User Image

Ѧɭeӿαndґe
██ҽmiɭe Desϲoteαux
x

████████████████████████xx

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: X-men kitchen
                                                ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: no one
                                                ᴏᴏᴅ: hungry, tired
                                                ᴏᴄ: mm it's a little short for a timeskip post but i didn't wanna expand on everything in one go so shrugs

⋟────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Alexandre had been taken to the Xavier mansion, checked over for injuries, and then moved out of the medical ward and into a room to stay until the Brotherhood were to be sent home. He'd taken the opportunity to shower; wash away the dirt and grime of the U-men base, any left over makeup from directly before he was kidnapped, and get the thin layer of salt off his cheeks. Although Alexe tried to hurry, his shower ended up taking a long time, for he found himself curling downwards and sitting on the tiled floor. He had tried not to think about Levi's death after leaving, but alone in the shower with only his thoughts it managed to creep up on him. It seemed like as good a time as any to mourn.

Once Alexe was clean and dried off he made his way back to the room that had been lent to him, walking immediately to the bed in the corner to sleep. Despite him passing the majority of his time in the base by napping, he still found himself tired enough to drift off almost immediately. Sleep when surrounded by the U-men had not been restful and the soft comfort of a real bed was a great relief.

-

The two weeks had gone by in a bit of a haze for Alexe. He'd slept away most of the days and when he moved through the mansion it was like a phantom. He passed through walls and stepped through shadows without a sound, only really moving between his room, the laundry room, the kitchen, and the library. He'd avoided most of the older X-men, for fear of any lingering resentment they might feel about his defection three years prior. He was likewise avoiding most of the brotherhood; not wanting to discuss what had happened with the U-men or why Levi was not present with them. Emotionally he was feeling tired and a little numb, which made interaction with others all the more difficult.

Eating was always a chore for Alexandre, but it had become much more difficult since he'd been at the mansion. He wandered through the kitchen only when he had the energy to do so and only when he suspected no one else would be around. For the first time, on Christmas eve, he dared to venture into the kitchen when others might be around. He was feeling a little ill and he suspected it was not because he was sick.

Alexandre spent a small amount of time getting dressed, inwardly thanking Ares for having the consideration to grab all the Brotherhood members extra clothes before the worst of the snow storm hit. He ended up putting together what he would consider a simple outfit and passing through the door of his dorm. He made his way down the stairs and into the shared kitchen, starting a pot of drip coffee before opening the fridge and peering inside. He reached in, pulling out a carton of milk. Searching the cupboards for cereal, he found a box of something he was mildly interested in and poured it into a bowl along with the milk.

With his bowl in hand he leaned against the counter near the coffee maker, becoming it's mostly-sentient guard until he had his caffeine. He spooned cereal into his mouth slowly, going back and forth between watching the entrance to the kitchen for newcomers and staring at an apple perched in the fruit bowl that he was considering eating.

[ ε ʀ ε в ѻ ʂ ]x

Je suis d'un pas rêveur le sentier solitaire,
                                    J'aime à revoir encor, pour la dernière fois,
                                    Ce soleil pâlissant, dont la faible lumière
                                    Perce à peine à mes pieds l'obscurité des bois!

Theme Outfit
]
۩ ۞
۩ ۞Mood:Neutral
۩ ۞Company:Noone yet
Mocking Birdx
User Image
Alex was backup for the mission helping the injured mutants on the jet. He helped a winged mutant on the plane and felt bad for a person so young to have to go through something like that. The U-men were very sick bastards putting someone so young through stuff like that. Despite the many people they rescued the one Chase refereed to as Levi had not been as fortunate to make it. He did not know what to say or do which made the plane ride very solemn since his friend did not make it and he knew the person was very important to him.

Alex decided to wait on asking the leader to join the Brotherhood since he did not want to seem like he was trying to join now that there was a spot open. He would wait until the wounds have closed. His optimism was fleeting a bit as he could not even look at Chase since it would kill him seeing him so troubled but there would be nothing he would be able to do to help him. Alex hated being in this position and wished there was more he could do to help but figured it might be best if he left him to his father since that was the only person Chase would need. He felt a bit jealous since he did not have that sort of connection with his own family but was happy that at least Chase had some form of support.
-----------------------------------------------------------

It had been two weeks and they had gotten snowed in thankfully he had his spare clothing with him in his bag and it was now Christmas Eve. Alex had spent the two weeks giving Bryan and Chase time to actually bond and such and he figured he would let them spend the holiday together although he himself felt a bit alone since he didn't really have anyone else he knew. He also did not want to bother Zaphora the leader of the Brotherhood with his decision to join on the holiday especially not after two weeks following the death of a member. He spent a lot of his day exploring.

He was in what appeared to be a common room and sat down on one of the many couches that were there and turned on the television and watched the News. The program was showing a weather report on the extremely cold conditions which meant he could not go anywhere. Even if he had a desire to leave he couldn't since the snow was too heavy and the air would be too cold especially at a higher altitude. Alex was worried about the one mutant he saw hoping he was alright. He had caught a glimpse of his back wings and felt bad for him. Alex's wings might have only been used in his mutated form but he could imagine how the pain would feel if someone clipped them like he was a bird. He was glad that group was gone.

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

outfit theme

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x

W H E R E ?: Kitchen
                    W I T H ?: Alexe [Mutant person 'x' she does not know name of yet]
                    O O C: Weeeeeell, was hoping I'd have a new pic up in time for this for outfit, but I'll handle that later, I guess, lol

Alexe wouldn't have much time to himself it seemed. He would hear the approach before it came as a metal crutch clacked her footsteps ahead of Jasmine's entry. In the foxgirl would appear and halt in the doorway abruptly as she balanced herself.

It had been two weeks and a bit of forced bedrest and healing had certainly helped her get back on her feet - or foot at least, the fresh plastered leg was dangled above the floor and bent at an angle impossible for her to put weight on it - asides the smaller cast on her right wrist and the series of bandaids that covered the ridge of her muzzle, she hardly looked any different from when she'd first came to the mansion originally.

With just a set of shorts and an oversized yellow nightshirt to her - currently depicting a strange purple yin-yang symbol - there wasn't much else to say of her appearance apart from of course the whole five-foot-fox thing as she took a moment to evaluate actual social contact. "Hey."

Well. Great conversation this was not, but she at least moved in, tail curling away from her leg as she did a beeline to the fridge-freezer, "Any recommendations on what's good to eat today?"

Not that it seemed she was about to be deterred from her current endeavour as open she popped the freezer door, pulling out a pack of toaster pancakes and a small tub of ice cream, balancing on her good leg and working the items into a nook under arm before heading for the counter, dropping her items there and keen on peering through the cupboards. "It feels weird to be away from home for Christmas... but... have you been here long, or is this your first Holidays here too?"

Jasmine had no idea who was Brotherhood or who was X-Men. In all that had happened, it hadn't really been a topic of conversation that had happened, considering how few her conversations had been and all... who was to tell her that Alexe wasn't part of the place?

Packages tearing, toasters being deposited and items being gathered from all over, the girl at least seemed to find her way round the kitchen alright, before she'd turn around with a pile of pancakes that were wrapped around a sizable dollop of mint choc chip all drizzled in chocolate sauce and nuts.

Who said that breakfast wasn't the most important meal of the day?

"So..." She tried, her ears a little off kilter as she tried to consider everything... or particularly how she was going to move the plate from one counter to the other with the seat when the good hand was busy holding her crutch. She didn't exactly want to start hopping about with food here. "...Name's Jasmine. Anything I should know about life here before we all get whipped into shape Full Metal Jacket style?"

User Image

zadkiel ilwe
User Image

"Why for what sparkles in the corner of my eye... "

W H E R E: Common room, twice.
W I T H: Jasmine, Alexandre, Alex
O o c:Biiiig post with Jazz, who did most of the work. Also made myself a diffy color in this post.

Ansul was pacing around in the snow as he did another round across the grounds of the mansion, waiting for the return of the away team. He stopped in the snow for a second. 'This isn't star trek...' he thought and continued on his round. He wished he could have gone with, specially with all this snow around, and be a help to the others. But he knew nothing of fighting. He stopped again and perked his ears, listening. There was indeed a sound of engines. They where back. His jaw dropped for a second time that day as a heavily modified blackbird started it's descent. He ran to the landing bay to help in anyway he could, but when there he was unceremoniously shoved right back out by Hank saying that he didn't need to see this. Once again his argument that he was 17 fell on deaf ears and he had no other choice then to retreat to his room. At least he got an Email from his dad saying that he was alright. Ansul would sleep a little less worried that night.

The next morning he managed to sneak a peek into the med bay and suddenly understood why he was shoved out. The few beds that where not warded off by separators had some of the lighter wounded in them and they seemed pretty bad off. Once again Hank showed up and this time he was literally shoved out of the door to 'go play in the snow'. For a week, that's what he did. That and sitting in his room wondering how everyone was doing. During that week they showed Frozen, a disney film, and it gave Ansul the idea to make his own ice castle, which proved to be harder then it looked in the movie. He didn't have the strength to create a large structure in one go, even with all the snow around. That didn't stop him tho, as block by block the building started to take shape. He carved the ice with his hands and claws into nicer, rounder and clearer shapes and carved himself a little throne. This went on for about a week when people started coming out of the med bay. One of which was another furred one. A fox like looking girl with a cast. He was too shy to talk to her openly so he just retreated back into his snow, creating more of his little castle.

A little later he stepped out of the snow and shook his head furiously to dislodge the minor icicles stuck in his hair. He gave a stretch and felt the warmth of the fire and heating system even in the main entrance. He thought about going to the sitting room and watching tv... after his fur had thawed. After he had thawed out enough on the entrance mat he picked up the towel he had left at the main door and wrapped it around himself. Walking in on the empty sitting room he gave a little smile and sat down ont he biggest sofa he could find that was pointing towards the tv and turned it on, turned it down a bit and started channel surfing.
"Hey, so this is where you guys keep the TV?" The voice would announce her before anything else as the fox girl stood in the doorway, a little heavy in her gait as the fox girl leaned one half of her body on her crutch, the other using the door frame to prop herself up as she looked in.
Ansul turned his head to look at her and was silent before giving a little nod. "It's one of the many TVs I seems to have found in the mansion but this room seems to be the most used." he said softly. He felt a little sorry for her, being in a cast and pulled out of the Umen base but he decided not to bring it up, she didn't seem to mind.

The girl then looked from the screen back to the other student and stopped, nearly dropping her crutch as she blinked. Jasmine wasn't exactly much of a sight to look at with the light bruising around her muzzle and eyes from the healing broken nose, but most of it was covered up from the band-aids stripped there. As for her casts, although she crutched forward a little heavily, she didn't seem too bothered to ask aloud for help as she came in, her tail turning slowly as she looked over the other furred mutant, then suddenly shook her head, breaking whatever fixation she had found herself in. "Uh... hi." And with a cursory glance around, spotting an overstuffed armchair to borrow, she quickly pointed with the casted wrists fingers, "This spot taken any?"
Ansul hadn't blinked when she was seemingly looking him over... since he was doing the same and he could figure out why she had stopped. "No... It's free to take. I'm Ansul... a new student here." he added after a pause, turning the tv down a little more after choosing some random cartoon he found.
"Jasmine." She offered back, offering at least a smile back as she made her way to the couch and then turned, a slight hop-hobbling motion as she tried to reverse into the chair, but making a bit of a mess of it as she near fell into the seat with an 'ooomph' and a wince as she felt a half dozen injuries complain. But settling herself slowly, she shuffled into a more relaxed position and smiled again, letting her crutch just lean against the seat as she shrugged, "I'm... just new to all of this in general I think. Still not sure what to make of this place and all, y'know? Nice to meet you anyway, Ansul," She added, a half grin forming, "Nice to know I'm not the only one who's wearing a furcoat around here."
Ansul was half out of his chair with a worried look on his face before sitting back down when the girl sat down. "To say the least." he said in kind of a distracted way. After a bit of silence he spoke up again. "So... eh.. How you holding up?" He had a bit of a grimace on his face, feeling a little worried. His hands where busy with his towel, plucking a bit at the fibers.
"Ehhhh..." Jasmine tried not to look back at Ansul, trying more to show attention to the cartoon, but at the question, she raised her wrist's cast, flexing the fingers and then looking at the leg that was stuck straight out in front of the chair, the symptoms of her injuries were certainly obvious.

"I break bones like people lose keys, sooooo, this isn't anything much new..." She slowly rolled off her tongue, adjusting her glasses slightly, "I'm a little more just... getting used to... all this, you know? Like last week, the biggest danger I ever had was losing my charge cable for my 3DS during the final battle of Pokémon X. Now... I had this whole thing with a psychotic robot and a sycophantic mutant lover and... and..." She shrugged, "Now. I'm here and, it's a lot to take in I guess?"
"I have pokemon X too.." he said softly and very quietly cussed himself out for focusing on that of all things. "I've always been in sort of a danger, I looked like this all my life and where I lived it was not welcomed. Until I got shot at, then I came here." he blurted out rather quickly. He gave a sigh remembering his dad's face. "Then my Dad couldn't handle it anymore and he put me here for safe keeping... but that kind of backfired. I arrived just as the attack was over. Somehow that makes me feel guilty. And I wasn't even allowed to come help with the rescue operation." He once again sat silent for a while, opening and closing his muzzle a bit. "But they are gone now.. the Umen. And I doubt Hank and Logan and the other teachers will ever allow something like this to happen again." 'I hope...' he added in his thoughts
Jasmine listened, it was certainly true, when she thought about it. She had seen all the news reports, heard all the debate shows and topics online. People did not like mutants. She had just never really experienced it before... it felt a little bad of her to complain to someone who had dealt with it their whole life... so she just nodded. A hundred questions bubbled under her head, problems that he could help with, shedding, tails, sensations... but... now didn't feel like the right time.

She just offered that smile again, "Well, hey, we're here and they're gone now, right? Way it sounds, you at least were lucky to miss out on that whole thing. It's Christmas time in like a week... and there's plenty to be thankful for. Whatever happens in future..." She thought, just imagining... if such a thing could happen again... "Then we'll figure that out as it comes along, right? Isn't that like half of what being a mutant means in figuring out life?" She snirked, lifting her tail up to illustrate.
Ansul gave a chuckle before lifting his hand. He sat there for a bit and then went "Tadah!" as ice flowed from his veins tot he tips of his fingers and crystallized as a ball of ice with a snowflake pattern inside it. He then put it on the table. "If you can do cool stuff like this, you'd think it'd be easier to figure out." he said, still chuckling, curling his tail around himself. "But yer right, I should feel lucky I missed out on it." He was warming up to her and he liked her, she seemed very optimistic.
The foxgirl leaned forward, watching on, seeing the ice building and assembling, she wanted to see it closer, but wasn't about to get up just now after the effort it had taken already to get to this room and sit down...
She looked at the ice orb and grinned, "That IS pretty cool." A blink. "Pun seriously not intended. So..." She thought, trying to come off of the topic quickly, "What do you like to do for fun?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ansul stepped out of the snow, gave a sigh at his now fully collapsed castle and shook himself out violently before picking up the towel and drying himself on, putting on a black shirt that he didn't bother to button and slid his dark jeans over himself. He did this sort of hidden from view in a corner, assuming that this early in the morning there'd be no one. He had spent the night in a snow shelter... cause he felt like it and wanted to try it. He was, for once, freezing and he enjoyed the feeling a lot. But his body was telling him to heat up. Soup would do the trick. When he heard the voices in the common room his ears perked up and he turned his head. He heard the clatter and scrape of a crutch and figured out who it was and smiled. He liked Jasmine, her optimism was infectious. Barefoot, he silently walked to the kitchen first, seeing a person sitting near the coffee machine and just giving a little nod before grabbing himself a can of soup and heating it up. He then snuck with the lil pot of soup into the common room and looked at Jasmine, rolled his eyes at her ice cream creation and then at Alex, whom he did not know yet, gave a bit of a shrug and sat down on the nearest sofa. He was pretty sure he wouldn't be allowed to eat soup in this room so he was eating a bit rapidly, remaining silent. He half watched the news ad half was thinking wishfully about christmas. 'Gifts...' he thought and gave a bit of a smirk. Would be the first time that he'd be in a place with multiple people. He then froze for a second. 'Gifts! Oh no!' He didn't have gifts for anyone else either...

Jazzfox

zadkiel ilwe

iiCrimsonR0se

Handsome Punching Bag

»Hermes,« ││

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TjaardarturEllefsen

location; Umen base -> Xavier mansion, his room
                                                                    company; Everyone -> No one
                                                                    ooc; lmao god i apologize for this. i decided to split up the post so here's pt. 1
                                                                    ⋟──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Tjaard had been pulled out by Kaiser and immediately wrapped up tight in a blanket passed to him by one of the Xmen. He'd kept his eyes focused downwards until the press of Hank's furry paw to his head made him glance upward. Looking at his teacher's face, it finally struck him that he was saved- that he was going home.

His eyes stung as he was ushered into the jet by an unfamiliar black-haired mutant. He blinked rapidly, saving the happy tears for his bedroom and his pillow. During the flight back he kept his eyes on the ground, becoming painfully aware of the grimy state he was in. Trapped in a cell by himself with the belief he was going to die, dirt was not an issue. But his wings had grown oily and he could see the dirt buildup under his nails and on the tips of his fingers. A shower was definitely first priority as soon as he returned to the mansion. It was sort of a relief and a useful distraction to be thinking about his state of cleanliness as opposed to anything else. It was also a relief to have a blanket to wrap up and hide in during most of the trip.

When he returned home he was ushered to the medical ward and had to wait around for those in more serious condition to be examined before he was looked at. Nothing showed up on his examination beyond undernourishment, which was pretty much the case across the board. Inwardly he was relieved to know that whatever mystery injection the U-men had given him appeared not to have any effects on his body.

As soon as he was dismissed from medical and had had a quick bite to eat he darted off to take a shower, his feet tingling oddly under the impact of his own body weight. He ignored it, stripping quickly and stepping in to hot, soothing water. Immediately he opted to sit down, breathing deep and closing his eyes. For a long time he just let the warm water relax his muscles and put his body at ease.

Finally he took on the task of getting himself clean, starting with his hair and saving his wings for last. When he finally got to his wings he started with the top pair and worked his way down, pausing to examine the wings situated above his ankles. Was it just his imagination or had the downy feathers grown further down towards his feet? He ran his fingers over the bone of his ankle, touching the downy covering that looked like feathers but grew like hair from his skin, which was growing whiter under and around the patch of down (not that he could get all that much whiter).

He decided to ignore it, the emotional weight of this discovery was too much for him to tackle after the events of the past week. Drying off and brushing his teeth very thoroughly, he made his way to his room and flopped down on his bed without bothering to get dressed. On top of everything else it'd been an entire week since he'd been laid. He'd have to remedy that after he got a couple more meals and a good sleep along with a few naps.

His pillow was so soft and his bed was so warm, it took very little for the stinging in his eyes to return. This time he let the happy tears come.

- Continued -

t h exxxw i n g e dxxxm u t a n tx!

Otherworldly Bibliophile

20,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Timid 100
User Image

Where: X-Mansion. Her Room -> Kitchen.
With: Everyone in the kitchen.
OOC: New post layout yay~ Also, Bambi will have her arms bare until the next time skip. She's also looking very much like Ares right now due to her not getting a lot of sleep.

outfit theme

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

xXx The following two weeks proved to be taxing for the curly haired mutant. She found herself having to take painkillers, headache medicine, and use her cloaking ability more often to alleviate her constant aches and pains. Seeing the state of those taken when they were brought back was also unsettling. Undernourished, dirty, broken bones, not to mention the trauma… the list went on.

xXx Seeing the state of her peers had been frightening. Not because of what the U-men were capable of, but because it could have easily been her in any one of their place. Or worse, they could have taken Siv before she could go back with Dr. McCoy. The thought of what they could have done to the older mutant woman made Bambi feel sick to her stomach.

xXx Bambi had volunteered to help with redressing wounds once she had been able to catch one of the adults' attention. She had been asked to redress the wounds of a new student, Jasmine Smith, since they were both girls and the bandages that mainly needed redressing were where her broken ribs were. From there, the two had bonded over a mutual love of 'boring old books,' and had started trading books between themselves and chatting about the various media that followed. Bambi had admitted to never having seen Elementary nor BBC Sherlock, which Jasmine seemed eager to rectify.

User Image

xXx Bambi yawned as she finished getting dressed. Already her arms were aching which wasn't helped by her lack of sleep the past two weeks. She kind of wished for the freedom from her mutations she had experienced during the initial attack by the U-men.

xXx She slipped on her shoes while entertaining that thought. If she were to negate her own powers with aid from the armor, she could easily go around as a 'normal' human. No more having to cloak to not read anyone's mind accidentally. No more ugly red writing carved into her flesh. No more annoying alarm at the slightest hint of danger. No more fear.

xXx "That sounds lovely," she smiled sleepily. She yawned again before making her way downstairs to the kitchen. She was happy to see Jasmine already there, eating breakfast with the other furred mutant -'Ansul' if she remembered correctly- and a tall -man? woman? she wasn't sure- standing near the coffee pot.

xXx Bambi made her way over to the toaster, making herself some toast with jam. "'Scuse me," she murmured before pouring herself a cup of coffee and adding a bit of creamer. She then moved out of the tall mutant's space and relocated herself to the table.

-x-----------------------------------------------&

Jazzfox

MiquL

Zadkiel ilwe

Shy Shapeshifter

User Image

(.xX-MENx.)
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[xThemex]ooo[xCombat Training Instructorx]
xxx
LOGAN

❝WOLVERINE❞

W H E R E ?: Tatum's room
                                        W I T H ?: Tatum
                                        O O C: Hey.. I'm not sure how to properly apologize for leaving like that... I've just had alot on my mind and my posts came out weird and bad so I gave up trying for along time.. but I'm back now and with the slower pace of the rp I'll be sure to try to post at least the minimum amount unless I've been quoted in someone's post so I don't hold anyone up anymore, but I do have to work so don't expect a reply in the same day ^^;;

Adding some Malefica and Sophie parts just incase I don't get their posts up today.

After their plan had been organized, even though it was out of his comfort zone, Logan begrudgingly agreed to work with the Brotherhood to get back their students. After Ororo's storm knocked out their signals and defenses the burly man charged in the base along side Acaid to break out the mutants being held in the cryo chambers. Remembering the other times he's had to rescue people from these U-men hellhole laboratories he went to the panels first to make sure it was safe to pull them out of them. The Chamber expelled the air drawing the attention of a few U-men , "Hey bub can ya cover me?!" the Canadian barked at the Irish man nodded looking unamused, though it didn't matter they needed to get these people out of here. As soon as the hissing of air stops the door opened revealing the small frame of one of his students Sophie. He was a bit surprised that she was put in cryo, but he didn't have time to think about it as he caught her limp figure

Unsure of what to do he gently placed her over his shoulder and went to the other tubes releasing the people inside. They he got to Tatum's tank, He took a moment to adjust the hybrid on his shoulder, she was surprisingly heavy for a such a petite girl. When the tank finally opened the burly man braced himself for the heavy lizard woman to qwop into his arms. He grunted trying to keep the two females from falling on the ground until he felt Sophie being lifted from his shoulder. A animalistic growl escaped his throat until he saw it was only Acaid assisting him. He was thankful for that, Tatum would be enough of an armful without the awkwardly heavy girl to deal with as well. After successfully pulling her up she began ot stir alittle, weird, but some people took the cryo process better than others, even though he saw Sophie beginning to stir in Acaid's grip.

-------------------------------------------------------

It had been two weeks since all the mutants were recovered from the U-men base and there had been no progress made. Some were handling the experience better than others. Sophie was a good example, though she always seemed weird to him. She acted like it didn't even happen, though if you asked her about it she would acknowledge the incident, but quickly change the topic to something else. Malefica was in the same boat as Tatum, both women shut them selves out Tatum falling into a huge depression and Malefica barely spoke. Currently Logan was trying to help the only one he knew how to help out as he handed Tatum another beer he sat down next to her slumped over figure.

"Hey c'mon pumpkin cheer up, we all made it out ok. Noone's hurt.. well. y'know noone's dead. We all made it back okay and that's what matters." he spoke gently to her as his hand rubbed circles on her back trying to coax her out of her depression. Drinking the pain away was something Logan had done since the beginning of his life, it never took it all away, but it was enough to help him get through the tough times. It seemed to Help Tatum at times, but not by much, She'd talk about her kids and how they died, how she almost lot them again. How she'd never be safe, how no matter what they'd always find her and drag her back to that room. Tried as he might the Canadian didn't seem to get through to her that it wouldn't happen again. He wouldn't let them find her again, but that was a mostly empty promise. He wouldn't let them take her again, but he couldn't exactly say that they wouldn't find her again since they found her at the most obvious place for a mutant to be in this town.

Handsome Punching Bag

»Hermes,« ││

TjaardarturEllefsen

location; x
                                                                    company; x
                                                                    ooc; pt. 2
                                                                    spoiler for post ahead!!!
                                                                    his feet look similar to these, but without the toe pads (so only the heel and heart pad, making them a little more birdlike!).

ALSO SORRY FOR THIS MONSTER ???
                                                                    ⋟──────────────────────────────────────────────────

The next two weeks Tjaard worked his hardest to fall back into his typical routine and just push aside what had happened. His goal was to think about it as little as possible and for the most part he'd succeed. But every so often the images of the U-men and that dank cell, the operating room, Tatum in cryo, would sneak into his brain during idle time and catch him off-guard. He sought out distractions wherever he could, spending lots of time decorating and in the bedrooms of other students.

His clipped wings prevented him from being able to fly, and it would still be a solid couple of weeks before the feathers grew back in and he would be able to do anything more than fly. It was frustrating, but with the weather the way it was flight wasn't much of an option for him regardless. The snow was a tiny solace in that sense. And with winter break he wouldn't have to worry about training, either.

As soon as he'd had the opportunity he'd gone to visit Tatum, to make sure she was alright. He'd been wrapped in her arms and inspected thoroughly for damage, then squeezed once more. Tjaard assured her multiple times that yes, he was fine, he was alright. The first time he tried to detach from her and get back to decorating he was squeezed tighter as Tatum begged him to stay. He relented, quietly resting his head on her shoulder and remaining there for quite some time. At last he had to disconnect for dinner, although he felt a pang of guilt at leaving her alone. For the most part he avoided everyone else who'd been involved with the Umen, the exception to this being Jasmine. He was glad to see that she seemed to be making a speedy recovery and during the weeks between the escape and Christmas eve he made a point to commend her for her daring, if not stupid, escape plan. Emmett, on the other hand, he took extra steps to avoid. The things he'd yelled to him had admittedly made him uncomfortable and for the time being he was opting to find other bed partners and just not deal with it.

Another thing he'd been avoiding it the down spreading across his feet. He was avoiding that hurdle as well, putting off talking to Hank about it on the basis that Hank was busy with other former U-men captives. Not paying attention to whether or not it worsened was probably a bad choice, but he wasn't the best at thinking ahead.

-

On Christmas eve he awoke to a severe aching pain in the bones of his feet. He'd made a habit of sleeping in socks the past week; a means of avoiding the problem of his rapidly mutating feet, but now he stripped them off. It seemed overnight the downy fuzz had spread across the entirely of his foot and a little further up his calves. His toes had shifted shape and grown long talons and the ache in his bones was clearly a result of the shifted structure of his feet. Frantic, Tjaard ran his fingers over his feet, inspecting the structure and the strange downy fuzz he had been avoiding for two entire weeks. It stopped at the wings near his ankles, although the white skin traveled several inches further up his calf and gradated outward in a spotted pattern. He poked the end of the talons with the tip of his fingers, nervous and unsure that he was awake and not dreaming. Were these feet a result of that injection the Umen had given him? His hands shook and he breathed deep, slowly flexing his toes to make sure that, although they were beyond weird, they still functioned.

There was no going back from this point, so he decided he needed to make sure he could walk. Tentatively, he placed one foot on the floor and then the other, slowly shifting his weight onto them. Standing he could do, although he was displeased to find it more comfortable and nature to stand digitigrade than anterograde. First Tjaard took a couple steps around the room on the front pads of his feet, making sure he was mobile before trying to see if he would be able to walk normally. Next came the step of lowering his heels to the ground. The first few steps were awkward and he constantly felt like he was going to trip over his own toes, but it wasn't something he couldn't work with. Sighing, he resolved to talk to Hank about it later that day and decided to hide it for now. He was beginning to learn emotional avoidance probably wasn't the best tact in all situations. But it was the only coping mechanism he was any good at.

Getting dressed, he examined the spaces between his toes one last time before sliding his feet into a pair of boots. They had grown a little bit, which meant curling his toes inward just slightly, but it wasn't a terribly uncomfortable fit. He really didn't want any of the teachers or students finding out about his feet until he'd sorted the situation out for himself. Shoes made walking a little harder, but he managed to get down the hall and the stairs without too much trouble.

Normally his first stop would have been the kitchen, but the sheer number of people kept him away from it for the time being. Although he was highly extroverted, his new mutation was making him feel a little withdrawn. Instead, he followed the sound of the TV, sitting down on the couch next to Alex. Glancing over, he couldn't help but think the black-haired mutant seemed vaguely familiar. He'd seen him around the school a few times in the past two weeks, but had he been involved with the Umen in some way? Tjaard had been a little too inward-focused at the time to really remember much of the other people around him. "Good morning! I don't think we've been introduced, I'm Tjaard," He chirped, smiling at the older mutant. "Ah...and happy Christmas Eve," He added, smile widening sheepishly. He'd been so caught up in his feet mutation that he'd almost forgotten what day it was.

t h exxxw i n g e dxxxm u t a n tx!

iiCrimsonR0se
]]
۩ ۞
۩ ۞Mood:Neutral
۩ ۞Company:Tjaard
Mocking Birdx
User Image
Alex watched the news report switch to some christmas special and he sighed wishing he had family to spend it with. He noticed some more people come in who seemed to be mutants like Hank who in a sense were furry. He thought furry mutants were kind of cute in a way. Alex wondered what kind of powers they would have. His time at the academy was very interesting. If it was one thing they had it was family like the Brotherhood had with each other. He himself wished he could feel that way towards other people or even have that. The only people he had was Chase and Bryan. Alex felt a bit alone for the two weeks since he felt that Chase and his Dad should spend the holidays together and knew that with everything that went on the both of them needed to spend time with each other and he knew only Bryan could truly be there and comfort Chase since he was his dad.

Alex was a bit jealous of Chase in that aspect that he had family. The only family Alex knew which was his uncle only saw him as a tool to be exploited. He hated people like that and despised being used and for that reason he would never use anyone for his own personal gain since he knows how it felt to be mistreated. He held a tiny bit of concern for his uncle but it was over shadowed by pain and anger. Even though he despised him he couldn't bring himself to fully hate him. He wished he could be emotionally numb and not feel such conflicting emotions but he figured it was part of being human.

Alex jumped a bit when he saw someone sit next to him." Sorry I spaced out. " he said as he turned his body to face the male. It was the same one he was thinking about. He was glad the male was in good spirits despite what he went through." I am Alexander but you can call me Alex. Happy Christmas Eve to you to. I love your head wings I have a pair of my own they are grey." he said as he got up and switched into his mutated form and showed his wings briefly before returning to normal and sitting back down." Don't worry you will fly again soon. So got any plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas? he asked deciding to change the topic. The male seemed cute in a bit of an innocent kind of way. He seemed to almost get lot in his bright blue eyes.
zadkiel ilwe

Alastor Phoenix's Partner

Dapper Loiterer

9,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTHE marigold ▪▪▪ t h a t sings d e m i s eUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX silently r e a c h e s full ▪▪▪ BLOOM

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBy reeling in hatred ANDX sadness
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXWith it's SOUND XXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXAS THE marigold ▪▪▪ t h a t sings d e m i s e
XXXXXXXSEEKS o u t the RAIN t h a t won't FALLXX XXX

XXXXXXIT FALLS INTO A SLEEP IT CAN'T WAKE FROM

XXXXXXTO MAKE SURE THE FLOWER DOES NOT WILT
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX IT SAPS THE NOURISHMENT OUT OF THE DEFIANT EARTH xxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX xxxxTHE ECHOING FUNERAL REQUIEM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX D ISSOLVES INTO THE DRY WINDxxxx

{outfit}
                                                        Staying up until the break of dawn was quickly becoming a bad habit of hers. For the past three nights she had worked through the night on various Christmas presents she hadn't had time to finish before the chaos had broke out. She always gave her friends presents, the majority of them were home made and a few were bought. She looked to the pile of rapped presents and let out a sigh, she just had a few more stitches to do on Bambi's present and then she'd be done. She quickly turned back to the project and with her quick well rehearsed fingers finished the project within seconds. She let out a happy giggle, as she began to fold the present and wrap it. Maybe next year she'd buy most of the presents, but she would probably have a bit more time next year. Hopefully chaos wasn't as prevalent as it was this year.

With wobbly legs she gathered up the pile of presents, she didn't bother to change out of her cloud covered nightgown, she'd be going to sleep as soon as she handed out all the presents anyway. She'd head to the kitchen first, her favorite place, there was bound to be a few of her friends there. She carefully made her way to the kitchen, where she immediately spotted Bambi, her current BFF. She dropped the pile of presents onto the table and then began to search through the pile for Bambi's present. “Bambi, good thing your here. I have a present of you.” her eyes wandered over to Alxeandre but they quickly snapped back to the pile of presents. They used to be friends, well at least she thought they had been friends, when Alexeandre was still part of the X-men. She didn't really want to make eye contact with Alexeandre. She eventually found Bambi's present, it was wrapped in snowflake decorated wrapping paper. It was an apron, she made her self just for Bambi, it took her longer then usual since she decided to embroider the girls name on it. “It'll come in handy when you help me out in the kitchen.” Siv said with a laugh.

(( Short Post is Short))

BobtailedDumpling

zadkiel ilwe

Quote:

Handsome Punching Bag

User Image

Ѧɭeӿαndґe
██ҽmiɭe Desϲoteαux
x

████████████████████████xx

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Xavier Kitchen
                                                ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Jasmine, Bambi, Siv
                                                ᴏᴏᴅ: Content, tired -> a little uncomfortable and still tired
                                                ᴏᴄ: x

⋟────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Alexandre had brought his bowl over to the sink and was rinsing it out when he heard the clack of Jasmine's crutches. He glanced over his shoulder to get a look at her when she spoke, giving her a small and brief smile in greeting. He was surprised by her appearance- partially because he had not seen a fox-like mutant before and partially because of how tiny and beat up she appeared. Despite her injuries Jasmine appeared to be in a good mood, Alexe found himself slightly envious. She asked him what was good to eat and he had been close to answering, but decided against it when she made for the fridge. In all honesty he'd been on a pretty strict cereal and fruit diet the past two weeks and the only time he opened the fridge was to get milk. He hadn't even really opened the fridge at all the previous day.

He grabbed a mug and poured himself coffee as she asked him about the holidays. Alexe paused, his brain working unusually slow as he processed what she had just- Christmas. He'd forgotten about it entirely. The lack of attention he'd paid to the decorations in the school and the month itself was impressive even to him. He wondered if he should have gotten Zaphora a present. "I used to spend the holidays here...but it's been a while," Alexe responded, turning to her as he stirred milk into his coffee. "I'm Alexe...I'm afraid I couldn't tell you much...the Xmen provide a good family, though." His voice sounded raw and unfamiliar to him. Still, it was comforting to have a normal, relaxed conversation with a stranger.

He watched as she seemed to struggle mentally with the logistics of getting herself and her plate over to the table in order to eat. Alexe stiffened a little, glancing down at her plate before making eye contact with her again in order to gain permission to move it. Stepping over to her, he took her plate and set it down at the table before returning to the spot by the coffee maker wordlessly.

Another furry, animal-like mutant entered the kitchen but made little conversation and left without much interaction. He appreciated the normalcy of the light traffic, the conversation. It had been a long time since Alexe had had the experience of breakfast at the mansion and he was appreciating the nostalgia of it. Shortly after Ansul left another student trailed into the kitchen, moving carefully around him as she made her breakfast. She looked astoundingly like Ares and he couldn't help but stare a moment longer than he probably should have before he snapped his attention back to his coffee.

He tapped his fingers thoughtfully on his mug, considering conversation with Jasmine and what other advice he might offer her as a former teacher. His thoughts were interrupted when Siv showed up, dropping a large pile of presents onto the kitchen table. The tall mutant straightened himself, an awkwardness seeping down his spine and settling firmly in his gut. The risk of seeing someone he'd known before he left the institute was something he was aware of, but the actual experience was no less uncomfortable because of it. He stared down at his coffee mug, glancing over briefly to watch the pleasant interaction between Siv and Bambi before drawing his attention over to Jasmine again.

Even in his discomfort, Alexe couldn't help but think that this place really did feel like it was the home of a family.

[ ε ʀ ε в ѻ ʂ ]x

Je suis d'un pas rêveur le sentier solitaire,
                                    J'aime à revoir encor, pour la dernière fois,
                                    Ce soleil pâlissant, dont la faible lumière
                                    Perce à peine à mes pieds l'obscurité des bois!

Theme Outfit

Jazzfox
User Image

Theme

Company: alone

There is a beast....

User Image

Dakota was currently outside in the hedge maze. It would seem that everyone had gotten back safely which was a good thing. Though he was seriously thinking if this place was actually safe to stay at. Maybe this had been a fluke and nothing like this would ever happen again. He hope that was the case cause if it did end up happening again at the school then this place was anything but safe. He had a lot to thing about though a thought did cheer him up a bit. It was the fact that it was Christmas Eve and he had gotten gifts for his family before he came to the mansion. He would call them tommorro to tell them where they where at since he did hide them pretty well. At that moment a gust of wind blew up some snow that whirl around him. ~I might want to go ahead and head inside even with my winter fur this is starting to get just a bit cold staying out here.~ Where his thoughts as he exited the maze.

occ:.

.....inside all of us

[/align

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

outfit theme

W H E R E ?: Kitchen
                    W I T H ?: "Alexe" and half the house.
                    O O C: Edit: Wow, I was so out of it posting this I just left it as 'Text' earlier XD

The foxgirl's ears perked at Alexe's reply. "Oh?"

She offered her own smile and nod to Ansul as the feline-rabbit hybrid passed through, a cursory glance at the window as she pondered about the castle that he'd been talking about making. One thing that was evident was that it was getting a bit busier now, the kitchen becoming a central hub of activity now.

She only imagined what the place would be like later, when she smiled to Bambi as well, seeing her fellow bibliophile greeting the day, she had to wonder if there wasn't something they could do together to celebrate maybe. With all the U-Man insanity of late and the holidays, it seemed at least the staff weren't keen to start classes anytime soon.

The week of healing, she had taken a few exams, mostly proficiency items to test what she did or didn't know, but other than that things had been lax and the kids had mostly been able to have fun together with one another. It was nice.

It was what she needed after everything that had happened.

She smiled back to Alexe. "Family. It's a good way of putting it I guess.

"I honestly think I've talked to more people here in one week than in my whole life back home, and everyone's been pretty warm and welcome."

She blinked, noting his eyeline to her plate and her, and sheepishly grinning in return as if to ask without saying aloud, but there he popped the rather un-wintry concoction down on the table for her, before she'd make her way round, and after a few moments struggle with a disagreeable chair, settled herself down with a grateful sigh and a nod back to Alexe, "Thanks, I decided to be awkward.

"Couldn't have broken like the opposite arm."
                    The foxgirl snirked, holding up the casted wrist and wiggling fingers before grabbing a spoon, her tail visibly swaying behind her, looking to Bambi as well settling down with her own toast and with the inclusion of an elder woman - one of the teachers? - she went a little quiet, almost guiltily trying to hide her plate for a second, but whatever fear seemed quickly averted as the teacher presented Bambi her present.

With that, Jasmine happily scooped a generous dollop of ice cream onto her spoon, plopping it on a pancake, then cutting the thing apart with a practised ease with the spoon's edge, curling it over like a little sandwich, then plopping it into her mouth and chewing, the gooey sensation, the chocolate, the nuts. My it was heaven.

Ready to tuck in afresh, she took a moment at least to nudge Bambi with an elbow, "Congratulations on getting first gift today, huh?

"Promise I'll have something for you later, but you'll have to wait for that one later!"

The vixen winked, returning to her meal and noticing that the other mutant - Alexe - was watching patiently enough, it felt plenty rude squeezing him out of the conversation here, so she quickly looked for a way back in, the first thing that could spring to her mind as she thought of his earlier reply before everything had become a little sidetracked...

"Appreciate the answers anyhow, I think I'm mostly making up things as I go along here myself, it feels weird when I wasn't sure what to expect coming here, but everyone seems to be getting along okay with one another here today.

"You said you'd been here previous Christmasses..."
                    There was the wagging tail again, "Anything we can look forward to?"

User Image

zadkiel ilwe
Plum_Duchess
BobtailedDumpling

Otherworldly Bibliophile

20,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Timid 100
User Image

Where: Kitchen
With: Alexe, Jasmine, Siv
OOC: Wanted to display more of Bambi's cloaking ability and her lack of training with her powers, mainly with her reading ability. How her cloaking ability works: During the time she is cloaked the eye 'forgets' she's there and the mind 'forgets' that there is a telepath near-by. This only lasts from the time she begins to cloak, to the moment she 'drops' it. Mostly used to give her some peace from thoughts, though she'll get hangover level headaches after too long. Her sent and sound are not masked, and if one were to bump into her they'd still feel her.

outfit theme

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

xXx With something in her stomach and a mug of coffee in front of her, Bambi had no reservations in taking a few ibuprofen pills. She ignored the stare she was getting from the person near the coffee pot. Instead, she gave Jasmine a sleepy smile and a quiet 'good morning'.

xXx She was out of it up until Siv had dropped her pile of gifts onto the table. “Bambi, good thing you're here. I have a present for you,” The older woman had glanced over at the other adult in the room, which prompted Bambi's curiosity over who the person was to Siv. The curly haired girl was given a gift wrapped up in snowflake print. “It'll come in handy when you help me out in the kitchen.”

xXx "Thank you, Siv," Bambi gave another smile as she accepted the gift. She set it down beside her. "I'll open it when I'm a little more awake."

xXx "Congratulations on getting first gift today," Bambi turned her attention to her newest friend. "Promise I'll have something for you later, but you'll have to wait for that one later!" Bambi blinked, gulped down the last of her coffee to help wake herself up, then gave a devil's grin to the populace in the kitchen.

User Image

xXx "Just wait until you all get the stockings," Bambi got up to get a second cup of coffee. She half listened to the stories and tales being shared, more focused on trying to wake up. When she was finally more coherent, she was unpleasantly surprised to find her arms covered in small thoughts, aching, and getting worse.

xXx "Uhg. Sorry," She mumbled, trying to ignore the red writing on her arms. "Excuse me fore a moment..." She took a deep breath in and closed her eyes.

xXx When she let her breath out, she was gone from view. She was still sitting in the chair, still in the kitchen. Only now she was invisible to the eye/mind of everyone there. She sighed as she rubbed her arms, trying to relieve the ache. She couldn't stay for long, part because she'd get a massive headache, part because it made people nervous, and tiny bit in part of the idea of someone coming in and sitting on her. Another breathe, and she was 'back'.

xXx "Sorry 'bout that," She gave them a smile, mostly to relieve any worry Siv might have. 'I really need to talk with Dr. McCoy about that armor idea.'

-x-----------------------------------------------&

Plumb_Duchess

Jazzfox

zadkiel ilwe

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items