Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was this helpful?

Yes! 0.40158259149357 40.2% [ 406 ]
o.O what?! 0.25717111770524 25.7% [ 260 ]
ooh, poll! 0.34124629080119 34.1% [ 345 ]
Total Votes:[ 1011 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 69 70 71 > >>

You can't have it positioned absolutely. Take out the "position:absolute;" and make sure you do margin-left instead of just left.
Um, I'm familiar with custom sections, I've done them a couple times, but reacently, I've had this problem where my custom sections randomly disappear and never return. I used your coding and they didn't even come up, I didn't alter the coding in anyway except to change the height, width, ect. So is there any way to fix this, or am I stuck?
siinful deliights
Um, I'm familiar with custom sections, I've done them a couple times, but reacently, I've had this problem where my custom sections randomly disappear and never return. I used your coding and they didn't even come up, I didn't alter the coding in anyway except to change the height, width, ect. So is there any way to fix this, or am I stuck?

Use "left" instead of "margin-left" and "top" instead of "margin-top". If that doesn't work, adjust the values that you have, because they may be too big and pushing the sections off the page.

Also, you definitely need to remove the position: absolute; from the #about coding. You cannot have absolute positioning and overflows at the same time on the #about if you want custom sections; that will also cause your custom sections to not appear.

You also might want to read up on overflows, because you are not using them properly. There is no need to declare both overflow: scroll; and overflow: auto;. Overflow scroll means that the section will start to scroll when it passes its maximum height, and overflow auto means that it will scroll automatically. Therefore, there is no specific effect when you declare both; it just has no purpose and sits there and can possibly cause problems.
Good job guys finding out how to create multiple scrollable custom sections. wink

Darling

WTH. I COULD ADJUST THE ABOUT (main one) IF THERES NO POSITION: ABSOLUTE
awsome!
thanx fer posting this. xD
welcome! 3nodding
User ImageUser Image

Now it's even more difficult to know that you have a female avatar... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
neutral is it me or has there been less need for custom section help lately?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff