Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ok my dad hates me lessoning to "secular" music me I like it and pulse if I lesion to the God stuff all the time I'm going to go nuts. So when he tried to bribe me out of my music don't you think it's a little far?
Comments please
uh, respect your father and listen the secular music when he's not around? There are some good christian groups out there, not to mention the classical music and old masses which are absolutly stunning and shouldn't be missed by anyone with an ear for music.

Gracious Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Well I lesion to allot of both and most of the time I play the other stuff in my room and he still has a cow!
Delphy
Well I lesion to allot of both and most of the time I play the other stuff in my room and he still has a cow!

Headphones. If he can't hear it, will he know about it?
While you live at home, humor the home owners. However, when the cat is away the mice can play. Now that I've spouted those useless sayings, what specific "God" music is it he wants you to listen to, further, how is he trying to bribe you?

Gracious Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Fiddlers Green
While you live at home, humor the home owners. However, when the cat is away the mice can play. Now that I've spouted those useless sayings, what specific "God" music is it he wants you to listen to, further, how is he trying to bribe you?
\

Well he bribed me in the way of "Hay if you give me the collection of CD that you know I dont like I will pay for you to go see your friend in Montana" (I live in Seattle)

Gracious Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Nuri
Delphy

Headphones. If he can't hear it, will he know about it?

Knowing him yes its like he has ESP!
First of all, your father shouldn't be bribing you, because it's ungodly.

Second of all, Christian music isn't bad, in my opinion. But, if you are a Christian, then I have a verse for you. Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

Also, if you decided to apply that verse to your life, check out Newsboys, Steven Curtis Chapman, Tait, etc. They have pretty good songs.
Or Relient K. I'm pagan and love Relient K.

Personally, create unmarked cds, but don't take the bribe. Then all your bases are covered.
Exactly what kind of music are we talking about? I mean, if you listening to, say...

Ok, wait. I'm guessing you listen to rock, so I have to think. What rock bands do I listen to that aren't offensive...

How about 3 Doors Down. Not all about God and whatnot, so it's secular, but not offensive. If you listen to them, you're ok. Morally speaking, anyway. You're still ******** as far as being able to listen to it. Whatever.

But if you're listening to, say, Nine Inch Nails (With lyircs such as "I wanna ******** you like an animal" and "If there is a hell I'll see you there" wink os Slipknot (More fun lyrics like "You are all ********" and "People eat s**t" or some nonsense like that, damned if I know) then you're probably screwed. Morally speaking.

Plus Slipknot sucks a**.
Just listen to Manic Street Preachers constantly until he begs you to start listening to 'secular music' again because he's sick of hearing Pennyroyal Tea and Suicide is Painless. xd
Delphy
Fiddlers Green
\

Well he bribed me in the way of "Hay if you give me the collection of CD that you know I dont like I will pay for you to go see your friend in Montana" (I live in Seattle)

How big is the collection, if it's not that large, it sounds like a good deal. You can always get the music again, time with loved ones is a little harder to pick up at CD warehouse.... Just my opinion tho. Also if he's willing to pay for a vacation to get it away from you, it must be very important to him....
Delphy
Ok my dad hates me lessoning to "secular" music me I like it and pulse if I lesion to the God stuff all the time I'm going to go nuts. So when he tried to bribe me out of my music don't you think it's a little far?
Comments please

Okay, heres what I am going to say and you can either listen to it or ignore it. But when it comes to your father bribing you about your music, be honest with him and say, "Dad I understand you have your taste in your music, and thats cool. However I need to be my own person and listen to my own music, therefore I will create a personality that is me not you. Now don't get upset. I can not listen to it around you or I can keep my stereo down. But wouldn't you rather know that I was listening to it with you around, and have you know what I'm listening to or worry that I am listening to horrible disgusting music with my friends?"
I am not guarenteing a good response from you father but I can say he will appreciate your honesty and concerns
talk to him one on one, and just let him know that you nejoy the music. he cannot force you to change your style of music just like that. you grow and hcange in your likes nad dislikes for music. just talk to him one on one, outline your opinions, but listen to his and try to see why he doesnt like you listening to secular music. justr dont go over board and get into an argument or nyathing ^__^
If I am to PM you, Delphy, you should open up your PM.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff