Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saxy Coder

Koicchi
Real quick question! For the black Gaia header in my profile, how can I change the background color of it? And then change the text color as well, in case it's hard to see?

Thanks!
.message{

#gaia_header, #gaia_header ul{background: value !important;}
      #gaia_header a{color: value !important;}

What values you can use

/* ♫ */ ;}
Lady Saxophone
Koicchi
Real quick question! For the black Gaia header in my profile, how can I change the background color of it? And then change the text color as well, in case it's hard to see?

Thanks!
.message{

#gaia_header, #gaia_header ul{background: value !important;}
      #gaia_header a{color: value !important;}

What values you can use

/* ♫ */ ;}

Thanks a bunch!

khurui's Senpai

Lonely Star

I'm trying to shift all my boxes what part am I supposed to edit I'm not sure what will shift it more to the left?

#columns {
background-color: transparent;
background-image: url();
background-repeat: no-repeat;
width: 785px;
float: none;
top: 20px;
margin-left: 0px;
padding-left: -10px;
margin-right: auto;
position: left; I set this to left but nothing occurs?

I also tried adding right: and Left adjustments but it doesn't do much ???

reinasachiko's Senpai

Dramatic Gentleman

23,715 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
stripman
I'm trying to shift all my boxes what part am I supposed to edit I'm not sure what will shift it more to the left?

#columns {

Position only has 5 valid values: static (auto/initial/unset also same), relative, absolute, fixed, sticky.

What you would want to shift it more would be using position:relative and left: ...px;

#columns {
position: relative;
left:-200px;
}

Actually, you do not have to use any position property at all since by default #columns is set to position:absolute by Gaia default CSS, so things like this will simply work:

#columns {
}

khurui's Senpai

Lonely Star

Fredy-san
stripman

#columns {

Position only has 5 valid values: static (auto/initial/unset also same), relative, absolute, fixed, sticky.

What you would want to shift it more would be using position:relative and left: ...px;

#columns {
position: relative;
}

Actually, you do not have to use any position property at all since by default #columns is set to position:absolute by Gaia default CSS, so things like this will simply work:

#columns {
}

Oh I had it set to relative Idk Ill try this out thanks
Edit: I see when i used left I used a positive number and not negative Thanks !

Lonely Fatcat

How do I make my media panel smaller? The code listed does not work. I am using Billy's Playlist flash in the media panel. I've got it to work before on my old account, but it's been 2 years and profile is all glitched up.

Savvy Cub

My Cats and Netflix
How do I make my media panel smaller? The code listed does not work. I am using Billy's Playlist flash in the media panel. I've got it to work before on my old account, but it's been 2 years and profile is all glitched up.

Your profile seems fine. You just have your #columns width set to an obscene size. You already have a code for your media player that is working on my end. Btw, you don't need the .media_player embed part as that is not an actual element on Current profiles.

Lonely Fatcat

LatinBsnDude
My Cats and Netflix

Your profile seems fine. You just have your #columns width set to an obscene size. You already have a code for your media player that is working on my end. Btw, you don't need the .media_player embed part as that is not an actual element on Current profiles.

Yeah, I already fixed it after posting this. The width isn't an obscene size, it's the only one that will work. I forgot I posted here, but I already figured out the problems on my own because every one else just thought I was loony. It had nothing to do with my touch screen. It's just Google Chrome and Firefox. I had to reinstall Safari. I can only edit on Safari. As for the media code, had to have extra codes on top, not just the single code. Got it from my old profile, stole the source.

I guess Chrome just has issues. I'm having issues with Flash. So anyone who uses animated items on their avatar, I cant see their avatar. It just gives me a play button, but I cant click it to "run flash" because then it automatically kicks me to their profile. I don't have a plug in menu on Chrome, either. I already allowed Gaia to run flash/doesn't need to ask permission to run flash. So not sure what the issue is, does the same to my playlist, but playlist isn't a huge deal because I can just click play to run flash.

Savvy Cub

My Cats and Netflix
Yeah, I already fixed it after posting this. The width isn't an obscene size, it's the only one that will work. I forgot I posted here, but I already figured out the problems on my own because every one else just thought I was loony. It had nothing to do with my touch screen. It's just Google Chrome and Firefox. I had to reinstall Safari. I can only edit on Safari. As for the media code, had to have extra codes on top, not just the single code. Got it from my old profile, stole the source.

I guess Chrome just has issues. I'm having issues with Flash. So anyone who uses animated items on their avatar, I cant see their avatar. It just gives me a play button, but I cant click it to "run flash" because then it automatically kicks me to their profile. I don't have a plug in menu on Chrome, either. I already allowed Gaia to run flash/doesn't need to ask permission to run flash. So not sure what the issue is, does the same to my playlist, but playlist isn't a huge deal because I can just click play to run flash.

No one accused you of being crazy and I was the only person who commented on your thread. It is a known fact that Chrome was created a long time after the creation of the profile editor. We have to repeat that fact at least 10 times a week throughout Profile Discussion, Site Questions & Assistance, and Bug Report & Technical Support. We then follow it up with the suggestion to use Firefox or Internet Explorer since Safari renders similarly to Chrome. Frankly, I still don't get your problem. We only can assume you're correctly doing what we suggest. I'm not sure you even attempted to fully disable your touchscreen since you love contesting what I state clearly like I don't know what I'm doing; nothing in your media panel html is rendering as "embed". That code is useless on your profile.
Your profile looked the same (minus the extra space on the right that is making it scroll) when I changed the #columns width to 960px and got rid of the float: none; rule.
Also, who needs menus when there are direct URLs for everything? chrome://plugins

Lonely Fatcat

LatinBsnDude
My Cats and Netflix

No one accused you of being crazy and I was the only person who commented on your thread. It is a known fact that Chrome was created a long time after the creation of the profile editor. We have to repeat that fact at least 10 times a week throughout Profile Discussion, Site Questions & Assistance, and Bug Report & Technical Support. We then follow it up with the suggestion to use Firefox or Internet Explorer since Safari renders similarly to Chrome. Frankly, I still don't get your problem. We only can assume you're correctly doing what we suggest. I'm not sure you even attempted to fully disable your touchscreen since you love contesting what I state clearly like I don't know what I'm doing; nothing in your media panel html is rendering as "embed". That code is useless on your profile.
Your profile looked the same (minus the extra space on the right that is making it scroll) when I changed the #columns width to 960px and got rid of the float: none; rule.
Also, who needs menus when there are direct URLs for everything? chrome://plugins

I posted in CB and asked a few people, mainly what I was referring to because I've been trying to figure it out for the last two days. I have no idea, but I can even screenshot and show you that Firefox as well as Explorer do the same thing as Chrome, however.. Safari, does not. I am not sure why, I really don't have much knowledge to it. All I know is Safari works and I'm able to go on there and edit with no problem. As for the "embed" thing, I didn't really respond to that or "contest" considering I did state that I strip the source from my old profile, pasted it, and just edited around it. I haven't went through and fully tested what does or doesn't work and removed them yet. Also I "contest" the touchscreen basis, because you were repetitively persistent about it, when it isn't and wasn't the problem, even when I kept responding giving you more information, that was your only conclusion. Again, you're referring to touch screen as the problem and going directly back to that, even though I did disable, restart, and tried. It was not. I don't have a scroll on any of the three browsers, so I'm assuming that has something to do with my screen size?

As for Chrome plugins, well I already tried that URL, you see.. xxx. So unless that's not a thing for Chrome anymore, no idea of that problem, either. User Image I already tried reinstalling both Chrome and Firefox, restarting, nothing. My flash and java are both up to date, I actually reinstalled Flash just to be safe. So I don't know what is really wrong, honestly, and I've tried everything you've suggested and everything I've looked up.

Shoujo Gaian

How would I go about making my panels transparent, then when I hover over them with my mouse they appear at 100% opacity?

Saxy Coder

Dottee Desu
How would I go about making my panels transparent, then when I hover over them with my mouse they appear at 100% opacity?
.message{

.panel{opacity: 0.5;}
      .panel:hover{opacity: 1;}

opacity accepts any decimal value from 0 (completely transparent) to 1 (completely opaque)

/* ♫ */ ;}

Shoujo Gaian

Lady Saxophone
Dottee Desu
.message{

.panel{opacity: 0.5;}
      .panel:hover{opacity: 1;}

opacity accepts any decimal value from 0 (completely transparent) to 1 (completely opaque)

/* ♫ */ ;}

Thank you very much.

Prophet

15,675 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
Lady Saxophone

so smart - i love the way you're answering all these questions that everyone is throwing out XD
Could you please include an image with the parts of the profile? Im kinda lost qwq
Could you quote me when you can?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces