<3 </3

Gold Generators?

Yes, lots! 0.059670781893004 6.0% [ 58 ]
In moderation. 0.094650205761317 9.5% [ 92 ]
Don't really care. 0.053497942386831 5.3% [ 52 ]
Not a fan. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 162 ]
KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL! 0.62551440329218 62.6% [ 608 ]
Total Votes:[ 972 ]

I'm astounded by the inflation on Gaia today. This is a serious issue that we need to fix as soon as possible. stressed

We've just taken the company back and we're pretty much starting at zero. That means while we wish to tackle the biggest challenges, we also don't have the luxury to make changes to anything that would have an effect revenue for the time being.

That being said, inflation is something I'll be tackling no matter what. Soon I'll be sending out surveys to ask how all Gaians wish to see in our effort to counter inflation. This effort will take a while, for not only is it a big issue to tackle, but because we have to stabilize the company's resources first.

We just need to gather more resources. Or to say it bluntly, we need to save some cash in the bank to ensure that we can still pay rent when these big changes are made, which will have an effect on revenue for Gaia. Wrong steps made from poor planning can put a company under, and I need to make sure that we steer clear from potential problems as we proceed forward. This will only take time, as we already have the will, and the commitment to move forward with this plan.

Thank you everyone for your support, both on this issue, and on Gaia.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
lanzer
I'm astounded by the inflation on Gaia today. This is a serious issue that we need to fix as soon as possible. stressed

We've just taken the company back and we're pretty much starting at zero. That means while we wish to tackle the biggest challenges, we also don't have the luxury to make changes to anything that would have an effect revenue for the time being.

That being said, inflation is something I'll be tackling no matter what. Soon I'll be sending out surveys to ask how all Gaians wish to see in our effort to counter inflation. This effort will take a while, for not only is it a big issue to tackle, but because we have to stabilize the company's resources first.

We just need to gather more resources. Or to say it bluntly, we need to save some cash in the bank to ensure that we can still pay rent when these big changes are made, which will have an effect on revenue for Gaia. Wrong steps made from poor planning can put a company under, and I need to make sure that we steer clear from potential problems as we proceed forward. This will only take time, as we already have the will, and the commitment to move forward with this plan.

Thank you so much for responding! I'll be sure to put the link to the survey on the front page when you post it. I think a lot of people would have something on it. Nearly 3,000, in fact. xD

Entrepreneur

Add me to the list

Guardian

Garbage Fairy

25,900 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Super Fan 250
  • Magical Girl 50
sign me up.

to be honest i don't really like what is really happening in gaia now. I used to vend before back in 2012 and when the gold generator came everything went abnormal. the price went high and i don't even know what is the exact price of the items because of inflation so i stop vending. then came the another gold generator that produce billions to trillions like my gad this is wrong. i went back to zero because million became useless like it is equivalent to thousand. thank to some guy who quit and donate his items to me because he doesn't see gaia like he used to (he is vendor like me) and after few months i quit gaia when they took down zomg then i came back here and sell the items that he gave me and got back to my feet again. I really really want gaia like how it used to. no more gcash in marketplace and no more inflation.
... so my account is actually very old. Please don't ask.

I saw that zOmg update in FB and I thought about sauntering back here just to check. And I'm in shock over the prices of the stuff.

I assumed that cash shop items would raise the prices of things but I guess those gold generators are doing their damage.

I was actually feeling pretty good with myself after seeing my 1m gold but looking at the prices of things, wow. It's chump change! I'm not sure how Gaia will be able to fix this.

Generous Muse

8,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
Lanzer

So... What I think should be done regarding inflation is that first we should get rid of any gold generating items (obviously) but on top of that we need ways to take gold out of the system. I think that events like the valentine's day event is a great start (where people donate gold to get items), and I would like to see more of that, but I would also like to see a temporary increase in the gold cost for non-material parts of gaia (like an increase on the tax in the marketplace, increase the prices of things like the gambling tokens, increase the cost od starting a new guild, maybe add a small, invisible fee when you tip someone for a post). Once the inflation has gone down you put the costs of those things back to what they originally were

Nine-tailed Fox

15,140 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Add me to the list

Chatty Humorist

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Lanzer

So let me get this straight. You guys actually OWN the site again? Honestly despite the inflation that in ITSELF makes me glad i started coming back. I wish you luck trying to fix this site. As for the topic i 'signed' forever ago.

Magical Girl

7,650 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I've been on gaia since 2004. There were a lot of hiatus's and I'm a completely different person - everywhere else. Where real life doesn't allow me much time to "be myself", Gaia has always awarded me that.

I recently came back after a several year hiatus and I found this predatory nonsense. This is not what gaia is about... we've always had a problem with inflation. I remember back in the day a girl running a shop too sell MC at 5K in the exchange.

But it's never been this bad, and I've never thought gaia was a bad company before.I don't know what there is time for... and im not really interested in knowing I want to enjoy my time here with my friends. But one thing needs to stop. In all the guides that I see around coaching people on how to get gold or to get into a new facet of gaia the first recommendation should not be buy items from the cash shop and sell them to the market place

It just seems really unethical to target minors and people with bad impulse control like that. It's a sleeze ball move something like Walmart or publishers clearing house would do.

Please stop this immediately, and also rewrite the terms of service so that the users can't offer this as a piece of advice in their user run guides.

I'd like to sign the petition.
Put me on the list!

I just got back into Gaia after a 3 year gap and the inflation is outrageous. zOmg! (Can you tell I'm excited for zOmg! as well?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff