Welcome to Gaia! ::

I got so excited because I thought someone was going to start talking about Gen 1 and 2... oopsies rolleyes hahaha

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
Pinky The Alpaca
Poeden

Generation III was the most unpopular Pokemon generation there has ever been. Those games did so poorly in comparison to other Pokemon main titles they had to release the Gen1 game remakes to make up the profit and save face. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking Gen III, it's just not a good starting ground.

And 2005... when technology was getting started?

Anyhow, Pokemon is better now than it's ever been, entirely because it's everything it ever was plus a great deal more. If people prefer the older games, there are remakes and the originals. But most people who prefer the older games to, say, their remakes? Only prefer them due to nostalgia. I've still never heard a good reasoning for why having over 600 Pokemon is a bad thing, or why only having 151 is a good thing.

...i actually liked generation 3...

Doesn't change the fact that a lot of people didn't, and it was the least successful of all the generations' main games. I'm not even personally degrading it (I didn't care for R/S/E myself, but it had some good features and that generation had some of the best designs overall.) I'm just stating a fact. It was the least popular generation, based on the main games, by a good margin.

Desirable Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Poeden
Pinky The Alpaca
Poeden

Generation III was the most unpopular Pokemon generation there has ever been. Those games did so poorly in comparison to other Pokemon main titles they had to release the Gen1 game remakes to make up the profit and save face. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with liking Gen III, it's just not a good starting ground.

Anyhow, Pokemon is better now than it's ever been, entirely because it's everything it ever was plus a great deal more. If people prefer the older games, there are remakes and the originals. But most people who prefer the older games to, say, their remakes? Only prefer them due to nostalgia. I've still never heard a good reasoning for why having over 600 Pokemon is a bad thing, or why only having 151 is a good thing.

Doesn't change the fact that a lot of people didn't, and it was the least successful of all the generations' main games. I'm not even personally degrading it (I didn't care for R/S/E myself, but it had some good features and that generation had some of the best designs overall.) I'm just stating a fact. It was the least popular generation, based on the main games, by a good margin.

Yes i know...And thats kinda sad . ~.,Mhm i loved generation 3 ...
I Dont understand why people hate it thou?. _.
oh well the designs are good in that game i agree ^ w^

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
Doesn't matter.
Pokemon is Pokemon
That's all there is about it.
Is this legit? A Hoennbabby actually complaining about newer generations?
Sandokiri
As someone who laughs at the idea of 2005 being the dawn of technology... I've liked most of the Pokemon games. So, my answer would have to be "better old AND new."

I mean, let's face it. When G/S came out, we already had "genwunners" who didn't like this, that, or Togepi. And you had people who loved both.

The same happened in Ru/Sa, in D/P, in B/W, and the seeds are already planted for X/Y.

There will always be people who:
  • Favour their first generation over the later;
  • Favour THE first generation over the later, regardless of whether they ever played it;
  • Favour the current generation over all previous;
  • Hate third gen specifically;
  • Like me, enjoy them all for the most part;
  • And whatever other colours are in the rainbow of opinions.

MasturChef
Ahhh Generation III. Metric ******** of water, no physical/special split

To be fair, neither first nor second had "physical/special split" either. It's a welcome innovation now, but consider what you had to work with back then in its own context. 3nodding
That's an intimidating title you have. How often do you frequent this forum?

I got 3mil on the line right now, don't let me get banned until I receive it and smuggle it onto another account.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I liked gen1 because I was a kid, same with gen 2. The only reason I liked gen3 was because of Emerald's Battle Frontier, nothing else. Sure, new Pokemon are always welcome in my book, but they do not define the generation for me. I care more about the challenges and gameplay.

Gen 4 added massive changes, including but not limited to network play (broadening the competitive field of the game exponentially), a physical/special split that let Pokemon like Sneasel, Blaziken and Gengar see their full potential (sneasel: ice/dark were special types, but had an abysmal sp.atk. Blaziken easily had higher physical attack and lost out on good STAB fire because it was all special. Gengar, poison and ghost, physical types, with pathetic physical attack), and vast expanses of new hold items and abilities making teams and battles more interesting.

Now we have 5th gen, with Triple and Rotation battles (and again more hold items/abilities/type combinations), creating entirely new ways to experience battling.

The only actual argument I've ever heard about ANY older generation was one based purely in opinion about the designs of the Pokemon, as a person cannot substantially argue that game mechanics and battles used to be better. Every new generation has done something to expand on what came before it, which is what newer games are supposed to do. Thus, from an analytic (and financial) standpoint, newer generations so far have only made the game (that is, the experience of the game) irrefutably better for the fan base as a whole.

Naturally, if a person simply prefers one or more of the older generations, that is their liberty to do so. The OP used the sensible way of stating this, claiming that they personally don't like the new systems. They did not try to make claims about how an older game was entirely better, but made it clear by the context of their post that it's what they liked. Hats off to you, OP. You understand the difference between fact and opinion!

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
tone ox
At least they said they personally don't like it, instead of trying to make statistically false statements like how they were factually entirely better than what we have now.
Neophenx de Chrysalya
tone ox
At least they said they personally don't like it, instead of trying to make statistically false statements like how they were factually entirely better than what we have now.
Well yeh. You'd have to be a complete dingus to try and pass off subjective information as an objective foundation to an argument.

It's just that, you know, the OP literally sounds like a genwunner or Johtoddler. It's a bit silly when you think about it.

Dangerous Raider

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
tone ox
Neophenx de Chrysalya
tone ox
Well yeh. You'd have to be a complete dingus to try and pass off subjective information as an objective foundation to an argument.

It's just that, you know, the OP literally sounds like a genwunner or Johtoddler. It's a bit silly when you think about it.
Not quite. The person did specifically state that it was their personal feeling. There ARE morons who try to say that RBY was THE best for one opinionated reason or another. The "genwunners" or "nostalgiafags" as I've heard them called do tend to speak very adamantly and pridefully about their opinion as if it's truth.

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
Pinky The Alpaca
Poeden
Pinky The Alpaca
Poeden

Well the reason I personally didn't care for R/S/E... I hate the GBA's pastel-style graphics, and I just didn't like how the games were laid out. They're the -only- main Pokemon games I've never been able to get into. Something about the way the region is designed just didn't sit well with me.
Neophenx de Chrysalya
tone ox
Neophenx de Chrysalya
tone ox

Not quite. The person did specifically state that it was their personal feeling. There ARE morons who try to say that RBY was THE best for one opinionated reason or another. The "genwunners" or "nostalgiafags" as I've heard them called do tend to speak very adamantly and pridefully about their opinion as if it's truth.
That's because nostalgia overrides common sense. You get it now? Repeat after me; Nostalgia. Overrides. Common. Sense.

This is why I picked up one of these things at the dollar store and jerked off with it immediately once I got home.

User Image

Desirable Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Poeden
Pinky The Alpaca
Poeden
Pinky The Alpaca
Poeden

Well the reason I personally didn't care for R/S/E... I hate the GBA's pastel-style graphics, and I just didn't like how the games were laid out. They're the -only- main Pokemon games I've never been able to get into. Something about the way the region is designed just didn't sit well with me.

I Like hoeen over the others personally... i liked it ^ w^ oh thats sad xD...
Oh well everyone likes their own generation > 3<
Meh i dont really care for the maps...

Friendly Werewolf

18,525 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
i was going to say "you think RSE is old, i started with RBY!" but everyone seems to have already hit that button... anyway, yes, i tend to miss playing the older generations mainly because the battles were easier to calculate since it did not have so much value training. plus the older pokemon didn't seem as bizarre as the newer ones. or like cheap knock-offs of the previously made pokemon... i do like the multi-battles and the rotation battles are pretty fun, but they don't feel like they last as long as they did way back when. plus i miss the pokemon staduim style games. (battle revolution does not have rental pokemon as far as i know, so i do not count that, and the colosseums are more fun doing the story instead of the quick battles in my opinion.)

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I prefer the newer stuff. The way the newer Pokémon look is so much better compared to the bland old ones.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff