Welcome to Gaia! ::

Let's go back to 2005 when technology just started and we were like younger. I used to be a huge Pokemon fan back when I was little. I remember when I used to have a game-boy and I had the old Pokemon games like Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire. My favorite one was Ruby. Honestly, I look on how Pokemon has evolved and honestly I don't really like it. I miss the old Pokemon these days. Like remember how the towns weren't so updated like it was back then. It's my opinion. What do you think?

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
Joko_Phoenix
Let's go back to 2005 when technology just started and we were like younger. I used to be a huge Pokemon fan back when I was little. I remember when I used to have a game-boy and I had the old Pokemon games like Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire. My favorite one was Ruby. Honestly, I look on how Pokemon has evolved and honestly I don't really like it. I miss the old Pokemon these days. Like remember how the towns weren't so updated like it was back then. It's my opinion. What do you think?
I think you're too young to be saying anything like that if you started in Generation 3, when most people started to hate it.

Desirable Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
To Tell you the truth...i loved pokemon when i was younger,watched the anime,played the games and even raged when a gym leader beat me....I Loved it and i prefer the old pokemon (My mom got me the older pokemon....) more then the newer ones.......

Desirable Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Pinkie Pyro
Joko_Phoenix
I think you're too young to be saying anything like that if you started in Generation 3, when most people started to hate it.

Who cares? Everyone has a favorite generation so i don't think it matters if hes too young....

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
Pinkie Pyro

That, or the topic is a clever parody that dismisses the complaints of the eldest fans by likening them to a hypothetical younger fan who, despite living in different times, developed the same nostalgic preferences for that which previous fans had made the object of their scorn. Or, you know, something like that. ninja

I'm not saying that this is my personal opinion, but it does seem somewhat likely considering that he referenced 2005 as being a time when technology was just starting. That... I don't know, it just seems too silly to be what he actually thinks. I mean, my generation started off with the NES and such, but even we know about the likes of Atari and old school arcades. sweatdrop

Oh, right, on-topic, just in case it's a genuine question: I still like the newer ones, because they add adorableness like Audino and Minccino. That is all. whee

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

Generation III was the most unpopular Pokemon generation there has ever been. Those games did so poorly in comparison to other Pokemon main titles they had to release the Gen1 game remakes to make up the profit and save face. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking Gen III, it's just not a good starting ground.

And 2005... when technology was getting started?

Anyhow, Pokemon is better now than it's ever been, entirely because it's everything it ever was plus a great deal more. If people prefer the older games, there are remakes and the originals. But most people who prefer the older games to, say, their remakes? Only prefer them due to nostalgia. I've still never heard a good reasoning for why having over 600 Pokemon is a bad thing, or why only having 151 is a good thing.

Fashionable Lunatic

ℜinny says: 2005?
rofl rofl rofl

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Im Rinny
rofl rofl rofl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.What's so funny? The forums are pg-13... Meaning he can also still be younger then most of us here and therefor the current generation he 1st grew up with was the 3rd... cat_neutral

Personally I prefer the newer games... They have nicer graphics and way more Pokémons... I really loved Pokémon Gold when I was little... But aside from a few minor things, Pokémon Soul Silver does a pretty good job too... Also enjoying White 2 here... Though I sometimes have problems getting used to certain games which is why I kinda skipped D/P/Pt/B/W... As for the Pokémons, the more the merrier I'd say... cat_3nodding
old is way better

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
Ahhh Generation III. Metric ******** of water, no physical/special split, and limited movepools all over. I rather like the larger cities in newer Generations. It's more realistic. Gen IV was a godsend.

Also, for genwunners:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
YunaSama
Im Rinny
rofl rofl rofl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.What's so funny? The forums are pg-13... Meaning he can also still be younger then most of us here and therefor the current generation he 1st grew up with was the 3rd... cat_neutral

⊱ 'You can only pretend we're two of a kind...'

If he's under 13, he can't be on the site.

'...For I am cut from your mortal fears.'⊰
As someone who laughs at the idea of 2005 being the dawn of technology... I've liked most of the Pokemon games. So, my answer would have to be "better old AND new."

I mean, let's face it. When G/S came out, we already had "genwunners" who didn't like this, that, or Togepi. And you had people who loved both.

The same happened in Ru/Sa, in D/P, in B/W, and the seeds are already planted for X/Y.

There will always be people who:
  • Favour their first generation over the later;
  • Favour THE first generation over the later, regardless of whether they ever played it;
  • Favour the current generation over all previous;
  • Hate third gen specifically;
  • Like me, enjoy them all for the most part;
  • And whatever other colours are in the rainbow of opinions.

MasturChef
Ahhh Generation III. Metric ******** of water, no physical/special split

To be fair, neither first nor second had "physical/special split" either. It's a welcome innovation now, but consider what you had to work with back then in its own context. 3nodding

Fashionable Lunatic

YunaSama
Im Rinny
rofl rofl rofl

Personally I prefer the newer games... They have nicer graphics and way more Pokémons... I really loved Pokémon Gold when I was little... But aside from a few minor things, Pokémon Soul Silver does a pretty good job too... Also enjoying White 2 here... Though I sometimes have problems getting used to certain games which is why I kinda skipped D/P/Pt/B/W... As for the Pokémons, the more the merrier I'd say... cat_3nodding
ℜinny says: He said technology was starting out in 2005

2005!!! rofl

Desirable Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Poeden

Generation III was the most unpopular Pokemon generation there has ever been. Those games did so poorly in comparison to other Pokemon main titles they had to release the Gen1 game remakes to make up the profit and save face. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking Gen III, it's just not a good starting ground.

And 2005... when technology was getting started?

Anyhow, Pokemon is better now than it's ever been, entirely because it's everything it ever was plus a great deal more. If people prefer the older games, there are remakes and the originals. But most people who prefer the older games to, say, their remakes? Only prefer them due to nostalgia. I've still never heard a good reasoning for why having over 600 Pokemon is a bad thing, or why only having 151 is a good thing.

...i actually liked generation 3...

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Im Rinny
YunaSama
Im Rinny
rofl rofl rofl

ℜinny says: He said technology was starting out in 2005

2005!!! rofl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.And if he's 13, he was probably 6 years old in 2005... cat_neutral
Edit: Oh wait... I get it now... Kinda read over the "technology started" part... cat_sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff