Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,225 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I went to edit my wix profile and it won't let me get a code anymore, I have to pay?

Ms Begotten generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 191!

Gracious Hunter

3,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sorry that this is too long,.
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «

Ok so this is attempt #3 at fixing this problem
Normally people have issues with making the wix profile, I have a different prob,
My prob is with the profile coding itself.
I do have this code saved in my notes , I know in the event I cant do it I can always switch to this but I was hoping someone can help me mix the 2 if they are profile code savey.
html, body { background: #000000; }
.column, #columns { overflow: visible !important; }
#columns { width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }
#column_1, #column_2, #column_3 { position: absolute; margin: 0; }
.media_panel { height: 650px !important; width: 1000px; overflow: hidden; }
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object { height: 8000px; width: 8000px; }
.panel { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: transparent; }
.panel h2 { display: none; }

This is my previous code that I used, I loved that I could always locate the background url image and edit it whenever I want and always hated how my wix background was black so I got the idea of merging the codes into one. Also I loved how I could hover over a panel and make it appear....so I know I wanna keep those 2 features
.media_panel embed{width:400px; height:200px;}

.panel{padding: 5px;}
.panel h2{
margin:-5px -5px 10px -5px;
padding:5px 6px;
background:#000000 ;
text-align:left;
text-transform:uppercase;
font-weight:bold;
color:#FFF;
font-size:10px;
}

html { background: url(http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/citizenXT99/untitledI.jpg) repeat; }
body { background: url(http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/citizenXT99/untitledI.jpg) no-repeat; }

.panel h2{
background: #000000 ;
color: #fff;
}

.panel{background:#fff;color:#000;}

a{color:#FF0099 ;}
#header a{color:#000000;}

.panel{
opacity: .5;
-moz-opacity: 0.5;
-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=50)";
filter: alpha(opacity=50)
}
.panel:hover{
opacity: 1;
-moz-opacity: 1;
-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=100)";
filter: alpha(opacity=100)
}

This was my final code, I thought maybe by editing the Media width and height that it would work but no luck, I have seen profiles that have the actual profile panels on them and they go underneath the media/wix panel so I KNOW its possible but I just dont know how to do this kinda of code.

.media_panel embed{width:1000px; height:1000px;}

.panel h2{
}

html { background: url(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc202/KiffaShikimori/Gaiaonline/Wix/1361951922199-1-1-1-1-1-1_zpsd94670d5.jpg) repeat; }
body { background: url(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc202/KiffaShikimori/Gaiaonline/Wix/1361951922199-1-1-1-1-1-1_zpsd94670d5.jpg) no-repeat; }

.panel h2{
}

.panel{
}
}

This is in a nutshell what I want with the hover option I posted
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

X-EDIT-X

Also I went on your profile and was shocked to see you have a section with your badges on there.....
Do your badges update auto or does it have to be recreated every time you get a new badge?
I kinda like how your wix isnt even so big. How can I get mine to be smaller like that,
I mainly dont want that color scheme and background but in a nutshell I wanted to maybe make a profile similar to that but with a few more options and maybe not just the media box but also 2 more, one for shops....I'm just so stuck with profile creation.....I never thought one like yours was even possible. It kinda makes me wanna alter my idea for what i want

If you help me with this I will love you forever heart

Dapper Phantom

Misu Kayy
I went to edit my wix profile and it won't let me get a code anymore, I have to pay?

No you can still use your Wix, make sure you followed all directions in the guide.
You may want to read all the steps even if your Wix is already created so you know where I'm going in later posts.

Ms Begotten
Sorry that this is too long,.
Horntastic
» Quote this for fast responses! «

Ok so this is attempt #3 at fixing this problem
Normally people have issues with making the wix profile, I have a different prob,
My prob is with the profile coding itself.
I do have this code saved in my notes , I know in the event I cant do it I can always switch to this but I was hoping someone can help me mix the 2 if they are profile code savey.
html, body { background: #000000; }
.column, #columns { overflow: visible !important; }
#columns { width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }
#column_1, #column_2, #column_3 { position: absolute; margin: 0; }
.media_panel { height: 650px !important; width: 1000px; overflow: hidden; }
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object { height: 8000px; width: 8000px; }
.panel { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: transparent; }
.panel h2 { display: none; }

This is my previous code that I used, I loved that I could always locate the background url image and edit it whenever I want and always hated how my wix background was black so I got the idea of merging the codes into one. Also I loved how I could hover over a panel and make it appear....so I know I wanna keep those 2 features
.media_panel embed{width:400px; height:200px;}

.panel h2{
}

html { background: url(http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/citizenXT99/untitledI.jpg) repeat; }
body { background: url(http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/citizenXT99/untitledI.jpg) no-repeat; }

.panel h2{
}

.panel{
}
}

This was my final code, I thought maybe by editing the Media width and height that it would work but no luck, I have seen profiles that have the actual profile panels on them and they go underneath the media/wix panel so I KNOW its possible but I just dont know how to do this kinda of code.

.media_panel embed{width:1000px; height:1000px;}

.panel h2{
}

html { background: url(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc202/KiffaShikimori/Gaiaonline/Wix/1361951922199-1-1-1-1-1-1_zpsd94670d5.jpg) repeat; }
body { background: url(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc202/KiffaShikimori/Gaiaonline/Wix/1361951922199-1-1-1-1-1-1_zpsd94670d5.jpg) no-repeat; }

.panel h2{
}

.panel{
}
}

This is in a nutshell what I want with the hover option I posted
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

X-EDIT-X

Also I went on your profile and was shocked to see you have a section with your badges on there.....
Do your badges update auto or does it have to be recreated every time you get a new badge?
I kinda like how your wix isnt even so big. How can I get mine to be smaller like that,
I mainly dont want that color scheme and background but in a nutshell I wanted to maybe make a profile similar to that but with a few more options and maybe not just the media box but also 2 more, one for shops....I'm just so stuck with profile creation.....I never thought one like yours was even possible. It kinda makes me wanna alter my idea for what i want

If you help me with this I will love you forever heart

I am usually more that happy to assist with creating CSS to allow more customization that the standard Wix code allows (which is not very customizable for compatibility's sake) but at the time I do not have time to do so. I suggest you read some CSS guides - mixing CSS with your Wix will mean that you do not have to learn extensive CSS to make cool effects in your main content, but will allow you to blend your Wix more with the rest of your profile.
If you want simple codes, like changing your background image, you should be able to get copy/paste codes from some of the guides. Add codes like those to the end of the Wix codes so that they override the generic settings like the black background. But be careful when merging whole blocks of code, as they might conflict with each other...

My profile is not Wix, it is extensive CSS on a Current profile base.
So, yes, the badges and stuff update, as it's the Gaia-generated panels of the profile.
Like mentioned in the FAQ, you cannot have updating content within your Wix - once the Wix is saved it pretty much doesn't change at all - avis you input won't update, etc. You can add your badges outside of your Wix and add CSS to make it flow better, but as mentioned before I cannot help you with that at this time.

A note to adding panels to your profile:
Unless you make significant modifications to the base Wix CSS, you must place all panels that you want to show in the same column before adding your Wix CSS. (if you already have the CSS in, take it out on the profile options page before adding/removing/moving panels around, as the Wix CSS really messes that stuff up)

Dapper Phantom

DevilishShani
Still not used to posting in forums
Profile problems again,uugh. I changed it to the flash like discussed, and then I had the problem of it not loading so I deleted alot of stuff like photos and now, it doesnt even show wix on my profile, and I readded the css and everything..All it shows me is a blank profile
emo stressed sweatdrop

I cannot see your profile, so if you are still having this issue I cannot tell :c
(sorry for the slow response)

-WhiteAlbum-
I'm also having problems with the code converter. As the previous user stated, clicking on "Convert Code" freezes the browser. I've tried this on Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome and the effect is the same for all of them.

I'll try it on my linux machine later. I usually have much better luck with stuff like this under linux.

But in the meantime, here's my link thing, whenever you get the time to look at it xD
http://pastebin.com/KEBf9grg
lodmot347.wix.com/whitealbum5

I found the problem line in my code, but have not yet had time to correct the error.
For some reason, whenever I directly copy the code myself the problem does not occur, but it does in your pastebin code so that's interesting.
Here are your converted codes in the meantime:

http://pastebin.com/dtbMV6vh

Gracious Hunter

3,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Horntastic

I really have tried doing it on my own, I'm not very good with coding since I have to re-read a lot to understand something because it sometimes gets jumbled up. confused
I have tried so much to get this to work and have had a lot of trial and a lot of [all mainly] error.
I think I am gonna mainly keep trying to merge the 2 codes I have already in hopes that it will work....I have both codes so I have all the parts just don't know what goes where. :l

Dapper Phantom

Ms Begotten
Horntastic

I really have tried doing it on my own, I'm not very good with coding since I have to re-read a lot to understand something because it sometimes gets jumbled up. confused
I have tried so much to get this to work and have had a lot of trial and a lot of [all mainly] error.
I think I am gonna mainly keep trying to merge the 2 codes I have already in hopes that it will work....I have both codes so I have all the parts just don't know what goes where. :l

I understand :c
I wish I could help you more, but due to irl and online obligations I don't really have a lot of time to take on more work, even something relatively straight forward. (I saw your other thread, and while something like that mockup you did is quite possible the codes involved would not exactly be simple)

Like I said be careful merging those two codes - the default CSS I provide does some pretty specific things that often doesn't play nice with other stuff.

Gracious Hunter

3,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Horntastic
Ms Begotten
Horntastic

I understand :c
I wish I could help you more, but due to irl and online obligations I don't really have a lot of time to take on more work, even something relatively straight forward. (I saw your other thread, and while something like that mockup you did is quite possible the codes involved would not exactly be simple)

Like I said be careful merging those two codes - the default CSS I provide does some pretty specific things that often doesn't play nice with other stuff.

I know it might not really be easy but not many options are really available. This alone is just part of the things I wanna do so I am a long way from my dream profile.

Acecreamyyy's Kouhai

Sparkly Dabbler

why does my wix profile on gaia load so long ? :/
just asking cause I'm new here ><

Tipsy Cutie-Pie

Horntastic

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but..
Do you have to do the shorten media url step?
Also, I'm using the converter,
but my profile is just showing up black.
Wix Profile || Gaia Profile
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You ~

I have figured out my mistake, sorry! ^^"

Dapper Phantom

Chiriku Muzikku
why does my wix profile on gaia load so long ? :/
just asking cause I'm new here ><

You have to shorten your URL or Gaia removes important parts of it and it does the loading thing.
On the first page, re-read the "shortening your code" section of the converting post.

Acecreamyyy's Kouhai

Sparkly Dabbler

Horntastic

Ah thank you ! I think I missed that step ><
So careless of me sweatdrop
Thank you very much ! biggrin

Dapper Dabbler

Horntastic
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Hey there. Just tried putting my Wix source code into the converter and it comes up saying there's an error and that it's converting into an HTML code.....? I've done every step on the list. Help would be appreciated. biggrin

Dapper Phantom

-Penny Parfait-
Horntastic

Hey there. Just tried putting my Wix source code into the converter and it comes up saying there's an error and that it's converting into an HTML code.....? I've done every step on the list. Help would be appreciated. biggrin

That error means that you chose an HTML template when you created your profile rather than a Flash one.
There is no way to convert between the two, sorry.
The getting started post will help you get the right template.
(though it looks like you may have figured it out?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff