Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey JellyBean! Long time no see! =]

I was wondering if you heard about The Bigass Fantasyland Challenge.

It's a bit daunting but it really got me thinking about a lot of things I'm missing in Weyward. xp
Dark Gantz

It's a bit daunting but it really got me thinking about a lot of things I'm missing in Weyward. xp

Hey there! : D

I haven't! Thanks for the link.

I have a rule that I like to pass on to people who write this genre; Try not to get caught up in the specifics. And by that, I mean, only get into it if it's relevant to your characters or plot line - otherwise the task of world building can become rather challenging and a chore, and could also stand to be a bit of a tedious read for your audience.

Keep things relevant and moving - if the story calls for you to explain something about the world, like a particular place or religion, do so. If not, don't bother.
Jellybean Disaster
Dark Gantz

I have a rule that I like to pass on to people who write this genre; Try not to get caught up in the specifics. And by that, I mean, only get into it if it's relevant to your characters or plot line - otherwise the task of world building can become rather challenging and a chore, and could also stand to be a bit of a tedious read for your audience.

Keep things relevant and moving - if the story calls for you to explain something about the world, like a particular place or religion, do so. If not, don't bother.

lol I rather like the challenge. Whenever I'm bored I just sit and wonder what can go in Weyward and where can I put it. It's not really for an audience per-say but just for the enjoyment of creating a world. The more detailed it is, the better.

As for stories, that's a struggle in itself. I struggle with personalities most of the time and writing down the details of an environment bores me and gradually I just stop wanting to write. It's maddening gonk
Dark Gantz
Jellybean Disaster
Dark Gantz

lol I rather like the challenge. Whenever I'm bored I just sit and wonder what can go in Weyward and where can I put it. It's not really for an audience per-say but just for the enjoyment of creating a world. The more detailed it is, the better.

As for stories, that's a struggle in itself. I struggle with personalities most of the time and writing down the details of an environment bores me and gradually I just stop wanting to write. It's maddening gonk

My opinion on that is this: If it bores you to write, it's probably gonna bore whoever is reading it. If you're just writing it for yourself, then don't write what bores you. The idea of NaNoWriMo is such that you keep writing nonstop and get through a story from start to finish. After you've done that, you go back and edit/take out what you don't like.

I like creating worlds, but I like character interactions and the situations they face more within the worlds I create, I think. Sometimes I think about what kind of interactions and situations I want there to be and cater my world to that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff