Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gewtz's Waifu

Kawaii Wolf

hello Moth~!

I've been told I should speak here by Hiyinsin down there :3

I'm also seeing between looking on here and talking to her that I'm feeding my beloved stray kitty poison >.>
I have a friend who would love to see Alley Cat Dry Cat Food added. I was talking to her about the dangers of feeding low quality foods, and she's trying to convince her mother to get better food for their newly adopted kitty. c:

Just looking at the top ingredients makes me want to cringe ><

Ground Yellow Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Meal, Chicken By-Product meal, Animal Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Ocean Fish Meal, Tuna Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Phosphoric Acid, Animal Digest, Choline Chloride, Salt, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, D-Dicalcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Vitamin D3 Supplement), Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate (Source of Iron), Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Red 40, DL-Methionine, Rosemary Extract.
[edit] a fore mentioned friend posted right above me xD
lazuli_wolf

hello Moth~!

I've been told I should speak here by Hiyinsin down there :3

I'm also seeing between looking on here and talking to her that I'm feeding my beloved stray kitty poison >.>

Best of luck in convincing your mom to switch foods. Along with this thread there's Cardinal's "I Used To Feed My Doggy Poison" thread, which goes into more depth about why certain ingredients are bad

PS: You should make a thread introducing yourself and your new kitty to the forum. Pictures of the fluffy are, of course, mandatory.

Gewtz's Waifu

Kawaii Wolf

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Best of luck in convincing your mom to switch foods. Along with this thread there's Cardinal's "I Used To Feed My Doggy Poison" thread, which goes into more depth about why certain ingredients are bad

PS: You should make a thread introducing yourself and your new kitty to the forum. Pictures of the fluffy are, of course, mandatory.

I took a look at the thread! :3

hmm you think? lol Maybe I'll add my 4 parrots into the picture of the same thread, you know since I'm introducing Bagheera(cat's name) and all. xD
lazuli_wolf
~ Aki - Fairy ~

I took a look at the thread! :3

hmm you think? lol Maybe I'll add my 4 parrots into the picture of the same thread, you know since I'm introducing Bagheera(cat's name) and all. xD

The more animals the better.
Love the name choice.

Gewtz's Waifu

Kawaii Wolf

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Love the name choice.
Thanks!
It was my dad's idea, because he said it reminded him of the panther from The Jungle Book. And their all arguing over whether Geera is male or female, but my mom and I are pretty sure he's a neutered male. idk if my dad's just kidding around or he really thinks the cats a female O_O

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
lazuli_wolf
~ Aki - Fairy ~

Love the name choice.
Thanks!
It was my dad's idea, because he said it reminded him of the panther from The Jungle Book. And their all arguing over whether Geera is male or female, but my mom and I are pretty sure he's a neutered male. idk if my dad's just kidding around or he really thinks the cats a female O_O

best way to find out is to take Geera into the vets for an over all check up and shots, and have them deal with it. It is what my cousin did when a fluffy huge mane coon (possibly mix) decided he like her more than his old house and became an indoor kitty. Weirdest call my aunt got (since my cousin didn't have a phone) "Aaron is neutered"-Vet, "He is?!?! I thought he was Jewish!?!"-My Aunt.... they had 'named' the cat for the vet just their friend's name that said he wanted him.

Gewtz's Waifu

Kawaii Wolf

Mistress of Rain

I would love to take him to the vet, but if I do, then my mom will leave him there. She doesn't want to use money on a stray. It's why she buys him cheap food like Alley Cat and Friskies canned food. My dad doesn't even like that cat at all, apparently the only reason he's around his because of me, you know aside from the fact that my mom is the one who buys the food.

if I had money, that's that first thing I would have done when he gained my trust.

also...your black cat looks like my black cat .__. I think mine has whiter whiskers

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
lazuli_wolf
Mistress of Rain

I would love to take him to the vet, but if I do, then my mom will leave him there. She doesn't want to use money on a stray. It's why she buys him cheap food like Alley Cat and Friskies canned food. My dad doesn't even like that cat at all, apparently the only reason he's around his because of me, you know aside from the fact that my mom is the one who buys the food.

if I had money, that's that first thing I would have done when he gained my trust.

also...your black cat looks like my black cat .__. I think mine has whiter whiskers

sounds how my aunt is with their outside cat (he adopted them, and at the time house issues wouldn't let him come inside... now they are just not wanting it) Jake got table scraps, until my cousin bought him a huge bag of food (cheep but food), and he preffers it over table scraps. He slowly has moved into being an garage/outdoor cat. He has been to the vet 2 times only because I made it happen. I found a low cost spay and neuter that my aunt agreed to and then some how while he was out and about he destoryed one of his claws that got infected...again only went cause I bitched at them. (but now I'm like on really really rocky grounds and 12 hours away...)

Let them know that legally he isn't a stray anymore. You are buying food, thus he is /your/ cat, that is how the law will see it. now ask your mother and father if they would rather shell out a little money to get him up to date and made sure he was a male, or deal with kittens if it turns out to be a queen.

why thank you, is he a short haired fluffy cat too? and my cousin got a cat over christmas, he is a smooth coated short hair and looks like he can be her brother (same age too)
hello! I'm back again smile

about a month ago I decided to switch my pups to Taste of The Wild..and what do you know..a recall!!!

They have been eating crappy walmart food since we ran out..Jada has definitely been itching a lot more..

Still not sure about TOTW, of course we weren't consistent since we ran out a few times..but when it comes back to our local petsense I will be getting the salmon kind since I think Jada is allergic to chicken meal..

If that doesnt work I'm just gonna go back to natural life lamaderm...i know it works for her but it also is very hard to find :/..
Mr Abby
hello! I'm back again smile

about a month ago I decided to switch my pups to Taste of The Wild..and what do you know..a recall!!!

They have been eating crappy walmart food since we ran out..Jada has definitely been itching a lot more..

Still not sure about TOTW, of course we weren't consistent since we ran out a few times..but when it comes back to our local petsense I will be getting the salmon kind since I think Jada is allergic to chicken meal..?

If that doesnt work I'm just gonna go back to natural life lamaderm...i know it works for her but it also is very hard to find :/..

Why not see if you can find Earthborn? Quality and price are very similar to TOTW, quality being a bit better in my opinion. I really like the primitive naturals. Price wise.. 1.6 a pound whereas totw is 1.5 a pound. I feed $1.12 a day of TOTW and roughyl 75 cents a day of Earthborn. =)
thats an idea..the primitive stuff has chicken meal in it though :/....I'm going to be moving soon and gonna start a job..so my budget is gonna be tight..but if totw doesn't seem to work I'll consider that smile

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
I need to switch my cats food and I found this. Its not on the list but it looked decent. They have a whole selection of stuff.

Natural Balance
Mr Abby
thats an idea..the primitive stuff has chicken meal in it though :/....I'm going to be moving soon and gonna start a job..so my budget is gonna be tight..but if totw doesn't seem to work I'll consider that smile
Orijen 6-Fish costs about $60 per 6.8kilogram bag. That means there is 6800 grams in one bag of Orijen. In one cup of Orijen 6-Fish there is 120grams of food, and for an average adult 10 pound cat you would feed 1/2cup a day, or 60grams of food. 6800/60=113 days worth of food. $60/113= $0.53 per day to feed your cat smile

Orijen is (IMO) hands down the best kibble you can buy for a cat, and it works out to cost only $0.53 a day, which is surprisingly affordable. Plus, it will help to keep urine acidity at correct levels, and prevent other dietary issues such as diabetes and weight gain, which will save you money long term with less vet trips.

Orijen 6-Fish INGREDIENTS
Fresh boneless salmon*, salmon meal, herring meal, fresh boneless herring*, fresh boneless walleye*, fresh boneless lake whitefish*, salmon oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), russet potato, whitefish meal, sweet potato, peas, sun-cured alfalfa, pea fiber, fresh boneless flounder*, fresh boneless northern pike*, organic kelp, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, turnip greens, apples, cranberries, blueberries, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium.

* DELIVERED FRESH, preservative-free and never frozen.

EDIT: LOL - Just realized now you have a dog not a cat - please disregard the above post rofl How much does your dog weigh? I can calculate how much it would cost to feed Orijen 6-Fish Dog.
The dog formula is $80 for 14kilograms. (30 pounds). Anyway, I'm recommending the fish one because it is great for skin & coat problems due to the tons of fish oils and omega fatty acids etc. Also no chicken etc. so if that is an allergy concern this should solve the problem.

Or, you could try Acana Pacifica, which is $60 for 14 kilograms so it's significantly cheaper. It's still high quality and low carb/no grains, but it doesn't have the protein levels that Orijen does, but that might be a good thing for some dogs.
Punkin Avis
I need to switch my cats food and I found this. Its not on the list but it looked decent. They have a whole selection of stuff.

Natural Balance
I wouldn't feed it personally, brown rice and oatmeal as the second and third ingredients? No thanks sad

The protein is only 30%, and the fat is only 14% and 8% fibre is a lot of fibre. As a rule, I like the protein to be at 40% and the fat to be around 20% and the fibre to be no higher than 3%. Having a good source of animal fat in a cat's diet is very important for skin & coat health, and for overall activity levels. Plus if you were to feed a food that has that much fibre, the poops are going to be huge, just saying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff