Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Void abomination is your favorite?

Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 0.13920240782543 13.9% [ 185 ]
Kassadin, the Void Walker 0.079759217456734 8.0% [ 106 ]
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss 0.19864559819413 19.9% [ 264 ]
Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver 0.17832957110609 17.8% [ 237 ]
Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void 0.17155756207675 17.2% [ 228 ]
Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void 0.23250564334086 23.3% [ 309 ]
Total Votes:[ 1329 ]

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100

will be playing a custom in a few after the computer's done derping out on me.

Friendly Explorer

ZakeraZero
If you guys are aware, this patch, Lux is going to gain a moderate increase in lane control.
In short, her Lucent Singularity cooldown increases to 10 seconds (Previously was 9 seconds) and the cooldown timer starts when it is caster instead of detonated.

Be prepared to have to deal with the ball of light more often. Max CDR or Blue Buff early will make her a beast mid lane now. Ball lasts 5 seconds and the cooldown can be lowered down to 6 at Max CDR. Her Lucent Singularity will almost always be somewhere in the lane.

Anyone else thinking of picking her up or play her as it is?
That's all they're increasing the cool down by? That'll barely be noticeable even if you're instantly blowing it up. Once again they're changing things by a tiny amount and making a bigger deal of it. I thought they'd be increasing it by something like 3 seconds at least. Oh well, I was planning on picking her up after the changes anyways.

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
KaosHunter
ZakeraZero
If you guys are aware, this patch, Lux is going to gain a moderate increase in lane control.
In short, her Lucent Singularity cooldown increases to 10 seconds (Previously was 9 seconds) and the cooldown timer starts when it is caster instead of detonated.

Be prepared to have to deal with the ball of light more often. Max CDR or Blue Buff early will make her a beast mid lane now. Ball lasts 5 seconds and the cooldown can be lowered down to 6 at Max CDR. Her Lucent Singularity will almost always be somewhere in the lane.

Anyone else thinking of picking her up or play her as it is?
That's all they're increasing the cool down by? That'll barely be noticeable even if you're instantly blowing it up. Once again they're changing things by a tiny amount and making a bigger deal of it. I thought they'd be increasing it by something like 3 seconds at least. Oh well, I was planning on picking her up after the changes anyways.

Well, they wanted this to be a BUFF, so they're not going to increase it by that much. Plus, they're right when they say you'll see an overall DPS reduction if you just toss it out then instantly pop it.

Friendly Explorer

I don't suppose anyone can tell me why I still hold hope that I can go to the League of Legends forums and hope for genuine disscusion as opposed to the derp that's always going on there? Why do I still hold faith that somehow people who go to that site have brains?

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
KaosHunter
I don't suppose anyone can tell me why I still hold hope that I can go to the League of Legends forums and hope for genuine disscusion as opposed to the derp that's always going on there? Why do I still hold faith that somehow people who go to that site have brains?

Well, if you frame your question a reasonable, not-angry manner, there's a decent chance you'll get a Riot post that tends to be informative. (Or at worst they'll explain WHY they can't be informative.)

Also, I actually really enjoy how derp the LoL forums are, since they're so bad it's funny.

EDIT: Also, the fact that this thread is being received so positively makes me really happy. I have a tendency to go all white knight when this particular subject comes up, so it's nice to see people supporting it for a change.

Friendly Explorer

Uncle Kwaggy
Also, I actually really enjoy how derp the LoL forums are, since they're so bad it's funny.

EDIT: Also, the fact that this thread is being received so positively makes me really happy. I have a tendency to go all white knight when this particular subject comes up, so it's nice to see people supporting it for a change.
It actually really pisses me off when I get locked in with people who don't speak english. I'm not talking about people who speak other languages, but those who are actually incapable of speaking english. It's a north american server and the VAST majority of people who live here need to speak english in their daily lives. I know it's pretty selfish of me to expect absolutely everyone on the server to speak it, but it's really bloody frustrating to co-operate with them.

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
KaosHunter
Uncle Kwaggy

It actually really pisses me off when I get locked in with people who don't speak english. I'm not talking about people who speak other languages, but those who are actually incapable of speaking english. It's a north american server and the VAST majority of people who live here need to speak english in their daily lives. I know it's pretty selfish of me to expect absolutely everyone on the server to speak it, but it's really bloody frustrating to co-operate with them.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong being on the same team as someone you can't communicate with suuuuuuucks but until *I'm* willing to learn Spanish, or Portuguese to communicate with them it's totally unfair of me to expect them to learn English, which is harder, to communicate with me. Thus, it really infuriates me when I see people on the forums going "OMG LEARN ENGLISH YOU BRS!" It's a video game. They shouldn't be expected to learn a WHOLE NEW LANGUAGE to participate in a recreational activity.

Also, if Riot had a rudimentary auto-translate in their chat, I would pay an infinite amount of various monies to see it implemented if necessary.

Friendly Explorer

Uncle Kwaggy
KaosHunter
Uncle Kwaggy

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong being on the same team as someone you can't communicate with suuuuuuucks but until *I'm* willing to learn Spanish, or Portuguese to communicate with them it's totally unfair of me to expect them to learn English, which is harder, to communicate with me. Thus, it really infuriates me when I see people on the forums going "OMG LEARN ENGLISH YOU BRS!" It's a video game. They shouldn't be expected to learn a WHOLE NEW LANGUAGE to participate in a recreational activity.

Also, if Riot had a rudimentary auto-translate in their chat, I would pay an infinite amount of various monies to see it implemented if necessary.
This would all be solved if there was a South/Central American server for this game. It would reduce so much of the spanish traffic.

Actually a translation option would be fantastic as well. As long as there's an indication that it's being translated from another language so we're not blaming each other for incorrect spelling, grammar, etc.

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Uncle Kwaggy

I would throw my money at the screen harder than I do when I see good pony stuff. And in greater quantities. If this was done.

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Seph Baelzara
Uncle Kwaggy

I would throw my money at the screen harder than I do when I see good pony stuff. And in greater quantities. If this was done.

I'm not sure if I would throw money at the screen, but my debit card would get a workout.

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
So apparently, Akali can rip through 150 MR and not give a crap early game with no MPen items.
That's nice to know.

Dapper Explorer

Thoughts on AP Nautilus (Wota/tanky like Morde and Rumble)? I think he is really fun to play.

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
AP Big Daddy is, IMO, like AP Amumu
Possible, but not really the smartest thing in the world to do.

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
[Mr. Moo]
Thoughts on AP Nautilus (Wota/tanky like Morde and Rumble)? I think he is really fun to play.

I don't think it's a very good idea. However, Rylai's is awesome on him because of his AoE DoT and gives him tons of health, which is his core stat. Also, Rylai's slow stacks with Riptide slow.

EDIT: Okay, so I just tried it out of curiosity. I stand by my statement of "bad idea," but I would like to add FUN AS ******** IDEA. The dude's level 1 and level 2 trades are absolutely ridiculous but he falls off pretty sharply after that. Level 1 he Dredge Lines into a snare. Level 2 he Dredge Lines, snares, then as they run Riptides.

Btw, considering it can multihit and is AoE, Riptide has a surprisingly good ratio. It's .5, but again can multihit and AoE's. (It gives 42 HP PER RIPPLE if you have Hextech Revolver and hit the whole lane, as well as instagibs the caster creeps.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff