Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Rock...

...is dead. 1 100.0% [ 281 ]
Total Votes:[ 281 ]

I'm tired of the dadrock my boyfriend listens to and my psychiatrist says good upbeat music can influence my mood a bit. So I've been listening to more pop music instead of the usual post-punk like Nick Cave.

Also, do not recommend Katy Perry or basic bitches.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Grand Optimist
I didn't like Artpop. I mean, I tried so hard considering I love Lady Gaga but it just wouldn't do it. I liked the first few tracks, kind of, but like Ustareth said, Jewel 'n' Drugs can go die in a fire.

Wanted to drop by since I know there are good pop listeners here. What can you recommend that is sugary catchy pop albums by good artists? Some of the examples I'd cite is basically music with a good catchy chorus, ESPECIALLY similar to Get Some by Lykke Li (or the album with that track) , Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey (grainy, powerful and not that horrid remix s**t), ******** You (Lily Allen, a mixture of scorn with a playful tune) or especially this.

I needta stop watching the L Word so much.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams - Solange
Overpowered - Róisín Murphy
Wear I Am - MEG (Japanese, but this is probably the classiest electropop album I've heard.)
Lungs - Florence + The Machine

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Oh, you'll also probably like Sia too.

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Xeno Incognito
Ustareth Merope Riddle
castrillo
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Seriously, Lady Gaga needs to figure what the hell the term "artpop" is even supposed to mean.

Her Artpop could mean anything!

I love how she's backtracking from the pretentious pedestal she placed this album on. I mean, it's nice, but I feel like there's something lacking from it. I wish the entire album had followed the sound of "Venus". It would've been perfect then. She would've been doing her own little Caucasian version of Donna Summer.

this album is a lot less grating and pretentious than "born this way" though. i actually like this one, and venus is a great single.

After listening to the entire album, I have to say that I enjoy it very much with the exception of "Jewels n' Drugs' which should die in a fire. I still wish she would've made more songs in the vein of "Venus" and "G.U.Y.". I'm feeling the disco/Hi-NRG sheened sex themes.

jewels n drugs is her terrible tryhard "urban" song, when do what u want was pretty good enough as pop/r&b single. honestly, i would've taken the azealia collab over jewels n drugs.
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Xeno Incognito
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Breakcore is dead
I like and dislike Ariana Grande album.

I've listened to it over and over. I still hate it.

its not bad, just a mediocre mariah ripoff.

Pop music is so incredibly dull right now, it's not even funny.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm trying to figure out in what world 260k is considered flop numbers for Gaga. That must mean that Katy and Rihanna have been flopping since the beginning of their careers. Also, Britney's new album is kinda wack, guys.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
This, pretty much:

Quote:
Even in adulthood, Spears’s voice remains that of a pouty child, though it is often hard to detect any human personality beneath the layers of Auto-Tune. The lyrics are banal to the point of indifference, and with the tracks sequenced (as mainstream pop collections usually are) to put big hitters first, there is a sense of declining returns as events progress.

Friendly Friend

I liked the beats of a few singles I've heard, but I can't stand that voice

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Partying Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ustareth Merope Riddle
This, pretty much:

Quote:
Even in adulthood, Spears’s voice remains that of a pouty child, though it is often hard to detect any human personality beneath the layers of Auto-Tune. The lyrics are banal to the point of indifference, and with the tracks sequenced (as mainstream pop collections usually are) to put big hitters first, there is a sense of declining returns as events progress.

Rihanna doesn't need to do pop she needs to go back to the music she was originally good at, the reggae music.
I actually haven't had chance to sit down and listen to anything that's come out in months. But, it doesn't seem like I've really missed anything noteworthy.

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
lana just announced her new album. i'm happy she isn't going to go on hiatus and become irrelevant.
User Image

who the ******** are your faves again? oh yeah, they're all busy being mondays.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
RebellionWars
Rihanna doesn't need to do pop she needs to go back to the music she was originally good at, the reggae music.

Um, no thanks. I hated Rihann's faux-Island music days.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Xeno Incognito
lana just announced her new album. i'm happy she isn't going to go on hiatus and become irrelevant.

Well, hopefully ULTRAVIOLENCE will be better than that mess of a short flick called TROPICO. God, that was not very good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff