Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Warlord

The debate comes on today and will the only time Paul Ryan and Joe Biden will debate.

Joe Biden is either great at debating or makes a complete fool of himself when he shoots his mouth off. He beat Palin last time around, but she was in way over her head. He's had plenty of experience debating as he has made several attempts at the presidency before and probably hopes to try again in 2016.

Paul Ryan is young, but has been eager to sell his ideas and will get his chance on the debate floor. He so far in interview has been hesitant to lay down specifics, but he may not get the chance to avoid that. Libya is sure to come up and he'll be smart to use the embassy attacks to his advantage if he can.

Who do you think will win? What topics will come up? Will this be a fun debate to watch? Drinking game plans and/or buzzwords you expect to come up?
The problem for Ryan is that the common man very much trusts Big Joe. He sat on foreign relations committees forever, has kids serving/served, has always worked hard for the blue collars, etc.
Ryan attacks him economically, Biden simply points to the job growth in Detroit as prima facie evidence of Obama's mad skills, and we remember the years where Joe has fought for our economy.
Ryan attacks him foreign, Biden just laughs and discusses how he's been meeting with foreign leaders since before Ryry was out of a diaper
Finally, even if Biden pulls a Biden, it only serves to make us love him more. He isn't a Dean, American's understand and get Biden's mistakes
agrab0ekim
The problem for Ryan is that the common man very much trusts Big Joe. He sat on foreign relations committees forever, has kids serving/served, has always worked hard for the blue collars, etc.
Ryan attacks him economically, Biden simply points to the job growth in Detroit as prima facie evidence of Obama's mad skills, and we remember the years where Joe has fought for our economy.
Ryan attacks him foreign, Biden just laughs and discusses how he's been meeting with foreign leaders since before Ryry was out of a diaper
Finally, even if Biden pulls a Biden, it only serves to make us love him more. He isn't a Dean, American's understand and get Biden's mistakes

Some of you do. The rest of us realize that about half his folksie stories are complete and utter lies and he's about as generous as Ebeneezer Scrooge, and slightly less appealing.

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I hope The Onion's Biden shows up. He can stagger on stage drunk as s**t and during breaks mention how he's going to bang some cute stage hand he saw on his way up, and still win.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

LET'S GET IT ON, SON!!

Beloved Regular

8,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
agrab0ekim

Some of you do. The rest of us realize that about half his folksie stories are complete and utter lies and he's about as generous as Ebeneezer Scrooge, and slightly less appealing.

I do not see how appearance and generosity have any relevance to anything that was said by agrab, nor do I see what lies were said. Care to enlighten?

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
If Ryan can make economic and tax policy palatable to your average viewer, I'm leaning (slightly) in his direction. Otherwise, Biden will charm the s**t out of people so long as he avoids major, major gaffes.
The New Wineskin
Old Blue Collar Joe
agrab0ekim

I do not see how appearance and generosity have any relevance to anything that was said by agrab, nor do I see what lies were said. Care to enlighten?

I do my damndest to avoid blanket statements about how 'the common man' supports Joe. A lot of those on the left do, but there's quite a lot on the other side that don't, and to attempt to equate he speaks to all/the majority is to really blatantly lie.
Joe isn't an everybody politician. Many of us trust him about as far as we can throw Rosie O'Donnell's fat a**, and many of us can't even lift her.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Less Than Liz
If Ryan can make economic and tax policy palatable to your average viewer, I'm leaning (slightly) in his direction. Otherwise, Biden will charm the s**t out of people so long as he avoids major, major gaffes.

Assuming he can find any that he'd actually be forthcoming about.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Disa Uniflora
Less Than Liz

Assuming he can find any that he'd actually be forthcoming about.

I think the past few run-arounds have been vague because they've had to make Ryan's original policy more malleable in light of Romney's more...compromising record. Were I in their shoes, I would have hammered that out now to the point where Ryan knows the dos and do nots of specific policy, but we'll see.
Less Than Liz
If Ryan can make economic and tax policy palatable to your average viewer, I'm leaning (slightly) in his direction.

Well, he can start by enumerating which loopholes he would close to make the $4.6 trillion worth of tax cuts revenue neutral in that infamous budget plan of his.

Don't hold your breath though.

Devoted Explorer

Biden's going for the throat. Yowza.
Jesus, Ryan is in full fear-mongering mode vis-a-vis the alleged Iranian A-bomb project.

Devoted Explorer

Also, Biden's got a farking awful poker face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff