• Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
&i'm a theist bc of personal experience and revelations. do you have a problem with that?

More like a theist who was indoctrinated. Other than that, you can believe whatever nonsense comforts you from inevitable oblivion.

Hey, let me let you in on a little secret...

YOU DON'T GET TO DICTATE TO OTHER PEOPLE WHY THEY BELIEVE THE THINGS THEY DO.

Quote:
I apologize for missing that. However, you don't have to act like a douche about it.

Are you even the tiniest bit self aware?

You attacked a person who not only agreed that the verses you posted were ******** up, but also actively supported your point by criticizing the poor rebuttal of another Christian. You then questioned their character, their intelligence, and summed it all up by being a condescending asshat and telling them that they believe "nonsense" in order to "comfort" themselves -- all while dismissing their claim concerning why they were a theist because obviously you have the necessary information concerning their life experience to contradict them on that.

And you're worried about me acting like a douche?

I just told you that I made a mistake.

What you told me was that you missed their original point about true believers and the fact that you don't get to decide who get the title. How does that pertain to anything else that has happened in this thread? Unless you're trying to tell me you missed literally everything they said, in which case, you didn't make that clear, and Jesus Christ, dude, (1) how did you manage that, and (2) you still don't get to whine about me calling you out on being rude by accusing me of being rude.

Also, even if you admitted to misunderstanding their entire first two posts, you still made the most recent post to them (after my initial comment) in which you decided to tell them they were an indoctrinated believer of nonsense. And that had nothing to do with the original line of conversation, so you can't blame that on a "misunderstanding."

Quote:
I agreed with your point, yet you're still scolding me. Gee, that sounds quite a bit like what I just did.

You apparently didn't agree with it enough to apologize to the person whom you actually attacked -- nor did it keep you from continuing to make assumptions about them. :/

Also:

You made a series of condescending assumptions about someone who didn't make a mistake at all.

I called you out on actual bad behavior.

Like, even if you had outright admitted that everything you had said to this person was incorrect, how do you have the gall to complain about me calling you out? I wasn't even rude to you in my first post, dude, so much as I was freaking exasperated.

I got that. I understand I made the mistake, and I accept that. I missed their point, but that doesn't exactly mean I was completely wrong either.

Incredible Genius

13,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
Suicide Suburbia
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

More like a theist who was indoctrinated. Other than that, you can believe whatever nonsense comforts you from inevitable oblivion.

Quote:
I apologize for missing that. However, you don't have to act like a douche about it.

You attacked a person who not only agreed that the verses you posted were ******** up, but also actively supported your point by criticizing the poor rebuttal of another Christian. You then questioned their character, their intelligence, and summed it all up by being a condescending asshat and telling them that they believe "nonsense" in order to "comfort" themselves -- all while dismissing their claim concerning why they were a theist because obviously you have the necessary information concerning their life experience to contradict them on that.

What you told me was that you missed their original point about true believers and the fact that you don't get to decide who get the title. How does that pertain to anything else that has happened in this thread? Unless you're trying to tell me you missed literally everything they said, in which case, you didn't make that clear, and Jesus Christ, dude, (1) how did you manage that, and (2) you still don't get to whine about me calling you out on being rude by accusing me of being rude.

Also, even if you admitted to misunderstanding their entire first two posts, you still made the most recent post to them (after my initial comment) in which you decided to tell them they were an indoctrinated believer of nonsense. And that had nothing to do with the original line of conversation, so you can't blame that on a "misunderstanding."

Quote:
I agreed with your point, yet you're still scolding me. Gee, that sounds quite a bit like what I just did.

You apparently didn't agree with it enough to apologize to the person whom you actually attacked -- nor did it keep you from continuing to make assumptions about them. :/

Also:

You made a series of condescending assumptions about someone who didn't make a mistake at all.

Like, even if you had outright admitted that everything you had said to this person was incorrect, how do you have the gall to complain about me calling you out? I wasn't even rude to you in my first post, dude, so much as I was freaking exasperated.

bless

Oh shut up. You still believe in chlidish things.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
haunting heaven

Quote:

Also:

bless

emotion_eyebrow Wow, that ad hominem sure showed him...

I wonder which is worse; someone who petulantly believes in childish things, or someone who acts like a petulant child even though he doesn't believe in such things...?

Friendly Seeker

IronySandwich
Suicide Suburbia
*sigh* do i really have to spell this out? i don't care if you respond. but if you're going to respond, pls pay attention to the fact that i was not speaking to you & bc i was not speaking to you & there was an entire situation going on that is relevant to what i said and why, & you took me out of context. so respond away, bb, but pay attention to the ******** context.

&no, this is where the context plays in. i called out the slavery supporter on her messed up convolution of a ******** belief system. i outright told op that i did not support the slavery system in the bible. take all of this into account and op still told me i supported slavery bc i am a christian. and so i called him prejudiced bc when i didn't fit his narrow minded view of what christianity is he decided to ridicule me as if that was who i was anyway. so don't you ******** tell me i am trying to silence people for defending myself against someone's prejudiced nonsense. it had nothing to do with the fact that he acknowledged the ******** up beliefs of some christians. i acknowledged the ******** up belief system of some christians for god's sake. it was bc he tried to ascribe those beliefs to me.

&you couldn't be bothered to read the whole ******** conversation i guess. that would ruin the fun of demonizing the religious girl for disagreeing with a ******** atheist who decided he knew what i believed better than i do.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and apologize. I misinterpreted what you said. When you insulted him that was a response to an specific insult you received yourself which I mistook for a general statement on those who call out such hypocrisies. Not that it's an excuse, but I get A LOT of the latter from Christians who call me all sorts of names merely for showing them things that other Christians are saying, so I'm somewhat conditioned to simply expect that.

ok then, ty & apology accepted. &i promise i will never call people names just for pointing out flaws in my religion's various interpretations. 3nodding

Friendly Seeker

Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
haunting heaven

Quote:

Also:

bless

&you still behave in childish ways.

&ps, you know nothing about what i believe and why, so take your opinion and shove it. you are not the epitome of enlightenment, angry little boy. you have a lot of learning and growing up to do. &no, that doesn't mean you should believe in god. you should just realize that you don't know everything and you definitely don't know my experiences and life so you don't get to decide if it's valid or not that i believe in god. besides why do you care that i do? my faith has nothing to do with you.

Incredible Genius

13,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
Suicide Suburbia
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Quote:

Also:

bless

&ps, you know nothing about what i believe and why, so take your opinion and shove it. you are not the epitome of enlightenment, angry little boy. you have a lot of learning and growing up to do. &no, that doesn't mean you should believe in god. you should just realize that you don't know everything and you definitely don't know my experiences and life so you don't get to decide if it's valid or not that i believe in god. besides why do you care that i do? my faith has nothing to do with you.

Whatever makes you less afraid to die, kid.

Incredible Genius

13,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
Arcoon Effox
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
haunting heaven
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Quote:

Also:

bless

I wonder which is worse; someone who petulantly believes in childish things, or someone who acts like a petulant child even though he doesn't believe in such things...?

You're right. It's not my place to decide whatever helps him sleep at night.

Prodigal Mage

Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
haunting heaven

Also:

bless

Whatever makes you less afraid to die, kid.

She just said that you know nothing about what she believes and why. So, hush. Reducing someone's religion down to nothing more than a way of coping with death is just you being pathetic. And it's also just like when people try to claim that we're atheists so we can justify our "sins." So good job. You're behaving just like the religious fundamentalists you so despise. Are you trying to embody every negative stereotype about atheists there is?

Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
...but that doesn't exactly mean I was completely wrong either.

Yes, you were. Literally everything you said was wrong. But thanks for proving my point, I guess? You really don't have any right to complain about someone else's douchebaggery while you are continuing to defend you own.

Friendly Seeker

Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Arcoon Effox
Sir Kyle of Elsewhere
Suicide Suburbia
haunting heaven

Also:

bless

You're right. It's not my place to decide whatever helps him sleep at night.

&it's not your place to decide what i believe and why. &i am female.

scrivenly's Partner

Fashionable Shopper

Sir Kyle of Elsewhere

Wow. Your open-mindedness astounds me. rolleyes

And to answer your question, some do and some don't. Christians are not a hive mind. They are individuals whose beliefs range very widely, so this question can not be answered with a simple yes or no, though from what I can see in this thread, you believe the answer is 100% yes.

This isn't to say that you shouldn't call out the Christians who do support slavery in the Bible, but don't lump all Christians together, please, because there are plenty of Christians who don't support it and call out those who do.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Toxic Solitude
[ because there are plenty of Christians who don't support it and call out those who do.

And here's the problem with Christianity as a whole. You guys suppose to believe everyone word of the bible because you believe it's the word of God. God is just. His word is suppose to be law in your religion.

But every branch of Christianity will pick and choose what they want to follow and ignore what they don't agree with. You a christian don't agree with God? Blasphemy! The fact still remains that this holy book of fiction not only condones slavery; it gives instruction on how to go by it.

Prodigal Mage

Hikarulawl
Toxic Solitude
[ because there are plenty of Christians who don't support it and call out those who do.

And here's the problem with Christianity as a whole. You guys suppose to believe everyone word of the bible because you believe it's the word of God. God is just. His word is suppose to be law in your religion.

But every branch of Christianity will pick and choose what they want to follow and ignore what they don't agree with. You a christian don't agree with God? Blasphemy! The fact still remains that this holy book of fiction not only condones slavery; it gives instruction on how to go by it.

Not all Christians agree with the premise that believers are "suppose[d] to believe every word of the bible because [they] believe it's the word of God." Don't take your general assumptions concerning what you think Christianity must entail and then throw it down like you've made some kind of a point. You haven't. A lot of Christians will readily agree that the Bible condones slavery. They simply don't believe the Bible as a text without error. So, it's not that they don't agree with God. They don't agree with the fallible human beings who wrote the text and ascribed their prejudiced and hateful beliefs to God.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
haunting heaven
Hikarulawl
Toxic Solitude

Not all Christians agree with the premise that believers are "suppose[d] to believe every word of the bible because [they] believe it's the word of God." Don't take your general assumptions concerning what you think Christianity must entail and then throw it down like you've made some kind of a point. You haven't. A lot of Christians will readily agree that the Bible condones slavery. They simply don't believe the Bible as a text without error. So, it's not that they don't agree with God. They don't agree with the fallible human beings who wrote the text and ascribed their prejudiced and hateful beliefs to God.

You just reiterate everything I just said. Christianity is a cherry picking religion. Different sets of Christianity will pick this to follow. Chose that to believe in. Strict on some things, and lax on others. It's never consistent. How can a christian believe the bible is the word of God, as a direct quote from God, while understanding the laughable atrocities that humans who wrote it while at the same time believe the very book of atrocities as God's law?

Prodigal Mage

Hikarulawl
haunting heaven
Hikarulawl
Toxic Solitude

You just reiterate everything I just said.

No. And considering what you go on to say here, I'm going to hazard a guess and say you're not too sure what I actually said.

Quote:
Christianity is a cherry picking religion. Different sets of Christianity will pick this to follow. Chose that to believe in. Strict on some things, and lax on others. It's never consistent.

Wow, different people believe different things? Who would have ever guessed?

Quote:
How can a christian believe the bible is the word of God, as a direct quote from God,

Aaaaaand... that's what I'm disagreeing with. You know. In that paragraph you claimed was simply a reiteration of what you said. Not all Christians believe this.

Quote:
while understanding the laughable atrocities that humans who wrote it while at the same time believe the very book of atrocities as God's law?

If you'll read back in this very thread, a Christian said she believed that while the Bible was inspired by God, it was ultimately filtered through the biased and prejudiced minds of the people who wrote it. In my experience, Christians like this generally don't treat the Bible as being God's ultimate law, but as more of a guidebook that should be taken with a grain of salt and carefully studied to determine what can be applied to the Christian life today. They tend to be more open to alternate interpretations and are aware of the fact that their own interpretation is just that: an interpretation.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
haunting heaven
Hikarulawl
haunting heaven
Hikarulawl
Toxic Solitude

You just reiterate everything I just said.

No. And considering what you go on to say here, I'm going to hazard a guess and say you're not too sure what I actually said.

Quote:
Christianity is a cherry picking religion. Different sets of Christianity will pick this to follow. Chose that to believe in. Strict on some things, and lax on others. It's never consistent.

Wow, different people believe different things? Who would have ever guessed?

Quote:
How can a christian believe the bible is the word of God, as a direct quote from God,

Aaaaaand... that's what I'm disagreeing with. You know. In that paragraph you claimed was simply a reiteration of what you said. Not all Christians believe this.

Quote:
while understanding the laughable atrocities that humans who wrote it while at the same time believe the very book of atrocities as God's law?

If you'll read back in this very thread, a Christian said she believed that while the Bible was inspired by God, it was ultimately filtered through the biased and prejudiced minds of the people who wrote it. In my experience, Christians like this generally don't treat the Bible as being God's ultimate law, but as more of a guidebook that should be taken with a grain of salt and carefully studied to determine what can be applied to the Christian life today. They tend to be more open to alternate interpretations and are aware of the fact that their own interpretation is just that: an interpretation.

Do you even know what reiterate means? You didn't bring up anything to debunk what I said, when you are basically saying that same damn thing I am saying.

Christianity is not consistent. Different branches of Christianity believes in different things. Yet they all supposedly follow the same manual that every other christian denomination is following.
It's a cherry picking religion when the individual or selected church will pick what they want to believe about and ignore what they don't agree with. We know some Christians do not agree with the disgusting tripe this book has to offer. Most do. And at the end of the day; neither party wouldn't be seen as less of a follower of Christ because they both interpreted their faith to best reflect their own beliefs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff