• Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

the fact that not everything I see in the ring is scripted or staged makes even less fake.

You're an idiot...aren't you? Just because people get injured, it doesn't suddenly make the story real. Your argument is like arguing that the Twilight Zone movie actually happened because people actually died on the set. Clearly, that doesn't hold up...just like the rest of your argument.

But the injuries are real which proves that wrestling isn't overall fake and terms scripted and staged are more accurate.

I've already just explained an example of why that argument fails. Three people actually died on set while filming the Twilight Zone movie. Does that mean now that the story of the Twilight Zone movie is real? No? Then your argument is idiotic.

And if you really want to go into "overall" (which is where we ******** go in the first place when we talk about if wrestling is real or not), then fake is definitely the word. The action in the ring is definitely not scripted...it's mostly called in the ring. Most places also don't script out promos. The reason why it's fake, especially overall, it's not real. The competition portion of it is predetermined and essentially unimportant. The moves are designed to limit or prevent injuries. The storylines are made up. The people in the ring are playing characters. It would only be "scripted" if it all followed a script...and it doesn't. And it would only be "staged" if everything was planned out well in advanced...and it isn't. It's fake because the aspects of it are not real....ergo, fake. So you can stop trying to argue this now...as I've said before, people who can't come to grips with calling it fake (which is ridiculous because I'm sure you don't have that problem if someone were talking about movies or TV as if they were real) give wrestling fans a bad name. If you're on this site, you're old enough to know the truth, so it's time to grow up.

It's scripted because wrestlers talk from the script with just a little improvising and the PPV matches are planned in future so it's staged.

The only thing more wrong than this statement is the Holocaust.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
It's scripted because wrestlers talk from the script with just a little improvising and the PPV matches are planned in future so it's staged.

...No...they aren't. They get told the finish, and if there's a big spot, they plan that in advance. Everything else in the ring is called in the ring. Your last post clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about...

they learn text given to them and even if they improvise it in ring that makes it more real, cause if it was fake then they wouldn't wrestle with effort. Their jobs as pro wrestlers are real and this is enough to prove that pro wrestling isn't fake on all aspects.

Tell me, is the Undertaker really a dead man?

Is Kane really a monster?

Is Triple H really a douchebag? (Trick question; yes he is)

It is as "real" as a reality TV show...because that's what it is.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

...No...they aren't. They get told the finish, and if there's a big spot, they plan that in advance. Everything else in the ring is called in the ring. Your last post clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about...

they learn text given to them and even if they improvise it in ring that makes it more real, cause if it was fake then they wouldn't wrestle with effort. Their jobs as pro wrestlers are real and this is enough to prove that pro wrestling isn't fake on all aspects.

So your entire argument is "since the actors exist, everything is real"...Yeah, that doesn't hold up at all. By your logic, Jeff Goldblum fights dinosaurs. It's fake. Them improvising pretty much everything in the ring doesn't make it "more real"...because as I've already said, the moves are designed to limit or prevent injury. Them calling moves on the fly instead of choreographing it all out in advance doesn't change that fact. And not everyone reads from a script during a promo. WWE is really the only one who even gives their talents scripts for promos, and even then, most guys don't really pay attention to them. There is also no extra effort on the performers part, except to entertain the crowd...since the match has a predetermined outcome, it's not like wrestling any harder changes that outcome. Now, there are aspects of pro wrestling that are real...injuries, shoots, the real life events some of the storylines are based on...but that doesn't mean that wrestling is not fake all of a sudden, and it especially isn't real "on all aspects."

Dangerous Noob

Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

So your entire argument is "since the actors exist, everything is real"...Yeah, that doesn't hold up at all. By your logic, Jeff Goldblum fights dinosaurs. It's fake. Them improvising pretty much everything in the ring doesn't make it "more real"...because as I've already said, the moves are designed to limit or prevent injury. Them calling moves on the fly instead of choreographing it all out in advance doesn't change that fact. And not everyone reads from a script during a promo. WWE is really the only one who even gives their talents scripts for promos, and even then, most guys don't really pay attention to them. There is also no extra effort on the performers part, except to entertain the crowd...since the match has a predetermined outcome, it's not like wrestling any harder changes that outcome. Now, there are aspects of pro wrestling that are real...injuries, shoots, the real life events some of the storylines are based on...but that doesn't mean that wrestling is not fake all of a sudden, and it especially isn't real "on all aspects."

if beer contains no alcohol why is it called non-alcoholic beer and not fake beer ?

Dangerous Noob

Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

Undertaker has a job to act on his dead man gimmick and that job is real, otherwise he wouldn't get paid.

Dangerous Noob

Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

the fact that not everything I see in the ring is scripted or staged makes even less fake.

You're an idiot...aren't you? Just because people get injured, it doesn't suddenly make the story real. Your argument is like arguing that the Twilight Zone movie actually happened because people actually died on the set. Clearly, that doesn't hold up...just like the rest of your argument.

But the injuries are real which proves that wrestling isn't overall fake and terms scripted and staged are more accurate.

I've already just explained an example of why that argument fails. Three people actually died on set while filming the Twilight Zone movie. Does that mean now that the story of the Twilight Zone movie is real? No? Then your argument is idiotic.

And if you really want to go into "overall" (which is where we ******** go in the first place when we talk about if wrestling is real or not), then fake is definitely the word. The action in the ring is definitely not scripted...it's mostly called in the ring. Most places also don't script out promos. The reason why it's fake, especially overall, it's not real. The competition portion of it is predetermined and essentially unimportant. The moves are designed to limit or prevent injuries. The storylines are made up. The people in the ring are playing characters. It would only be "scripted" if it all followed a script...and it doesn't. And it would only be "staged" if everything was planned out well in advanced...and it isn't. It's fake because the aspects of it are not real....ergo, fake. So you can stop trying to argue this now...as I've said before, people who can't come to grips with calling it fake (which is ridiculous because I'm sure you don't have that problem if someone were talking about movies or TV as if they were real) give wrestling fans a bad name. If you're on this site, you're old enough to know the truth, so it's time to grow up.

Do they announce the matches of a PPV during that PPV ? I don't think so

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

Undertaker has a job to act on his dead man gimmick and that job is real, otherwise he wouldn't get paid.

Well obviously his job is real, that's just common ******** sense. That doesn't make what he does real.

Try harder.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

So because they announce matches prior to a PPV, it must be real. If that's the case, then explain surprise matches. Since they exist, and on your admission it is real because they announce matches prior to it, then you have quite the contradiction on your hands, buttercup.

Dangerous Noob

Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

Well obviously his job is real, that's just common ******** sense. That doesn't make what he does real.

Try harder.

just because what he does in his job isn't real that doesn't mean it's 100% fake either

Dangerous Noob

Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

So because they announce matches prior to a PPV, it must be real. If that's the case, then explain surprise matches. Since they exist, and on your admission it is real because they announce matches prior to it, then you have quite the contradiction on your hands, buttercup.

WWE is a company and last time I checked, companies aren't fake. Therefore WWE isn't fake and neither is pro wrestling.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune

if beer contains no alcohol why is it called non-alcoholic beer and not fake beer ?

...That has no relevance to what we are talking about.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune

Try harder.

just because what he does in his job isn't real that doesn't mean it's 100% fake either

By that logic, again, Jeff Goldblum fights dinosaurs...it's idiocy. Quit getting butthurt over it, accept that it's fake, and move on.

Dangerous Noob

Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune

Try harder.

By that logic, again, Jeff Goldblum fights dinosaurs...it's idiocy. Quit getting butthurt over it, accept that it's fake, and move on.

I can't accept false facts.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune

Try harder.

Apparently, you do. If you think that because the occupation exists that everything involved in it is real, then not only do you completely accept false facts, you don't have a strong grip on reality.

Dangerous Noob

Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Rumblestiltskin
Larry The Kitsune
Dion Necurat
Larry The Kitsune

Try harder.

Apparently, you do. If you think that because the occupation exists that everything involved in it is real, then not only do you completely accept false facts, you don't have a strong grip on reality.

If pro wrestling was fake then it wouldn't be pro wrestling. It would be anything, but pro wrestling, claiming to be pro wrestling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff