Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Puppy

I would consider it as real as watching figure skating and gymnastics.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

There's a gap between real and fake and in that gap lies pro wrestling.

As I've already explained...no, it is clearly on the fake side. Now, do you have an actual compelling argument to counter this, or is your defense solely "nuh-uh!"

pro wrestlers aren't fake therefore pro wrestling isn't fake too

You were saying?

The match was real.

Shifting goalposts, are we?

Dangerous Noob

Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

There's a gap between real and fake and in that gap lies pro wrestling.

As I've already explained...no, it is clearly on the fake side. Now, do you have an actual compelling argument to counter this, or is your defense solely "nuh-uh!"

You were saying?

The match was real.

If pro wrestling was fake then pro wrestlers in hardcore matches were using ketchup as blood.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune

You were saying?

The match was real.

If pro wrestling was fake then pro wrestlers in hardcore matches were using ketchup as blood.

Well obviously they didn't use ketchup packets. That's low grade s**t. It was common practice to either use blood capsules or even blading, which makes wounds look more serious than they really were.

In other words, still fake.

Seriously, your points aren't even that impressive.

Shirtless Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
ji91
It's funny how people call wrestling fake and then turn around and watch movies.

But they're acknowledged to be false. They credit their writers. It's widely known to almost everyone other than idiots and newborns that movies are written things acted out.

People who don't enjoy, or regularly watch, wrestling promotions like to call out that its fake because those promotions tend not to acknowledge that it's fake. Those people don't understand how kayfabe works.

In fact, the biggest reason (in my experience) people seem to call it out as being fake is because they think that people who do watch wrestling promotions regularly don't understand that it's fake, and pointing that out makes them feel superior somehow. We know that it's fake, and those people are making themselves look like jackasses by drawing attention to obvious facts. The whole "yeah, but movies are fake too" argument is just as relevant as that. There's no need to point it out.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Telthael Kaesin
ji91
It's funny how people call wrestling fake and then turn around and watch movies.

But they're acknowledged to be false. They credit their writers. It's widely known to almost everyone other than idiots and newborns that movies are written things acted out.

People who don't enjoy, or regularly watch, wrestling promotions like to call out that its fake because those promotions tend not to acknowledge that it's fake. Those people don't understand how kayfabe works.

In fact, the biggest reason (in my experience) people seem to call it out as being fake is because they think that people who do watch wrestling promotions regularly don't understand that it's fake, and pointing that out makes them feel superior somehow. We know that it's fake, and those people are making themselves look like jackasses by drawing attention to obvious facts. The whole "yeah, but movies are fake too" argument is just as relevant as that. There's no need to point it out.

While I agree with the second half of your post, I don't with the first. It is a double standard because movies and TV do not acknowledge that the product is fake in the product. It's because of the industry that we understand them to be fake (among other things), but it's not like you'll go see a movie where the actors turn to break the fourth wall and explain that what is happening isn't real (well, maybe something that's more post-modern would do that). Kayfabe (which, let's be honest, is totally dead now) was pretty much born out of the idea of keeping up appearances cause the "actor" is only playing that one role. Now, it's not really needed, but even then, it was still a thing into like the mid 90s. There were people who actually thought that WCW and WWF were fake, but ECW was totally legit...I'd say, give it til the next generation and you probably won't hear as many people using "but it's fake" as an excuse for why they don't watch it (at least, that's my hope).

Interesting Sweetheart

Some troll at a school club yelled to me and my friends "Wrestling's fake!", and so I retorted back, "So are Marvel movies!" The whole room went "OOOOOHHHHHHH." After that.

Bottom line is, I really don't care. XD Even if it is fake, there are worse things people take seriously, like Twilight, or Fantasy football...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
TheGreatestSage
Some troll at a school club yelled to me and my friends "Wrestling's fake!", and so I retorted back, "So are Marvel movies!" The whole room went "OOOOOHHHHHHH." After that.

Bottom line is, I really don't care. XD Even if it is fake, there are worse things people take seriously, like Twilight, or Fantasy football...

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Going by Larry's logic then that means the lawsuit Big Show used was REAL and it was really going to cost the McMahons, millions and millions and millions of dollars. rolleyes

/sarcasm

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Reno Takamiya
Going by Larry's logic then that means the lawsuit Big Show used was REAL and it was really going to cost the McMahons, millions and millions and millions of dollars. rolleyes

/sarcasm

Which is why I think it's become an unwritten rule to never go by Larry's logic...

Widow

Enthusiastic Lunatic

19,390 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Object of Affection 150
I really couldn't care less, it's fun to watch and that's all that matters??

I just wish that the Divas were actually more like... violent???

like, the Divas are pretty weaksauce minus Nattie and Tamina

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Reno Takamiya

/sarcasm

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas