Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Noob

I don't mind any of the generations. My only problem is how they sorta commercialized it with happy meals nowadays and crap. And the in-game movie studio. That is turd gold I tell you.

Mind-boggling Lover

Seriously... Gen 3 is "old" now? Damn, what's wrong with you kids? xD

I remember playing Pokemon Blue and the big thing was the MissingNo glitch... Getting infinite rare candies and masterballs. If you had a level 100 Pokemon, you were the real deal back in the day xD
Virulent Usagi
Joko_Phoenix
2005 when technology just started

I lol'd.
They always said I had a comedic side..
Pinkie Pyro
Joko_Phoenix
Let's go back to 2005 when technology just started and we were like younger. I used to be a huge Pokemon fan back when I was little. I remember when I used to have a game-boy and I had the old Pokemon games like Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire. My favorite one was Ruby. Honestly, I look on how Pokemon has evolved and honestly I don't really like it. I miss the old Pokemon these days. Like remember how the towns weren't so updated like it was back then. It's my opinion. What do you think?
I think you're too young to be saying anything like that if you started in Generation 3, when most people started to hate it.
I watched it when it started so yeah....I know what I'm saying!
For better or for worse, Pokemon have changed a lot over time. I do prefer the old ones, but among the newer ones a lot of them are pretty awesome too. Besides, every new gen comes up with something even better than the last one (not exactly the Pokemon variety, I mean more features) so it has its bright side. I started playing since the first gen, with Pokemon Red being my first game :3

Kallen-chan's Husband

Ice-Cold Guest

14,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
If you ask me, animewise, I would rather go with the old mostly because of childhood memories. The games however, I would rather have the new because I really want some new features in the games instead of the broken s**t that was gen 1 sweatdrop

Seasonal Pumpkin

22,150 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
to be honest i like the old cause i know them all xD

Newbie Gaian

I loved the 1st generation the most ninja

Invisible Browser

7,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I like generation 2 bc you could also go to 1. Generation 3 was my least favorite. The newer games aren't bad either. I like the idea of battling people all over the world over having they person right next to you with a cable. In my youth, I moved around a lot and girls were considered weird for playing Pokémon lol. Plus, trading is easier and with all the Pokemon out there, it would just be a hassle to get them all without the use of the Internet ;P

Dapper Swapper

9,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I like HeartGold on the NDS. Its fun to play, I like the pokemon better than the ones in Black and White.
To tell the truth, I really like the new versions better. Mostly because I had no GameBoy, I own a DS Lite and a DSi, and the fact that my first Pokemon game was Diamond. It was a pretty late start into Pokemon. sweatdrop But Pokemon White 2 rocks all, at least that's what I think. heart

Floppy Member

As somebody who has played at least one game of each generation, getting red when it came out and all that jazz, i can say that to me at least, pokemon is way better now, the sheer amount of pokemon to pick from, the amazing tactics you can now employ, better gameplay and the sprites look far less creepy these days, all these things make pokemon great, and i'm sure it will continue to get better for many years to come.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff