Welcome to Gaia! ::

Haven't been on here in quite a while so I figured I should stop by and tell everyone how things are going.

A little dumbo agouti boy we had at the rattery was adopted and went to his new home today.

We got in an huge order of hammocks and hangables, pictures can be found here: [click] If your ever looking for a good, affordable place to order hammocks, http://www.thelittleredladybug.com/ is where we got ours, and they were a great price and seem quite well made.

Some of our rats are showing signs of either lice or mites :l we are treating everyone, the little boy who went to his new home today went home with a bottle of Revulsion to treat him and his two companions as a precaution. Our rats will be reviving oral ivermectim (besides the pregnant ones) and everyone is going to be getting a bath with a tea tree oil shampoo once a week for the next month. All wooden toys are being removed and frozen for at least 24 hours, and none will be placed in the cage until the month of treatment is up. With any luck that will clean everything up.

So how is everyone and how are your rats? smile

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
hiysinphlay

So how is everyone and how are your rats? smile

My rat is being a bit of a butt lately. She is never pleased when it comes to cage cleaning day, and is always at her worst when she knows its coming.

I always try to coax her into her rat ball with some treats so she can wander the house free from the possibility of being pounced on by cats or chihuahuas when I do so, but she's caught onto that game and now I have to pretty much grab her as gently as possible and maneuver her into the ball v_v

She's fine once she's in the ball, but trying to get her in takes like 5 minutes at least. She's pretty fidgety and I'm very nervous about just grabbin' her and puttin' her in there. She's my first small mammal pet, and unlike anoles grabbin' her around the head doesn't make her freeze up and stay still XD;a.

Aside from cage cleaning woes, we're both fine. :]

Omnipresent Loiterer

9,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Once again I am here for an advice!

Recently my rats, who are usually pretty tame, have became slightly aggressive.
They try to bite me and struggle a lot when I try to hold them.
They also don't seem to eat much, because their food bowl has been full for days, when usually they empty it very quickly, probably hiding the food somewhere in their nest.

It really worries me that they might be depressed or something, and I don't know if there's something I can do, or if I should take them to a vet.
They physically seem okay, but they sleep an awful lot.

I recently put new levels to my rat's cage, switching old smelly wooden ones with new plastic ones.
Before that, my rats were in a small cage for almost a month, because I had to take them home for the vacation and then I was ill, they couldn't stay in my apartment, where I keep the big cage, because no one could take care of them.

Could the change of their cage or prolonged life in a small cage do this to them?

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
So exciting news at Hiysin's and I's rattery, we have two litters on the ground. I am super happy and hopefully that Little Paws Rattery will become very popular here in Iowa.

Here are some pictures of the two litters, one was only born yesterday thus the lack of pictures.

Adolf x Tiana

Adolf is our Black Hairless male with the dumbo gene
Tiana is our Black Virgated female with the hairless gene and dumbo gene

Bolt x Kitze

Bolt is our Blue Russian Blaze with Dumbo ears
Kitze is our Blue Beige
Little Sholac
So exciting news at Hiysin's and I's rattery, we have two litters on the ground. I am super happy and hopefully that Little Paws Rattery will become very popular here in Iowa.

Here are some pictures of the two litters, one was only born yesterday thus the lack of pictures.

Adolf x Tiana

Bolt x Kitze

Kitze is our Blue Beige
What part of Iowa are you in?

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Lupe Garu
Little Sholac

Adolf x Tiana

Bolt x Kitze

Kitze is our Blue Beige

We are located in southern, ia about an hour south of Des Moines.
Little Paws Rattery, here is our rattery page.
Little Sholac
Lupe Garu

Ahh you're about 2 and a half hours from me 3nodding If I ever decide to get more rats I might have to come to you.

Invisible Smoker

My lovely "tree rat", Westley!!! ^_^

User Image

User Image

User Image
Lupe Garu
Little Sholac
Lupe Garu

Ahh you're about 2 and a half hours from me 3nodding If I ever decide to get more rats I might have to come to you.

Please do contact us if you ever do smile we could met you in the middle somewhere, we seem to be the only rattery anywhere in the area haha.
Haven't done an update in a while, all our ratties are doing good. I'm supper excited we are on only our second litter at the rattery and already almost all the babies are adopted! Well I suppose I should say reserved, they are still with us until they wean, but it's exciting. This is also my first ever litter of hairless ratties, it's different and exciting.

We got three more rats for the rattery, we're working on creating a fawn line, because I'm obsessed with fawn lol. Eris and Cleo. Oh and we got a blue boy to start on a blue line, seeing as they are in such high demand, we're still on search for a female though. Meet Pixel. We are also pushing to have all dumbo in our lines, since that's what the people want, and I can't blame them I'm quite partial to those huge ears too c:

So how is everyone, and how are your ratties?

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Well I finally got to actual introductions today. And I have to say, Holly is HAPPY! I wasn't expecting it to go so smoothly but I guess Holly was really missing having a sister, but now she has 4 smile
If all gos well Ponyo, Ed, Natzumi, and Tohru will move into the critter nation and I can get rid of that stupid tank I've been keeping them in.

Wheezing Fatcat

User Image

~Wow, this thread is super helpful <3 I'm thinking about getting a rat or two, but I can't have any pets where I live. >>; So just doing some preliminary research for now. ^^~

I'm happy to say I have officially re-joined the rat owner community. It's been two years since I've owned rats. I swore my last boys would be my last rats, but I wasn't fooling anyone. Once a rat lover always a rat lover. And I was lucky enough to fall in love with a guy who also loves rats.

Yesterday we adopted three baby boys.
Meet Onion (the PEW), Olive (front) and Oatmeal (middle).
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I got them this cage:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm quite surprised to say that this might actually be one of the nicest rat cages I've ever had. I really wasn't expecting it to be. I got it because it was the largest cage they had with tiny bar spacing.
... not that they'll spend much time in it. I've got Olive out right now for bonding time. He's quite the little ham.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff