Welcome to Gaia! ::

My little brother has a rat named Mr. Fuzzy. I met him once on a trip to visit my parents, he is such a sweet little animal. If my husband didn't have such a huge issue with the tails I would get one again. (I used to have 2 hairless rats, Wrinkle-Butt and D'Arcy)
MelbHodgewinkle
My little brother has a rat named Mr. Fuzzy. I met him once on a trip to visit my parents, he is such a sweet little animal. If my husband didn't have such a huge issue with the tails I would get one again. (I used to have 2 hairless rats, Wrinkle-Butt and D'Arcy)

Just tell him he doesn't have to have anything to do with them xD Nah I understand respecting his decision. I'm glad though that my guy doesn't have a problem with rats I doubt I'd be dating someone who couldn't live with them.
Do you have any pictures of your old ratties? :3 used to have two hairless boys myself, I recently had to put one down though so now I've only got one. His name is Pinky :3 I'm glad he's bonded so well with my furred rats though, I've heard that sometimes they have a hard time doing that.
hiysinphlay
MelbHodgewinkle

Just tell him he doesn't have to have anything to do with them xD Nah I understand respecting his decision. I'm glad though that my guy doesn't have a problem with rats I doubt I'd be dating someone who couldn't live with them.
Do you have any pictures of your old ratties? :3 used to have two hairless boys myself, I recently had to put one down though so now I've only got one. His name is Pinky :3 I'm glad he's bonded so well with my furred rats though, I've heard that sometimes they have a hard time doing that.

Both my girls died a few years ago, but they were my firsts, so they hold a special place for me. So warm and cuddly, haha
I don't have any pictures, they were lost in the great computer replacement of '09. sad
me likely rats C:
I have two pet rats, Lo and Behold(Bebe for short), and they are by far the best pets I have ever had. I love them so much, they really are the perfect pets. heart

Tipsy Bunny

Sophie, my mock hairless, has a vet appointment for her spaying, but I'm really scared ._. She's so tiny and delicate. I trust the vet, she spayed my rabbit for me, and she works with local rescues, so she spays and neuters rats all the time. But, still ._. I don't know how to ease my anxiety, I'll be absolutely crushed if something goes wrong.

Invisible Citizen

User Image

So for the first time in the last week Esmeralda has been escaping out of the cage. :c
She doesn't leave the top of the cage but it still makes me worry that she'll start going further away.
Today she's escaped at least five times and last night she escaped as well.
I may have to put her in the torture cage till she fattens up a bit. D;
ukkkkkk-m
^ Her typing.

Aw I'm so disappointed guys, I just applied for a rat and got turned down. It was for a breeding male and the rattery wasn't comfortable with the whole breeding for feeders thing, just sucks is all I really want a good quality male. >.<;

Invisible Citizen

hiysinphlay
Aw I'm so disappointed guys, I just applied for a rat and got turned down. It was for a breeding male and the rattery wasn't comfortable with the whole breeding for feeders thing, just sucks is all I really want a good quality male. >.<;

Awe. :c That sucks they wouldn't give you to him just because you planned to breed healthy feeders. :/
Actually that's just ridiculous.. I could understand if it was a female and you back-to-back bred her but a male? bleh. :c

Invisible Citizen

User Image

So I was on kijiji just looking at cages and a ferret nation (double unit) popped up.
The advertisement was posted nine hours ago so it's a good chance I emailed them first.
Anyway I told them we could only pay $150 (they're asking $200 o.b.o) due to the gas making it practically $250.
It just wouldn't be a good deal paying $250 for secondhand if I could get one brand new for $320.
Anyhow hopefully they take my offer, we'd be able to pick it up this coming Wednesday. c:
I hope they understand where I'm coming from and lower it to $150 otherwise we won't get it.
It'll be my females cage and then my rabbit can go back into the female rats current cage and the degus can go into the rabbits (current) cage.
If we can't get it we'll be getting one in January, my father gets his bonus then and said he'd buy new cages if we didn't get two before then.

We're getting the ferret nation on Wednesday. ♥♥♥
We're paying $170 but that's not too bad, it's very exciting and I can't wait to set it up for my girls. (:

Prince Charmant
hiysinphlay

Awe. :c That sucks they wouldn't give you to him just because you planned to breed healthy feeders. :/
Actually that's just ridiculous.. I could understand if it was a female and you back-to-back bred her but a male? bleh. :c

Yeah, I feel that way too but I don't know that I should. I even explained everything to her in depth and was perfectly okay with paying the $25 1$5 for the rat $10 for a breeding fee. I explained how I pre-kill them humanely, how I want to breed to better the breed, how I adopt out any rats I can. Bleh just disappointing, I was really hoping to get a good male rat with a few generations of known parents. I can track my females so far back but I always outsource for the males.

Yeah and I would never even back to back breed a female, it's 5 weeks after the little ones are weened before I start breeding again at least, usually a bit longer. And it's not like you can't back to back breed a male xD

And he'd always be a beloved pet to me of course! And I'm one of the few rat owners in my area that actually takes them tot he vet when something happens rolleyes I just wish I could explain it properly to this lady so that she could truly understand that I'm a good person. She even said she understand the whole snakes have to eat thing, but just said that she couldn't knowingly sell a rat as a feeder or breeder for feeders :/ but thanked me for my honesty. Honestly I think if I hadn't told her he was going to breed I could have gotten him, but I couldn't do that.

I'm not going to give up! Does anyone know any rat breeders to ship? I'd gladly pay the shipping heck I'd spend quite a bit of money just to get this one little healthy boy.

Congrats on the cage! biggrin

Invisible Citizen

hiysinphlay
color=gray]Yeah, I feel that way too but I don't know that I should. I even explained everything to her in depth and was perfectly okay with paying the $25 1$5 for the rat $10 for a breeding fee. I explained how I pre-kill them humanely, how I want to breed to better the breed, how I adopt out any rats I can. Bleh just disappointing, I was really hoping to get a good male rat with a few generations of known parents. I can track my females so far back but I always outsource for the males.

Yeah and I would never even back to back breed a female, it's 5 weeks after the little ones are weened before I start breeding again at least, usually a bit longer. And it's not like you can't back to back breed a male xD

And he'd always be a beloved pet to me of course! And I'm one of the few rat owners in my area that actually takes them tot he vet when something happens rolleyes I just wish I could explain it properly to this lady so that she could truly understand that I'm a good person. She even said she understand the whole snakes have to eat thing, but just said that she couldn't knowingly sell a rat as a feeder or breeder for feeders :/ but thanked me for my honesty. Honestly I think if I hadn't told her he was going to breed I could have gotten him, but I couldn't do that.

I'm not going to give up! Does anyone know any rat breeders to ship? I'd gladly pay the shipping heck I'd spend quite a bit of money just to get this one little healthy boy.

Congrats on the cage! biggrin

Awe, well I guess some people are just like that.. Although she could have potentially made the problem worse, at least for the rats/snakes.
I mean if it wasn't you and someone got told 'no' then I'd assume they would go breed with some sick 'feeder' rat with a bunch of health/genetic issues. bleh.

Perhaps you'll find someone more understanding who doesn't mind if you breed for feeders.
At least I hope you do, snakes should be fed healthy rats and not sickly ones.. .-.

I know there's a 'licensed' breeder in British Columbia. ;D
I don't know if they ship or do international shipping though. c:

Anyhow thank you, I'm looking forward to using it. ♥
Although the pessimistic side of me thinks someone else will come along willing to pay the $200 and then she'll go back on her deal.
That's pretty typical when it comes to the people around here.
My father told me since we have their address that we'll go break some of their windows if they do. ;D
Of course he was joking but it was still amusing to hear.
Prince Charmant
Havenex
I think Oxbow is a higher quality food. Oxbow has a much lower protein level (15.00% where as Mazuri is 23.00%) Also, Oxbow does not contain any corn. Mazuri has ground corn ( Corn is a filler nad has little nutritional value.They also recently improved their formula to make it much more palatable to rats. (They switched from apple flavours, to cheese flavourd On the Canadian rat forum I am on, over 90% said their rats who previously did not eat oxbow, now happily eat the new formula.
It come sin 3lb bags and 40lb bags. I just ordered the 40 pound, it's worth the money. I only have four rats so it's going to last me quite a while.

yeah Once I get my CN, I'm making a little pen for them, I even got an external ramp for the door way. (Which came into the store earlier this week! But the CN was back ordered sad so about another week or so )

Ah, well I never looked into ingredients with oxbow. I'm unable to buy it or order it though, nobody within 100 miles of this town has it.
The shipping cost would be almost as much as the food actually costs which is why I'll just stick with Mazuri.
Oh and I wouldn't even want to touch the food if it's cheese flavored, I have an abnormal fear of cheese in general. o.<
I don't think it would last long with mine, just considering I have 26 mouths to feed. (x

I'm super excited right now, I may be getting a double unit ferret nation on Wednesday.
Although I think the possibility is slim or the person has already sold it.. I don't really know. :c I'm very pessimistic and expect to be disappointed.
Anyway it's pretty much a CN, at least that's what I've heard. o.o
They have ramps for the critter nations? Or is it just a ramp for any kind of cage?
That definitely may be worth looking into for myself if I do get the cage. c:

Ferret Nation is just like the CN but with a wider bar spacing (1'') so you may want to only keep males in it.Also the bars are vertical so not as much climbing with a FN. I ordered a single unit CN from my work not long ago, so hopefully it hurries up and gets here, it was back ordered so now I just have the external ramp int he closet at work.

They have ramps for the CNs
Rose Tint My World Baby
I have two pet rats, Lo and Behold(Bebe for short), and they are by far the best pets I have ever had. I love them so much, they really are the perfect pets. heart
Love the names, very cute (:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces