him in a good way. Yes, this was what he liked. Doing things with his friends and teammates even Chikara had made all of them their b***h a couple of hours ago. He even laughed at Steve's speech, something that he actually gotten used to as time went along. As they landed, Kuro stood up and stretched although the plane itself was a bit too short for him, he listened to what Amaya had to say. Smiling at her, he gave her a thumbs up and said, "Call me Kuro, Amaya. Please, we're friends." Kuro walked out of the plane and stretched a bit, that being much easier out here. Fortunately, Chikara called him, Hitoshi, Thessa, Kenshi, and Moira to go with him to scout out the small town.

Walking ahead with Chikara and Thessa, he raised an eyebrow and asked, "This place almost feels... ghostlike, don't you think?" They were soon at the back entrance of the town, feeling a harsh wind blow over them all. They were a scarce number of people on the streets, and Kuro was the first to make note of this, like he said. He walked in and rubbed his chin, which had a rugged shaving job since he was kind of rushing himself on it even though he didn't have to. As Kuro walked into the small town, an elderly man looked over to Chikara and Thessa and immediately scuffled away, locking his door behind him. "What was that about?" Kuro had no idea why someone would even think about doing that, but he couldn't let that get to him now. Kuro looked over to a small stall in the distance and saw a little girl sitting on the ground there. She seemed to be whistling to herself but... He didn't hear anything coming from her mouth. Kuro looked away for a second and then the next second he looked, poof! The little girl was gone. He rubbed his eyes, seeing no one there at all now. It seemed that he must have been more tired than he thought.

Deciding to choose that stall at his first place to check out, people avoided him like the plague as he walked up to it. An elderly woman who was sitting on a stoop in the back of the stall flipped a page as Kuro walked up to her. He raised a finger to her but she already seemed to be ready for him. "Whaddaya want?" Asked the elderly woman. She had a gruff, older wise type of voice. Kuro felt wary of her and he continued on, asking,

"Hello, my name is Abioye Nomusa. We are a part of the government and I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions." Luckily, working with the government had given him the benefit of speaking in Japanese or neither of them would be understanding each other right now.
"I ain't got no time for questions from someone like that. We've already had enough of them. They and that damn Abaddon are a part of why our town seems so desolate. So, if you're working with him, hurry up and get out. None of us like people from your neck of the woods." Kuro groaned. Maybe they weren't understanding each other as well as he originally gathered.
"Ma'am but I don't work alongside those idiots. We're here to help you out, for real."
The woman, throughout this entire thing, had kept her noise in her newspaper but as soon as he said he wasn't working with the government, she started to listen. "I thought you said you were working with them?"
Kuro shook his head and said, ]"No, ma'am, I said we are a part of it. Doesn't mean we work with them." The elderly actually smiled at his quick rebuttal.
The elderly looked back to him and nodded, allowing him to ask some questions. "Thank you. Let's back track a little bit though. Did you say something about the government being part of the reason that your town is so desolate. Could you elaborate on that a little bit?"
The elderly woman sighed and urged Kuro to lean in closer and he did so, respectively. "Yes, I did. Be careful with this information, son, I don't want anybody but you and your friends to know this. Anyway... what I meant by this was a few years ago, the government came into this town and pretty much tore it apart. They were looking for something called a 'Shadow Nest' and even though most of us didn't know what the hell was going on, they still ran ruffshot through the town. Eventually, a man stepped forward and directed them towards some... facility in the outskirts of this town. It's saddening but... that's all I know. After that, I assume he took the leader of the attack on our town there. You might want to look around to someone else but... good luck on getting anything out of anyone else. They're all rather... broken."
Kuro held out his hand and took hers in his and patted her hand with his free one. "Thank you, ma'am. I will take this information to heart, I very much appreciate it. Farewell for now." Kuro went to walk away but the woman stopped him and asked him quietly, after he leaned in again, pointing at Chikara and Thessa. Chikara was the one that he assumed she was pointing to, mostly.
"What's the deal with your black haired friend there? Is something wrong with him? I'm getting... strange feelings from him." Kuro knew exactly what she meant by that and decided to play it, by patting her hand again.
"No need to worry, ma'am. He's... just a special sort of person. He leads us." The ma'am finally released Kuro's hand and Kuro walked away smiling, as the woman began to read her newspaper again. Could these people tell the difference between Persona and Shadow? For that matter, how did they know Chikara was one? Kuro shrugged and decided to take the old woman's advice, darting around the town to see if he could find more clues.

That's the sign
It's time to try, you gotta fly!

Blessed Seeker

6,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Tycoon 200
HARUHI SAITO : the death
User Image
                                                                            location | the shadow nest tab mood | senpai noticed her!! tab accompanying | the special forces
                                                                            persona | kali tab equipped | brass knuckles
                                                                            skills | getsu-ei, kill rush, twin shot, mudoon, evil smile, evade slash, resist fire, resist light

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Haruhi couldn't believe it. Tsukino had actually noticed that she managed to keep her cool earlier? More importantly...he had been watching her? A rosy tint rose to her cheeks, and it took all her willpower not to bury her face in her hands and grin. No, she had to remain as calm as possible; it wouldn't do to freak out when he had just praised her for keeping a cool head! "O-oh that? It was no problem at all!" She fibbed, trying to modestly wave off the issue, even if it was fairly obvious to anyone watching that she was visibly flustered. "I'll give it my all in the battle to come, too. I promise that I won't let you down!" Nothing could ruin her good mood now--not even her rude awakening crossed her mind anymore.

She even sat and listened quietly to Glaciem's orders without complaint, something which was highly unusual for her up until now. Haruhi was the type who hated being told what to do--to simply sit there and be complacent was nothing short of abnormal. She just nodded enthusiastically, and took off towards the shoreline to follow her orders. They just had to drive them back, right? No problem. She could simply throw what remained of any shadows into the surf. Digging her hand into her pockets, she pulled out a pair of brass knuckles, grinning as she slipped them on. How far could she get without summoning her Persona? It was time to test that.

"Are you watching, Tsukino?" She shouted as her fist made contact with a shadow. If they were going to be working together, they had to keep an eye out for each other! Or at least he would have to watch her; when Haruhi fought, everything else around her disappeared. She didn't even notice when reinforcements began to arise. All that mattered to her was thoroughly exterminating the target.

Tea Lich's Husbando

Blessed Hunter

Tsukino
Calm

"Beauty of the child of destiny...
Delightful days are rich with density of love. Thorny path, there's no easy way for real bliss.
So I keep on fighting, fighting for destiny.
Gonna keep on fighting, fighting for destiny."

User ImageUser Image
Tsukino was pleased that Haruhi suddenly seemed quite happy. If she wasn't, it may have presented some problems with their team cohesion. He hated working alongside everybody in the group save for Haruhi, so while that might have been problematic, if they could present a calm enough air, then they could keep up their façade for rank and file soldiers. The façade that they were invincible, undefeatable...even gods in the eyes of lesser people. Tsukino focused on that, but in the back of his mind he maintained the fact that he was happy with Haruhi showing something other than anger. "I'll...fight...with you. Like always..." Haruhi was the only one he truly trusted to see this fight all the way through. Underneath his scarf, he could only conceal his tiny smile. When they were ready to drop, Tsukino marked Glaciem's orders and sighed once before drawing his twin handguns. "Understood. Beginning the operation."

When the combat had begun, Haruhi asked Tsukino to watch her fight, and he had to...somebody had to make sure her tunnel vision didn't get the better of her. "Impressive...as always. Keep it up, and...wipe them all out." Tsukino's blank eyes didn't change in expression with every shadow that exploded when a bullet ripped through them. While he was able to divide his attention between mainly following Glaciem's orders, he made sure to guard Haruhi's back since she was watching her front. The hissing sound of shadows disappearing was a wonderful thing, but he didn't have time to admire it. "There's...more. Watch...yourself...Haruhi." Tsukino turned back to face his own enemy, jamming his foot right in to where it should've had a face. He had to be more mobile so he could get out of here...the enemy was going to be relentless, but he only had to dodge. He didn't have to retreat, just change positions. He was agile, as ever, but if the nest spawned more than a few more shadows he was going to have to use his Persona, which he wanted to avoid, mainly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImageUser Image

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image

☤Hitoshi Hanketsu☤

As Chikara called out his orders, Hitoshi gave a firm nod to him, her sword arm changing back to her normal arm. Wheeling herself into the area, she passed Noelle. Hitoshi forced herself to keep an eye ahead, instead of heading straight for Noelle. There will be more time later. Don't pressurize her. Hitoshi gulped, her fingers digging into her wheelchair.

As she laughed at Kuro's remark, her eyes darted to and fro. She split from the group, wheeling around, into a shop. There, a woman of mid thirties was minding the shop, and Hitoshi managed to squeeze to the cashier.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but...." Hitoshi began, only to be struck down by the woman telling her to get out if she was not getting anything. Pressing her lips together, Hitoshi tried again, before being kicked out. Literally. Her wheelchair had been grabbed and shoved out, the door slamming shut behind her.

As she wheeled around town, she could hear murmurs, she picked up words of 'Abaddon's minions', 'ruined our town', 'If they come near me, I'll destroy them!' And what not. Hitoshu shivered. Abaddon was not well-liked in the area. Hitoshi resumed her search, her eyes glancing to and fro. She might be able to get information from the surroundings themselves.

Care I not of my destiny