Total Votes:[ 281 ]

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Jonny Belinda
User Image

who the ******** are your faves again? oh yeah, they're all busy being mondays.

Quote:
THE BEY UPDATE: The Beyoncé sneak attack on iTunes has become the story of the industry and possibly a game-changing new strategy to sell records. The early release as an iTunes exclusive, with no tracks for sale and no Spotify to bastardize sales, the "visual album" has sold approximately 500k album downloads in its first 48 hours, with no end in sight and will easily debut #1. What was looking like a pretty dull Christmas release season has been hit by a bolt of lightning. The surprise release has been heralded by social media everywhere and covered by every major television news network. She has created her own publicity and the project reached its audience through word of mouth--the most powerful of all sales tools. Stay tuned for continuous updates. Kudos to Team Columbia and Team Beyoncé on what may end up being the most talked about event of 2013. (12/14p)

When will your faves?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Partying Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ustareth Merope Riddle
RebellionWars
Rihanna doesn't need to do pop she needs to go back to the music she was originally good at, the reggae music.

Um, no thanks. I hated Rihann's faux-Island music days.

Um, no. Rihanna is from the islands so how is she acting faux?

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
RebellionWars
Ustareth Merope Riddle
RebellionWars
Rihanna doesn't need to do pop she needs to go back to the music she was originally good at, the reggae music.

What does Rihanna being from Barbados have to do with her first two albums being faux-Island music? After all, she didn't produce it. Rihanna don't write s**t. If she's going to do our music, her producers need to make real West Indian music instead of the that reggae-tinted bandwagon that every black American hopped on in 2005, pretending they were from the islands with their fake accents.

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
this is how i feel:

#longliveyonce #godsavethequeenbey

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Jonny Belinda

If I have to pick out any flaw on this album, it's that it doesn't have a power bottom anthem as strong as "G.U.Y." or even "Venus". Sorry, Gaga got those power bottom anthems on lock.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Top 3:

1. Haunted
2. Superpower
3. Partition
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Jonny Belinda

If I have to pick out any flaw on this album, it's that it doesn't have a power bottom anthem as strong as "G.U.Y." or even "Venus". Sorry, Gaga got those power bottom anthems on lock.
b***h don't need those tho. b***h was number 1 in 4 hours in 92 countries with no promo. #sorrygagabutqueenyanot

"Haunted" is def number 1 best track.

Partying Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Ustareth Merope Riddle
RebellionWars
Ustareth Merope Riddle
RebellionWars

What does Rihanna being from Barbados have to do with her first two albums being faux-Island music? After all, she didn't produce it. Rihanna don't write s**t. If she's going to do our music, her producers need to make real West Indian music instead of the that reggae-tinted bandwagon that every black American hopped on in 2005, pretending they were from the islands with their fake accents.

First of all, not every black person hopped on that bandwagon, what you just said about that was ignorant and if you think they all pretended their accents then something is wrong with what you just said. I know she doesn't write anything. And what's "your" music? I didn't realize a race had a specific type of music.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
RebellionWars
Ustareth Merope Riddle
RebellionWars
Ustareth Merope Riddle
RebellionWars

First of all, not every black person hopped on that bandwagon, what you just said about that was ignorant and if you think they all pretended their accents then something is wrong with what you just said. I know she doesn't write anything. And what's "your" music? I didn't realize a race had a specific type of music.

Music of the West indies? Yes, we have a specific type of cultural music. So I'm wrong when I said that there were black American artists that donned fake Island accents because that was the fad at the time? This is a fact. Plenty did it and in turn, there were African Americans who jumped on the bandwagon and surfed this Caribbean wave even if they weren't necessarily West Indians themselves. Liking reggae, soca, calypso, etc. wasn't a problem. It just became annoying after a while when everyone and their mother started doing accents and integrating it into their music. It got old and didn't really sound like the Caribbean music I grew up with.

Wheezing Fatcat

i didn't and don't expect much from kickstarter regarding pop, but this woman Tiffany Nicole has some potential and i want to see what she can do. i'm broke tho so instead i'm just trying to help her get more attention. hope that's cool. emotion_yatta

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Just how dead is Gaia these days?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers