Rock...

...is dead. 1 100.0% [ 281 ]
Total Votes:[ 281 ]

THE KEARNEST
fisting you gently
THE KEARNEST
fisting you gently
THE KEARNEST
Nope, give me a good explanation as to why I'm wrong.

Keep in mind I gave him a four song chance in passing and got nothing and go!

but you can literally say that about any artist ever. there is nothing we can say to you to prove to you that he has talent. it's not possible. if you tell us someone you like we can say the same thing, and no matter how many words you type you'll never ever be able to prove to us that the artist/band in question had any merit.

its as easy as you [or chantal] telling me what you do like about frank ocean and what, if anything, that you dont like about frank ocean and where the scale tips either positively or negatively.

then we compare and discuss.

thats how you prove it and it seems like a pretty fair way to go about it and i think i just kinda circ**vented your point.

the debate continues?

naw, it doesn't. i could type plenty of words about how much i enjoy channel ORANGE (even going as far to nominate it for a possible AOTY).

but i'm not going to waste my time trying to explain to you why i like his music. you've already formed your opinion about him, and you've already listened to enough songs to form a good opinion. worse still: you've formed just about the worst opinion that you could possibly form about it; you think it's boring. there's nothing i could possibly type that would make you change your mind.

on the other hand: i know you tend to be kinda dumb about first (or even forth, fifth, sixth, seventh, fiftieth) impressions with an artist. just take current 93 for example. neutral

first of all your being lazy not wanting to discuss second of all my only snag i ever had was tibets voice because i did'nt get the emotion in his voice for a year and even then that was only the case with imperium.

i never said not once that current 93 was in any way bad even before i actually took the time to delve into the man/bands work.

on the other hand with frank ocean to me his production value is fair to middling at best in the large scale of artists that work in the genre he works in and i presented an arguement that he was boring and untalented in comparensen to his peers. [and yeah i'd say that even kanye's production is better.]

i want to discuss what makes him worth while so that even though i dont care for his sounds i at least know where the appeal comes in for him.

and besides while i did say you were free to comment on the matter just keep in mind that i was asking chantal firstly and she seems to be either aloof to the conversation or simply doesnt wanna ******** with it.

my mind can be changed with either facts or time.

i'm looking at you people to help speed the process up if its possible.

im not bullheaded.
ian there is so much nonsensu here, i'll respond to it when i am not on my phone
fisting you gently
The Heather Of Killing
So, all I've missed the past month is that Frank Ocean released an album, came out as gay, and castrillo's still a ******** wad?

I'm just here for BoA's comeback, at this point.
youve missed FANTASEA. which is a masterpiece btw.
WHY DON'T YOU TEXT ME THIS s**t, YOU STUPID ******** c**t?! UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE MY NUMBER!

also, you're supposed to come to gulf view starbucks so i can pee in your coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, lol@ castrillo using the "u hav n ugly avi" insult. lolololololololololololol fuuuuuuuuuuck off, shitdick.
The Heather Of Killing
fisting you gently
The Heather Of Killing
So, all I've missed the past month is that Frank Ocean released an album, came out as gay, and castrillo's still a ******** wad?

I'm just here for BoA's comeback, at this point.
youve missed FANTASEA. which is a masterpiece btw.
WHY DON'T YOU TEXT ME THIS s**t, YOU STUPID ******** c**t?! UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE MY NUMBER!

also, you're supposed to come to gulf view starbucks so i can pee in your coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, lol@ castrillo using the "u hav n ugly avi" insult. lolololololololololololol fuuuuuuuuuuck off, shitdick.

why the ******** don't you have an azealia banks CC or a newsfeed or some other cool internet thing to tell you about these things goooooood god guuurrrllll you are missing out exclaim it's better than castrillo could have ever expected it to be.

also, i've grown weary of texting lolololololol
THE KEARNEST
fisting you gently
THE KEARNEST
fisting you gently
THE KEARNEST
Nope, give me a good explanation as to why I'm wrong.

Keep in mind I gave him a four song chance in passing and got nothing and go!

but you can literally say that about any artist ever. there is nothing we can say to you to prove to you that he has talent. it's not possible. if you tell us someone you like we can say the same thing, and no matter how many words you type you'll never ever be able to prove to us that the artist/band in question had any merit.

its as easy as you [or chantal] telling me what you do like about frank ocean and what, if anything, that you dont like about frank ocean and where the scale tips either positively or negatively.

then we compare and discuss.

thats how you prove it and it seems like a pretty fair way to go about it and i think i just kinda circ**vented your point.

the debate continues?

naw, it doesn't. i could type plenty of words about how much i enjoy channel ORANGE (even going as far to nominate it for a possible AOTY).

but i'm not going to waste my time trying to explain to you why i like his music. you've already formed your opinion about him, and you've already listened to enough songs to form a good opinion. worse still: you've formed just about the worst opinion that you could possibly form about it; you think it's boring. there's nothing i could possibly type that would make you change your mind.

on the other hand: i know you tend to be kinda dumb about first (or even forth, fifth, sixth, seventh, fiftieth) impressions with an artist. just take current 93 for example. neutral

first of all your being lazy not wanting to discuss second of all my only snag i ever had was tibets voice because i did'nt get the emotion in his voice for a year and even then that was only the case with imperium.

i never said not once that current 93 was in any way bad even before i actually took the time to delve into the man/bands work.

on the other hand with frank ocean to me his production value is fair to middling at best in the large scale of artists that work in the genre he works in and i presented an arguement that he was boring and untalented in comparensen to his peers. [and yeah i'd say that even kanye's production is better.]

i want to discuss what makes him worth while so that even though i dont care for his sounds i at least know where the appeal comes in for him.

and besides while i did say you were free to comment on the matter just keep in mind that i was asking chantal firstly and she seems to be either aloof to the conversation or simply doesnt wanna ******** with it.

my mind can be changed with either facts or time.

i'm looking at you people to help speed the process up if its possible.

im not bullheaded.

ok i will address each line:

1. i'm not being lazy; we've tried to explain to you why pop is good for years now, and you've never taken in a word of it exclaim so any further effort would just be me beating a dead horse. while r&b isn't pop, it's certainly true that plenty of pop is very much influenced by r&b.

2. ok

3. actually his production value is being praised by p much everyone so i dunno where you're going with that. and to compare him to kanye doesn't make sense. what makes even less sense is saying "even kanye's production is better" when uhhh kanye is a) wonderful [and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in this thread who thinks otherwise] and b) he is also praised for his production.

4. refer to number 1

5. i've been the one talking up frank ocean in this thread, dude. chantal has said hardly two words about him (though those two words were very positive).

6. eh

7. eh [2] no you're not, not really. you just want to tell us how much you think he sucks. that's all you ever have to say about pop, really.

8. yes u r exclaim
Cosair
Fantasea was amazing and it slayed all the lessor bitches in the market.

When will your fave have Slayzealia's genius?
User Image

slayzealia is my fave rapper right now, tho...............

Rich Capitalist

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Libertarian Princess
Cosair

User Image

Who's her competitor though? Iggy? rofl Azealia might be the only female rapper mainstream here pretty soon.........
castrillo
Libertarian Princess
Cosair

User Image

Who's her competitor though? Iggy? rofl Azealia might be the only female rapper mainstream here pretty soon.........
you are delusional

Conversationalist

castrillo
Libertarian Princess
Cosair

User Image

User Image

Sticky Garbaj

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Cosair
castrillo
Libertarian Princess
Cosair

User Image

User Image

Sticky Garbaj

What about her? I commented earlier about her being the female Flo Rida/Pitbull. And no says Flo Rida is Kanyes competition. And no one says PitBull is Jay Z's competition.

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Xx_LUV3LY_xX
i love pop.

You think that makes you special or something?

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Zelkiiro
Xx_LUV3LY_xX
i love pop.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pop lovers are very special people. We are part of the Master Race that will destroy the proletariat guitar worshipers and restore the world to its rightful order.

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Zelkiiro
Xx_LUV3LY_xX
i love pop.

Pop lovers are very special people. We are part of the Master Race that will destroy the proletariat guitar worshipers and restore the world to its rightful order.

But she's a One Direction fan. I don't think she counts.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Zelkiiro
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Zelkiiro
Xx_LUV3LY_xX
i love pop.

But she's a One Direction fan. I don't think she counts.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces