What do you think?

Great 0.36615384615385 36.6% [ 119 ]
Good 0.23384615384615 23.4% [ 76 ]
Okay 0.13538461538462 13.5% [ 44 ]
Needs Work 0.19384615384615 19.4% [ 63 ]
Bad 0.070769230769231 7.1% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 325 ]
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 > >>

I'm posting two chapters this time. Cause I didn't post a chapter last month and gonna post a chapter for this month. Sorry if you see some mistakes. If you read the post above this one(the last post on page 9). You'll see I don't have a editor this time to proof read for me. I mean, I try my best to make the chapter the best I can but mistakes still slip through here and there. I will edit in whenever I get someone to edit this for me.

Found someone. whee I now have the edited version up.

Enjoy! Sorry for the wait again. I've been super busy. Hopefully this will stay on page 9. If it doesn't than oh well.. But really hoping it will. (Crap! Oh well. Should've known it wouldn't stay on page 9. This post is way too big. Lol. Just me and my wishful thinking.)

Chapter 5

Adam
Oh my god, Aubrey gave me her number.

It all started when I was beginning to drive home from school, I suddenly saw Aubrey walking there on the sidewalk. I could tell it was her instantly and a wave of guilt swept over me. It was cold and windy, leaves were blowing around everywhere. She had her arms tightly around her while the wind was blowing her hair also. And without even fully thinking, I looked in the rear mirror to see if anyone was behind me. No one was, so I slowed down next to her and lowered down the window, feeling the cold air rush in while swallowing my spit. I mustered all of the courage I had and said, "Hey."

She quickly looked over at me, her eyes open wide with surprise. "Want a ride?" I asked as I came to a full stop. I saw her start to smile widely and then quickly looked both ways. With that, she got in. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this. I actually stopped; here she was again, back in my car. Next to me. And at that moment, I knew I wanted to be around her. I wanted to keep driving her to her house. There was just something about Aubrey...

"Why... I mean, did you change your mind or something?" Aubrey asked abruptly as I watched her put on her seatbelt, but then quickly turned my attention back to the road and started to resume the drive. I could feel her eyes were on me and I was straight back to gripping the wheel with nervousness. I had to admit though, it was really interesting seeing how Aubrey was so surprised by all of this. It was different. I mean, I didn't know how, or even think of how she was going to react. But, I could tell in her voice that this was shocking for her. Still, I don't blame her. A part of me was shocked too.

"Uh... I felt bad." I simply replied as I came to a stop at a red light. That was all that I could say. I didn't know what else to say anyways. So she still made me nervous and I still can't talk to her fully, but it was getting better. "Tell me when to turn left." I quickly added, in a louder tone to change the subject. I still have to learn to get used to her more.

"Okay, but you don't have to feel bad. I mean, I stopped the deal cause I felt bad too. That's funny, huh?" Aubrey replied as she started to laugh. I couldn't help but smile at that. We both felt bad. But that wasn't normal... Was it? Aubrey felt bad. Wasn't she supposed to be mean and spoiled? And not care at all, and just be selfish... And yet... She wasn't. Not at all.

"Yeah." I just said back and continued driving. I then heard her go in her purse. I didn't know what she was doing till I got in front of her house. I thought it was just going to be nothing, that she would just get out of my car and I would drive away; The end. But when I stopped the car, I couldn't help but turn over to face her. She was smiling at me.

"Here is my number, text me when you're at your house, kay?" Aubrey said as she held in front of me a piece of paper that was folded in half. I guess it was my turn to be surprised, I definitely wasn't expecting this. I slowly took the paper from her and looked at it in my hand, and then back at Aubrey. Wow.

She was getting out of the car, but then paused and turned back at me still smiling and continued, "So I'll talk to you later then." I didn't say anything back, I didn't know what to say again, so I just nodded. And with that, she closed the door and walked up to her house. I placed the piece of paper she just handed me into my jean pocket. Placing it deeply in my pocket so I knew I wouldn't lose it or anything. I really didn't want to lose her number.

So here I am on my bed, thinking about what I should text Aubrey. First I had the most popular girl at school in my car, and now I was actually about to text her. Just wow.

Aubrey
Was I making the right decisions?

I kept wondering that while I was sitting on my bed, waiting for my phone to ring. It was placed directly right next to me. Was it stupid of me to quit our deal so soon? Why did I have to be so impulsive? I gave him my number; what if he thought I was crazy, or that I liked him? These thoughts were continually running through my mind. I was driving myself crazy. I couldn't help it.

Clearly I was over thinking till I heard my phone ring. A rush of excitement went through my body and I quickly grabbed my phone; Adam texted me, "Hey, it's Adam." Was it weird of me to be kind of nervous, but also really happy? I found myself smiling really happily and laid back on my bed. He texted me. He really texted me. I don't know why, but I half expected him to end up chickening out on me or something.

I continued smiling as I texted back, "Cool! You texted me. Thanks for the ride again." What better way to talk to someone shy than through texting? The pressure wasn't so bad compared to face to face. I wanted to see what Adam would do and say now that it was just texting. It must've been really weird for him to look over and sort of talk to me in person. So, let's see how texting was going to go.

"It was nothing." He texted back. Which made me let out a sigh in slight frustration. Even though it was only texting, he wasn't saying much. Maybe he was still intimidated by me? This was definitely going to take some time. Another reason why I sometimes wish I was just normal. If people aren't two faced, then they are really intimated by me. It was such a pain sometimes. Before people could get to know me, they see the label 'popular' and automatically assume I'm going to be something else. I mean, I don't really blame them, but still...

How am I supposed to talk to this guy? I wondered, as I stared at his text. Suddenly my phone rang, I saw it was Melissa calling me. "Hey, what's up?" I quickly answered as I got off my bed. Truth was, I didn't know what to say to Adam and I didn't want to ask him bluntly if he was going to continue driving me home or not. I really was hoping he was going to be more talkative through text.

"Ughh, I'd much rather be in Adam's car than the bus, so much faster. How was it walking home?" She asked over the phone. She probably just got back home too. I was glad though that Melissa liked being in Adam's car and getting driven home too. It made me feel not so lonely, or weird for liking getting dropped off in a stranger's car.

I wished Adam wasn't a stranger though, and so shy. He definitely wasn't like other guys that could just talk to me about anything, but I guess that was what made him different. "Uhh... Actually, while I was on my way home, Adam came along and gave me a ride." I replied as I started laughing. Melissa probably wasn't going to believe it. I was really happy too, because I didn't have to walk alone in the cold the whole way home.

"No way! No way. Seriously? So is he back to driving us?" Melissa asked excitedly. I could tell that she was really hoping he would. Just like I was. I wondered if Adam actually liked driving us. Did he even like us being in his car, or were we a bother to him? There were so many questions I wished I could ask him. I sort of felt guilty again. I didn't give Adam a choice, I forced this on him. Did he pick me up today just 'cause he felt bad, nothing more?

"I don't know yet." I said as I looked down at my feet. "Maybe."

Adam
What was I going to do?

Aubrey hasn't texted me back yet. Maybe I should've texted more than "It's nothing." Maybe I annoyed her with my short responses. Should I text her something? I was lying on my bed just staring at the ceiling. She definitely was not some spoiled popular girl, there was more than that to Aubrey. I was really certain. I looked at my phone, at the text she sent me a few minutes ago. She thanked me for the ride. And I told her back that it was nothing... Maybe it was something?

I wanted to know Aubrey and her friends more. They were something I never thought I would get this close to. If someone told me that this would happen to me, I wouldn't have believed them in a million years. But here I was. But was I screwing this chance up? I lifted up my phone and slowly typed, "If it's okay, I want to keep our deal." How am I supposed to get better with girls if I keep avoiding them too? Maybe Aubrey will help me overcome my shyness with them. Or maybe she would think I was a complete loser...

Oh well. I don't even know what's about to happen anymore. It was a chance I had to take though, so I pressed send. And suddenly my phone vibrated in my hand. I quickly looked at my phone and saw Aubrey had replied, "Really? Awesome! Since tomorrow is Friday, let's do something after school. If you're up to it." That was fast... and did Aubrey just invite me to hang out with her? I already knew she was probably going to bring along Melissa and Hanna too. Oh god, it was already starting.

"Okay, like what?" I had to text back. I was curious about what was she thinking of. I mean, where would we go? The mall where people could see? A restaurant, where we awkwardly eat and make small talk? The library...? No... never mind that, who would go to a library on a Friday? And then suddenly, I felt a nervous feeling in my stomach.

And she texted back, "I dunno yet, guess we will have to see... won't we?" I just smiled at her text. I couldn't help it. I guess she didn't know either. This wasn't normal. This was so far from normal. Even though I was still a little nervous, it wasn't that bad anymore. Then another text came in, "Is it still nerve-racking for you to be around me and my friends?"

Good question, I thought and texted back, "Kind of, but I'm getting used to it. Is it weird being around and seen with me?" I had to ask that. Popular girls around some guy like me. Definitely not normal either. I knew people had talked about this. But no one's really asked me face to face about it, so I don't really know what they are saying about all this.

I wondered if people were talking to Aubrey about this and what they thought about it, which probably wasn't good. Was it really okay for her to be around me? And then I got her text. "You're not two faced like other people. I sense that about you. I'm surrounded by people who want to be my friends just so they could be popular or something. It sucks, yeah, but it makes me see the real people from the fake ones. And from what I've seen, you're one of the real people."

Wow, I never would've expected that from Aubrey. I immediately texted back, "Yeah, you too. I was thinking you were going to be like some typical popular girl that's stuck up. But you're really surprising me." Was that okay of me to say? I really hoped I didn't make her mad or something by saying I thought she was stuck up. Since I don't really talk to girls a lot, I knew I was sooner or later going to be a idiot and offend them somehow.

But instead of a late reply or an angry one, she simply texted back, "I'm going to tell you a secret. I wasn't always popular, I still remember the time when no one knew me. I'm only popular because of my brother and sometimes... I wish I was a nobody again. It was so much easier." Whoa.

Aubrey
He was actually talking to me... through text. Booya. And he was back to driving me too. Yay!

But suddenly our text conversation got serious, so I had to tell Melissa I would talk to her later. I don't know why but I was telling him all this stuff again. I had to stop this. So I quickly texted him, "I'm sorry! It's so stupid of me to tell you that. Just pretend you never read it and NEVER tell anyone." What was it about Adam that made me ramble on about my life? I don't even know if I can really trust Adam enough that he won't tell anyone what I was telling him.

And surprisingly he texted back, "No, actually, I like it when you tell me stuff like that. It makes you seem real and not this picture perfect person I always thought you were." Which made me automatically think, was I supposed to take that as a compliment? I could tell now that he had some communication problems. He wasn't saying the right things, but he wasn't saying all the wrong things either. Just in the middle.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I texted back. But I was glad that he liked listening to me. I smiled as I reread his text. I seem real to him, huh? And sadly, it has been a while since a guy said something genuine to me. Then suddenly my phone started ringing. It was Hanna. "Hey, what's up?" I quickly answered. I already knew Melissa would've told her by that point.

"Melissa just called me and told me, you actually got a ride from Adam again?" Hanna asked in a tone that she couldn't believe that I did actually get a ride from him again. I laid back on my bed and sighed, I knew where this was about to go. Melissa was like the green light and up for anything, Hanna was the red light and makes me stop. I had to remind myself I needed that, someone to stop me from doing something crazy or regrettable. No matter how much it might annoy me in the short term.

Really, from what I've seen from my other classmates, I was glad I had someone like Hanna all these years to be brave enough to stop me and keep me in check. "Yeah, Adam gave me a ride. He's actually back to driving me home again." I replied as I felt a buzz on my phone and knew it was Adam and his text. I put Hanna on speakerphone and looked at the text.

"It's a good thing." Adam simply texted back. I smiled but then I couldn't help but think. What was better, being real or being a picture perfect person that fulfilled everyone's expectations? Wasn't I always supposed to be this picture perfect person? I then turned over to look at my mirror which was also the door to my closet. I was still wearing my outfit and hadn't changed in something more comfy. There was no one here to impress, it was just going to be me till Taylor came home at night time.

"I do like how it is quicker in Adam's car than riding some school bus. Melissa also said we should go to the mall tomorrow. Are you guys going to force him to girl shop with us or something?" Hanna asked. I couldn't help but laugh at that. Three girls, one guy, shopping at the mall. I would feel so bad for Adam. It was funny too since every time we would go to the mall, we would always see some guy hanging out with a girl, him carrying bags and bags of clothes. Would Adam be nice enough to carry all of our bags like that?

"No!" I replied as I tried to stop laughing. "It's Melissa's idea, ask her if she plans on doing that." I also decided to text back Adam at that moment, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow then." There was nothing else to say to him anyways. Slowly but surely, he will come around. I learned a long time ago to not drag out a conversation. I was sure he didn't know what else to say to me anyway.

"If we do go to the mall, we should give Adam a makeover or something, or at least cut his hair if he's going to be around us." Hanna said over the phone. Whoa, while Adam was slowly getting used to us and talking, Hanna was over here slowly getting used to having Adam around. So did not see this coming, but I have to admit, that would be interesting to see.

End of chapter 5

Chapter 6
Adam
Breathe. Just be normal.

I thought to myself as I was sitting on the benches, which were near the school parking lot, waiting for Aubrey and her friends to come along. At lunch, I actually sat in the cafeteria, but only small talked to Todd who was still bugging me about being with them. I in turn always reject his pleads of tagging along and try and change the topic of his questions or just ignore his comments. And course, I stayed over my corner of the cafeteria, and they stayed in their side. I couldn't look over at them since Todd would've definitely noticed. I couldn't help but wonder if they even looked over at me yet.

Oh well, now I was here sitting in the benches wondering what they wanted to do. Aubrey did want to do something after school, but what? A nervousness crept upon me as I looked at my phone, just in case Aubrey had texted me. She hadn't. "Hey Adam." Melissa suddenly said surprising me as I jumped a bit in shock. I immediately noticed that she was sitting right next to me. She started laughing as I quickly looked at my other side and there was Aubrey, smiling at me. Hanna was beside her, but was just staring at the people pasting by us.

Aubrey had her hair down, but clipped up in the front. She was wearing dark purple pants with a white shirt, and a black jacket over it. "Melissa, I can't believe you just made him jump." Aubrey commented as she started to laugh at what just happened. "Hey, Adam." She then said as I could feel my face get sort of hot. I was really glad that the wind started blowing hard at my face at that point, or else it probably would've been really noticeable.

"But it was a perfect opportunity, too. Adam was so focused on his phone, speaking of which..." As soon as Melissa said that, she grabbed my phone out of my hands. "Let me put my number in your phone too." Whoa. She's giving me her number too. I thought in surprise as I stared at Melissa who had her phone out also, she had her wavy black hair ponytailed to one side. She was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and dark grey pants. "Kay, here's your phone back." She said as she handed my phone to me.

I couldn't believe this was happening. I stared at my phone in disbelief at what had just happened. Aubrey, and now Melissa. Just wow. "So what do you guys want to do today?" Hanna suddenly asked as we all turned to her. Hanna had a red headband on top of her light blonde hair, wearing a red blouse with black jeans. As I looked over at her, she suddenly looked over at me and the moment our eyes connected, I looked away. Fast. I was still pretty uneasy being around her...

"Turns out I have to go grocery shopping soon, so we can't go to the mall today. I'm on a budget now." Melissa answered as she was waving back at some guy. "You guys have any ideas?" She asked as she turned toward me. I was going to look away and just stare at the sidewalk, but suddenly I noticed the people walking past us were all waving or smiling at them or just watching us in curiosity. And right in the middle was me, I could see it in their faces, wondering who was this guy that was with them.

"Oh no, I thought we were going to go to the mall so I didn't think of any other place we could go." Aubrey replied as some people were waving at her too. She just smiled at them and then turned back to me and asked. "Well anything you want to do, Adam?" There she was again, still calling me by my name. I sort of smiled at that. I don't know why but I couldn't get enough of it. Maybe it was because not a lot of people knew me, so I don't get to hear my name enough. Yeah, maybe that was it.

Anyways, where do I want to go, what do I want to do? I thought as I stared back at Aubrey who was smiling at me still. I was about to answer, but before I could, someone yelled out, "Hey dude." Oh heck no. Please don't let it be... I immediately thought, as I turned my head toward the direction and right there was Todd walking toward me down the sidewalk. s**t. Clearly, telling him 'no' a hundred times wasn't enough to get it through his thick skull.

"... Is he talking to you?" Melissa asked as they all turned toward him too. This isn't happening. This isn't going to be good. I thought as this panic feeling rushed through my body. I had to do something. But I became paralyzed and found I couldn't move an inch. I didn't know what to do. I just ended up staring in horror as Todd was getting closer.

Aubrey
So, I wanted to know Adam more, but how?

"So we should hang out with Adam after school but let's not go to the mall, not yet. We have to find another place to hang and get to know him. It's not like we can socialize at school." I said as we were sitting down at our lunch table. Our town, sadly there wasn't much to do, but go to the mall or movies. Or eat or go to some friend's house. Sure, they were places here and there to go to, but none that I really liked.

"What made you want to hang with Adam?" Hanna bluntly asked as she got out a bowl of fruit salad. "I thought his only so called mission was to drive you home. Nothing was said about you having to be, like, friends with the guy." She continued to say as she placed the bottom of her chin to her palm of her hand and stared at me for my answer. I looked away from her stare and started to dig through my bag. But I could feel her eyes were still glued on me.

"I don't know." I simply replied as I got out my apple slices with grapes which was in a container out. "He seems like a sweet, genuine guy and, I don't know... He's different." I continued as I opened my container and picked up a purple grape. "He's not just some guy that wants to hang out with me because I'm popular, or tries too hard to impress me." Hanna then took the bottom of her chin off her palm and was just nodding in response.

"That's so true." Melissa commented as she placed in front of her a bowl of mash potatoes, no gravy. "I think it's really cute how he's so shy too." As she said that, I kind of choked on the grape that I just put in my mouth and started laughing. "Whoa Aubrey." Melissa said as she started laughing too. "I can't believe you just choked on a grape, that's classic!" The irony. Why were we having weird moments with fruits lately?

"And I can't believe you think it's cute how he's shy too!" I said back as I grabbed a napkin to wipe my mouth. I looked over at Hanna and saw that she was looking at us crazy like, frowning seriously with her eyes squinted. "What is it this time, Hanna?" I asked as I grabbed a apple slice. I couldn't help but keep grinning as I took a bite. Sometimes it was fun to push her buttons.

"I can't believe you guys think he's cute. Gross!" Hanna replied as she started to pick a orange in her fruit salad with a fork. "Aubrey, don't forget you're with Skylark." Ugh, Hanna just had to just mention the douche. I thought as I frowned and started to chew another apple slice. I haven't thought about him in a while. It felt good; untill now. "And Melissa, I don't even know where to begin." And just like that, I started laughing again.

Which made Melissa just laugh harder. "Don't be jealous Hanna that you aren't crushing on some cute, shy, emo guy." Melissa finally said when she stopped laughing, and looked over at Adam's table. He was over there drinking his milk. Yep, it seems we all knew where Adam sat now. I found it the moment I entered the cafeteria with Hanna and scanned through the tables on that side.

I couldn't help but laugh harder at Melissa's comment, almost bringing me to tears, which made Hanna look all disgusted, "Ew, no! That is so not my type. It might look like your type, Melissa, but Aubrey? Is that what you like? Skylark is so different from Adam. How could you like that type of guy?" Hanna asked, while staring at me intensely once more.

I couldn't help but smile. "Who says I like Adam? He just interests me because of the fact that he's different." Besides, Skylark hasn't texted me since that day. I don't want to admit it to Melissa or Hanna yet, but I was probably going to break up with him soon. Adam was just around to keep my mind off it. Besides, it was going to be really interesting after school when we are actually going to hang out with him.

Adam
No way was Todd actually crashing this. And I just let it all happen in front of me.

He stood in front of me and Aubrey and her friends and introduced himself, "Hey I'm Todd, I'm Adam's friend." I still couldn't believe he was doing this even after all the times I told him that I didn't want him near me when I was around them. His defense was that I was trying to keep them all to myself. But I knew from the start, there was absolutely no way they were going to like Todd. I mean it was already a surprise that they even accepted me being around them.

Anyways, it was just awkward. Aubrey and her friends just looked at Todd without saying hello or anything. I didn't even want to look at their faces and see what their reactions were like. I could probably already imagine. I finally decided to sprung into action, quickly stood up, grabbed his arm, and whispered to him "Not cool," and made him walk with me over to a tree which was a distance away from them so they couldn't hear. I hoped.

"What? Dude, I told you I wanted to hang with them too." Todd said as he brushed my hand off his arm. "You need to stop hogging them all to yourself." He'd been pissing me off a lot lately. I really hoped I wasn't going to lose it right there and then, 'cause I'd just about had it... But I didn't want to make a scene. I didn't want this to happen right now.

"And I told you that you couldn't hang with them and that I wasn't hogging them. We aren't friends or anything, I'm just giving Aubrey and her friends a ride to their house. That's all!" I explained as I quickly looked over at their direction, and course they had to be watching. It made me think though, was Aubrey trying to be friends with me? Bad timing for that random thought.

"I just want to come along." Todd replied as he looked over at them too. "Damn, they are so hot." Which made me just shake my head. There was no way I was letting him be in my car with them. "Besides, dude. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even be having them in your car." He just had to remind me. But, it wasn't entirely because of him...

"Hey, Adam!" Suddenly, Hanna yelled over. I turned to her in shock. Her first time actually, publicly, talking to me. Wow. She was standing with Aubrey and Melissa who were facing the parking lot. "We're ready to go. Can you hurry up and talk to your friend so we can finally leave?" I stood there frozen in place, still in shock. Then I snapped out of it and turned to Todd, who had this grin on his face.

"You're not coming with me, and you're not getting in my car." I stated to Todd, as I turned away and started to walk over to them. I really hoped he got the message, but then again, he hasn't since day one. What was I going to do? I quickly glanced over my shoulder to see if Todd was following... Luckily, he wasn't. He had turned and was walking away. Thank god.

I immediately felt relieved, and ran up to Aubrey and her friends. But I knew better, he wasn't going to give up that easily. "Hey Adam, what was up with you and your friend? When you guys were talking it looked like you were pretty angry, is everything okay?" Aubrey asked concernedly when I got in beside her. I felt so embarrassed though, at that moment I knew me and Todd weren't friends anymore. They think I was friends with a spiky haired, skull t-shirt wearing, chains on the pants guy type of guy. That wasn't me anymore.

"Yeah, everything is okay. Sorry about that, and he's not really my friend, but whatever..." I answered as I got my keys out my pocket. Wow, I just actually said a full sentence to her. I thought as I smiled and then silently breathed out some of the anger thanks to Todd and walked over to my door, and looked over at Aubrey who was standing there in front of the passenger seat door. "So where do you want to go?"

Aubrey
Adam's friend was just weird.

We were sitting on the bench with Adam and then suddenly Adam's friend came up in front of us. "Hey I'm Todd, I'm Adam's friend." I couldn't help but look at him like 'what the heck'. He had his hair all spiked up, and was wearing a leather black jacket over a dark grey shirt filled with multiple skulls, and black pants with chains. Was this the sort of person Adam surrounds himself with? I wondered as I sort of glanced over at Adam, who was just sitting there next to me with his head down.

I wasn't the only one, clearly, because Hanna and Melissa just stared at him too. None of us said anything to him till Adam got up from the benches and grabbed him, said something that I couldn't hear, and walked over to a tree to talk to him. "I don't know what to say." Melissa finally said as after a while, as we just stared at Adam who was still talking to his friend. I guess we were all thinking if this was what Adam was really like. I mean, don't someone's friends sort of represent who they kind of are?

"I know, right?" Hanna agreed, as Adam started to look angry while talking to his friend. "You guys don't think his friend is cute... Do you?" She asked, and suddenly me and Melissa started laughing, then we both said at the same time, "Hell no!" Hanna looked over at us smiling and replied, "Thank god, because I'm so not hanging out with a guy that looks like that." We could hang with Adam, he wasn't that bad. But his friends? No, just no.

"Adam looks angry, doesn't he?" Melissa commented as we went back to looking at them talk. Suddenly his friend turned over and looked at us. I quickly looked down. "Oh crap, did his friend just look at us?" I heard Melissa ask as I looked over at her smiling, Hanna and Melissa also looked away from his stare. Hanna was looking at the wall. Melissa was looking at her fingernails. It was sort of funny, I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Yeah, maybe we should stop their conversation..." I commented as I stood up and walked over to the sidewalk that was near the parking lot. "Someone call Adam over, let's go somewhere already." I don't bother to stick around school when it's time to go. Once the last bell rings, I want to get out of school as fast as I can and get off the campus.

"Hey Adam, we're ready to go. Can you hurry up and talk to your friend so we can finally leave?" I heard Hanna say to Adam. Melissa and me quickly looked over at her in surprise. I was pretty sure Melissa had the same reaction too. Is Hanna actually accepting Adam and talking to him now? I wondered, as Melissa just smiled at me as we both turned away from Hanna and started walking toward the parking lot.

Adam looked over at us, said something to his friend and started to run over to us. I couldn't help but ask when he got right beside me, "Hey Adam, what was up with you and your friend? When you guys were talking it looked like you were pretty angry, is everything okay?" Would it have been rude if I told Adam to never let his friend be with us in the car? I was sure he already knew. Well, at least hoped so.

We were right there at his car when he replied to me, "Yeah, everything is okay. Sorry about that, and he's not really my friend, but whatever..." He wasn't Adam's friend? Then who was he to Adam? Someone Adam just knows? Questions quickly rushed through my mind as I was just standing in front of the passenger door. I looked over at Adam, he looked over at me too and asked, "So, where do you want to go?"

"I'm starving." I answered back. I really was. "Where is a good place to eat?" I asked as I looked over at Melissa and Hanna, who were smiling at me. Looked like they were hungry too, since they were nodding in approval at me. But I never would've guessed what Adam was about to suggest.

End of chapter 6. Thanks for reading! biggrin Also, thanks to Heavendove for proof reading for me.

Chapter 7 on page 11.

Ohh and today is my birthday! whee (July 3)

And everyone have a good safe July 4th!

kirafckr's Partner

Demonic Recalibrator

19,650 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Redecorator 50
Happy Birthday! xd

These seem good, If you like I can be your editor too.

beebee1234cde's Princess

Anxious Phantom

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
Happy birthday and good chapter!!

Ruthless Shapeshifter

9,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Belated Happy Birthday~
And also, when will Skylark appear?
Heavendove
Happy Birthday! xd

These seem good, If you like I can be your editor too.

Thanks! biggrin

Are you good in proof reading a story and fixing like spelling, grammar, adding commas where needed and also if you can make a sentence sound better by changing the wording a bit? I mean not too change that it seems like I didn't write it but you get the idea?

If you think you're up for it. PM me. I will send you the beginning of chapter 5, Adam's point of view, the first 10 paragraphs. Just to give you a trial run and see how you do. If you don't mind.

A_Drawn_Angel
Happy birthday and good chapter!!

Thanks! whee Glad you liked the chapters also.

07aoi
Belated Happy Birthday~
And also, when will Skylark appear?

Thanks! mrgreen He will, eventually. Sooner or later. Definitely keep a eye out!

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Happy late birthday to youuuu~ Happy late birthday to youuuuuu!
I wish you had a wonderful birthday! And saw some really great fireworks. And that your house didn't catch on fire with all those fireworks! xD

As usually, I'm addicted. And that means you are one hell of a writer because I'm not a romance genre type at all xD I want to see Adam's makeover, and like BAM! Cute guy! /shot

For some reason I always pictured Todd like a nerdy person with suspenders and all. Well, now that clears out xD

6,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Hygienic 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Happy Belated Birthday! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Is there a possibility that Todd might still make an appearance that will effect (good or bad) Adam's relationship with the girls? Although, he might not be friend's with Adam from now on, it seems like he might. If yes, that would be interesting to see how it plays out but I'm actually more interested in Skylark! I can't to wait to find out how you've portrayed him. At the moment I'm just like Aubrey; forgetting about Skylark till someone mentions him hahaha Adam just keeps getting in the way! I'm looking forward to the next chapter! ^^
M a s k e d - M a n a
Happy late birthday to youuuu~ Happy late birthday to youuuuuu!
I wish you had a wonderful birthday! And saw some really great fireworks. And that your house didn't catch on fire with all those fireworks! xD

As usually, I'm addicted. And that means you are one hell of a writer because I'm not a romance genre type at all xD I want to see Adam's makeover, and like BAM! Cute guy! /shot

For some reason I always pictured Todd like a nerdy person with suspenders and all. Well, now that clears out xD

Haha, thank youuuu!! heart I did have a good birthday, finished the day off with watching Despicable Me 2 and Man of Steel. Lol, I avoided having my house catch on fire by going to a park where they had a firework show. It was nicee. I hope your 4th was good too! 3nodding

Lol yay, I'm happy to hear that!! Thank you! I'm glad my story, even though its not your typical genre, is good enough. Haha, and definitely keep a eye out for the makeover.

Haha, oh gosh. Total opposite of Todd's look. Hopefully he makes more sense now... even though he's been here and there in the story so far.

Sneaky_Li
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Happy Belated Birthday! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Is there a possibility that Todd might still make an appearance that will effect (good or bad) Adam's relationship with the girls? Although, he might not be friend's with Adam from now on, it seems like he might. If yes, that would be interesting to see how it plays out but I'm actually more interested in Skylark! I can't to wait to find out how you've portrayed him. At the moment I'm just like Aubrey; forgetting about Skylark till someone mentions him hahaha Adam just keeps getting in the way! I'm looking forward to the next chapter! ^^

Thank you! 4laugh

Definitely, you'll see Todd again. He's not going anywhere just yet. Haha, I like how you guys are waiting for Skylark to appear. He's definitely gonna come around sooner or later! Lol. I feel sort of bad for him though since he's only been a minor character and hasn't been talked about much lately. Since Adam doesn't even know him or anything. And Aubrey hasn't been thinking about him. Hopefully you guys haven't completely forgot about him. xp

Impassioned Misfit

24,340 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Regular Attendee 100
I love this! I can do editing too. I'm really good at all that stuff you mentioned. I always get straight As in Spelling, Grammar, and English. When I'm typing on Gaia I'm a little less strict and just kind of let it go with the flow.. anyway.. I love this story and I can't wait til you put up the next chapter <3

Also

Happy Birthday!!! biggrin
Spraying Breastmilk
I love this! I can do editing too. I'm really good at all that stuff you mentioned. I always get straight As in Spelling, Grammar, and English. When I'm typing on Gaia I'm a little less strict and just kind of let it go with the flow.. anyway.. I love this story and I can't wait til you put up the next chapter <3

Also

Oh sorry, I already found someone to edit for me. But if I ever need need a new editor, I will definitely ask you to. 3nodding And yay, I'm glad you're enjoying my story. biggrin

And thank you!

EDITED: I forgot to ask, are you subscribed or would like a PM from me whenever I update?

6,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Hygienic 200
I doubt we'll forget about Skylark! He's like that mysterious character in the shadows that you'd do anything to find out about haha
Sneaky_Li
I doubt we'll forget about Skylark! He's like that mysterious character in the shadows that you'd do anything to find out about haha

Good to know! biggrin Hopefully when he does appear, he won't disappoint.
Not a story update. Just me rambling lol.

Sooo I made another Gaia account. Yesterday. I just wanted to. It's nice to have a backup one... just in case. *knock on wood* So I've been on my other account and been posting and such. Everything was going okay. Till today, when I checked on here. And saw they censored the cuss words that were in the first chapter. I was like "WTF, when did that happen??"

But decided to just post about it later when I was back on this account. And continued posting around Gaia and noticed that if I posted a cuss word, it would be censored too. And if someone posted a post with a cuss word, it would be as well.

It annoys me like crazy. Luckily, I don't have that problem on this account. No censoring on this account. Hopefully it will go away on the other one. Cuss words are nothing new to me. I don't need that censoring. It's the internet. Cuss words are gonna be almost everywhere.

Kudos for Gaia for censoring I guess but if some person isn't allowed to see cuss words or something... then they probably are too young to be here and shouldn't even be on here.

I don't know.. I think it's really pointless of Gaia to censor the cussing. If they are going to censor the cussing, then they should reallyyy do something about the advertising I see of anime girls with big boobs and not fully clothed. Even some of these avatars.... not really kid friendly to see.

Plus the sign they are replacing the cuss words with are annoying. They sometimes are longer than the actual word they are replacing.

And I have a question, do any of you guys have that censoring? Probably not but if you do, what do you think of it? Is it beneficial to you or annoying or something?

EDIT: Oh and I'll tell you guys the name of my other account later. For now, it's not the time. Sooner or later, you'll see it.

Impassioned Misfit

24,340 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Regular Attendee 100
Green Tea Chi
Spraying Breastmilk

Also

Oh sorry, I already found someone to edit for me. But if I ever need need a new editor, I will definitely ask you to. 3nodding And yay, I'm glad you're enjoying my story. biggrin

And thank you!

EDITED: I forgot to ask, are you subscribed or would like a PM from me whenever I update?

My Gaia -> Account Settings -> look on the right side for the option about filtering cuss words and change it to the lowest setting possible. That is probably the only reason you're seeing the censoring. I know when I make a new account I always have to fix that part. Same thing for seeing images. See all images instead of just whitelisted ones that way you don't see that policeman with their hand up image. Hope that helped <3

And I'm subscribed thanks smile Totally anytime you need a back up editor I'm here!

Loving the story so far and can't wait til the romance happens.. and see what goes on with Skylark. I'm hoping of course he gets his a** dumped and maybe ends up befriending Todd and then one of the popular girls maybe even ends up with him cause she has a hidden side or something and the whole dynamic between the populars and the not populars gets changed in a really interesting way and people fall in love and it's all swoony *v* I love how you write it from alternating perspectives. That is genius. That way when there's a cliffhanger it's okay because I was looking forward to the other one's perspective so it's not torture to wait x)

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
hahahafunny first chapter

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers