Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vera Heart's Spouse

Shirtless Raider

jizzmanderp
Lol sorry, I seem to be having another problem!
I used some of the codes that you recommended from that website that you showed me, and now my header isn't working, and I tried fixing the proportions and everything, still didn't work sad
Would you mind if I PMed you my code for you to see the problem? I don't want people trying to steal it or anything.

It's all good! I'll take a look at it sometime during the next day or so, and I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything that might cause an issue like that. 3nodding

Dangerous Fatcat

Eliae Darr
jizzmanderp
I used some of the codes that you recommended from that website that you showed me, and now my header isn't working, and I tried fixing the proportions and everything, still didn't work sad
Would you mind if I PMed you my code for you to see the problem? I don't want people trying to steal it or anything.

It's all good! I'll take a look at it sometime during the next day or so, and I'll be sure to let you know if I find anything that might cause an issue like that. 3nodding

Alrighty, thanks a bunch! whee

Vera Heart's Spouse

Shirtless Raider

jizzmanderp
Eliae Darr
jizzmanderp

Not a problem, but I can't seem to send you a reply via PM. I'd post it here, but I made some changes to your code and I'd prefer to respect your wish for privacy regarding it. 3nodding Let me know when I can send it to you and I will.

Dangerous Fatcat

Eliae Darr
jizzmanderp
Eliae Darr
jizzmanderp

Not a problem, but I can't seem to send you a reply via PM. I'd post it here, but I made some changes to your code and I'd prefer to respect your wish for privacy regarding it. 3nodding Let me know when I can send it to you and I will.

You can send it now if you'd like, and thank you for respecting my privacy. ^.^
if this was said on here I didn't read it sorry :/.. does anyone know how to remove EVERYTHING except the background?

Vera Heart's Spouse

Shirtless Raider

jizzmanderp
You can send it now if you'd like, and thank you for respecting my privacy. ^.^

Sent- and not a problem! I'd hate to get people agitated with me because I screwed up something so simple. xd

Vera Heart's Spouse

Shirtless Raider

l2ockin
if this was said on here I didn't read it sorry :/.. does anyone know how to remove EVERYTHING except the background?

You should be able to remove most everything on your profile with the following snippet of code:

.panel, .decoration {display: none;}

That should hide all panels (including media and custom), along with any custom images, text and avatars. If it doesn't actually remove them, add "!important" before the semi-colon after "none" and it should fix it.

One thing that this code will not do, however, is remove the header from your profile- I will not give you the code to do so, as removing the header and/or removing the Gaia logo from the header are both against Gaia ToS and, if reported, may cause your account to be banned.

Widow

Shirtless Pants

Hello. 4laugh
I was thinking of, if I used the selector for custom panels
#id_custom{-insert code here-;}

Would it affect all of the custom panels?

Garbage Smoker

trying to change the background color of the gaia header in my profile, yet when I use the code it doesn't work. also trying to change the link color and text size in gaia header.

code I was using.

#gaia_header a{color: "black";}

#gaia_header li{color: #FFFFFF !important;}

trying to get my header to look something like this x

Please and Thank You heart

Vera Heart's Spouse

Shirtless Raider

Electro Feel
Hello. 4laugh
I was thinking of, if I used the selector for custom panels
#id_custom{-insert code here-;}

Would it affect all of the custom panels?

Unfortunately, "#id_custom" will not, but the class ".custom_panel" will!

"#id_custom" is actually part of the Custom panel's ID, which is generated after the profile is saved- normally, it'll look something like "#id_custom_4378", and it will always be a unique number to ensure that it's still easy to target a single panel instead of all of them (media panels work the same way for ID assignment). However, it will change every time, so if you make the code, then remove the panel and add a new custom panel, you'll have to change the selector to the ID of the new panel if you're wanting to re-use that part of your CSS.

I hope this answers your question!

Vera Heart's Spouse

Shirtless Raider

SlSSY
trying to change the background color of the gaia header in my profile, yet when I use the code it doesn't work. also trying to change the link color and text size in gaia header.

code I was using.

#gaia_header a{color: "black";}

#gaia_header li{color: #FFFFFF !important;}

trying to get my header to look something like this x

Please and Thank You heart

Usually, one of the most common mistakes made when working with gaia's header is to forget to add "!important" immediately before the semi-colon. More often than not, adding that should fix any code that appears to not be working properly with the main header (and occasionally other panels as well).

As a quick couple of CSS tips, while working with color names, you don't need to put quotations around single-word names (I don't think CSS uses any two-word colors, but I'm not entirely sure about that). The only time it's of any real importance is when you're changing your font to a style like "Times New Roman", as the browser will fail to read it without the quotes. I'd also highly advise that you use "#gaia_header, #header_left, #header_right" while changing your header background to ensure that you're affecting the entire bar and not just a small section of it.

I hope this helps!

Tysmin's Queen

Spirit

ᴖ ᴥᴖ; How do you make an image bigger? My background picture that I want to use is actually 1200 x 900 but it ends up shrinking down to 1076 x 749 I think. I try adding the larger size again but it does the same thing. So, how do I stretch it out to fit my whole screen?

Lonely Noob

9,625 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Ryan The Sexed Up Unicorn
ᴖ ᴥᴖ; How do you make an image bigger? My background picture that I want to use is actually 1200 x 900 but it ends up shrinking down to 1076 x 749 I think. I try adding the larger size again but it does the same thing. So, how do I stretch it out to fit my whole screen?
html,body{background-size: 100%;}

(or whatever selector the image is set to). =)

Tysmin's Queen

Spirit

Brink Kale
Ryan The Sexed Up Unicorn
html,body{background-size: 100%;}

(or whatever selector the image is set to). =)

ᴖ ᴥᴖ; nope ;c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces