:O 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
:) 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
C: 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Trash

User Image

exequ don't *▬ you tell me ⋮████
                                exeexe▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ that you never× even thought . . .
                                                      ━━ MAYBE WE COULD RUN ?
                                                                              O H exe O H exe O H exe O H exe M A Y B E exe W E exe C O U L D exe R U N !
                                                                                  ( ) restaurantexe ( ) alaina && wrennexe( ) amused

User Image
                                His face visibly dropped when the girl spoke about how she couldn't mess up toast. He sure as hell hoped not, it would be embarrassing for anyone to screw up making toast. Then again, he had seen quite a few people burn toast on his travels. Shaking his head, Soren listened as the girl went on about how it was better than lazing about her parents' house, "I will agree with that. I was never one to spend much time at home." Probably wasn't the best thing to say to someone, especially not for first impressions. It made Soren seem like a horrible son, what with not spending time with his family back home. 'Oh well, they both understood my need to travel.'

He was thankful for that. He couldn't imagine having overbearing parents who wouldn't allow him to do what he wanted. Sure, his parents had said 'no' to some of his actions and suggestions when he was younger, but that was a given since they were usually actions of a delinquent. Not that Soren would ever admit to being a delinquent as a child, oh god no. His onyx eyes watched as the woman went to the kitchen in the back. This gave him time to wander around the dining area, stopping by the broken vase on the ground.

He cocked his eyebrow and crouched down beside the mess, pulling the sleeves of his jacket down to cover his hands as he picked up the pieces of glass. 'If this town is to succeed, then things need to be kept clean and organized...' His thoughts returned to what the bartender had said and how optimistic she had been. Something about that made Soren more hopeful about the town thriving. He inhaled a breath through his clenched teeth, shaking his head while smirking to himself, "All it took was one small inspirational conversation to change your heart. Softie." Straightening himself up, he walked to the nearest trash bin and shook off his coat sleeves, watching with dull eyes as the light reflected off the glass shards, casting small rainbows in several directions.

The raven - haired traveler walked back to the counter, curiously looking from behind his frames as the woman stepped out of the kitchen with his order. Instantly a warm and welcoming scent hit his nose. Honey tea. It reminded him of home, and how his mother would make it for him during the winter when he would catch a cold or sore throat from romping around in cold weather with his friends and cousin. Shaking his head to answer the woman, he grabbed for a piece of toast, taking three small bites out of it and swallowing.

"No, this is good. Thank you." He quickly dug in his pants pocket for his wallet, from which he pulled the amount of money needed to cover the bill of the food. Gently putting it on the table, Soren took finished the first piece of toast and took a sip of the tea. Relief washed over him, warming him from his head to his toes. A genuine smile spread across his lips as he moaned, "Mmm."

'Not as good as Mom's, but definitely worth another visit.' He continued to take small sips here and there as he ate the last slice of toast. In a matter of minutes, the cup and plate were both empty. Looking the woman in the eyes, he nodded his head, "To thank you for the meal, I suppose I should tell you my name, as you seemed to have trouble with it earlier. I'm Soren, and I hail from Echo Town." His tone started out sincere, but got cocky as he finished his sentence, adding a smirk once he was done.

"Er. Hello."

A deep voice broke Soren's concentration, and he watched as a blue haired male stepped up to the counter, only offering a few glances in Soren's direction. He leaned his elbow on the table, looking at the newcomer with an amused smirk on his face. His onyx eyes traveled between the two as he rested his chin in the palm of his hand, 'He seems keen on the bartender. An alcoholic perhaps? Or just a boy swept off his feet by a fair maiden?' A chuckle came from the male with glasses.

Paleblood Sky

Liberated SiN

bxnyue's Bride

Dapper Combatant

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAiden

ɱusicAiden's theme
Ⱦhe sϵxiɇst paяts of myßody . . .
. . . are my bяain, ʂpine, and ʛuts

ωhere I amIn the clinic with Robin

Outfit Clothes (minus shoes) Gas mask

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Dried fall leaves crunched under the angry steps of heavy work boots. Aiden made her way towards town swearing under her breath and pouring bottled whiskey over a gash on her arm. "Shitty tunnels..." She hissed, the burning from the alcohol making her grit her teeth. She knew the mines were bad. Real bad. The majority of the tunnels had weak support beams so they were the first things to go. It was while she was in the middle of replacing her last set that one of them snapped in two and cut into her upper left arm. While she usually tried to tough out minor injuries, Aiden knew she had to have the town doctor pull out the splinters and properly wrap her arm. For now, Aiden reached into the bag on her shoulders and pulled out a spare white shirt. As strong as she was Aiden had no problem tearing the shirt in half. The problem she did have was wrapping it around the wound while walking. "Irresponsible...no one regulates the safety inspections in there..."

What a sight she was when Aiden finally made it into town. The gas mask on the lower half of her face and the red blotch growing on the shirt around her arm were enough to drive most people out of her way. The chill wind blew through her bare shoulders, though the pain from her arm kept her from wearing the leather jacket tied around her waist. Oh, where was that clinic?

Her hardened expression softened briefly when she saw the sign of the clinic. Thank the Goddess. As small as the town was, Aiden thought she was going to have to circle it once just to find the place. With her good arm Aiden opened the door to find herself pleasantly surprised. The whole inside looked like it had a major make over compared to the parts of town she had seen. A dirty glove pulled down the gas mask, leaving it to hang around her neck. Steel colored eyes swept the room before resting on a pretty blond woman who Aiden assumed was Doctor Robin.
Standing in the doorway covered in dirt, whiskey and traces of blood, Aiden stopped herself from walking into the impeccably clean clinic. Yes Aiden was a verbal b***h most of the time but Eve had taught both her husband and daughter never ever track dirt and mud into the house, especially after she cleaned that day. At the moment she was stuck in limbo between her mother mentally hovering over her shoulder and the very present pain in her arm.

"Damnit, I'm sorry, but I'm going to be the worst patient right now." She said, mentally apologizing to her mother as well after taking a step inside. Her backpack hit the floor with a thud, the handle to her pick ax sticking out. Whether they liked it or not Aiden managed to track in soil from her boots. She took a seat in the nearest chair available to her and gingerly untied the newly red shirt. "Can you take a look at this? I was working in the mines when a support beam fell on me. I couldn't get any of the splinters out and uh...I tried disinfecting it with booze before I got here." She'd leave out the part where she took a shot or two beforehand. "So how bad is it?"

Noir The Confused

Dangerous Enabler

12,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ `·. we are ➸ very вυѕy people .·´
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆but we've always got time for new friends ! ! ! ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

➸ OOC: ➸ WHERE: town center ➸ WITH: Winona ➸ WEARING: x

If it was humanly possible for Charlie to be any happier seeing the spark of recognition in her cousin's eyes, she would have been. Immediately she started internally planning what they were going to do together, almost tempted to stop what her cousin was doing right now and carry her off to the restaurant so they'd have time to really hang out. But when she looked back at Winona, she didn't look quite as thrilled as she'd hoped. Winona had always been the more reserved of the two of them, so maybe she was just keeping it in better? Either way, her cousin probably wouldn't be happy being dragged away from wherever she was already going. Charlie put a pin in her plan and decided to just see where it would go.

She flinched just a little at the first delivery of her cousin's response, but brushed it off when Winona followed up on it. Of course she had to bring up her leaving. "Same dealie. I was, uh.. between jobs, and that letter showed up, so... Here I am!"

She didn't really want to tell her cousin she had been planning to quit for the nth time. Charlie hadn't sent a letter home for a few months now, maybe longer, and she certainly didn't admit to any of her failures in the last one. So, she just fibbed a little and danced around the question. "The city was... alright. But who says farm towns can't be fun, too? No boss telling me what to do, well- not yet at least, and hey, I pick my own hours! This is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Plus, you're here!"

Most of that was questionable, of course; Just because she was the chef didn't mean she was in charge, and just because she strolled in at any time of the morning didn't mean she was allowed to do so, but those facts didn't really penetrate her dense head. But she really was genuinely happy that she had family around!

Charlotte stuffed her hands into her pockets, wondering if it would be too obvious to ask how the family was doing. She didn't even know if Winona would know. Instead, she opted for a more current line of questioning. "What'cha doing now? You must be doing something here.. Oh, is it clothes? You were always pretty good with clothes, right? Did you make that dress? It's so cute!" Charlie wasn't sure what they had here, though it was possible she just hadn't wandered into whatever part of town had a boutique or whatever it would be. She really hadn't done enough wandering at all yet. But as soon as she found out, she told herself, she'd be buying some warmer clothes.

Paleblood Sky

Anxious Bookworm

9,150 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
User ImageDr. RobinXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXx"You really should take care of yourself."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

The creaking sound of the door being opened dragged the young doctor out of her thoughts. She wasn't expecting a patient or customer this fast. In fact, she thought that she was most likely going to have a slow day. Robin must have jinxed herself with her earlier thoughts.

However, this moment was not the time to get even more lost in thought, so Robin quietly focused on the young woman occupying the entrance. The woman was covered in dirt and the white cloth wrapped around her arm had a splotch of blood on it that could only be blood. Robin was rather glad that the young woman had the common sense to uses something as a temporary bandage and immediately seek out medical help. Robin was about to spring to her feet and usher the woman inside to get a closer look at the woman's injury, when the young woman herself made a move.

"Damnit, I'm sorry, but I'm going to be the worst patient right now," her new patient apologized as she fully stepped inside the clinic and dropped her bag on the floor. Robin quickly vacated the couch she had claimed as the young woman strode up to her and sat on the nearest chair. "Can you take a look at this? I was working in the mines when a support beam fell on me. I couldn't get any of the splinters out and uh...I tried disinfecting it with booze before I got here." The woman explained as she gingerly removed the makeshift bandage.

With a hum, Robin gave the wound a cursory glance. There were splinters, but luckily the wound didn't look deep enough to require stitches. She'd need to get the gauze, tweezers and a wash cloth for this.

"So how bad is it?"

"Not as bad as it could have been," Robin finally answered as she tried to remember where she had placed the usable medical supplies."It looks like stitches are unneeded after I clean the wound and remove the splinters from it. Wait here. I'll be right back with the supplies needed." The doctor would rather the woman stay here to contain the dirt in one area of the clinic.

She then exited the waiting room to the examination room located behind the reception desk. The examination room was rather plain, but it had all the tools needed for a regular physical: a scale, a sphygmomanometer, a stethoscope, an examination table, a sink and a medicine cabinet. The medicine cabinet and the sink were what Robin needed at the moment, though. She washed her hands and pulled on some disposable gloves. She then rifled through the cabinet until she found the needed antiseptic, cotton swabs, gauze, tweezers and a small tray to put it all (and the splinters) on.

With the items in hand, Robin made her way to the waiting room to work on her patient. "Sorry for the wait," she apologized as she set up a work station right next to her patient. Robin soaked a cotton swab in the antiseptic, "This may sting a bit. And I know you poured alcohol over the wound already, but another round of cleaning won't hurt." She wasted no more time and set to work cleaning the wound, replacing the cotton swabs when needed.

Once she finished, she set the used cotton swabs on an empty area of the small tray and soaked another cotton swab. This cotton swab was swiped over the pair of tweezers to sterilize them before she set to work on removing the splinters. As she removed the splinters, it belatedly occurred to the young doctor that she didn't even know the name of her patient, nor did she even introduce herself. "Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, by the way. I'm Dr. Robin, the uh, doctor of this clinic. May I know the name of my patient who actually knows basic first aid?"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

XXXXXXXXXXXXlocation: the clinic company:Aiden ooc: Well this got long.

iguameh
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation:xrestaurantxxxwith:xsoren and wrennxxxooc:x-xxxwearing:x[x]

Alaina couldn't have hid her smile, even if she had tried. It had been a small task, but it made her proud nonetheless that she had successfully accomplished it.

Just two more things Alaina could check off her list of accomplishments: Made toast. Check. Made honey tea. Super check. She was on a roll. Her parents would be so proud. Have no fear, Mark and Muffy, Alaina had traveled to a new place, and made basic breakfast foods. Truly nobody would have to worry about her ever again.

Although Alaina would have loved to finish her sarcastic inner monologue, she was brought back to reality by the man finally giving her his name. "Soren! That was it. I knew it started with an 's'." She leaned her elbows against the counter, trying to remember if she had heard his hometown's name before. "Echo Town...it certainly sounds familiar. Although it's not like the people back home talked about other places that much. I'm from Forget-Me-Not Valley, by the way. It could honestly hardly even be called a town. I don't even think we had a formal mayor...I'm Alaina, by the way." She smiled. "It's nice to officially meet you. I'm glad your first impression of me wasn't coupled with burnt toast."

She looked up towards the door as another man came in, and she immediately laughed at his comment. "I think most places around here have one of those." The bartender giggled, pointing a thumb towards the hole, and the tablecloth covering it. "I'm making due with what I've got available. Maybe we should just leave it. In the spring and summer it'll let in a nice breeze, and a good view of the town."

Alaina said nothing of it, but she was hoping that she wasn't pushing her luck here by continuing to let people in. She wasn't the chef, after all. Hopefully she wouldn't get any complicated orders. She didn't want to scare away all their new potential customers before Charlotte even got into work today.

"Well don't be shy, tell me what you need." Alaina said with a grin, choosing to ignore the small doubts. Breakfast food was simple, she could keep handling things until the chef arrived. "I'll have to give you the same warning I gave this gentlemen: I'm not the usual chef. I can't guarantee you that whatever you ask for will be edible. Although I am apparently pretty good with toast. I know. It's incredible."

She looked the boy up and down, trying to place a name with the face, but nothing quite came to her. During this time she did notice however that while his attention was mostly focused on her, he occasionally glanced over at Soren. She raised an eyebrow, wondering if perhaps there was some bad blood there.

...Or maybe it was because they were a bunch of strangers standing around in a restaurant with holes in it, which was, to some people, maybe a little awkward.

Exequtie

Liberated SiN
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation:xtown center, outside, heading for the tailor'sxxxwith:xCharlottexxxooc:x-xxxwearing:x[x]

Winona hadn't missed her cousin's slight flinch, and it immediately sent a jolt of guilt run through her. She didn't want to be mean to family. Even if it had been years since she'd seen Charlotte, Winona still felt more comfortable now than she had during her entire stay in Bellflower. It was hard to let go of her habits though, but Charlotte deserved better treatment than this.

Why had Winona gotten that silly letter? Things would have been so much better if anyone else back home had received an invitation.

As hard as Winona tried to be moody, she couldn't help but smile at her cousin's declaration that country life could be fun, and she seemed actually happy to see Winona here. Charlotte was so nice...Winona was still nervous to be around her, and a little apprehensive about how Charlie might handle Winona's new persona...but it still felt good to see her again.

She blushed lightly, not surprised that Charlotte had been able to guess what Winona was here to do. Even as a kid, Winona had spent hours at her sewing machine, stitching together outfits that she had always worn herself, no matter how sloppy or mismatched the fabric had been. She had greatly improved since then, but it still made her slightly embarrassed to think back to the makeshift clothing she had paraded around in as a child.

"Y-Yeah." She answered softly with a small nod. "I work at the clothing store." She had hardly actually done any work for anyone since arriving, but she left that part out. "Oh...yes, I made this myself. Thank you."

She glanced down at her clothing. Winona made all her clothing, even now as an adult. She still dressed rather plainly though, and left the more glamorous pieces for display in the store.

Winona fell silent after that, keeping her eyes on her feet. She needed to say something. She hadn't practicied socializing in years. This was already probably the longest conversation she'd had since she originally came back from her failed adventure in the city.

"So...the restaurant? You work there? I hear it's kind of a dump right now." Winona paused to sigh. Good one. "Like the rest of this place...Um, were you heading there now? I could walk you to work...? If you want." She was attempting to extend out a kind invitation to her cousin, but she worried her monotone presentation made the offer fall a little flat, or seem insincere. Maybe it partially was. Socializing was way harder than she remembered.

Veggie Killer

Hilarious Sex Symbol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              W R E N N

Company: Alaina and less-fun him Soren.
                              Mood: Happy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                              Sure enough, Wrenn was over being shy, and was ready to start making friends with these two! The girl, the blonde, seemed amused by Wrenn's "my house has one" comment, which was alright. Her giggle was funny, and in turn, made him laugh, himself. Wrenn stepped up closer to the counter, a warm smile on his face. As the blondie began explaining her lack of cooking skills, save for the toasting of bread, Wrenn couldn't help but feel... watched. He turned his head, to see the boy smirking at him. Wrenn blinked, thinking. Was there something on his face? Couldn't be, he didn't eat anything today. However, the farm boy ignored it for now, and turned his attention back to the maiden behind the counter.

"Well don't be shy, tell me what you need." Wrenn sheepishly scratched the back of his head, and began to answer. "Y'know, I'm so hungry, I could eat you right now, cute lady. Anything edible. You could serve me chocolate covered cheese and I would eat it. But, um. If you have it, I wouldn't mind some of your world-famous toast, covered in some royal jelly? If you have any?" Wrenn simply looked to the girl, expectantly, then spoke up once more. "I'm s'pose introductions are in order, right? Isn't that was neighbors are supposed to do? I'm Wrenn, and I took over that farm. Aaaaaaaaaand lemme guess your names!" Wrenn's smile was excited, yet innocent, like a child playing his favorite game.

With eyes still on Alaina, Wreen stroked his chin a few times, furrowing his brow in though. "Cute lady. Hmm. Cute lady name. Mona?" He shrugged, and turned to the boy who was still giving him a smirk. "And you, less-handsome me... Hrmm... Nigel?" Okay, so maybe he wasn't being totally serious, but Wrenn had spent his entire morning working, and he wanted to have fun now! With a audible, boyish laugh over his name for Soren, Wrenn alternated glances between the two.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Paleblood Sky

Exequite

User Image
Meowing in her ear caused Eda to stir. When she awoke she realized her glasses were head was on her arms and they rested on her desk at home and in front of her was an emerald spilt in two and a gold ring. When the fog of sleepiness faded she fixed her eschew glasses and remembered exactly how she ended up like that. The night before she’d been working on a ring for one of the villagers, the hour grew late and she decided to finish it in her own loft above the clothing store.

She still had a few days to complete it so she turned to her alarm clock, a white Persian with dark green eyes named Jewel. She scratched the cat behind the ear. “Good morning, Jewel. Thanks for waking me.

She smiled and the cat purred a few moments before jumping from the desk and walking towards Eda’s kitchenette and meowing at one of the cabinets. Eda reached towards it only to accidentally hit her arm on the counter. Jewel glared at her and probably would have been rolling her eyes if she was human. Eda laughed, both at herself; as hurting herself happened rather often, even when she tried to avoid doing so and the cat’s expression. Her laugh faded and she removed a small can of tuna from the cabinet. Jewel immediately started purring again. Eda filled her bowel and the cat proceeded to elegantly stuff her face.

As Jewel ate her breakfast Eda proceeded with the rest of her routine. First, she showered and made sure the water pressure and temperature was set the exact same way she set it every day. Next she brushed her teeth for exactly one minute, thirty seconds, while still wrapped in her towel. After that she opened her closet and took out her blue, sweet Lolita dress she pre-selected at the beginning of the week. After that she curled her hair so it was in ringlets and then she accessorized with the gloves and such she also pre-selected to go with the dress she currently wore, including the glasses she’d wear today. After that she buckled her blue mary-janes, gave Jewel one last scratch behind the ears went downstairs where she set out all the tools she’d need today and then she left the clothing store.

She was headed to the next stop in her routine, the bakery where she’d drink a cup of warm, seasonal tea with a bagel (the flavor of the bagel did actually change from day-to-day) and strawberry cream cheese to go with it.

On the way to the bakery she unexpectedly ran into (quite literally) the librarian, Aria.

When she felt the impact she quickly backed up and looked over to her to make sure she was all right. I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there! Are you okay?!

Heading towards the Bakery AriaOutfit

Revini

bxnyue's Bride

Dapper Combatant

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAiden

ɱusicAiden's theme
Ⱦhe sϵxiɇst paяts of myßody . . .
. . . are my bяain, ʂpine, and ʛuts

ωhere I amIn the clinic with Robin

Outfit Clothes (minus shoes) Gas mask

Thankfully the doctor was much more forgiving than her mother about the mess. Aiden sat perfectly still as the blond took a look at her wound, which wasn't as bad as she feared according to the doctor. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. "All that blood made me think it hit an artery or something." She chuckled, accidentally moving as she did so. Oops.

"Wait here. I'll be right back with the supplies needed."

"Take your time, I'm not in any hurry to go back to work anyway." It wasn't like she could even dig in the tunnels right now. While her father taught her how to maintain them, this place just needed so much TLC that it was taking longer than expected to make the place safe again. Speaking of TLC....now that Aiden was inside the building she could really see the work the Doctor did to make the place feel comfortable. The doctor came back soon enough apologizing for the wait. "You did a good with the place, by the way." Aiden straightened up again from her slouch. "To be honest I think the town has a...charm to it? Like..." Her hand went up to her mouth in thought, trying to find the right words. "It's old and there's a lot of history to it. Then again I spend most of time underground so what do I know."

The hairs on the back of Aiden's neck stood up when proper antiseptic made contact with her arm. "That stupid beam was full of rusty old nails so I probably need it anyway." A second cleaning would keep her mind at peace over any possible infections. The next few minutes were filled with a comfortable silence while blondie pulled out the splinters. The silence was broken by the doctor who brought Aiden back from her thoughts.

I'm Dr. Robin, the uh, doctor of this clinic. May I know the name of my patient who actually knows basic first aid?"

Unfortunately for Aiden, not introducing herself was normal. Until someone else introduced themselves, Aiden never really got around to it. "I'm pretty bad with introducing myself, sorry 'bout that." She bit onto the end of her right glove to pull it off, offering Dr. Robin a clean hand to shake. "I'm Aiden, the towns miner." The corners of her lips pulled into a pleasant smile. "Nice to meet you and uh..thanks for patching me up." It was a rare moment that Aiden was keeping her attitude in check. Robin was kind enough to patch her up and Aiden knew that Robin really didn't have to be in a broken down town like this fixing anyone up, nonetheless her of all people.

"Sooo...what made you come to a town like this?" Her slouch unintentionally came back, Aiden using her right arm to lean on her knee as she leaned forward. "I'm here mainly for the gems no one's dug up yet." Her smile turned into more of a smirk now. "Looking at how old that mine is, I know there's going to be a lot in there." Thinking past her own personal gain from it she added "Besides, the town needs materials to make tools anyway, especially the blacksmith." Though admittedly she hadn't met the blacksmith yet. No reason to go looking for them either until she began bringing out ores and limestone. During her last trip in the tunnels though she did manage to pull out some limestone, though it was only enough for a couple yards of crops. Still, she could sell it to someone.

When Robin was done patching her up properly with a fresh bandage Aiden's face lit up. "Hey, thanks! I feel much better already!" Aiden stood up out of the chair and flexed her arms. Years of hard labor chiseled her upper torso into lean but noticeable muscles. "How much would that be?" Aiden dug into the pocket of her jacket around her waist, pulling out the needed amount. Remembering about the trail of mud and dirt, Aiden also knew she wanted to give her extra for the trouble. "Here's the payment but hold on." Aiden placed the money on the counter by the front door before heading over to her backpack. She crouched down next to it rummaging through the pockets. From it's contents Aiden pulled out two emeralds she had brought with her from Neighbor Town. "Take these. They sell for quite a bit or if you have the jeweler turn them into a ring or something they'll sell for even more." Aiden placed the brilliant emeralds next to the money on the counter. "This probably won't be the last you'll see of me. I tend to end up at the clinic once or twice every week for something like this." Her shoulders visibly shrugged at that.

Now that the pain in her arm was numbed, the hunger pains in her stomach were more noticeable. Come to think of it she hadn't eaten since four that morning before she left. It was what, six or so hours later? "I need to grab some food. If you haven't eaten yet you should join me at the restaurant up the road here. It's in pretty bad shape but it's got it good food and company." The bartender Alaina was more cheerful than Aiden liked but she had warmed up to the bright eyed blonde after awhile.

Headstrong Lionheart

User Image

❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ✽ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ✽ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ✽ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ✽ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ✽ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ✽
location:: thorn and petals to town center company:: spotted dante mood:: ravenousxxx
User Image

Shifting from working for a flower shop and owning one meant large lifestyle changes. It meant picking out wall colors, adjusting displays, and creating promotional materials. It meant moving from a benign force in a store to an active, eager, fluttering ball of energy. From dragging flower pots onto freshly painted stands, and building up an outdoor garden with a little help from an axe… these past three weeks were showing his efforts well.

Atticus finished tapping his wooden display into the ground, ‘THORN AND PETALS’, and then dragged a gloved hand against his forehead, wiping off a collection of sweat and filth. It wasn’t a particularly warm day, but he felt overheated in his thick gardening apron. He delicately yanked off one glove with his teeth, and used the freed hand to peel off the other. A moment later, the apron joined the gloves, and he was heading back into the shop to rest up and cool down. Shutting the door behind him proved to be a bit difficult - another thing to fix up on this worn down building. At least the insides of the shop looked stable; clean wood and fresh paint made the difference. It would take a few more weeks for the shop to be complete, just enough time for his flowers to begin to blossom. Speaking of which, he would have to speak with the carpenter to price out a greenhouse addition. Preferably soon… Winter would be here shortly, and if he didn’t have any plants growing in time, he’d be out several grand on this little venture.

Along with the last shreds of pride.

Taking a rest behind the counter on a stool, he grabbed a warm canteen of strawberry leaf tea, and began to pour himself a glass. …Empty. Grumbling a bit, he leaned over to dig around beneath the counter, seeking out his container of loose leaves - to find out that this too was empty. Fine. No tea. He bent over the other direction, seeking out a strawberry candy to munch on for his lunch. A bunch of empty wrappers. With a frustrated growl, he hopped off his chair and began rummaging through his supplies to find all of it EMPTY. What in the h-?!

Well regardless, thinking about all the food he should have stored away left him hungry and cranky. Hopping up, Atticus grabbed a set of keys on the counter and a slimmed down wallet. There was a bakery nearby and a restaurant… one of which should have food. He’d seen people coming into town about the same day as him, talking about their newest ventures, about how they were going to make it here. Well he was about to make some cook’s day, by buying a big fat - he stared at his wallet - very teeny-tiny sandwich. Something to help him work up the energy to go forging for mushrooms and herbs; supplemented meals until his first payday. Closing shop, Atticus quickly hurried out of the farmland, making his way to the stores in the town center. On his brisk walk out of the farmland, he passed another man, someone he knew that had also taken up shop near his.

Entering the town center, he was, perhaps, a few feet near a couple of girls when he stopped mid foot fall, staring at a plant growing among the path. A pretty thing, though it was plain enough to be disregarded. He knelt down beside the flower, digging his fingers into the dirt to pry the plant out and maintain its root structure. The flower had five little yellow petals, with light brown spots that were apparent up close, but not so much at a distance. He must have looked mad, dirt crumbling onto tan slacks and his stripped green button down as he rose up. Actually, after getting a good look at this thing, he wasn’t sure that this was a flower he had seen before. He stared at it in amazement, wondering if this was the start of many new flower finds. Maybe he ought to spend a few coins on another flower diary…

And then his stomach growled, once more reminding him that he needed food.

A bit on the bewildered side, he stumbled forward on the rocky path, effectively slamming his face into the dirt. But at least the flower was okay? It was held carefully out in front, protected, but leaving him to take the full blunt of damage. Yup. Pride was now at a nice -10%. And after struggling to his feet and surveying the town center, his eyes fell back on the girls. And the silver haired man, who had finally made it into town. He stared at both groups, blushing madly behind dirty cheeks.

Had they noticed? A wet sensation dripped down his neck from a busted chin. He raised a hand to the damage, staring at bloody fingers. Great. But was it bad enough to warrant a doctor? A thought back to his wallet… It would be best to ignore the wound.

For a moment he hesistated in the middle of the road, trying to decide whether to head back to his shop to repot the flower and attend to the wound, or to seek out food first.

I am leaving, this is starting to feel like It's right before my eyes And I can taste it, it's my sweet beginningxxx

User Image

Aiden:: User Image
Alaina:: User Image
Aria:: User Image
Artemis:: User Image
Charlotte:: User Image
Dante:: User Image
Eda:: User Image
Gabrielle:: User Image
Osame:: User Image
Robin:: User Image
Soren:: User Image
Vreis:: User Image
Winona:: User Image
Wrenn:: User Image

Fashionable Genius

User Image
God only knows why it's taken me
So long to let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want.

━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴀʀιᴀ
━━━━━━━━━━━
So I dare you to let me be your One and Only
To hold in your arms.

✭ ✭ ✭

Aria listened to the waves as she walked through the small village. It was peaceful, the exact opposite of a morning in the city. The wind was still a bit cold and from the looks of it the sun wasn't going to show up anytime soon to warm it up. Along the edges of the street she could see the first leaves just starting to turn, though none had fallen yet. "All signs of fall." Aria said, unsure if that was a good or bad thing. She had always looked forward to the fall, or at least the fall festivals. The music festival was her obvious favorite, and the Moon Viewing festival was always good fun too. Now though she had too much work she needed to get done with the library before winter set in. 'I do have my guitar here, and my old violin... I can't just not go. Right.' she thought to herself already plotting how to make it all work. Lost in thought she didn't notice that others had started going about their day until she ran directly into someone.

I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there! Are you okay?!” The girl said quickly apologizing. "It's no problem. Apparently we both forgot how to walk for a moment." Aria said smiling. The younger girl paused for a moment as if unsure of what to say next, and Aria decided to take the initiative before she started apologizing again. "That's a lovely dress, but how can you stand all those frills?" Aria said, wondering if the girl was dressed up for some event or if these were her normal everyday clothes. They were cute but looked like a hassle to maintain. Almost the opposite idea of her own wardrobe. A simple white shirt and a cute pale pink skirt was enough for her. "How do you even get through town like that... wait, sorry. That sounded rude. I mean I'd be afraid of getting it dirty or snagged on something." Aira hoped she hadn't offended the girl as she honestly thought the dress fit her. "My names Aria by the way. Were you heading to the bakery too?"

✭ ✭ ✭ Place - Outside the Bakery
                                    ✭ ✭ ✭ With - Eda.
                                    ✭ ✭ ✭ Thoughts - Hungry.
                                    ✭ ✭ ✭ OOC - Stupid notifications, not notifying me.
                                    Zanny- leopard of snow

User Image
Eda was relieved that the girl was all right and she even chuckled at her comment that they both seemed to forget how to walk.

She responded to the joke by saying, “Yeah, I think gravity has a mean streak sometimes."

She was about to be on her way when the pink-haired librarian asked about her outfit. Immediately Eda’s eyes lit up, although the other girl seemed skeptical and even asked how she could stand all the frills. Even if the girl didn’t apologize Eda’s wouldn’t have been offended, because in all honesty wearing Lolita clothing all the time was kind of strange.

She decided the best thing to do was brush off the confusion with a smile and an explanation. “No, it’s okay. Lolita clothing is hard to maintain sometimes and when I first started wearing it as a preteen in snagged all the time.” For a moment Eda wondered if she was rambling too much, but continued talking anyways. “With practice I’ve learned to be a little more aware of my surroundings and it snags less. For a lot of people that kind of effort wouldn’t be worth it. However, Lolita clothing is so fun to make and even more fun to wear. It’s like an instant conversation piece.

The fact that her clothing did draw attention was part of the reason that Eda wore it. She liked to show off her hard work and it helped her partially avoid fishing for topics, something she absolutely hated and was terrible at.

Briefly her attention fell on a guy messing with a flower during their brief lapse in conversation , but she returned to the girl she was talking to when she introduced herself as Aria and asked her if she was going to the bakery like she was. “Nice to meet you, Aria, I’m Eda and yeah I’m headed to the bakery too. We may as well walk together.

She hoped Aria didn’t mind her company, sometimes people found her a little too forward or annoying if they hit one of her favorite topics, like fashion.

Heading towards the Bakery AriaOutfit

Revini
T H E B L A C K S M I T H
↪ °Heading to the Bakery ↪ °Upbeat ↪ °Aria & Eda
▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀

t h i s___i s___w h e r e___h e r o e s___a n d___c o w a r d s___p a r t___w a y s

User Image

A forge wasn't exactly the cleanest place to work. The heat and embers alone would mar the surface of stone and steel alike if you let it. So the first full week after Vreis arrived in Bellflower Town, a position recommended to him by his old forge master, was spent on cleaning and organizing his new work space. He was, in no way, one of those OCD types who had to have everything in its place, but even he had standards. The layers of soot and grime and filth was shocking even to Vreis, and he had seen some of the worst backstreets and alleys there were. The prior owner either didn't care much or had no sense to clean up after themselves. Once the forge had been all fixed up, Vreis finally had time to unpack and clean up his new home. Needless to say, he went through quite a few rolls of paper towels. One might think he'd have a few moments to stop and breathe after that. . . Nope.

Apparently, the lack of a blacksmith in town had resulted in a backlog of actual work. Most of it were things requested by people who no longer lived in the town. There was a pile of old, broken tools waiting to be fixed and slabs of iron waiting to molded into a better form. Instead of just ignoring the list, Vreis took it as a challenge. Once his home was in order, he started tirelessly working through that damned list. It took him a little while, but at the end of his third week in Bellflower Town, he had triumphed. The list was defeated, full of scribbles marking off each individual accomplishment. . . . though he now had a forge full of tools, both new and repaired.

On this particular day, Vreis had woken up later than usual. It was good to take at least one day to sleep in a little and rest, but he had to get up eventually. When he was able to rouse himself up and out of bed, he trudged across the room to the conjoined bathroom and showered. That helped to wake him up enough that he didn't stumble about while shaving or getting dressed. Food was the next thing on his list, which normally came second after coffee; however, he had been neglecting his stomach the last few days. Things had been so busy that he would get distracted and just lose interest in eating. That was now impossible as his stomach started its revolt. Vreis looked through the cabinets and fridge, realizing that he had run through the food he'd bought during his last shopping trip. He muttered a few curses under his breath then wrapped a scarf around his neck, no coat though, and set out for the town.

Now, Vreis had wandered the town before, but not during regular operating hours. Usually he took walks when the fatigue of the forge got to him and he had to do anything else to stay sane. That was when he walked about, usually early in the a.m. hours. So he hadn't really gotten to meet and mingle with a whole lot of people thus far. He knew that he was part of a new crowd that had moved in. . . at least he did know one person. He would have be particularly attentive when finally going through the meet and greet. Ah, but there were other things to focus on. Vreris needed food. His options were going to the bakery or the restaurant. . . it was the bakery that won in the end. The lure of freshly baked pastries, muffins and the like was far too tantalizing to resist.

Vreis took the route he thought would be the fastest way around. It was not. He seemed have actually gone as round-about as one could while searching for his destination. As luck would have it, he spotted two girls a little further along the way. One of whom was dressed in some rather impression lolita fashion. He didn't recognize either of them, which meant it was finally time to meet the neighbors. Vreis put on a friendly smile as he called out to them. "Good morning." He approached them with a wave of his hand as a greeting. "Sorry to bother you lovely ladies, but I'm new to town and trying to find the bakery. Do you think you could help me out?" By then he had moved to a friendly standing distance. He knew that most people liked their personal space and didn't enjoy having strange men invading it, especially early in the day. "Ah, my name is Vreis. I moved into the old forge and will be taking things over. Nice to meet the both of you."

Zanny- leopard of snow

Revini

Dangerous Enabler

12,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ `·. we are ➸ very вυѕy people .·´
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆but we've always got time for new friends ! ! ! ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

➸ OOC: ➸ WHERE: town center ➸ WITH: Winona, Atticus, Dante (kinda) ➸ WEARING: x

"Ah, she finally smiled!" Charlotte rationalized her cousin's lack of prior smiles easily: Not everyone is a morning person, after all. Even if it was already past 10. But that just made it better when she actually did! She admired the girl's dress again as she answered, wondering if something like that would look good on her. "Yeah, I'll have to stop by there some time, some of my clothes are getting a little shabby..." She hadn't exactly prioritized new clothes when there was rent to pay and fancy groceries to buy. Even now she didn't really have the money to spare.

There was a lull in the conversation, and Charlie was itching to fill the silence, but she didn't want to keep pushing the girl. If Winona didn't want to talk much, it was fine, she wouldn't hold it against her cousin... but then she piped up on her own. Yes, what she said was a bit harsh, but Charlotte couldn't deny the truth. The restaurant, and really, most of the town, was a bit of a mess.

Then Charlie got the delight of her morning- yes, she had barely been awake already, and it was still early, but regardless- her cousin asked if she wanted to walk to the restaurant together. Even if she didn't sound excited about it; she passed that off as her cousin's reserved nature again. "Really? You will?"

Charlie didn't really give her a chance to change her mind, looping her arm around Winona's and changing their course slightly. "Have you been there yet? It totally is a wreck, but what can you do? You should see my place, it looks like a wild animal lives there..." She paused to giggle. "Then again, that might have happened after I moved in.." She laughed at herself again, trailing into a happy little sigh. "Oh, it really is nice to see a familiar face again... We have to catch up! I hope you'll let me treat you at the restaurant if you're not too busy, I'll whip up something quick for you! And I can introduce you to-woah!"

A thud startled the girl and she turned to find the source. In her excitement at finding her cousin in town, she hadn't even noticed the other two men in the area, one of them now face-down in the ground, probably the one who made the 'thud'. A giggle-snort escaped her lips and her free hand flew up to stifle it, as it really was quite mean to laugh at a stranger who might be hurt. Charlie glanced to Winona, then back to the guy, now upright and feeling his chin.

He was actually pretty cute, now that his face was out of the dirt. She turned to her cousin again. "We should help him, right? He might be hurt!" It was not really concern in her voice, but rather excitement, the thrill of meeting a stranger and potential new pal. Charlotte gently lead her cousin by the arm, trying not to pull her, letting go as they got closer, and she got a better look. "You're... Blood. Bleeding. Your blood is bleeding- oh boy..."

As familiar as she was with the sight of bloodied meat in the kitchen, Charlie just couldn't quite handle the sight of human blood. She could feel the color draining from her face as she moved to remedy the situation, opening up her shoulder bag- actually a knife roll- and pulling out a spare rag she kept in it, a little stained but somewhat fresh. She held it out to the guy but kept her line of sight away from his face, glancing at Winona or anything else. "You okay? I can get you some ice for your chin at the restaurant, but you gotta cover that up.."

Paleblood Sky
                  Artiee

Thirteenth Winner

20,815 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • I Voted! 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User ImageUser Image

Chilly mornings were Gabrielle's favorite. The brunette had woken up full of energy and ready to take on the day. Since moving to Bellflower, she had yet to have an unproductive day. Since arriving, she had cleaned the bakery, did minor repairs, and finally came up with a set menu. She only hoped that it would be good enough for everyone else. With a skip in her step, Gabbie left her home around nine in the morning, one of the woes of being a baker was waking up so early. However, she always had to be ready for the breakfast rush. After all, no one wanted to wait twenty minutes for a scone... Business wasn't exactly booming yet, but the town was still settling. Some businesses needed more repairs than other. Gabrielle was lucky, all of the appliances in the bakery were working well enough, sure the conditions weren't ideal, but just good enough to get started. One day her bakery would flourish.

The walk to the bakery was a short one. Within minutes of leaving her home, she had arrived and unlocked the door. She didn't expect anyone to be out this early, thankfully, she had enough time. Gabrielle made her way into the bakery, smiling as the bell above the door let out a "ding!" to alert her of any visitors. She locked the door behind her before making her way into the kitchen. The previous night, Gabbie had prepped plenty of her pastries, and within ten minutes, she already had goodies in the oven. With a satisfied smile, she sat down at a small table in the kitchen and pulled a book from her bag. All the timers were set, and everything was running as smooth as it could be. She hummed to herself as she flipped the pages open, getting lost in the words nearly immediately.

A timer interrupted her concentration, causing the girl to immediately set down her book and retrieve the freshly baked goods from the oven. The aroma filled the bakery, leaving Gabbie with a permanent smile. After setting the pans on the counter to cool, she hurried to the front of the store to ensure that everything was in place to open. She was surprised to see that two people were already outside, Eda, a reoccurring customer with the cutest fashion taste, and Aria, her cousin who ran the library. Then there was another man who she had not met yet. Gabrielle looked to the clock and her heart skipped a beat. She couldn't believe she forgot to open the store! 'That's the last time I read while preparing to open.' She thought to herself as she ran to the door. Flipping the closed side to open, and unlocking the door once more, she swung it open, offering an apologetic smile. "Good morning, please do come in!" Gabbie stepped out of the doorway, allowing plenty of space for the three. "I do apologize, I didn't realize I forgot to open up. How are y'all doing this morning?"

|| Locαтιoɴ :: Bakery || Coмpαɴy :: Aria, Eda, Vreis || Oυтғιт :: Fall 2 || Dιαry ||
                                                                                                      Tнe Bαĸery ιѕ Opeɴ :: Meɴυ
                                                                                                      Zanny- leopard of snow

Revini

F e e l the D r e a d

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff