Fall is the winner!

:D 0.58823529411765 58.8% [ 10 ]
:O 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
:) 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
C: 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation:xrestaurantxxxwith:xno onexxxooc:xyaaay here we goxxxwearing:x[x]

Although Alaina longed for city life, she'd be lying if she said she wouldn't miss Fall in the countryside.

She sat in the corner of the restaurant, leaned back into a chair with her feet propped up against the table. The bartender kept her gaze upwards, locked onto one of the holes in the ceiling, where she could watch the clouds drift lazily past her line of sight. Occasionally a stray orange leaf would find it's way inside, and silently fall to the restaurant floor.

Alaina, as usual, had her guitar out. She strummed an aimless tune as she watched the sky above her. If she closed her eyes, she could practically feel like she was back home in the valley. Growing up, she had spent many nights in the bar, listening to her mother's boss play the guitar. Sometimes she'd get to play with him, or do a solo song.

She wondered if anyone in the valley had been disappointed in her. Skipping town to pursue a ridiculous dream of fame in the city, and returning empty handed. Nobody ever said anything negative to her, but sometimes she couldn't help but wonder if behind her back, they mocked her. Silly Alaina, thinking she could become something more. What a fool.

A breeze from outside entered in one of the restaurant's many holes at just the right angle, hitting Alaina at full force. The shiver it forced out of her managed to pull her out of her daydreams and pity parties.

She stopped playing, and pushed herself up out of her seat. Alaina leaned her guitar up against the table, and approached one of the holes in the restaurant's walls. She was just here to be a bartender, but most people weren't exactly clamoring for alcohol before noon. She often found herself without much to do until it got late...Maybe she could start helping with repairs?

She had helped her dad repair a fence once, back home. She had somehow ended up accidentally nailing her dad's shirt to the fence.

Alaina placed her hands on her hips as she looked around the restaurant for any tools. Unsurprisingly, there were none to be found. She paced around for a moment, before an idea finally hit her. She went up to one of the tables, and pulled the tablecloth off. Her attempt to pull it out from under the tabletop decorations went about as well as one might expect.

Ignoring the now broken vase, and flowers on the floor, Alaina took the cloth under one arm, and went back behind the bar, where she found some duct tape after a bit of searching. Why was this even there?

She shook the question aside from now, and went up to one of the larger holes in the wall. Pulling up a chair to stand on, Alaina duct taped each corner of the tablecloth , until she had successfully covered up the hole. She hopped off the chair, brushing her hands together, and stood back to admire her handiwork.

Alaina sighed. "...At least it'll help keep some of the cold out until it's actually fixed."
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation:xtown center, outside, heading for the tailor'sxxxwith:xno onexxxooc:x-xxxwearing:x[x]

Normally, Winona was already at work by now. Even if she wasn't exactly swimming in clientele, she always found something to keep herself busy. She had spent the last few weeks making jackets, scarves, and hats, as the Fall had been rapidly approaching. Now that it was here, and the cold weather had hit them so suddenly, Winona figured she had made the right choice. People were going to need ways to warm up eventually.

But today, she hadn't gone into work immediately. She had checked her mail that morning, surprised to find a package sitting inside her rundown, rusty mailbox. Winona had taken it inside, and opened it--after reading the attached card, of course. As a kid, her father would reprimand her whenever she tried to open a present without reading the card first.

It was from her parents, wishing her a happy birthday, and hoping that their present would get delivered in time. Winona couldn't help but smile. A day late...But she wouldn't tell them that. Her father was always a stickler for being on time. She read through the card carefully, able to tell which of her parents had said what just based on penmanship. Her mother's writing was a sloppy scrawl, while her father's was neat and tidy.

Her mom's portion of the card was very wordy, where she went on and on about how much they missed her, and how all the farm animals probably missed her as well. Her father's writing was a bit more to the point, but she could still feel the love behind it. He said that while yes, they missed her, they were still very proud of her, and knew she'd do well.

When Winona had finished with the card, she gently set it aside, and opened up the package included with it. Inside were some beautiful gold scissors, a few books, and a necklace with a cow charm hanging off the end. It was a bit tacky, and not her taste; She immediately knew her mother had picked it out. A reminder of her roots. A farm girl.

Winona had placed the new scissors into her bag, as well as one of the books, but left the rest behind on her kitchen table. She'd find a place for them once she got back home later. For now, she really needed to head into work.

When she finally left her home, she was hit by a cool Fall breeze, and immediately regretted not wearing one of the jackets she had made. She pulled her bag closer to her and pushed onward nevertheless.

As she walked through the town, she let her mind wander to possible conversations topics she could write in her thank you letter to her parents. She didn't have anything worth saying. Winona hadn't accomplished anything yet since moving here. All she'd done was sit either in her home, or her store, alone. She could tell them how she had probably permanently scared the bartender away, but something told Winona that her parents wouldn't exactly be proud of that.

Trash

User Image

exequ don't *▬ you tell me ⋮████
                                exeexe▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ that you never× even thought . . .
                                                      ━━ MAYBE WE COULD RUN ?
                                                                              O H exe O H exe O H exe O H exe M A Y B E exe W E exe C O U L D exe R U N !
                                                                                  ( ) restaurantexe ( ) alainaexe( ) hungry

User Image
                                Fall.

This season had to be Soren's favorite. He loved the weather, as he could comfortable wear a thicker jacket without worry for sweating or worry for needing more layers. Luckily he had bought a new jacket on his last trip to the North, yet the jacket was beginning to fall apart due to Soren constantly wearing it. It was his favorite after all.

Soren stepped out of the restroom, his hair slightly wet from the shower, and walked over to the nightstand beside his bed to grab his glasses. Slipping them on his face, he let out a sigh of relief as everything came into focus. 'It's probably about time I got to the doctor for an eye exam. These things aren't up to date.' Soren can recall several times when he'd had to squint while wearing his glasses in order to see. How he ever got such terrible eye sight was beyond him, seeing as how his parents both had perfect vision even with their old age.

He cocked his head to the side, debating whether he should cook himself a meal or just grab something to eat at the inn. Stuffing his hands into his pants pockets, Soren hung his head. 'I ate the last snack at the inn yesterday.' Well, it was decided, he'd have to stop by the restaurant for a quick bite to eat and then make his way over to the inn. Where no one was going to be waiting for him. Had he not been so eager to learn about other places, Soren would have visited the inn before accepting the job offer. Since no one showed up to Bellflower Village, he never had the chance to learn about other lands, which made his job extremely boring. His schedule for most days was: get up, shower, eat, feed his cat, go to work, stand around at the front desk, go home, feed his cat, read, and then go to sleep.

Fun.

"Let's start."

Soren pulled on his coat from the North and stuffed a pair of mittens into the pockets before exiting his house, making sure to lock the door behind him. His house, much like the rest of the town, needed severe repairs, but it was manageable. For now. Soren stuck the key into his left pocket and made his way towards the restaurant. He made it a few feet before noticing a somewhat familiar face.

'Winfred? No, wait, it's Winona, right?' Soren kept his mouth shut but gave her a nod of acknowledgment before carrying on with his brisk walk to the restaurant. He had never spoken to the girl, who worked as a tailor at the local clothing store, nor had he really heard much about her. He didn't really intend on skipping breakfast to chat with her, either. The only person he'd be willing to do that for was his cousin, Osame, who he had been close with during their childhood but let the relationship slip through his fingers after he began to travel. Needless to say, things were strained between him and Osame.

The dark haired male looked blankly at the restaurant that stood before him, taking a deep breath before pushing the doors open and stepping inside. To no one's surprise, the building was nearly empty. Soren noticed that the waiter had not arrived yet and so he turned to the bartender in hopes of getting some toast and honey tea.

"Excuse me, miss, is there any chance I could place an order?" His voice was deep, but soft. His onyx eyes bore into the middle of he woman's forehead, right between the eyes. It was how Soren went about addressing people, not liking to actually look them in the eyes, but at least it seemed like he was.

{ooc; whew here we go!

Paleblood Sky
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation:xrestaurantxxxwith:xsorenxxxooc:xshes so embarrassing and chattyxxxwearing:x[x]

Alaina swiveled towards the front door as it opened, so she could greet her guest with a smile before they even entered the building. She stood silent for a moment, tapping her chin lightly as she tried to recall his name. She hadn't been in town long--none of them had--but she had met everyone at least once. It was on the tip of her tongue...

"S...Something with an 's'...Eh, it'll come to me. Welcome! It's pretty cold outside today, isn't it?" Alaina glanced towards the tablecloth pinned up against the wall. Hopefully that would keep some of the cold out...Although she still had the holes in the ceiling to worry about. That, however, might be a problem for a professional to handle. "Anyway yeah, go ahead. I haven't seen the chef around but I can probably handle it. Unless you're here asking for alcohol, then I could definitely take care of that...But I guess it's still probably a bit too early."

She walked behind the bar, ducking out of sight while she rummaged around for spare notepads and pens. When Alaina had first arrived, she could bashfully admit that she had a ridiculous amount of fun going through all the abandoned boxes the previous owners had left behind. She had found boxes full of the usual things restaurants needed (napkins, plates, glasses), as well as a few containing...a bit more out of place items. (dolls, ceramic ducks, and one cardboard box full of bricks, which, of course, had fallen apart when she attempted to pick it up, resulting in a pile on the floor. They were still sitting there, in a corner behind the bar.)

Finally finding what she needed, she popped back into view, slapping the notepad onto the counter top, and readying her pen. "Alright sir, lay it on me. What can I get ya?" Alaina wasn't particularly confident that she could handle cooking something on her own, but one would be hard pressed to find any sign of concern on her face. The bartender was all smiles, like usual.

"You work over at the inn, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?" She asked, more out of the desire to prevent silence from settling in than actual curiosity. "How is that place looking? Is it in any better shape than the rest of this town?"

Exequtie

Fashionable Genius

User Image
God only knows why it's taken me
So long to let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want.

━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴀʀιᴀ
━━━━━━━━━━━
So I dare you to let me be your One and Only
To hold in your arms.

✭ ✭ ✭

"Finally this place is looking manageable." Aria said looking down at the old library from the second floor, filling with pride at the site of the newly cleaned building. Even before she had started fixing up the place Aria had been filled with excitement about owning her own business. She loved the city but wasn't going to pass on the chance to move out to the country and own an old library at the cheapest mortgage she had ever seen. 'I've got a lot of plans for this place.' she thought to herself. While it wouldn't take as much work to restore the place and reopen the library, Aria couldn't see herself living the life of the frumpy old librarian. "Besides, whats a dream if you don't have to work for it a little." she would tell herself.

Pulling out the notebook she kept with her, Aria checked off the latest task off her list. "I'm glad most of these old books could be salvaged." she said, though honestly it was just another thing she had gotten lucky with when it came to the old library. While the walls weren't that white anymore, the dark wood floors and supports were not only intact but with a quick re-finishing they shined like new. In addition the entire place was relatively intact. No holes in the roof and no signs of leaking which was probably why the books were still in decent condition.

"Okay, lets see whats next on the list. Hmm, gotta put in some orders and secure a supplier... oh sh-" Suddenly feeling a bit light headed Aria felt the notebook slip from her hands. Quickly scrambling to catch it, Aria watched it fall from the balcony and land on the first floor. Sighing, Aria moved towards the stairs suddenly aware of how hungry she was. "Well I haven't eaten since... did I have dinner yesterday... or lunch even?" Picking up the notebook she shrugged. "I guess the next thing on my to do list is breakfast. Hmm, I wonder if Gabrielle is at the bakery yet." Checking the time on her phone Aria saw it was just after ten. She also noted that she still had no signal. Not really a surprise as she hadn't been able to get signal since she moved to Bellflower, but it didn't bother her. There was something surprisingly freeing about not being tied to your phone all day... but it did make for an expensive clock. Grabbing her coat from the front desk she slid her phone in the pocket and stepped outside. Locking the door behind her a cool breeze made her regret wearing a skirt today. She ignored her bare legs and just reminded herself how cute the light pink skirt was as she turned towards the street and made her way to the bakery.

✭ ✭ ✭ Place - Walking towards Bakery
                                    ✭ ✭ ✭ With - No one yet.
                                    ✭ ✭ ✭ Thoughts - Hungry, Excited
                                    ✭ ✭ ✭ OOC - Sorry was drawing a blank but wanted to get a first post in.

Trash

User Image

exequ don't *▬ you tell me ⋮████
                                exeexe▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ that you never× even thought . . .
                                                      ━━ MAYBE WE COULD RUN ?
                                                                              O H exe O H exe O H exe O H exe M A Y B E exe W E exe C O U L D exe R U N !
                                                                                  ( ) restaurantexe ( ) alainaexe( ) hungry

User Image
                                Soren cocked his right eyebrow, 'It's Soren...' To be fair, he hadn't a clue as to what this girl's name was. Not even the first letter. Since the inn had various snacks and he was able to cook for himself, he hadn't had much need to stop by the restaurant. Especially not the bar section. After having spent his entire twenty - first year on earth drinking day in and day out, Soren had decided that drinking and alcohol really wasn't his thing. He can't even remember the majority of that year because he had woken up everyday in a different place hungover as hell, and the only solution for the pain at the time was to get wasted again.

He briefly nodded in response to the blonde's question about the weather, "It's a bight nippy, but I'd rather it be cool than hot." The woman soon disappeared underneath the counter, giving Soren time to examine the condition of the restaurant. Letting his eyes wander, the male took notice of the shattered vase lying on the floor and his eyebrows furrowed slightly before returning to their normal position. 'Someone could get hurt with that mess lying around...' Onyx eyes continued to travel around, taking in the various holes in the ceiling and walls. Not much different from the inn, however, Soren had spent several hours doing his best to patch up the holes. Thankfully he had some skills with tools, but not enough for him to be a construction worker or anything like that.

The woman soon bounced back into sight, asking Soren what he wanted. Soren gave her a half - lidded glance before looking down at the notepad, "Two pieces of toast and, if possible, a cup of honey tea." The male had decided to leave off his please and thank yous, wanting to get his order in and get to work. After all, this was a restaurant, and orders are supposed to be taken at a restaurant. He was slightly taken aback by the woman's question on his profession. He quickly shook it off, since Bellflower was a small town, it shouldn't surprise him too much that people knew who worked where.

"For as much effort I've put into making it more accommodating, you think it would be in better shape. Alas, it is not." Soren had taken a humorous tone, offering the blonde bartender a small smirk. Soren leaned his elbow on the counter, doing his best to get closer to the female. Lowering his voice to just above a whisper, he held his hand up to his mouth, "Between you and me, I think this town won't survive past spring," His eyes darted to the side and he leaned away from the girl, "unless a winter storm brings in more than just snow. Or... Perhaps it'll be so bad that the few visitors in town won't be able to traverse in such horrid winter weather." He shrugged.

It wasn't that he didn't care about the town, Soren was just trying to be honest with himself. Honesty is the best policy, and Soren isn't one to tell a lie. Especially not to himself.

Paleblood Sky

Dangerous Enabler

12,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ `·. we are ➸ very вυѕy people .·´
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆but we've always got time for new friends ! ! ! ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

➸ OOC: and here she goes! ➸ WHERE: town center ➸ WITH: Winona ➸ WEARING: x

Beep. Beep. Beep.

An inhuman groan came from the covers on the bed, and a hand stretched out from beneath them and hit the noisy alarm clock for the third time. Charlotte pushed the blanket out of her face and sat up slowly, making sure she didn’t just hit snooze again. She got up out of bed and pulled a quilt along with her, wrapping it around her shoulders to ward off the Autumn chill.

It would’ve been wise to sleep in something a little warmer than shorts, but most of her cold-weather clothes were still packed away, and that included pajamas. And that box was underneath another box, full of who-knows-what. Charlotte yawned loudly and followed it up with a satisfied sigh. “Aah~ That was some sleep!” The girl stretched her arms out wide, then dropped the blanket back onto the messy bed, moving with haste to the shower to get warm and clean.

It was like this most days since she moved to Bellflower Village, as short as that time was. A mid-morning start, cleanup, a quick bite to eat, then often another once she would actually get to the restaurant. From there it was just waiting for anybody to show up hungry, or chatting with the other employees.

In the three weeks Charlie had worked in the restaurant she really hadn’t done much to fix up the place, aside from cleaning up in the kitchen- and even then, it was mostly just the areas she was using. There was something in the back of the storeroom that she swore had growled at her two weeks ago, and she wasn’t going to bother it. The restaurant didn’t have the demand to call for that much storage space right now, anyway, so the fridge and a few cabinets would suffice.

Charlotte pulled her hair back into a short ponytail, cursing herself for not getting the full time to dry it before she had to venture out into the cold. But she had wasted enough time and needed to get in to the restaurant, and not just because the ingredients there were better. There was dinner prep to be done- (Of course she was thinking of dinner before she even had breakfast) - things in the refrigerator to throw out before they got smelly, and likely other employees to bother, if they hadn’t quit yet.

She threw on what warm clothing she could find, a hat and scarf that had been tossed into the wrong box helped to keep out the cold and cover what skin her sweater couldn’t. Stepping out into the cold, she locked the door behind her- not that she thought anyone would actually steal anything, not that there actually was anything to steal- and started to make her way to the restaurant. Of course she took the scenic route, at a pace that wouldn’t suggest she actually meant to get anywhere.

As Charlie turned around a building she found herself in the town center, possibly not where she meant to be, but it was a welcome mistake as she found someone walking. A girl in a plaid dress, who she was quite certain even from a distance that she hadn’t met yet, and that had to be fixed right away. “He~ey! Miss, wait up!” Long legs closed the gap between them quickly, but when she saw the girl’s face she nearly stopped in her tracks. “Wait a minute, aren’t you… Cousin Winnie?” Charlotte was practically beaming. “I haven’t seen you in years! What are you doing here? Why haven’t I seen you here already? Did you just get here, or- Have you not been to the restaurant yet?” She paused her barrage of questions to let her cousin answer. Of course she’d be just as excited to see her, right..?

Paleblood Sky
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation:xrestaurantxxxwith:xsorenxxxooc:x-xxxwearing:x[x]

"Toast and tea, got it." Alaina jotted down his order on the notepad, as she had learned from experience that it was easy to forget even the simple orders. She'd seen her mom serve the wrong drink plenty of times; Although Alaina was plenty guilty of that herself. "Luckily for the both of us, even I can't screw up toast." The bartender grimaced, and stuck the pen behind her ear. "I've probably jinxed myself now."

Before Alaina could step away, the man approached the counter. Their faces close together now, he lowered his voice as he continued to speak. Nobody else was here, as far as Alaina knew, so she found the secrecy to be a bit unnecessary, but she didn't comment on the fact. She did, however, quirk an eyebrow at his words. Alaina wasn't surprised someone thought that way...she just hadn't expected anyone to be so open about it.

"That's not a very good attitude. Even if it's the most realistic one." She smiled, and genuinely chuckled at his statement. "I can see where you'd get that idea. I don't see how just a few people can rebuild a town. But it's not like I've got anything better to do. I've got a job, a place to live...Even if it doesn't last, it's better than spending the next few months laying around my parent's house feeling sorry for myself. I'll give it my all, but I won't be bummed when it all falls apart...Spring though, huh? Don't even think we'll last a year?"

She tore off the first page from the notepad, and stuck it into her coat pocket. "Well, that's in the future. What matters is the present. And toast. Your toast. I'll be right back."

Leaving her guest behind in the main dining area, Alaina stepped into the unfamiliar kitchen. This wasn't her usual domain, so she had to spend a few moments digging around in Charlotte's work space before she finally found the bread. She read the label, making sure it was fresh and hadn't been sitting here for years, and popped it into the toaster once she was sure it wasn't going to poison the customer.

The hard part came next: tea. Alaina poked around in the kitchen, mostly just to keep busy while she tried to figure out what honey tea was. Did it come in a packet? A bag? It wasn't until she invested time into a thirty second staring contest with the tea kettle that the answer finally hit her. Honey tea had been that stuff her dad used to make for her when she was a kid, and had caught a cold. She remembered how to make that stuff....Sort of.

It had taken a bit to figure out where Charlotte stored all the ingredients, but in the end Alaina had an actual, real, handmade cup of tea in hand. She swung by the toaster and plopped the bread slices onto a plate, and returned to the dining area.

"I did it, and the kitchen is still standing. Go me." The bartender delicately set the plate and cup on the bar, beaming with pride. "There it is. I hope its okay. Do you want anything special to put on it? I can go scrounging around in the kitchen for extra stuff if you'd like."

Exequtie
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlocation:xtown center, outside, heading for the tailor'sxxxwith:xCharlottexxxooc:xid like to apologize to the world for winonaxxxwearing:x[x]

She could always lie. Her parents would be none the wiser if Winona sent back a letter detailing her fabulously fictional life in Bellflower, where she was friends with everyone, and they were all a big happy community. Her parents could be proud of her, know she's doing alright, and then not have to worry anymore.

They'd probably fall for it, right? They had no reason to believe she was lying. Winona grimaced. It wasn't like she had spent the last few years being the most anti-social person in the world. Her parents would absolutely not believe her if she claimed she had, within a few weeks, completely turned her attitude around, and was now sunshine and daisies, and everybody's best friend.

The alternative was to just not send a letter back. Knowing her dad, he'd probably travel all the way out here to make sure she was okay. Just the thought of it made her cheeks flush with embarrassment...and make her smile. She already missed being around her family.

When she heard a voice call out to her, Winona immediately picked up speed. She tried, and failed, to at least speed walk her way to the tailor's before she was caught up with, but the girl had closed in on her quickly. It still felt too early in the day for her crabby facade to come out in full force, but she didn't have any other choice.

"Do you need something--" All hostility drained from her voice the moment she met the girl's eyes. The girl seemed to have came to the same realization. "Charlie...? I didn't know you were..." Her words drifted away from her before she could latch back onto her thoughts. She had wanted to see her family again but not like this. Yes, initially the sight of her cousin had brought a familiar warmth to her chest, but then a cold, terrified feeling made itself at home instead.

Winona hadn't seen Charlotte in a long time. Years, as her cousin had said. When Charlotte had left the island, that had been it. She had gone off on her own and not looked back. Winona had always assumed she had been successful, and there hadn't been any need to go back to Castanet...Unlike Winona, who had failed, and returned home immediately.

There were a thousand unpleasant thoughts whirling around in her head. Charlotte had always been so kind, so Winona couldn't imagine her saying anything cruel to her face, but would she look down on Winona for having to return to the island? For being unsuccessful in the city? Did she already know?

Worst of all, Charlotte had been gone for so long, that she probably had no idea Winona's people skills had deteriorated into the practically non-existent scraps they were now. Winona kept people at bay now with harsh words and cruelty. Winona had always been a bit shy, but her current persona was new. Just a few years old, an act she had developed to keep people away from her.

Winona was hit with the sudden realization that Charlotte was almost like a stranger to her now as well. A strange girl she had met in a new town. It had been so long...There was a terribly tight discomfort in her chest now, as she felt torn between her usual desire to snap at people and make them leave her alone, and the desire to finally let herself relax, because she was around family.

"I just...haven't been out much." She settled for an awkward middle ground. Each word she spoke got progressively quieter, and she kept her head down. "I got a letter. Why are you here?" She winced, her words sounding far more accusatory than she had meant. Old habits die hard. "I mean...I thought you had left for the city and were having fun there...or something. Why would you come to a rundown disaster like this?"

Veggie Killer
User Image
User Image

l o c a t i o n:ranchxxxc o m p a n y:no onexxxO. O. C.:lame opening... sorry guys...

♢. . .xx
                                                        The fall morning was chilly. Breezes swept by and ruffled the coat of the local rancher. He had bundled himself up with a thick cloak that covered his torso and fell down to the tops of his thighs. A scarf was wrapped around the bottom of his face and covered his mouth to keep the cold from entering his lungs. The horse underneath his body shook its mane and gave a whinny. Before the horse was a medium-sized group of sheep. They were all coated in a thick fleece that would need sheering in the next week or two. The livestock was being moved from distant fields that lay just beyond the town to one near the rancher's home. Trailing the rider and horse were two dogs, black as night. They were dutiful and stayed close to the flock as they moved as a group.

Looking toward the center of town, Osame wondered if everyone was gathered for breakfast at the cafe. It was popular place with the residents and visitors alike. Osame had been there only a few times, mainly because he was always busy with work on the ranch. He had little time to socialize with other people and talked mostly to the animals he took care of. Reigning his thoughts back in, Osame continued on his way, kicking his horse into a trot and whistling to his dogs to keep the flock in line as they moved as one. The sheep picked up pace and soon they were running across a well-worn path that led from the outer fields of the ranch to the inner.

The group continued on their path until the beginnings of the rancher's fence came into view. He rode his horse faster than the group to approach the gate to open it for the sheep. Once open, the animals flooded into the new field that was still green with the leftover summer grass. They greedily began to eat what they could, stuffing their mouths with the foliage. Osame closed the gate behind the sheep and sighed to himself. He would have to check the pregnant ewes later on as well as the cows that were going to calf soon. There was much to be done on the ranch, but Osame enjoyed the business he had to himself.

Turning his horse away from the field, he walked the steed back to the barn where he dismounted, removed its tackle, and shut him back into his stall before giving him his breakfast. His two dogs, Reem and Razan, sat by his feet as they eagerly awaited their breakfast. Patting them both on the head, Osame led them to a small section of the barn and fed the dogs their own meal. They would be needed again, but Osame didn't need to call them. The dogs were so loyal they came without being needed.

Leaving the barn, Osame wandered over to the chicken and duck coop where he immediately was greeted by the sound of happy clucking and quacking. This made him smile as he fed the animals and let them into the large yard he had built for them. It was protected by chicken wire to keep any predatory animals out and the flock in. Once that was done, Osame could take a small break for a little while.

Things were peaceful here in Bellflower Village. He dreamed that this place would be a great as the town his mother and uncle worked to create. For now, very few people lived here. Things would stay quiet for some time more until more people could be attracted to the village.

fighterrrx's Fangirl

Partying Fisher

User Image
✧ location⋮ farmlands » town tab ✧ feeling⋮ relaxed tab ✧ with⋮ no one tab

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                          Grapes…are perfect for fall, aren’t they? So, are apples… But, what else can I use?

Clipboard in hand, a long yawn came out of the lips of the silver-haired man, standing in front of the rows of the marked barrels in front of him. A fruity smell filled the air, with the hint of alcohol… The smell of wine. Up since 7 in the morning, the somewhat cranky Dante was far used to his schedule back when he lived in Forget-Me-Not Valley. Doing all-nighters pretending to be his father and sleeping in until the afternoons were the best times of his life…Well, up until his mother or his relatives came in scolding him for being lazy. However, finding out and learning about this profession of making and selling wine and juices was rewarding in its own sense.

I should try to get more fruits…Some high quality, expensive ones seem nice….” the silver-haired man grumbled to himself, tapping the pen on his clipboard, to get some ideas into his head.

Dante felt like he was overthinking it a bit too much. Probably he’ll just take a coffee break and think about it then. He was debating about closing his shop for a bit to take a quick walk around town to kill time, to clear his head. ‘Pfft. This is my third ‘coffee break’ today,’ the male joked in his head, taking a glance at his calendar hanging at the wall nearby. Today, he was mostly free. Emphasize, ‘mostly’. Other than making a delivery of wine to the restaurant, Dante needed to go to the library to check out some books, probably make some orders to get fruit, and lounge around for the rest of the day. It was going to be a long, uneventful day, but it was better than nothing in his eyes, especially since the man kept stealing glances at the door leading towards his tiny home, secretly longing to crawl back into bed.

Placing down his inventory in a somewhat ‘safe’ place, the owner grabbed his keys, along with a scarf and a coat. Double checking everything was hidden and safely closed, Dante had headed out, into the farmlands, heading towards the town with a relaxed look on his face. Even if he was born on a Fall day…he hated the windy weather that came with this season. Only the food and holidays actually made this season worthwhile for him. Letting out a large yawn, the owner realized how different it was here. Although he loved being at a new place, starting a new business, and trying to rejuvenate this place… Something felt missing for Dante, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

Anxious Bookworm

9,150 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
User ImageDr. RobinXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXx"You really should take care of yourself."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

After three weeks of some extreme cleaning, Robin had the clinic in a condition to be ready to be of real use. Even if most of the medical equipment was in working condition when she arrived, the young woman was not willing to risk people getting even sicker with how dirty the rundown clinic was. It took a lot of elbow grease in those three weeks, but the layer of dust and grime that stuck to everything in the rundown clinic. Robin felt pretty lucky that she didn't need to replace anything major and only needed to clean up the place. However, since she had spent most of her time getting the clinic in acceptable condition, Robins own home was still mostly packed up in boxes save for a few outfits and her kitchen.

Robin flipped the clinic's window sign to open and threw herself onto the waiting room couch. She was glad that she had woken up early and finished cleaning the clinic to get it open at an acceptable time. It was debatable if anyone were to actually come in for a check up since she wasn't needed during the three weeks she was here so far. Though as the town doctor, Robin needed to be available for any possible patients.

With nothing to do, the young doctor let her mind wander to her old co-workers and patients. While her patients were a little annoyed that she moved away on them, they understood her desire to have her own clinic. On the other hand, her co-workers were worried that she had fallen for a scam and tried to talk her out of accepting Bellflower's offer. Needless to say, Robin left on bad terms with most of them. She remembered when she told her parents about the offer right after she accepted it. While they worried about the fact that the offer had come from a rundown town, they supported her decision just like they did with her decision to study medicine. Robin also had a feeling that her mother would welcome her back home if this didn't pan out.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

XXXXXXXXXXXXlocation: the clinic company:no one ooc:crappy first post is crappy

Hilarious Sex Symbol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              W R E N N

Company: Alaina and less-fun him Soren.
                              Mood: Happy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                              "Phew. Almost done. Fiiinalllyyy." The words escaped his lips as he stared out to the expanse of field in front of him. It wasn't too terribly large right now, though it was enough to supply the town with crops each season. Wrenn wiped beads of sweat off of his forehead with the sleeve of his shirt, resting his hoe back against his left shoulder. 10am and he was already almost done. Not bad! Wrenn trotted energetically to his water well, grabbing his watering can (and setting his hoe down,) before making his way over to the smaller field south a little south of the main one. It was a cute little garden of green, where peppers would soon be hanging from the plants.

Wrenn tilted his watering can as a steady stream of water poured from the many holes in it's spout. He walked slowly through the field of green, swaying the can slowly over each and every plant he saw. About halfway through, his can ran out of water, so he made way to the smaller well that was next to the field, and refilled the can. Then, Wrenn finished watering the pepper plants. He filled the can up for tomorrow's use, and made his way back towards the main field, grabbing his hoe (for tilling, you pervs~,) and made way back into his house. It was small, and falling apart, but it was his and he loved it. It was clean, as he was always taught to clean up a mess, but falling apart. There were two large holes in the ceiling in the main room that he covered. The first hole was covered with an old, dusty blanket that was on the bed when he arrived, and the other hole was nailed closed using... his table. Yes, his wooden table was nailed to the ceiling to prevent rain from assaulting his home.

Wrenn placed his hoe and watering can down, and left his house once more. He didn't bother to lock the door, as who would want to steal away into a farm boy's home? A lonely lady, perhaps?~ The thought made Wrenn smirk, but his attention was pulled when a pretty blue butterfly flew past his face. "Heeeeeeey!~ Come back here!~" Wrenn chimed melodically, giving chase to the insect. He chased it all the way up the dirt path over the hill, until he lost it in the town center. "Where'd ya go? Are you hiding, little butterfly? Well... Fine. Be that way." he spoke to seemingly no one. *GGGRRRGGG* Wrenn stopped. He looked down accusingly at his stomach. "OKAY! I'll feed you, jeez!" the boy said jokingly to his stomach. Where was the restaurant, again? Looking around, he finally remembered the way, and so Wrenn made way.

When he finally got there, he pushed the door open and entered the building. It wasn't that bad inside, save for the hole in the roof, covered with a towel or.. curtain, or something. "Hey, my house has one of those." Wrenn said to the restaurant, before walking up to the girl and guy, waiting for them to be done with their stuff. The guy with blue hair much less fun than his own had ordered Tea and Toast. Then there was the girl who, by careful speculation, was obviously the lovely maiden cooking the things. She had blonde hair, which was fun. "Er. Hello." Wrenn's eyes fixated mainly on the girl, but scanned to the less-fun him every so often.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Paleblood Sky

Exequite

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out