• Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Cinibunny
ill sign

She's a lady.

Thanks!

And ladies shouldn't be messed with.
I sign.

I understand Gaia is a business and needs to turn a profit, but they need to think about the long term repercussions of the mass inflation that is happening right now.

Here's common sense broken down for Gaia.

Were this to continue, the loyal Gaians, the ones who have since they started (likely in high school and junior high) now likely have jobs and can contribute to the Gaian economy both gold and GaiaCash wise, will begin to leave. Like Gaiaonline itself, the members are partially here to turn a profit, a GOLD profit. Now our hard earned time and our real money we have been contributing for years is losing its value. Gaians are not real citizens of this virtual world, nor are they bound to it by anything other than sentimentality. We'll have no reason to stay if this site becomes nothing but a place to put our money into. I know gambling sites where I can do the same thing and cash out for REAL money.

TL : DR-There aren't enough Gaian veterans that will willingly keep up this mass spending without the possibility of true profit. If their dollar loses its value here, they will spend it elsewhere.

Now we come to the new Gaians. With the loss of veterans Gaians, Gaiaonline will need to replace them with new faces if they with to continue their current cash flow. However, at the rate of inflation, Gaia is becoming something intimidating. A new Gaian doesn't know right off the bat about RIGs, REIs, Club Verge, ZOMG, BG, and the new games. There may be a little mention about them in the intro, but I have talked to many gaians who have been here for months, years even, and they don't realize how much of a profit is turned from this. If a new member is going to stay, they need to be hooked like -snap- that. I can't see a gaian, who went through the whole intro phase and got an introductory 2k, taking a look at the market and seeing that any of the NICE items are inflated into the millions, thinking this is worth it at all. If some did happen to stay, they'd soon realize that it's very hard to quest without paying out of pocket due to this inflation. New Gaians aren't going to be people with full time jobs. They're going to be junior high and high school students, maybe some college students. They don't have the money to pay for all of this. So it would be about the same amount coming in as it was with just the MCs, maybe less because there are a lot less active Gaians these days.

TL : DR - New Gaians will be intimidated by mass inflation and offset from staying, and likely too young/without the income to replace what the veteran Gaians that left.

Again, I understand that Gaia needs to turn a profit, and I am contributor to that. Some months I put down like $100. But I know my gold goes to the marketplace, and the marketplace, and the marketplace. The tax is not enough. When the price of an item is large enough to merit a decent sink, people pm each other to get around it, so the tax doesn't happen anyway. There needs to be something else, something people WANT to do that is ONLY gold payable so that this inflation can be tackled here and now.

If it's not. I hope Gaiaonline makes a nice profit for the next year or two, cause they won't be lasting much longer than that at this rate.

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,675 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
*Signs*
This really needs to stop.

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Zalisu

I understand Gaia is a business and needs to turn a profit, but they need to think about the long term repercussions of the mass inflation that is happening right now.

Here's common sense broken down for Gaia.

Were this to continue, the loyal Gaians, the ones who have since they started (likely in high school and junior high) now likely have jobs and can contribute to the Gaian economy both gold and GaiaCash wise, will begin to leave. Like Gaiaonline itself, the members are partially here to turn a profit, a GOLD profit. Now our hard earned time and our real money we have been contributing for years is losing its value. Gaians are not real citizens of this virtual world, nor are they bound to it by anything other than sentimentality. We'll have no reason to stay if this site becomes nothing but a place to put our money into. I know gambling sites where I can do the same thing and cash out for REAL money.

TL biggrin R-There aren't enough Gaian veterans that will willingly keep up this mass spending without the possibility of true profit. If their dollar loses its value here, they will spend it elsewhere.

Now we come to the new Gaians. With the loss of veterans Gaians, Gaiaonline will need to replace them with new faces if they with to continue their current cash flow. However, at the rate of inflation, Gaia is becoming something intimidating. A new Gaian doesn't know right off the bat about RIGs, REIs, Club Verge, ZOMG, BG, and the new games. There may be a little mention about them in the intro, but I have talked to many gaians who have been here for months, years even, and they don't realize how much of a profit is turned from this. If a new member is going to stay, they need to be hooked like -snap- that. I can't see a gaian, who went through the whole intro phase and got an introductory 2k, taking a look at the market and seeing that any of the NICE items are inflated into the millions, thinking this is worth it at all. If some did happen to stay, they'd soon realize that it's very hard to quest without paying out of pocket due to this inflation. New Gaians aren't going to be people with full time jobs. They're going to be junior high and high school students, maybe some college students. They don't have the money to pay for all of this. So it would be about the same amount coming in as it was with just the MCs, maybe less because there are a lot less active Gaians these days.

TL biggrin R - New Gaians will be intimidated by mass inflation and offset from staying, and likely too young/without the income to replace what the veteran Gaians that left.

Again, I understand that Gaia needs to turn a profit, and I am contributor to that. Some months I put down like $100. But I know my gold goes to the marketplace, and the marketplace, and the marketplace. The tax is not enough. When the price of an item is large enough to merit a decent sink, people pm each other to get around it, so the tax doesn't happen anyway. There needs to be something else, something people WANT to do that is ONLY gold payable so that this inflation can be tackled here and now.

If it's not. I hope Gaiaonline makes a nice profit for the next year or two, cause they won't be lasting much longer than that at this rate.

She's a lady.

Thanks!

And ladies shouldn't be messed with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out