Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
So, have there ever been any animals you'd love to have as a pet, but know you can't? Maybe you want a horse, but can't have one because you don't have the land for it. Maybe you want a border collie, but can't have one because they're too high-energy for your lifestyle. Maybe you want a tiger or a wolf, but can't have one because they're extremely dangerous and high-maintenence animals. Whatever it is, post about it here!

For me... I recently came across a totally awesome umbrella cockatoo in the local pet store. This bird can say some words and phrases, can mimic human laughter and can repeat whatever you say in a weird, garbled language. (he sounds just like Kevin the bird from Pixar's "Up" xd ) He's real nice and loves to be petted, and doesn't bite. But, I can't have him for a ton of reasons. One, I have a cat who likes to kill and a mom who doesn't want to deal with constant loud noise. Don't know if my cat would go after a large bird, but I wouldn't want to take chances. Two, I'm going off to college. I'll have three roommates and we'll be in an apartment. A living situation like that is absolutely the worst place to have a loud bird. But the biggest reason of all is my lack of expirience. Large birds like that are very difficult to take care of and you REALLY have to know what you're doing. I've never owned a bird before. (though I would like one in the future...)
I want a panda.

3,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i want a tiger

Diamond Lover

20,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Millionaire 200
I want a Pitbull, mother won't allow me to have one.
-.-
I want to have a dog but I can't because dogs are not allowed in our appartment...
Wild animal: A lion. They are so awesome!

But as a house pet, probably a bunny. I can't have one because my mom is allergic. My poor kitty is already living with my grandma! D:

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
An African Serval or Savannah Cat. heart sweatdrop heart

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Chesty McGee
-.-

Have you shown her a Lab/Pit mix. They're so much like labs that even the worst critics are usually in love within minutes. They still have that pit in them though, so you have to get REALLY tough chew toys. Lol.

Diamond Lover

20,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Millionaire 200
Indie Tits
Chesty McGee
-.-

Have you shown her a Lab/Pit mix. They're so much like labs that even the worst critics are usually in love within minutes. They still have that pit in them though, so you have to get REALLY tough chew toys. Lol.

I only like full bred pits. gonk

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Chesty McGee
Indie Tits
Chesty McGee
-.-

I only like full bred pits. gonk

Lol, it's just a suggested compromise.
Dragon.
Actually I just want a really big dog, I just can't afford one right now.
I would want a: A)Dragon, B)Tiger, C)Unicorn, D)Wolf XD

I love all of them.... sweatdrop
I'd love to have a Barn Owl, but since that requires having licenses, permits, and a ton of other things that the Wildlife Agencies and feds want done and all, it's just not realistic.

Would I rehab one? In a heartbeat. But it's not realistic.

Realistically, I'd love a Boelen's Python. Beautiful, beautiful snakes. But at 12' on the average and me with three budgies, a dog, and a tank of fish already, that's not really an option, either. Or a Children's Python. They're small, but again, three families of animal already. That and I live in an apartment. That doesn't like exotic reptiles.

I'd also like a Siberian cat or Savannah cat. Probably the Savannah since I would end up taking the cat outside after being leash-trained and it gets HOT down here. That one might be a possibility once I have my own house.

There are a lot of things in the Animal Kingdom that I would love to own, but am restricted by money, time, and space. xD
ahh, I seem to be in a similar pickle as you. I went to a pet shot near me, and they had a Moluccan Cockatoo, and she was beautiful. It's very similar to a white umbrella cockatoo, but its feathers are light pink! asgdjhfsjkkdshk she was gorgeous~
And she was so funny and friendly. She would shake her head like a maniac and mimic your laugh, and even play tug-of-war with a piece of knotted tissue. It was so cute (:

But, similar to your case, I lack the experience, and needless to say, the funds. Those big birds are so expensive. Such a huge commitment is unrealistic for my family anyway, as we have 2 dogs and another high-maintenance pet is just out of the question. Our small house wouldn't supply enough room for a cage big enough for the bird, either, even if we could afford one, haha.

Sometime in the future, I'd love to own one though. We recently purchased a parakeet/budgie, which is plenty satisfying my love for birds, he's so cute (:
I hope to work my way up the ladder of birds, so to say. Once I spend a few years with my budgie, maybe I'll get a few more, or maybe a cockatiel. I would seriously have a house full of birds if I could, I love these little feathered guys so much (:
I want to be fully prepared and experienced enough with bird ownership before I think about getting a Cockatoo. Like I said though, I'd absolutely LOVE to own one in due time (:

Lonely Saint

Bunnies, ferret and a cat.
Allergic to bunnies, not prepared for a ferret, and know I can't handle changing the litter. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff