Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Void abomination is your favorite?

Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 0.13920240782543 13.9% [ 185 ]
Kassadin, the Void Walker 0.079759217456734 8.0% [ 106 ]
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss 0.19864559819413 19.9% [ 264 ]
Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver 0.17832957110609 17.8% [ 237 ]
Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void 0.17155756207675 17.2% [ 228 ]
Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void 0.23250564334086 23.3% [ 309 ]
Total Votes:[ 1329 ]

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
Uncle Kwaggy
Mysterious Drifter
Random Q...

do pro players just play LoL all day every day? Wouldn't they get sick of the same stuff over & over again?

The pro players have insanely long queue times because there's so few people at their MMR. While they're queued for LoL, they usually play some other game or watch videos for the people watching their streams.

I get it

Dapper Reveler

So, any fantabulous plays/comebacks/matches today?

Questionable Genius

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
doop doop doop

i think i need to find another champion to obsess over...

anyone ever go through those phases? where they only play the same champion over and over again.

Tipsy Regular

9,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Kumajiro

one time league crashed while i was loading a game and no one on our team could get in except caitlyn for a good 10 minutes so they were all in the 6's-7's level wise before we finally got there
they had no mercy and ambushed us squishy level 1's at every opportunity
but then our thresh connected and he went super hardcore, getting caitlyn a double kill within to minutes and he just fed the s**t out of her, i don't know how when he was level one but he managed it
needless to say we made the biggest comeback that game because of that thresh, he was the kinda thresh every thresh dreams of being

Dapper Reveler

CuTTyCommando
Kumajiro

one time league crashed while i was loading a game and no one on our team could get in except caitlyn for a good 10 minutes so they were all in the 6's-7's level wise before we finally got there
but then our thresh connected and he went super hardcore, getting caitlyn a double kill within to minutes and he just fed the s**t out of her, i don't know how when he was level one but he managed it
needless to say we made the biggest comeback that game because of that thresh, he was the kinda thresh every thresh dreams of being

Wowzah! That sounds so heroic! Out of all the supports I play, I wonder idly why Thresh isn't among them. I gotta add a couple to my pool for counters. Leona is my main--and let me just say I started playing her looooong before the strange hype...don't know why there is a hype but now I'm terrified they'll nerf her--with a few other aggressive supports in the mix. I don't know why, but I can't just kick it back well as a Sona. I guess aggressive supports are more my thing.

Dapper Reveler

Lost
doop doop doop

i think i need to find another champion to obsess over...

anyone ever go through those phases? where they only play the same champion over and over again.

When I first started in the heart of the season 2 opener, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. In fact, most of season two was spent with me flopping around with random champs in random lanes, hoping I'd get kills. I was familiar with MOBAs, as I grew up on PC gaming since I was a wee lass, but the concept of it was still a little foreign with me. That's when I decided to just pick a champ I liked and roll with it for a while, hoping it would curve my k/d/a to the sky. I believe the first champ I did so with was Volibear. I had no reasoning other than he was a friggn' polar bear hnghfasfhkdl and went from there. I had a rocky time, but there were games where I carried and I wasn't quite sure why. Deciding that a tanky bruiser like Voli wasn't the role I should be getting used to right away--a lot of people say tanks are the easiest to get used to first, but it didn't sit right with me--I decided to draw my attention back to the champion's roster for ideas. That's when Diana was released, and I swear, I fell in love before I even purchased her. Her lore, her art, her everything. I was enamored by it all. When I did purchase her, I played the everlivingshit outta her. Even today, she's still one of my favorite/main mids. Through all the buffs/nerfs, I always played her, without fail. It's really not a bad idea, either. Because I've played Diana for so long, I'm now a well-versed and skilled Diana player and have a feel for her mechanics. It's not only knowing how to pair up skills and items well together, it's also about knowing you limitations, when you can break them, and having a vast feel for your champion at all times.

So after my rant, here's the tl;dr version-- yes, I do know that feel.

Tipsy Regular

9,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Kumajiro
CuTTyCommando
Kumajiro

Wowzah! That sounds so heroic! Out of all the supports I play, I wonder idly why Thresh isn't among them. I gotta add a couple to my pool for counters. Leona is my main--and let me just say I started playing her looooong before the strange hype...don't know why there is a hype but now I'm terrified they'll nerf her--with a few other aggressive supports in the mix. I don't know why, but I can't just kick it back well as a Sona. I guess aggressive supports are more my thing.

it's ironic because support is my most played role and when i play sona i play more aggressively as her than any other support lol
i really like leona though, she stuns you for 10 years then it's gg

Dapper Reveler

CuTTyCommando
Kumajiro
CuTTyCommando
Kumajiro

it's ironic because support is my most played role and when i play sona i play more aggressively as her than any other support lol

The thing is--and I have no clue if it's this way for other Leona players--I cannot win against an Annie support. Just. Nope. Doesn't happen. I don't think I've ever once won against an Annie support against my Leona, and I feel like I play a rather well Leona at that. She just obliterates me. If I have the choice against pulls like Thresh and Blitzdick and do not have Leona as a choice option, my go-to is Zyra. She is aggressive, incredibly pokey for early game harass, has a snare, and has bush control with her plants. Even if a seed is stepped on and destroyed, it'll grant me short vision, like a Nid trap. Also, I know the hype is Zyra and Ashe, but hot diggity damn, Zyra and Varus are an ultimate combo as well!

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
Kumajiro

No, but I saw a smurf account that has 147/2 (W/L) just with tryndamere.

Tipsy Regular

9,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Kumajiro
CuTTyCommando
Kumajiro
CuTTyCommando
Kumajiro

The thing is--and I have no clue if it's this way for other Leona players--I cannot win against an Annie support. Just. Nope. Doesn't happen. I don't think I've ever once won against an Annie support against my Leona, and I feel like I play a rather well Leona at that. She just obliterates me. If I have the choice against pulls like Thresh and Blitzdick and do not have Leona as a choice option, my go-to is Zyra. She is aggressive, incredibly pokey for early game harass, has a snare, and has bush control with her plants. Even if a seed is stepped on and destroyed, it'll grant me short vision, like a Nid trap. Also, I know the hype is Zyra and Ashe, but hot diggity damn, Zyra and Varus are an ultimate combo as well!

i can see how annie can counter her, she could just stun leona whenever leona goes in.
from what i've seen, ap based poke supports like annie, fiddles, zyra, karma, ect, are really good against no sustain initiate supports like thresh and blitz and leona because they can counter the hardcore initiates and cc.
the best thing against poke ap supports is a healing support, especially soraka because you can help your adc out sustain their poke and if you see them coming in for a poke you can just silence them and be obnoxious.
so ap>initiate
initiate>squishies and healers
healers>ap

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Should i buy Gaia Cash or Riot points.
i want arctic ops varus.
I have blight crystal varus.. but the new one is too sexual for me to ignore

Tiny Cat

Sooo about the Ultra Rapid Fire. Fun stuff, eh?
Guys and gals! If you have a team of friends willing to try out new and interesting stuff, try making a late-game central team composition with Nasus support and like Tristana or Vayne ADC. Ban Lucian because of his E.

My team and I are trying it out anyway. The idea is to have a mid like Nidalee or Orianna or something for safe transitions into late.

Do you guys have other interesting ideas?

Quote me so I can read them! I really wanna try so many new things. Great ideas can come from anywhere.

I remember my friends and I discussing tank Akali before EG used her in LCS leading up to her nerf. Gragas jungle, etc.

Sooo... any?
Prothyro

very much so
i used mantheon and completely cleaned up
his jump + spear for days combo is ridiculous.
also undefeated with xerath thus far.
he has quite a bit of spam so it's really annoying i'd imagine heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tipsy Regular

9,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Prothyro

sona is completely broken in that mode

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces