I think it's a stupid idea. 0.016393442622951 1.6% [ 1 ]
I think it's not going to work. 0.049180327868852 4.9% [ 3 ]
I'll definitely use it! 0.14754098360656 14.8% [ 9 ]
Other (post about it!) 0.016393442622951 1.6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24 >

Demonic Noob

jyaansoup
I was wondering if anybody could help me out with a critique and a pricing? I only have one piece of recent art but I'll also give out my Deviantart if you'd like to look at more. Thanks in advance!
User Image

Hello heart

I really like your coloring it's very unique and your eyes are cute in the sample picture.
I think the lines, proportions and your clothes needs working on.
✦Most of your lines aren't smooth and what I mean by that is this
User Image

✦His torso is big and his arms are smaller in comparison. Even with the scarf covering his neck it isn't long enough underneath so his shoulders start off too high. Working on your hands will also help because right now they are almost proportionally correct but they could use a bit of work.
✦ your clothes look flat or not realistic to me, I think they could use some winkles or shading to indicate they are on top of a dimensional object (the body).
✦ Lastly the wings, wings are made of lots of feathers, big and small so that you don't need perfect straight or curved lines around the top, with the way you've drawn your wings, the tinier feathers can flair out at the top and then more around him to bring you more into the picture, I would red line but I dont have my tablet so I found a ref I think is pretty close to what I'm trying to say
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

my apologies if this is a girl heart

As for pricing I'd say you can sell these at maybe 4-5 bil

kurumiiru's Significant Otter

Bashful Receiver

Your hott Mom
jyaansoup
I was wondering if anybody could help me out with a critique and a pricing? I only have one piece of recent art but I'll also give out my Deviantart if you'd like to look at more. Thanks in advance!
User Image

Hello heart

I really like your coloring it's very unique and your eyes are cute in the sample picture.
I think the lines, proportions and your clothes needs working on.
✦Most of your lines aren't smooth and what I mean by that is this
User Image

✦His torso is big and his arms are smaller in comparison. Even with the scarf covering his neck it isn't long enough underneath so his shoulders start off too high. Working on your hands will also help because right now they are almost proportionally correct but they could use a bit of work.
✦ your clothes look flat or not realistic to me, I think they could use some winkles or shading to indicate they are on top of a dimensional object (the body).
✦ Lastly the wings, wings are made of lots of feathers, big and small so that you don't need perfect straight or curved lines around the top, with the way you've drawn your wings, the tinier feathers can flair out at the top and then more around him to bring you more into the picture, I would red line but I dont have my tablet so I found a ref I think is pretty close to what I'm trying to say
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

my apologies if this is a girl heart

As for pricing I'd say you can sell these at maybe 4-5 bil

Thank you so much for the detailed crit! I really feel like I can walk away and draw with some improvements heart
But I do have one question regarding how to make lines smoother. When I lined this I actually did a feathering/sketchy technique.... a whole line was composed of many feathered lines that were connected. Would you be able to fix lines like mine with stabilizer settings or would I have to improve the steadiness and fast strokes of my wrists?

Sparkly Phantom

Your hott Mom
bunnysan
someone please tell me why i don't like this... i feel like something is wrong with her face.... i don't know... something is wrong, i don't know what!!!!

User Image

Hello heart

I really like her, I think her coloring and shading are nice but her pose emotion_dowant and the saturation in her hair are my personally favorites.
I don't have my tablet with me now so I can't red line but I'd say the hair is throwing her off a bit because there is a bit too much on the right side and the shoulders; the right shoulder is longer than the left so it makes the arms misplaced

I see it now. All the hair is give her face and actual head a weird shape. Like on the right side of her hair, is a line that is too round giving her an odd shape.

In a relationship with Terrowva

I was wondering if I could get some quick critique, and pricing help.
Assistance with figuring out this pricing thing is what I require most, but critique is always nice to have.

Here are some of my pieces:

Bust Sketch:
User Image

Full Body Sketch:
User Image

Bust Full Colour:
User Image

User Image

Full Body Colour:
User Image

User Image

Thanks~

Demonic Noob

Thank you so much for the detailed crit! I really feel like I can walk away and draw with some improvements heart
But I do have one question regarding how to make lines smoother. When I lined this I actually did a feathering/sketchy technique.... a whole line was composed of many feathered lines that were connected. Would you be able to fix lines like mine with stabilizer settings or would I have to improve the steadiness and fast strokes of my wrists?

I'm glad to hear I helped 4laugh

I think once you finish your feathering/sketchy technique image you can erase the extra lines you don't like or
what I do is lower the opacity on the sketch
User Image
create a new layer then start to draw the lines you are going to use for the finished piece right over it.User Image
Finished lines
User Image

I use Sai a lot so I keep the stabilizer on S-4 it helps me to draw smoother lines so I think yes, It could help but if the pen is moving too slow you should play around with the stabilizer until you find one that is comfortable to you. I also recommend playing with your pen, airbrush, whatever tool you use, experiment with those settings, I keep my min settings between 1-3 %, my size at x5.o and a very large canvas. Also once you finish drawing the entire picture changing it's resolution to a smaller size can make the lines look smoother.
User Image

Demonic Noob

oisillon
General critiques and pricing would be nice, since I'm not sure my art is very typical Gaian art. rofl

User Image
User Image
User Image

hello heart

I can't critique the first picture since I' not monster savvy, *is sorry*

The second image, her body is smaller than her head so your proportions could use a bit of work, also I would suggest practice drawing some gaia avis if your aim is to sell this style here on gaia I think now they could go for probably up to 3 bil
Her head is facing straight ahead but her body is facing towards the viewer a bit, you would need to either turn the face towards the viewer or draw the body from a side angle. I do like how you draw the items on your characters body they aren't flat or sticking to her

In the last one, I really like your digital piece the most I think that it's a very cute and unique style. I would recommend making the fingers cartoon like instead of realistic You could sell this for maybe 7-10 bil but for someone that likes this style of art maybe up to 30 bil

Demonic Noob

Reality Fallacy

I was wondering if I could get some quick critique, and pricing help.
Assistance with figuring out this pricing thing is what I require most, but critique is always nice to have.

Here are some of my pieces:

Bust Sketch:
User Image

Full Body Sketch:
User Image

Bust Full Colour:
User Image

User Image

Full Body Colour:
User Image

User Image

Thanks~

hello heart

Bust Sketch: 1 bil

Full Body Sketch: 7 bil only because your proportions are off in some areas

Bust Full Colour: 10-15 bil I love the painted style but I think you don't use the shading highlighting and blending to your advantage. In the first image the hat, the fluff/feathers, and the face could all use just a little bit of each to make the picture even better.

Full Body Colour: I see the same areas needing work that I've already stated but in the last one I like how you highlighted the arm bands and the gold I think 10bil only b/c I see holes in the art that the background bleed though. I think laying down a base layer of color and then coloring over it would help, unless you meant to do that

Holding an auction where you offer maybe two full bodies also helps to see how much the people of gaia are willing to pay.

bunnysan

This is a really well done and good quality piece ^_^

my one and only crit is the mouth! I understand if it's just your style to have the mouth to the side like that but it slightly throws the face proportions off-kilter

User Image

oisillon

the first one looks great!

the second one:

the face is too large in proportion to the body. also the chin juts out just a tad too much! Everything else(lines, shading, detail) look great!

User Image

the third piece:

Looks great! Excellent lining, once again! What program do you use for your lineart? Only thing I see it the body proportion in comparison to the head.

User Image

As far as pricing, I agree with Your hott Mom (;

kurumiiru's Significant Otter

Bashful Receiver

Your hott Mom
jyaansoup

I'm glad to hear I helped 4laugh

I think once you finish your feathering/sketchy technique image you can erase the extra lines you don't like or
what I do is lower the opacity on the sketch
User Image
create a new layer then start to draw the lines you are going to use for the finished piece right over it.User Image
Finished lines
User Image

I use Sai a lot so I keep the stabilizer on S-4 it helps me to draw smoother lines so I think yes, It could help but if the pen is moving too slow you should play around with the stabilizer until you find one that is comfortable to you. I also recommend playing with your pen, airbrush, whatever tool you use, experiment with those settings, I keep my min settings between 1-3 %, my size at x5.o and a very large canvas. Also once you finish drawing the entire picture changing it's resolution to a smaller size can make the lines look smoother.
User Image

Thanks for the tips! I attempted to re-line some of the lineart under a stabilizer, and turns out it really helps! The stabilizer even helped make edges of the lines more transparent, so thats cool.
User Image
I was wondering if someone would price and critique my artwork.

User Image

I have more but all of my chibis pretty much look the same sweatdrop

Kawaii Shapeshifter

I'd love a critique & some pricing on my art please heart
I've only started drawing non chibi again recently so I know my anatomy's not great ^ ^;

User Image

User Image

User Image

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
This seems like an awesome idea emotion_kirakira
Sorry I'm the third in a straight line of critique-ees, but I would appreciate feedback from my art.
I'd love any and all feedback I can get, but my three main worries are that 1) my drawings are plain and boring and/or bright and whitewashed
User Image

2) my shading looks shallow 'cause I usually only use one colour for shadows
User Image

3) my outlined subjects look weird in no-line backgrounds
User Image

My gallery
Shrouded Cuteness

Hello! ^_^ Your artwork looks adorable!

I think your chibi could go for 1-3bil
but here are a few points to work on(and your price could easily go up. Chibis are all the rage in the art shops haha)
~the first thing I notice is all of the shiny marks across her cheeks and knees. I think the piece would be stronger if you had either fewer of those, or used a lighter skin color instead of just white.
~try a harder brush. I don't know what program you are using but I can tell you are using a soft brush for your shading and it is making the piece a bit blurry
~you should definitely make your lines a lot thicker.
~Have you heard of cell shading? check these tutorials out. You may have over blended a bit in a few parts(specifically your shadows)
~also it never hurts to practice on folds ^_^ Having proper folds will create so much more dimension in your work

and of course here are some more positive things I see-
~I love the was that you did her scarf! So cute- especially how it flows out behind her
~the chibi's composition in general is nice. doesn't appear that she'll tips over which is rare for chibis (;
~cute expression

overall, she's very well done!

Tales of Tales

Very HQ work, I must say ^_^

~excellent shading
~good anatomy
~good coloring
~very nice style

I'm sure your shop will be quite successful~ I would start out with slightly lower prices(and raise them up as you get more experience in the shops)
bust could go for 6-8bil
waist/thigh up- 12-15bil

continue working on hands and you should be good to go c:

here are some fantastic resources for honing your craft:
hands stock
figure drawing practice
and here is a page full of incredible resources
SuggieSarah

Thanks a lot smile

Kawaii Shapeshifter

SuggieSarah
Thank you very much redface