Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
TuckyX
I always found the hate for long running manga series totally weird. Weekly shonen series, especially battle manga like the big 3, are meant to run as long as possible. It's been like that for pretty much as long as weekly manga magazines existed.

Please look at the link and we'll get back to you on regards to this series in particular. rofl

Best response to this lol.

I'm not a hardcore Naruto fan. Nowhere in my post said that I was. I just understand that long runs are just part of the shonen battle manga genre. I guess I worded it wrong. I don't really find the hate for the series weird, it's more the expectations of some of the readers that I found odd. You can hate the series all you want, I just find it weird that some people expected it to be something other than the typical shonen battle manga. That's just like eating at McDonald's and then getting pissed off that your burger and fries weren't health food.
TuckyX
Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
TuckyX
I always found the hate for long running manga series totally weird. Weekly shonen series, especially battle manga like the big 3, are meant to run as long as possible. It's been like that for pretty much as long as weekly manga magazines existed.

Please look at the link and we'll get back to you on regards to this series in particular. rofl

I'm not a hardcore Naruto fan. Nowhere in my post said that I was. I just understand that long runs are just part of the shonen battle manga genre. I guess I worded it wrong. I don't really find the hate for the series weird, it's more the expectations of some of the readers that I found odd. You can hate the series all you want, I just find it weird that some people expected it to be something other than the typical shonen battle manga. That's just like eating at McDonald's and then getting pissed off that your burger and fries weren't health food.

Perhaps you've been caught in the crossfire, it still doesn't change the fact that Gaia's Naruto fan-branch has committed too many sins beyond counting, and it colors a lot of how the overall fandom's perceived in and out of Gaia as a result.

As for more 'Proper' Shonen Battle Manga that has 3-Dimensional Personalities at minimum, without the slug-tier pacing of One Piece, I'd recommend Mahou Sensei Negima, Rave Master or Especially Rosario + Vampire out of the ones I know, I know I've read the last of the 3 and I can testify.

I fail to see why making sure all your residents in whatever Shonen you're doing finds it SINFUL to have 3-Dimensional+ personalities for all the people in that Shonen, let alone making sure as many of them are as tolerable as possible for that matter.

After Sasuke's (First) Betrayal, the Tolerability of everyone in that world went down-the-drain.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Whoa. I didnt even know it was still ongoeing. .__.';;;
Not sure if I can handle this news. T.T

Urbosa's Waifu

Pal

I was a big fan but I'm happy to see it end. It's ran its course.
StrangeMinion
Am I the only one who really does not give a s**t?

No you're not the only one.
mischievous x3
sad for some people, thrilling for some people.
Im a big naruto fan, but no one can please everyone so no, I'm not butthurt at all.

I'm almost done watching Naruto, is Naruto Shippuden as good as Naruto?
Javier Cross
TuckyX
Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
TuckyX

Perhaps you've been caught in the crossfire, it still doesn't change the fact that Gaia's Naruto fan-branch has committed too many sins beyond counting, and it colors a lot of how the overall fandom's perceived in and out of Gaia as a result.

As for more 'Proper' Shonen Battle Manga that has 3-Dimensional Personalities at minimum, without the slug-tier pacing of One Piece, I'd recommend Mahou Sensei Negima, Rave Master or Especially Rosario + Vampire out of the ones I know, I know I've read the last of the 3 and I can testify.

I fail to see why making sure all your residents in whatever Shonen you're doing finds it SINFUL to have 3-Dimensional+ personalities for all the people in that Shonen, let alone making sure as many of them are as tolerable as possible for that matter.

After Sasuke's (First) Betrayal, the Tolerability of everyone in that world went down-the-drain.

Whether something is "proper" shonen is all relative. Weekly Shonen Jump is still the top selling weekly manga magazine in Japan, and Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are published in that magazine. Lot's of school aged boys (shonen) regularly read Weekly Shonen Jump and are fans of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Any series that's popular with it's intended audience is a success in my book, whether or not I personally like it.

There are a lot of casual adult readers of Weekly Shonen Jump and, for them, it's like reliving their childhood for a little while each week. So series that remind them of ones that they grew up with, or series from their youth that are still running, tend to be their favorites. Which is why I compared Naruto to McDonalds. Sure, there are higher quality burger joint options, but some people prefer the familiarity of McDonalds.

I’ve read Negima and Rave Master, and was a fan of both series. I grew up reading manga back when it only took up a couple of shelves in US bookstores. I'm lucky enough to live in a city that has a Kinokuniya Books, and grew up buying the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump and Shonen Sunday (for the pictures and because it was way cheaper than any translated manga at the time). I try not to think too much about why I like a series, and just read whatever interests me, whatever genre it may be. Which is why the series that I like tend to be all over the place, from shonen battle manga to syrupy shojo and hardboiled seinen. I read a lot of manga, but I don’t consider myself a part of any fandom. I agree that much of the Naruto fandom are quite rabid, but (maybe because I’m older) it doesn’t bother me all that much. I have a live and let live attitude towards them.
TuckyX
Javier Cross
TuckyX
Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
TuckyX

Whether something is "proper" shonen is all relative. Weekly Shonen Jump is still the top selling weekly manga magazine in Japan, and Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are published in that magazine. Lot's of school aged boys (shonen) regularly read Weekly Shonen Jump and are fans of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Any series that's popular with it's intended audience is a success in my book, whether or not I personally like it.

There are a lot of casual adult readers of Weekly Shonen Jump and, for them, it's like reliving their childhood for a little while each week. So series that remind them of ones that they grew up with, or series from their youth that are still running, tend to be their favorites. Which is why I compared Naruto to McDonalds. Sure, there are higher quality burger joint options, but some people prefer the familiarity of McDonalds.

I’ve read Negima and Rave Master, and was a fan of both series. I grew up reading manga back when it only took up a couple of shelves in US bookstores. I'm lucky enough to live in a city that has a Kinokuniya Books, and grew up buying the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump and Shonen Sunday (for the pictures and because it was way cheaper than any translated manga at the time). I try not to think too much about why I like a series, and just read whatever interests me, whatever genre it may be. Which is why the series that I like tend to be all over the place, from shonen battle manga to syrupy shojo and hardboiled seinen. I read a lot of manga, but I don’t consider myself a part of any fandom. I agree that much of the Naruto fandom are quite rabid, but (maybe because I’m older) it doesn’t bother me all that much. I have a live and let live attitude towards them.

I had to spoiler-tag most of it so I can make sure everyone else is still awake, but honestly as for the more Rabid branches like the one on Gaia or worse, if the only 'known' cure for them appears to be mentioning 'Tenchi Muyo vs Naruto' several times over especially with Universe-based Warfare, You're Doing It WRONG!!!*

I can agree on the 'Live and Let Live' regards being a must-have, but I'd only dream of doing such on the fandom branches for any site that actually deserves it*, otherwise everyone starts mistaking Mercy for Weakness on my part, and it's not anything I'd want anyone to get, believe me, and I'd go on with the list for Gaia's Fandom Branches for any Series or World that Deserves Mercy, but I'd rather not put everyone to sleep by starting the list now.

If you want to have a surefire way to teach Humility, Teach Everyone The True Meaning of Mercy, first.

Is it so bloody wrong to ask for a Sympathetic, 3-Dimensional(at Minimum) Cast while still bleeding our consequences like Lakes or Rivers at minimum?

I'm starting to think it is WRONG to ask for such things sometimes. emo

1.) (Although unless Naruto finally ends, I highly doubt Universal Warfare's gonna be allowed at this section of Gaia, but hey it's the thoughts that count and The Results That Matter, really.)
2.) (Unless noted otherwise, let's agree to not list out Bad Exceptions to The Rule in this thread, I'm not gonna go pay for any Collateral Damage/Crossfire-raising/etc going on from my part and the last thing I'd want is to go fire a badly-timed outburst, regardless if it's deserved, was gonna be fired anyway regardless if deserved or not, or was gonna be spoken anyway.)

Aged Sex Symbol

Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
TuckyX

Somebody's gotta say it, beats explaining the sins Gaia's Naruto fan-branch committed in the past.
Plus it saves time. blaugh

It does. I mean damn people still think Naruto and Bleach hate isn't valid. I think them being long a** boring fillers makes all the hate beyond valid. The fact that the fan base act like it's God tier work.

You might want to update your information on the fandom, because at the moment even the youngest viewers are complaining their intelligence is being insulted and that they just want it to end.

We hate this series more than any critic could possibly fathom because we've wasted 15 years waiting for it to get better. We rode this trainwreck into the ground with our fingers crossed chanting "Kishimoto will fix it, Kishimoto will save us" But Kishimoto had abandoned us long ago. We were ******** from the word "shippuden" and part of us knew it but we kept crawling back like a good b***h because we remembered season one and as long as we saw the retard in an orange tracksuit playing ninja we had hope. We were stupid then. Now we're just weak.

You won Kishi. you broke us.

Kawaii Shounen

Nytemair is a new VNfag
Neon Wasteland
The fact that the fan base act like it's God tier work.

There are always going to be anime fans like this. Just pretend they don't exist and everything will be fine.

I will laugh if Kishimoto pulls off a bullshit ending and the zealous part of the fanbase commit mass suicide.

I would not be surprised, less than 5 chapters and
there's a lot of s**t needs to be fixed, unless he does something on the movie.

but at this point sasuke is still a ******** dweeb

Shopper

What I love is
you get bandwagon naruto fans who follow it diehard and claim it to be the best ever
then you get guys like op who is the other bandwagon that says "omg naruto sux lol good riddance"

Fillers aside, it's not that bad. Not god tier, but not crap tier.
SS_ShitStorm
Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
Neon Wasteland
Javier Cross
TuckyX

Somebody's gotta say it, beats explaining the sins Gaia's Naruto fan-branch committed in the past.
Plus it saves time. blaugh

It does. I mean damn people still think Naruto and Bleach hate isn't valid. I think them being long a** boring fillers makes all the hate beyond valid. The fact that the fan base act like it's God tier work.

You might want to update your information on the fandom, because at the moment even the youngest viewers are complaining their intelligence is being insulted and that they just want it to end.

We hate this series more than any critic could possibly fathom because we've wasted 15 years waiting for it to get better. We rode this trainwreck into the ground with our fingers crossed chanting "Kishimoto will fix it, Kishimoto will save us" But Kishimoto had abandoned us long ago. We were ******** from the word "shippuden" and part of us knew it but we kept crawling back like a good b***h because we remembered season one and as long as we saw the retard in an orange tracksuit playing ninja we had hope. We were stupid then. Now we're just weak.

You won Kishi. you broke us.

These series are meant to help sell magazines and whatever else their sponsors (Bandai, Nitendo, Apple, Google) are selling to the Japanese market. Unless you're a young boy living in Japan, or a regular buyer of the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, your thoughts and criticisms of the series, not matter how valid, don't mean much to Kishimoto and the editors of Shonen Jump.

It's cool to criticize the series. I admit to getting bored and/or fed up with it a number of times during it's long run. Just know that, ultimately, the series wasn't meant for us to begin with, at least not primarily anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff