Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Hunter

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

*inuyasha could see the irritation on kikyou's face but then again she wasnt really hiding it from him. Something must have happened in the battle to make her seem so angry, maybe it has to do with the fact that sango defeated the demon and not her? He mentally shook his head knowing there had to be more to it but he wasnt going to pry and demand she tell him kikyou didnt work that way and even if she did he still wouldnt. He would wait and let her vent to him about what was truly wrong she usually she ends up doing so anyway for now though he was going to humor her.
hmm i guess the monk must of been sought out like sango was....maybe theyll finally get their crap together so i can show kagome the freakin hut already

so the battle went well then i take it?

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Distinct Seeker

3,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

User Image

I presume it did. I did not linger to watch the end of the battle, however, it was clear they would have the upper hand in the fight. My stay at the battle any further would had proven to only a burden and not an aid therefore I moved onto other tasks then returned here.

...I had noticed an area of battle nearby here. Based on the aura lingering it appeared as a fight between you and Ryo. Had Kagome placed the beads on him?

[Kikyou didn't want to discuss in detail the concepts of that battle. She still hadn't figured out why her arrows proven so useless. Had she become weak or has the enemy become beyond her skill from she lived before. Either answer would not be enjoyed. She did not to let Inuyasha to see her as an incapable Priestess therefore she persuaded the discussion toward another factor. It was a means of diversion, however, she was also concerned to find that Inuyasha and Ryo had battled. Just how wild was the young imp anyway]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Company and Location:
forest of inuyasha.

Interesting Hunter

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

yea something like that....

*he sighed in irratation recalling that annoying ordeal of chasing that idiot imp across half of japan and then having to save kagome from him. To only have to kick the imps a** to get those stupid beads on him. He still had obvious tears in his kimono from the demons ice spears that he had yet to take care of that were now brought back to his attention. The rips and tears werent to bad but with his luck one more fight and hed loose his kimono*

*he paused taking in her expressions, as he was explaing what happened earlier he could tell she was only half way paying him mind. taking in a breath the next thing he said came out in a quiet whisper as he walked by her sitting down at the base of the tree resting up against it. He didnt dare admit it outloud by his body was beginging to feel heavy after todays "adventure" *

You're not a burden to anyone.....

*getting comfortable his gaze met her eyes once more a serious expression on his face*

oh speaking of those beads, kagome and I needed to talk to you about them....were they supposed to send him crashing to the ground like mine?

*he held his necklace up by his claw curiosty effident in his voice*

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Seon-Sama's Wife

Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100

User Image

The antics of the two behind them wasn't going unnoticed. Shaking her head slightly, a smirk appeared on Kara's face...Hikari certainly liked to mess with her mate. The poor guy.

By this point, Kara was once more aiding Seon in standing/walking - he'd used up too much energy communing with the imps back at the chamber, so now he had to lean on her once again. It's not that she minded...but, with him being so close, it was hard not to notice just how much he'd grown, and how his scent had changed from when he was younger. However, no matter how much he changed externally, this was still her childhood friend. It was just hard, getting used to this new appearance...

Leaning his weight into Kara for support as they traveled up the narrow passage back to the castle's main floor, Seon was too preoccupied to pay attention to the imps behind them. Even though it had been quite a long time since they'd been together, Seon could still easily read Kara's face like a book - and right now, he could tell something was on her mind. She almost seemed a bit flustered by their close proximity...maybe all those years in confinement made his scent offensive? It's not like he could exactly bathe there, after all...No, if that was the case even he would have been able to tell. He was more conscious of his own scent then that.

Thinking back to their times together, Seon thought of the day the Yami Inus attacked Kara's home...just before that happened, they'd been at their old tree, talking...she was worried that if a war ever broke out, they'd have to fight each other...and he'd promised he'd protect her, no matter what. He remembered the light shade of pink that had flushed to her cheeks when he made that bold statement...
Glancing at Kara now, even in the dim light of her flames, he could swear her cheeks looked a bit flushed, as they had then. But, perhaps that was just because she was different in general now...she'd become a woman while he was gone, and a gorgeous one at that. It made him a bit self conscious, to be honest...he shook it off soon though, since feeling like that was silly...there was no reason, right?

Sliding his eyes towards her, Seon spoke up quietly enough so the two behind wouldn't hear, "You've really grown to be quite beautiful, Kara...I'm sure that Inutaisho's fluffball of a son can barely stay away..." He wasn't quite sure where that second part came from...was he jealous..? After all, they had been engaged, her and Sesshoumaru...for political reasons, sure, but still...

Seon's comment had completely caught her off guard. Unable to stop herself, her cheeks flushed red, as she uttered a quick response, "T-thank you, Seon...but, I'm afraid that's not the case, any longer...once father died, the engagement was annulled, as I had to take over these lands. He only visits if absolutely necessary, for treaty business..." Even as he sheepishly apologized for his comment, she could see the visible air of relief around him...was he worried she was mated..?
Between this thought, and what he'd said, she felt embarrassment wash over her anew...

Just as she was about to say something, a thump was felt on her back, causing her to stumble slightly since she was a bit off-guard after Seon's comment. Seon managed to keep her steady, while the two looked behind them now, seeing Hikari with a raised/exasperated brow at her mate, and a very disturbed Yasou...Looking at Hikari, Kara could see a small smirk on her face, meaning she must have messed with him in some way, making him worried about something.
As she was about to ask if he was ok, Kara was once again cut off as the familiar voice of her healer was heard from up ahead.

"Hurry up with my patient! I smell a weakened dog with you..."

"Hai, we're coming~" With that, the group quickly made it out of the passage back into the castle. Once inside, the passage sealed shut once more, just as it was when they arrived earlier with the hopes of finally succeeding in Kara's mission...and they had.

Kara could only smile briefly, before her attention was brought back to the present. The next series of events seemed to go by in a blur - the old woman practically drug Seon to the healing chambers, borderline molesting him as she half-demanded, half-forced his clothes off to do a full inspection (with the trio waiting outside, of course), before she did a youki transplant, to help get Seon back on track with creating his own youki at a normal pace, rather then his more dormant pace from being sealed away, and then the old lady telling Kara she needed to get their new guest some decent clothes...she could practically hear Seon whimpering from whatever the old woman had done to him, so she decided time was of the essence for this...
Summoning the spider yokai she had in her employ, she ordered them to tailor Seon something to wear, per his wishes. The ladies got to work fast, and after a few hours they'd made him the custom outfit he had requested.

By now it was late into the afternoon, and as the group ate the food her chefs prepared, Kara and the imps got Seon up to speed on current events - the imps mainly chiming in on their current problem, Kuroshiro and his minions. All the while, the male Yami Inu wore a serious expression, concern over this new enemy evident. Soon after they'd finished catching him up, Seon asked if he could help in this battle. Kara was a bit hesitant at first, but with a bit of reassurance from Hikari, Kara agreed that it could be a good idea - after all, Seon controlled darkness. It could possibly an asset, especially now that he was almost fully recovered from his ordeal. Once it was decided, Seon asked to be excused...

Devoted Slayer

Three months forward, elsewhere

User Image

*The weather that day was absolutely beautiful. The sun was warm and hung high, accompanied by a gentle breeze. It was enough to lighten anyone’s mood. In theory, anyway.

Kira’s legs swung against the large rock she sat on, watching her mother figure deftly untie the knot of her traveling shawl. She withdrew from it a leaf wrapped rice ball, which she’d attained from the village they left this morning. Handing it to the girl, she pet her head and walked off without a word.*

Arigato, Haha-ue!

*The wolf called after her, then took a large mouthful of her lunch. She chewed with puffy cheeks, doe eyes watching curious as Sango slipped from view. When the woman didn’t return after several minutes, Kira gulped down the rest of her food and turned to the monk sitting beside her*

Ne, I thought we were stopping to rest. How’s Sango-ka-san supposed to relax and eat if she’s just pacing around the forest?

*Miroku could easily tell where his wife had gone, given how the girl’s ears unconsciously tracked her like motion sensors. It appeared she was circling their makeshift camp. What Kira didn’t know what that the monk already had an inkling. Though the taijiya hadn’t said a word since this morning, he could sense something was off through their spirit bond. Despite a calm and uneventful journey her fight or flight instincts were growing stronger by the hour.*

I’ll take her lunch to her.
                                            *Kira struggled for a moment to get down from the rock, then reached for the cloth bag atop it. Before she could grab it the monk’s hand stilled over hers. She blinked up at him, and he shook his head with a subtle smile*

No, let me.

___ User Image

3,500 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Akari

User Image

*Despite being exhausted from their first day back to the Sengoku Jidai, the angel couldn't sleep (Partially due to the snoring angel-imp in the futon on the other side of the room)... Earlier that evening she had volunteered to sleep in the smallest room of the hut with Junkie so the others could take the larger rooms. She would be embarrassed by this, but she had already gotten used to sleeping in the same room as Junkie in The Heavens where they shared a room with the other Angel Guardians, including Kazuki.

Currently, she was sitting up in her futon, gazing around the familiar room of the hut. Sprawled out on the floor was Junkie's Angel Guardian uniform, which annoyed Akari since she instructed him to put it away neatly after they had changed into some of their old clothes that were stashed away in Miroku and Sango's room before bed. This was the same room Junkie used to stay in, and the one he selfishly claimed as his own... Actually, after thinking about this fact for a few moments, she started to blush. Of course, she got over it again.*

*She sighed and thought to herself with a smile* I didn't realize you and Junkie-kun were so alike until we all started training together, Kazuki-kun... *She began reminiscing about their time in The Heavens, a time that wasn't long ago, but seemed that way now... Her smile turned into an expression of sadness at this point* I miss you... I wish you could have came back with us... And, I'll keep my promise to get your halo back....

*She tried laying back down, but then she sensed a familiar aura, and sat up again, looking in the direction of InuYasha's Forest....* Kikyou-sama?... So you've returned... And I suppose InuYasha-san has went out to see you... That's right... InuYasha-san and Kikyou-sama were in love before Naraku tricked them into betraying each other... Sango-san told us about it a while ago. I guess those two have a lot to talk about, and they could use some privacy... *She decided to lay back down again at this point...* Ugh!... I really need to get some sleep!... *She thought...*

User Image

Striking Lover

* The past three months were rather unsettling. With some enervate moments and other uneventful ones, it was hard to tell now when the appropriate time to relax was. Their recent day`s journey had gone nearly flawlessly however. They had even stumbled across a rather wealthy village hidden away from sight just off a beaten mountain pass and they were able resupply and rest for the night. The following day had even seemed to shine without an imperfection.  Unfortunately, Sango showed little to no concern for the day or what it illuminated. If anything, she seemed displeased with it.  From the start, she had awoken rather severed, and despite Kira`s usually pleasant mood, it failed to unsilence her all morning.  Her mood thickly emanated off of her; It was heavy and thick, like viscous sludge weighting him down onto the earth though he knew he felt it more due to their connection. It was unnerving, and caused an irksome pitch between his shoulder blades from how tense he would get. Admittedly, his mind had been wondering far off, he was concerned about Sango and not infestive due to his own thoughts.  Considering things, relaxing was a rather impossible feat at the moment.  

From the shade of a fairly handsome tree, light eyes followed after the taijiya as she stalked away into the cover of a nearby brush.  Miroku shifted in place, aligning his back with the tree trunk he rested against. He hoped the extra inch would give him a good vantage point above the shrubs. Sadly, it didn`t.  His eyes trailed their point of focus, casually glancing up every now and then to the high point of the boulder sized rock to check if his senses were as accurate as Kira`s ears were.  They seemed to be on point, where ever the girls ears would twitch or turn would be where he seemed to concentrate on.  

Kira seemed perfectly content with her lunch, her eyes practically glittering with joy.  The only indication of her being aware that something may be off was that her ears stood at attention. Though she didn`t seem to know as to why exactly her mother figure was so restless, she was nonetheless concerned with her movements.  Miroku`s ears twitched at the light sounds of twigs snapping, or the rustling of a small bush. His eyes narrowed, it had seemed Sango was about to make another lap. As that thought passed, Kira had seemed to have the same one. Miroku`s ears perked at the sound of the wolf`s voice, and he shifted his attentions to his left side. As he turned, he was greeted by the soft bristles of her tail, swishing occasionally back and forth as Kira wiggled her way off and down her perch. She stretched her arms above her head for the portion of the lunch that was intended for Sango. 

Shifting his weight to a knee, he stood and patted down his robes from any clinging elements before stilling the girls hand. She eyed him curiously, evidence of the rice ball only remaining around the corners of her mouth. *

No, let me. 

* Her ears flatten briefly, and brows frowning as she threaten to guilt him into allowing her to carry out the task.  He brought his other hand to her eye level, presenting his barely touched rice ball.  Her eyes darted back an forth between their hands and the offering.  Ears suddenly springing up, she swiped it quickly from his hand. Defaulting the cloth bag and its contents to him.  He sighed inwardly, glad that it didn`t take much this time to convince the girl otherwise.  Kira leaned against the rock, shimming her way down to the moss covered grass and mimicking her earlier actions.    *

Stay here, I`ll bring it to her

* She regarded him with nothing more but a hum.  As Sango had done, he patted her head and gathered up the remaining food, side stepping into the middle of the entwined shrubbery.  In the cover, he took a moment consider whether or not he should approach Sango cautiously. Her behavior was reason enough for him to be suspicious. Should need be, and he would have to combat her, he was at least confident in his theories.

He stepped out into the small clearing, bending the stem of a small plant that became victim to his sole. Sango stopped her pensive patrol just a ways from him.  As he quickly regarded her secluded area, he could have sword she had already created a worn path. He eyed her for a moment, and then extended the cloth bag as if it was a white flag. *

You should eat

* Several moments passed—Sango`s gaze remained still, and Miroku refused to move from his spot until she had claimed her meal.  A terrible feeling welled up inside him again. Now that he thought about it, the very path she made didn`t seem too comfortable to stand on.  Refusing to retract his gaze from her Miroku felt a dab of sweat form along the back of his neck, a strange twisted look seemed to form within her eyes for just a split second.  Roots dug into his very soul, weaving into him, unsettling him.  It was familiar, yes, this feeling, but at the same time not quite similar.  This brought him frustration.  He managed to remain calm though, his grip adjusting a tad, and he felt the light sensation of a folded sutra pressed against his chest.  It brought him comfort, for the very few moments that this was all happening, though not as much as it used to.  Finally Sango made a movement, and that large rock crushing him began to lighten off of him a tad.*  

Devoted Slayer

User Image

User Image
User Image

*Morning sickness had been a walk in the park compared to this. Whatever it was. All she knew was that it hung heavy in her lungs from the moment she’d woken up. It was uncomfortable, and infectious to her mood. It left her with the sort of unease she felt the day before Naraku’s demise, looking up at a sky poisoned with shouki. Unable to breathe.

Maybe it was a mistake going to that prominent village. They knew better than to go into populated areas, where the Sakurestu seemed to be drawn. She hadn’t felt this way the morning before. Was it a spiritual attack?*

Get up.

Sit down.

*Sango obeyed her intuition without thought. She couldn’t sit still, even if she wanted to. Walking seemed to put distance between herself and whatever negative energy shrouded her. Staying still was too overwhelming. It made her nauseous. Angry, even.
          But it seemed walking in circles wouldn’t help either. With every lap she took her boots felt heavier, as though the air were glue. It did nothing to alleviate the burning crawl across her skin.*

You should eat

*She recognized his presence at the same moment she heard the snap of the foliage under his feet. She froze at the sound, darting her eyes in his direction. Seconds ticked in silence, and before she knew it the dark cloud had caught up with her. Her muscles went rigid for a split second, eyes wide and honed like a predator.*

Get away from him.
          Tell him what’s wrong.

*She did neither, frozen until he shook the cloth invitingly. She didn’t entirely like the way he held it at arms length,
          as though he were feeding a wild animal. Nonetheless she took a few hesitant steps toward him, extending her hand.*

Take the bag.

With your sword.

*Before she could reach him completely the emerald juzu around her wrist shifted from the movement, catching her eye.
          Perhaps she didn’t realize just how venomously she glared at them. Fingers flinching she withdrew, turning back to resume her walk*

I don’t want it.
          *Her voice was deadpan.*

User Image

Seon-Sama's Wife

Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100

User Image

After being excused, Seon followed his foggy memory of the interior of the castle he remembered from his childhood to his destination: the gardens. Glancing around his surroundings silently, the Inu's gaze fell upon a small bench under some Plum trees. Deciding that would be a good spot to relax, Seon sat down under the calm sway of the trees around him...

A warm spring breeze brushed past Seon, causing his long hair to whip around him gently. In the back of his mind, Seon made a note to get that shortened later, but for now he ignored it and continued to gaze up at the rising moon overhead. This was the first time he'd seen the moon in roughly 300 years...it was almost impossible to think about. However, even after all this time had passed, the moon looked just as it had back when he was still on this earth...the small details of life may have changed, and today's events were obviously different, but nature as a whole hadn't changed while he was gone...the sun and moon were still there, just as always...

But the people...no, the person he left behind had changed. And so had he...he and Kara weren't children anymore. They'd both grown to adulthood now, even if mentally he hadn't quite caught up yet. Kara was, as a Daiyokai, at the age of looking for a mate and producing heirs...no, she was a bit older then that now. This brought Seon back to what he said to her earlier...about her and Sesshoumaru's now annulled arranged marriage. He couldn't deny a part of him was pleased that the two had been forced to cancel due to the situations at the time, but this made Seon wonder why she hadn't moved on to another prospect...he certainly knew those old Ministers that were supposed to keep her in check/take care of things while she was gone had probably said something by now...so why?

Was it his fault..? Did his abrupt disappearance from her life disrupt her so much that until she found him, she couldn't move on with her life..? He hated to sound so egotistical, that everything in her life up till now had been his fault, but he couldn't help but wonder...

So enthralled in his own deep thinking, Seon didn't even notice the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Seon?"

Jolted from his thoughts, Seon looked over to see a curious, yet concerned Kara looking down at him, her hands folded in front of her. He noticed she had removed her armor, and was wearing a simple white haori over her normal red and black kimono. Taking a second to clear his throat (and thoughts), Seon offered the female demoness a slight smile before he responded, "Gomen ne, I didn't hear you coming...what'd you need?"

Clenching her hands slightly, Kara knew she'd made the correct choice in following him. It was odd how he asked to be excused so suddenly, and while walking out here, he never once noticed...she also saw the solemn look on his face, and she knew he must have been deep in thought.
Without a word, Kara walked over and gently sat down beside her childhood friend, joining him in his 'moon-watching'.

Without even saying a word, Seon felt comforted, having Kara by his side like this...he knew she noticed something was up. Just like when they were younger, whenever something was on his mind he'd become oblivious to the world, and just sit there quietly staring at something - and she remembered that. Smiling slightly at this thought, Seon decided it was best to put aside his thoughts from earlier...he knew Kara didn't have a mate simply because she didn't want one - that she would never say it was his fault that she was still alone. And he knew that if Kara ever found out he had even thought such negative thoughts, she would be cross with him. Glad to just be with her now, Seon put aside these negative thoughts to focus on the positive things - like how he could truly start to live again, and that he was finally reunited with his one friend from his past...

Closing his eyes, Seon felt himself awash with a kind of calm he hadn't felt in eons...even though she didn't speak a word, Kara didn't have to - this was the way she'd chosen to comfort him, and it worked perfectly. Disregarding whatever may happen, Seon put aside any thoughts as he leaned his head towards Kara, resting it lightly against the soft fur draped around her shoulders. He only noted briefly that this made a rather nice pillow/headrest, before his mind went blank once more.

Kara was glad that just being beside him was enough to calm Seon down and get his mind off of whatever negativity he had been thinking about...but this was a bit unplanned. When Seon rested his head on her shoulder-fluff, she at first stiffened, but found herself loosening up rather quickly. After all, he'd been through a lot...so this was ok.
Golden eyes softening, Kara felt an almost motherly protective instinct kick in as she looked at her friend's tired facial features. Running on pure instinct mixed with emotions she'd suppressed all these years, the Inu demoness put a hand on the young male yokai's back to comfort him, while she rested her head on top of his lightly. She felt him stir slightly, but he then relaxed further, leaning into her more as he got more comfortable.
Blinking slowly, she couldn't help but smile at his affectionate display...rubbing his back reassuringly, Kara spoke up softly, a layer of emotion lacing her words, "It's good to have you back, Seon...I've missed you."

Feeling his heart clench at her words, Seon's eyebrows drew down slightly from his own emotions as he responded, "Hai...I've missed you too, Kara. Thank you for saving me..." The soft touch of silk encircling him caused him to pause and open his eyes. He was surprised to find that Kara had wrapped her arms around him, holding him tightly.
The next thing he noticed was the sudden scent of salt - even without looking, he could tell that Kara was crying...not much, but enough for him to smell it. Even though he'd been the one sealed away in solitude in the darkness, Kara had been the one left behind with a dead father and a missing friend...and she'd spent the past 300 years looking for him, trying to free him.
Crimson eyes softening, the male Yami Inu carefully shifted himself to sit up, and returned Kara's gesture by wrapping his own arms around her, holding her tightly as he now rested his head on top of hers comfortingly. Her face now pressed against his chest, he could feel Kara's grip tighten around him as her body started to shake slightly. Eyebrows furrowing, Seon was taken aback slightly...He'd never seen Kara display this much emotion up front like this before...this must have been harder on her then he'd realized...

Closing his eyes, he felt his heart pang with what felt like pain over seeing his beloved friend like this...he knew though, that no words would be good enough right now. So, he simply let her cry in silence, holding her tightly as he stroked a hand through her hair gently, all in an effort to comfort Kara while she dealt with her overwhelming emotions she'd been holding back these past 300 years...Kara had held it back all these years, and now she no longer had to. And while she was in this weakened state, he would comfort her and let her have this moment, protecting her while she finally got to work through her emotions.

He would never leave her alone again. That, he promised...

Striking Lover

* Miroku watched as she slowly extended her hand, and he too closed some of the space, approaching her a small bit. She had seemed to be struggling with her self. When she froze, her mind somewhere else, he felt the weight return again. She was distracted by something; something that was hard to retrieve from the crevices of her mind. But, once she riddled her own thoughts, she withdrew quickly. Casting her gaze away. His brow arched questionably when she refused the food and turned away. Voice stony and her body ridged, she caused his concern to swell in chest. Shifting the bags weight, he rose his free hand to touch the back of her shoulder. Just before his finger tips had time to barely brush the fabric of her clothing, she returned to her task. Walking briskly. Miroku gave her a few moments of a head start. He peered over his shoulder, making sure Kira hadn`t grown curious enough to pursue them yet. Luckily, she remained in the same spot, preoccupied by something he could not make out from his view point. He followed after Sango. The crunch of the leaves muffled under the soles of his sandals, his extra weight deepening her path into what could be considered a shallow little trench.

If it wasn`t for her unfaltering rigor, their actions would almost resemble that of the incident with Nushi from some time ago.

She froze for a moment; chocolate strands slowing as she sharply turned just enough eye him sharply from over her shoulder.  In her eyes was a glare, short and stern.  Frustration and exhaustion mixed in a swirling vortex, weaving into her the rich pigments of her irises.  They were locked onto him, threatening that if he were to speak, squeak, or even utter any other word pertaining to his last that she would punish him.  She would even make him regret giving the wrong expression.  Disquiet and still, Sango gave him this very look, the look that was familiar and yet unfamiliar and the small blanket of solace that the known warning should have gave him was not enough to waver his concerns. Though it was a much needed reassurance that she was still there, regardless of it not fully consoling him.

She willed her body forward, taking a heavy step ahead. He debated if it was wise enough to stop her, or to challenge her mood by letting her know he sensed it. Her eyes made it clear it would not be beneficial for him to disturb her much more. He had noticed she was struggling with her self. Her movement were almost not her own, and he was not about to leave her be. Before she put much more distance between them, he turned her by the chip of her shoulder. Forcing her to face him. He made sure to take at least a small step back while doing so. With the bag raised again between them again, he gave her a coaxing look. *

We stopped to rest and eat. You should at least to do one of the two. And you haven`t eaten all morning.

Devoted Slayer

User Image

User Image
User Image

*When he turned her around the uncomfortable feeling within her leapt in an excited frenzy. It darted down her spine, making her stand rigid. It prickled the nerves at her fingertips, causing her to bend them angrily much like their hanyou friend would. It burned deep in her chest, trying to ignite her fighting spirit despite her husband’s innocent gesture.

Something was definitely wrong.

Knowing this too well, though too stubborn to admit it, Sango sent her eyes to the forest floor and avoided his searching gaze.*

I don’t feel well. Doubt if I could keep it down.
          Just eat your lunch and let me be … Please.

*She tried to sound as calm as possible, stepping backwards to strengthen the distance between them. She didn’t understand her own actions. She was a taijiya. It wasn’t at all uncommon to feel lingering hostility from vengeful demons. It was protocol to admit to anything of the sort, so that the slayer party would not be jeopardized with sabotage by a possessed comrade. A spiritualist would be called, and the taijiya would be purified.

Though this was different. They hadn’t slain any powerful, vengeful demons in months. She knew of no incident where something would latch onto her. And even if she wanted his help, just to be on the safe side, she was unable to express it. Something stopped her from speaking, from saying the simple ‘I need help’ that would surely end this overwhelming haze. Negative energy wasn’t capable of such a feat. She knew of only one such magic. A curse.*

By who? And why now?

*Her honey eyes darted across the leaves, leaning against a tree as she tried to make sense of her symptoms.*

User Image

Friendly Pup

User Image

I just want to pet you!

*Kira whined, face buried in a crevice of the large rock. The tiny lizard inside it did not budge, a clear ‘do-not-want’ expression etched across its features. With a defeated sigh she sat back on the grass, her tail thumping disappointedly behind her.

She glanced in the direction her parental figures had gone. The monk had apparently gotten Sango to stand still for a while. But they were murmuring in such hushed, serious tones that Kira didn’t really feel like eavesdropping. Instead she let her mind go blank, enjoying the warm sunlight and the sound of wind passing through the trees.

After a while, the breeze began to play a different song. Her ears twitched curiously at the sound, both straight and honed in the direction of the nearest mountain range. With brief difficulty she managed to scramble onto the rocks again – climbing to the very top until she could see beyond the tree line.

Her eyes fell to Miroku and Sango again, whose heads were just visible through the shrubbery from her vantage point. They didn’t seem to notice. To her the sound was very distracting, and she turned her head back to scrutinize with her eyes.

From over and around the mountaintops emerged little black dots. More and more spilled forth, until they turned their portion of the horizon completely black. She could hear them the closer they advanced, heavy beating wings and a mixture of inhuman voices. Some screeched like birds, others like banshees. All voices were decidedly female, demonic though they were.

They made her hair stand on end.*

Sango-ka-san – Miroku-sama?
                                            *She called out, unable to take her eyes away*
                                            We should leave.
___

Striking Lover

* He swore her eyes flared again. They flickered like the flame of a candle before settling into smoldering embers that waited to erupt. He would have blamed it on the shine of the sun if they had not been concealed in shadows. The unwieldy haze that he had been feeling swelled in his chest again. Causing him to tense some. It had never left that morning- it had just merely simmered into a dormant coating that he had grown used to caring. Only now that they were alone had it demanded attention and that its presence be acknowledged. She stiffened in his grasp, her shoulder tight under his palm and muscles tense as though rigamortis set in. The sudden sound of popping caused him to withdraw his hand quickly, he gazed at the source briefly; finding her fist in a white knuckled grip. When his eyes returned to hers with question, Sango had already cast them to the earth.

Her voice caught his ears, it wasn`t as lifeless as it had been before but it wasn`t hers either. She sounded distracted and anxious . . and something else that
                                    he couldn`t give name to.*

Sango . .

* Miroku reached for her again, but she shrugged back his advance. Stepping away from him. Her honey eyes quivered under the intensity of her gaze never leaving their downcast. They shifted every now and then to a new target on the ground. She looked as though she was waging war within her self. He wanted to console her, to protect her from this but he knew it won`t be so easily undone.

He moved to close the space between them again and as he did so she suddenly broke her pillared stance. Bracing her self against the tree behind her as she still riddled with her thoughts. The unprovoked movement caused him to jerk in her direction out of concern. He shrugged off the nagging twinge of pressure that had been slowly building since she fell silent. He wrote it off as the same one that flared from her gaze earlier. He moved beside her, wanting to make another attempt to coax her, but he was distracted from his intentions by the sound of Kira`s voice. *

'Sango-ka-san – Miroku-sama? '

* He tore his gaze from Sango, tilting his head curiously at the ring of concern that Kira had. Her ears stood proudly in the air. Her shoulders just barely peeking out from above the sea of foliage. She would not look at them. She was fixated on something beyond their line of sight *

'We should leave.'

* Miroku hurried in her direction, crushing an opposing bush under the weight of his forearm to give him a better view at what Kira saw. He froze, almost resembling the young wolf in her stance, a dreaded feeling crawled across his skin as he processed the sight. The rich blue of the sky was tainted with a dark screeching mass that headed for their direction. He cursed himself, realizing he had foolishly ignored his own warning signs and let them become muddled in with his own distractions. *

Kiras right Sango, we should leave now. . * He called back to her, but realized she had not moved from her spot. Nor did she seem concerned with Kiras warning. He glanced over his shoulder in her direction *

. .Sango?

Devoted Slayer

User Image
User Image

User Image
User Image
*Sango’s eyes had lost their focus, staring into space as she mulled over her thoughts. It wasn’t until Miroku had called her name again that she looked up. She regarded him silently, the world around her sounding surprisingly soft and muffled. She blinked, then furrowed her brow and shook her head. Advancing closer she studied the swarming mass of creatures headed their way. They’d be here within minutes.*

There’s too many of them. Put up a barrier, Miroku. If they can’t sense us they’ll pass right over.

*She scooped up Kira from the rock and placed her on the ground between them, silent as the monk gathered what he needed for the assignment. She smiled halfheartedly at the wolf, knowing she would be fine if she stayed beside her father figure. Miroku’s barrier would only force out malevolent spirits.

He sat down cross-legged with the shakujo secured in his lap, taking a set of black mala beads from his person and setting the rosary between his palms. He glanced up at Sango a brief moment and she nodded her reassurance. Exhaling he straightened his index and middle fingers upward and began his internal mantra. The air around them occasionally sparked blue with energy, causing Kira to nervously step closer to the man. Sango said nothing, though pinpricks ricochet across her nerves. As the pain became more and more insistent she took a step backward, and then another.

The mantra was completed just as the darkling squadron leader flew overhead, blinding them from sight. Or, at least two of them. Sango stared in relative disbelief at the blue barrier that had formed around Kira and Miroku. She brought her hand up to it, and its energy crackled and resisted. She’d been repelled from the barrier. Astounded, and still not quite grasping the gravity of this implication, her eyes met Miroku’s as the sky above them went black.

Her proximity to the barrier caused it to spark every so often, drawing the attention of the skyward onlookers. She could hear them descending, though her eyes could not leave his.*

Sango-ka-san?

*They darted to Kira, wide and concerned. Then back to Miroku. The taijiya’s mouth formed a small, determined line.*

Keep her safe.

*With that she spun, her ponytail whipping the air, and ran for the line of cover the trees provided. The dozen darklings that had come to investigate circled the area briefly before swooping in after her.*

Seon-Sama's Wife

Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100

User Image

Three days had passed since that night, where Kara and Seon had come to terms with everything that's happened in the past 300 years. After accidentally passing out together under the Plum trees and waking up still in each other's embrace the next morning, Kara hurriedly excused herself, embarrassed by her outburst. Knowing that that night would be just between them, however, was a slight comfort...she wouldn't have to deal with the embarrassment of Hikari or Yasou badgering her about it.

It was about midday now, and the same trio that had arrived at Kara's castle were now standing outside on the castle grounds, waiting for their new fourth member to join them. Back in her usual armored attire, Kara caught herself becoming impatient - Seon would be joining them soon enough, and he would be fine with accompanying them on their journey, right?

Soon after the female Daiyokai picked up her friend's familiar scent as he exited the castle, Hitoshi and the other Phoenix guards following close behind him. However, Kara was only able to focus on Seon...he'd cut his hair. It was now about mid-back length, and was pulled into a loose braid that was draped over his right shoulder to lay neatly against his chest. An ornate metal hair band was used to hold it together, and the zigzag pattern was immediately recognized by Kara - it was a pattern commonly used by the Yami Inus.
Most would have been concerned by this, but Kara knew she had no reason to be. This was simply just a little piece of himself and his past Seon was keeping with him - not a sign of him turning on her. As Seon came closer, Kara noted that it matched his new attire - a simple blue yukata with dark grey hakama, a black and navy-tipped overskirt as a thin layer of protection, and for armor he had dark silver and gold pauldrons, which had a swirled design. When Seon seemed to notice she was staring, the female Inu quickly turned her attention to the Phoenix yokai behind him, to try to cover her actions.

"Thank you for escorting Seon out of the castle. However, I'm afraid it is time for us to depart - we still have something to take care of on the main island, and the imps need to be returned their as well. I've kept them away long enough."

Stepping forward, Hitoshi was the one to speak up, a bit of worry in his voice, "Very well, m'lady...however, don't forget you have duties here, and that your subjects miss you dearly during your times away. Try to hurry back this time, will you?" His brethren nodded in agreement, some of them looking a bit sad underneath their masks.

Smiling softly, their Daiyokai nodded, "I will try to hurry back. In the meantime, Hitoshi, do keep an eye on the Ministers, alright? I don't want them trying to take over again in my absence..." Once he responded in confirmation to her request, Kara said her goodbyes, before turning to the now three other members of their traveling party. "Alright, I think it's time for us to finally go back to Inuyasha's village. We've completed our mission, and it's time to get you two back to where Ryo is." This last part she addressed specifically to Yasou and Hikari, who agreed instantly.

Suddenly Kara noticed Yasou start to use some of his youki, to which Kara grabbed his arm quickly, a forced smile on her face, "And this time, no special escorts...alright, Yasou?" Laughing nervously to Kara's quick response, Yasou quickly obliged, followed by his inching closer to Hikari, probably for protection. Satisfied he wasn't going to try summoning those horrible watery blobs to carry them again, Kara stepped in front of the three, telling them to keep back for a moment.
Just as she had done back in Inuyasha's village, Kara used her youki to summon another portal that would take them back home - hopefully, back to the same one she and the imps had used to get here so they wouldn't have to travel for too long back to the village.

Once the portal was stable, Kara motioned the others forward to let them know it was safe. Seon then stepped beside Kara, looking into the portal before them. "So, we're going to this 'Inuyasha's village'..? What kind of place is this?" Looking at her sternly, he continued, "And why do you have to be involved in this fight, Kara?"

Ignoring the looks from the imps behind them, Kara looked forward, her eyes closed, "The place we're going is a small human village on the main island. It's leader is an old Miko names Kaede, and they have a couple resident yokai, as well as their hanyou, Inuyasha. And as for my involvement...It started out as me taking an interest in their motley group of humans, yokai, and a hanyou, but I've been pulled into a couple battles with minions of their current enemy, Kuroshiro. Right now the group is missing a few of their stronger members, and there are quite a few children left in the village, so I feel a need to help protect them while the others are gone." A small smile formed on her face then, "And to be honest, just like the imps with us, they've become my comrades now. It's only natural I aid them, isn't it?"

Eyes softening some, Seon mulled over Kara's answers quietly, before nodding. "Well then, if they're your comrades, then they'll be mine as well. I'll help in whatever way I can in this battle against this 'Kuroshiro'...if he really does have some ties to darkness, I'd like to see just how strong they are compared to mine." Turning to Kara, he offered her a confident grin.

Shaking her head, smile still in place, Kara told the trio to stay close as she led them into the portal that would take them back to the outskirts of Inuyasha's village...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff