Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like to see more achievements on Gaia?

Yes! 0.91148325358852 91.1% [ 762 ]
No 0.088516746411483 8.9% [ 74 ]
Total Votes:[ 836 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 97 98 99 > >>

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500

Sexy of Hearts

72,925 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
Darc Nightgale
User Image

Reserved

yes. And more achievements for saying key words. Like 'that's what she said'. Maybe make some of them timed.

Well wisher - say 'Happy Birthday!' to someone on their birthday.
Piracy - say 'Arr', 'yo ho ho', or some other piraty phrase on talk like a pirate day.
Happy New year - Say it on new years day
Excitable - use over 10 exclamation points in a single post
Jester - have someone reply to your post with 'lol'
Troll - Reply to someone's post with 'lol'

Since they have so many timed, mutually exclusive, and rare achievements already (timed as in, you miss them and they are gone forever) they maybe should double down on it and make a bunch of random ones. The point being not to punish people for not getting them, but because it would be downright impossible to get every one it would remove the stress of trying. (like in booty grab, there's no way to pick up ALL the coins because they are just dropping all over. But to try to grab as many as you can and take comfort in the zen state of doing your best rather than feeling like you 'messed up'.)

So they should have more achievements that most people will miss... and not just a few of them, but a LOT of them, so even if you do miss one or 10 you might still get 5 more.

Achievements like 'anouncement - new item in the store... blah blah blah, anyone who read through this ad can click here for an achievement. Today only!'

'First 100 people to click this link get an achievement!'

'Did you use the phrase 'like a boss' in any posts yesterday? Achievement!'

Did you miss 'like a boss'? Don't get mad that we didn't tell you what the secret word/phrase was until after you couldn't get it anymore... there's another secret word today! Hint: it starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats.'
(that one is a reference to order of the stick, so anyone who said words like Belkar, Order of the Stick, or OotS would get an achievement that day)

Find a hidden achievement link on one of the main pages and click it the day it was available. Maybe it's a picture of a cat, and you get the achievement 'cat finder'

Maybe a quiz, it asks what your favorite type of pizza is. And everyone who answers 'hawaiian' gets an achievement 'icky - everyone thinks you're weird.' (ok, that's my bias)

Sexy of Hearts

72,925 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
Wow, I didn't even know there was a petition forum.

and looking through it... 60 signatures is ... I'll let you come up with your own analogy. (is that the right word? Simile maybe?)

Also there are more votes than signatures. Odd... well sign me up!

Sexy of Hearts

72,925 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
Darc Nightgale
heart

If you're inclined to rhyme
or live a life of crime
then sign on the line
live in fame in all time.

Sail for 200 days,
make a mountain of pay
Lets sign you up matey
let their be no delay!

Sexy of Hearts

72,925 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
Sakuraus
I sign too , we need more 3nodding

your signature is distracting me.

Mischievous Nyan

49,550 Points
  • Box Master 500
  • Nyan Rainbow 500
  • Spoopy 500
emotion_bigheart

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Pirate Santa

and looking through it... 60 signatures is ... I'll let you come up with your own analogy. (is that the right word? Simile maybe?)

Yeah! I posted about it in the Achievements guide. 3nodding

I need to spread the word more.

Sexy of Hearts

72,925 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
Darc Nightgale
Pirate Santa

and what is the word?

Sexy of Hearts

72,925 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
Darc Nightgale
Pirate Santa

Yar har har... here's an achievement you might like.

Achievement Unlocked

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Pirate Santa

I added a bunch of your ideas to the front page. 3nodding

When it gets closer to Talk like a Pirated day. I'll make sure to ask at AtS, and see if they can have that achievement again.

Personally I am not a big fan of timed achievements, because of work, and real life stuff. I prefer the achievements that are goin' to take time to get, and you have time to get them.

Some of those achievements go to the people that are lucky to be on just at the right time.
The quiz one woud be interestin'. You could get an achievement for whatever answer you pick.

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Pirate Santa
Darc Nightgale
Pirate Santa

Yar har har... here's an achievement you might like.

Achievement Unlocked

rofl I like that.

Sexy of Hearts

72,925 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Love Machine 150
Darc Nightgale
Pirate Santa

I added a bunch of your ideas to the front page. 3nodding

When it gets closer to Talk like a Pirated day. I'll make sure to ask at AtS, and see if they can have that achievement again.

Personally I am not a big fan of timed achievements, because of work, and real life stuff. I prefer the achievements that are goin' to take time to get, and you have time to get them.

Some of those achievements go to the people that are lucky to be on just at the right time.
The quiz one woud be interestin'. You could get an achievement for whatever answer you pick.

I don't like timed achievements ether. I too prefer them to be something you can slowly grind toward. But I do understand people want some based on skill... (not terribly sure how to impliment that sort of thing on gaia)

but we have ones that are based on timing and luck. I have the pants glitch one, which I only knew to get because I was looking at the achievements thread at the time, for anyone else it would be completely random.

Since they are already giving out achievements that some people will be able to get and others wont, with little to no respect for skill or time investment, I think that it would be best to double down on it. I mean if there's just one or two that you missed because it was random, that sucks. Like the snow ninja one, lots of people are mad that they weren't warned what to do so couldn't get it. But if there were tons of those, then it would just be kinda a normal and expected thing...

Nobody would say 'so you didn't get snow ninja hu? Guess you're not a true achievement hunter' people would instead say 'well sure you didn't get X, and Y, but I didn't even know about B and T til I saw you had them.'

I think that knowing that it can't be done, removes the stress of trying to do it. So instead lets you just try your best and embrace what is rather than what might have been.
Does that make any sense.

Mischievous Nyan

49,550 Points
  • Box Master 500
  • Nyan Rainbow 500
  • Spoopy 500
emotion_bigheart

Adored Darling

I Sign ~
gaia_angelleft emotion_bigheart gaia_angelright

Mischievous Nyan

49,550 Points