Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Explorer

azulmagia
Jesus, Ryan is in full fear-mongering mode vis-a-vis the alleged Iranian A-bomb project.
I want to know what he wants to do about Russia blocking sanctions.
Major Lima Charlie
azulmagia
Jesus, Ryan is in full fear-mongering mode vis-a-vis the alleged Iranian A-bomb project.

I think he's counting on viewers not noticing what can be done about it. 2 + 2 = 4, in this case = unilateral, Bush-style policies.

As to what Biden has to do:

Quote:
The most important thing Joe Biden can do tonight is describe the Ryan Budget in the clearest terms possible.

(link)

Biden is doing good so far though.

Devoted Explorer

azulmagia
Major Lima Charlie
azulmagia

I think he's counting on viewers not noticing what can be done about it. 2 + 2 = 4, in this case = unilateral, Bush-style policies.

As to what Biden has to do:

Quote:
The most important thing Joe Biden can do tonight is describe the Ryan Budget in the clearest terms possible.

(link)

Biden is doing good so far though.
He's not pulling his punches. Jeebus.
Major Lima Charlie

I think Obama was caught askew by Romney choosing just that moment to flip-flop yet again.

Damn Biden's doing good. For once the MSM is helping, by their pundits puffing up Ryan beyond the reality of Ryan. So now he must come down to Earth. The irony.

Devoted Explorer

azulmagia
Major Lima Charlie

I think Obama was caught askew by Romney choosing just that moment to flip-flop yet again.

Damn Biden's doing good. For once the MSM is helping, by their pundits puffing up Ryan beyond the reality of Ryan. So now he must come down to Earth. The irony.
I'm loving how Biden grins like a shark every time he gets ready to go on the offensive. Ryan has a great poker face, but that shark grin is awesome.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Biden is killing it.

Devoted Explorer

Less Than Liz
Biden is killing it.
They need to stop talking over each other because Ryan has a habit of getting catty ("I know you're under great duress to make up for Obama's performance..." wink when people do it and it makes me really anxious. I'm going to be bleeding from my fingertips before too long.
Ryan is outright ducking the question on tax loophole specifics because of bipartisanship bullshit, some crap about Reagan and O'Neil.

Devoted Explorer

She needs to tell them to both quit talking over each other. WHERE'S THE WHISTLE?!

Omnipresent Warlord

I like how Biden keeps calling Ryan congressman after Ryan specifically asked the moderator to address him as "mister"

Devoted Explorer

Omnileech
I like how Biden keeps calling Ryan congressman after Ryan specifically asked the moderator to address him as "mister"
He is lacking in decorum, which is also making me uncomfortable. The "my friend" thing is bugging me, too.

Time-traveling Senshi

Major Lima Charlie
azulmagia
Major Lima Charlie

I'm loving how Biden grins like a shark every time he gets ready to go on the offensive. Ryan has a great poker face, but that shark grin is awesome.

That shark grin is a good indicator of just where the fact checkers need to start checking facts. Every time Ryan goes on fear mongering or spewing out half truths or not actually answering the question (I'm getting the feeling he was told to tell stories that puff up Romney when he can't give the answer to the questions she's asking) Biden starts to smile and nearly chuckle.

And you know, not once during this debate so far has Ryan actually looked at the camera and addressed the people he's trying to convince. At least three times when he was addressing the issue of Social Security and Medicare did Biden look directly at the camera and address the people watching the debate and the people in the auditorium at that college. That's one thing that people said Obama failed to do and I think if Ryan had to look at the people he wouldn't be able to give his straight from a script styled answers. They're too polished and too rehearsed and too slick that it doesn't sound like he really means anything he says. Just once Ryan look at us and talk to us not the poor debate moderator. You're not trying to convince her to vote for you you're trying to convince the undecided voter. You're trying to convince CNN's scrolling green and yellow lines so talk directly to them you Cheesehead.

Omnipresent Warlord

Ryan sounded nervous and Biden was playing off him pretty well.
Omnileech

Congress is perenially unpopular, why would he want to be associated with such an ill-starred institution?

Time-traveling Senshi

Oh good gravy you Cheesehead don't go spouting out the southern evangelical personhood crap. I'm Roman Catholic and I don't agree with that bull hockey. And he's still not looking at the dang camera and speaking directly to the people watching the debate at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff