21,340 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • One Down 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
BabyDucklingLove
Miss Bat Cravat
<.<;;

I'm funna go for it.
I havent seen anything from anyone elses shops I've wanted this year... time to make that list again. xD;

Thank you for ordering <33

It doesn't seem like there's quite as many pixels this year =0
More CG stuff

Its very disappointing =/

Divine Vampire

29,275 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I am feeling very accomplished right now. xp

Mewling Kitten

Transparent__Thunder
BabyDucklingLove
Transparent__Thunder
Hey ducky I have a question for ya.
I was thinking about making a shop for pixels myself.do you have any advice for me when starting out. I never had a shop before.
How many different would you think is enough??

Advice for making the items or setting up?~ Or?

Different types of item? I would say 5-ish would probably be fine. Like 5 different types of items maybe? It's up to you really. Whatever you feel comfortable making.

I was just trying to get addvice since you were so seccesful with your shop. Your like insparation. ^.^

For pixeling in general, I would say to pixel what you like. I like cute things and foods, so I've tried to do that. Don't feel like you have to make certain items just because that's what other people have~ If you need tips on pixeling, I can link you to some tutorials I found helpful.
When making items, I'll usually try to find photo refs or stuff in real life. I feel like doing this has helped my pixel art improve. I think if you try to use other people's pixels for reference too much, your art starts to look like theirs. Which is okay I guess. I just like seeing different styles of pixel art. XD If I start to see a lot of shops that have similar styles, I'll just buy from one and not the others.

When making or buying a thread layout, try to pick colors for text that people can see. Like yellow, aqua or colors that are light/close to white are going to be harder to read. The types of posts you'd probably want to have on the first page of a thread might include: Intro post, rules post, ordering info w/order forms post, menu post(s), limiteds or seasonals post(s), affiliates (links in, links out), and maybe a few reserved posts or like a post for conests or something. I've found having a suggestions box is also really useful.I wouldn't recommend using one of the posts in your shop for your toybox. I've seen some people do it so you can if you want. It's not something I would recommend though personally. Thread layouts don't need to be super decorated or cutsey, but they should be organized and neat. Keep things briefer where possible. (LOL Perhaps my shop wouldn't be the best reference for that last one. Mine is pretty long)

I would also recommend keeping your menu on the first page of the thread, and not in a separate test thread (except for maybe past limiteds), unless you get to the point where people are having trouble loading your first page because there's so many menu items. Increasing the amount of work it takes to order discourages some people from ordering. When you're a smaller shop, you want to try to get as many people in there looking at your items as possible. The more they can see by just browsing the first page, the more likely they are to order. Once you've got a regular customer base and a lot of items, then it might be a good idea to move things to a test thread if things get too crowded.

I would encourage chatting in your thread. Keeps your shop on the first page pretty easily, and provides a welcoming environment.

These are only suggestions. There are shops that have done well that didn't go by all these suggestions, so you don't have to follow any suggestions you care to. If you have anything more specific you'd like to ask me about, I can try to give my suggestions there too. I kind of just picked a few things that might be useful to you.

Mewling Kitten

Miss Bat Cravat
BabyDucklingLove
Miss Bat Cravat
<.<;;

I'm funna go for it.
I havent seen anything from anyone elses shops I've wanted this year... time to make that list again. xD;

Thank you for ordering <33

It doesn't seem like there's quite as many pixels this year =0
More CG stuff

Its very disappointing =/

A bit :<
I didn't notice until I was looking through my photobucket for pixels for my post style, and realized I didn't really have a lot of new pixels from this year.

Mewling Kitten

Princess Kuchiki

Whys? o3o
xD I want your cute little pixel Halloween Cafe!

Divine Vampire

29,275 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
BabyDucklingLove
Princess Kuchiki

Whys? o3o

I have everything up to Halloween 11' added to documents. Been working all night. =3=
BabyDucklingLove
Transparent__Thunder
BabyDucklingLove
Transparent__Thunder
Hey ducky I have a question for ya.
I was thinking about making a shop for pixels myself.do you have any advice for me when starting out. I never had a shop before.
How many different would you think is enough??

Advice for making the items or setting up?~ Or?

Different types of item? I would say 5-ish would probably be fine. Like 5 different types of items maybe? It's up to you really. Whatever you feel comfortable making.

I was just trying to get addvice since you were so seccesful with your shop. Your like insparation. ^.^

For pixeling in general, I would say to pixel what you like. I like cute things and foods, so I've tried to do that. Don't feel like you have to make certain items just because that's what other people have~ If you need tips on pixeling, I can link you to some tutorials I found helpful.
When making items, I'll usually try to find photo refs or stuff in real life. I feel like doing this has helped my pixel art improve. I think if you try to use other people's pixels for reference too much, your art starts to look like theirs. Which is okay I guess. I just like seeing different styles of pixel art. XD If I start to see a lot of shops that have similar styles, I'll just buy from one and not the others.

When making or buying a thread layout, try to pick colors for text that people can see. Like yellow, aqua or colors that are light/close to white are going to be harder to read. The types of posts you'd probably want to have on the first page of a thread might include: Intro post, rules post, ordering info w/order forms post, menu post(s), limiteds or seasonals post(s), affiliates (links in, links out), and maybe a few reserved posts or like a post for conests or something. I've found having a suggestions box is also really useful.I wouldn't recommend using one of the posts in your shop for your toybox. I've seen some people do it so you can if you want. It's not something I would recommend though personally. Thread layouts don't need to be super decorated or cutsey, but they should be organized and neat. Keep things briefer where possible. (LOL Perhaps my shop wouldn't be the best reference for that last one. Mine is pretty long)

I would also recommend keeping your menu on the first page of the thread, and not in a separate test thread (except for maybe past limiteds), unless you get to the point where people are having trouble loading your first page because there's so many menu items. Increasing the amount of work it takes to order discourages some people from ordering. When you're a smaller shop, you want to try to get as many people in there looking at your items as possible. The more they can see by just browsing the first page, the more likely they are to order. Once you've got a regular customer base and a lot of items, then it might be a good idea to move things to a test thread if things get too crowded.

I would encourage chatting in your thread. Keeps your shop on the first page pretty easily, and provides a welcoming environment.

These are only suggestions. There are shops that have done well that didn't go by all these suggestions, so you don't have to follow any suggestions you care to. If you have anything more specific you'd like to ask me about, I can try to give my suggestions there too. I kind of just picked a few things that might be useful to you.

Thank you for all your help. You sure put lots of effert and time into this and I thank you for that. I never had a shop here on gaia so it is nice to have people that can help out.

Ya I was thinking of having the shop open some time in Jan in the new year that way I have a good set of items for people to look at. I am pretty excited to get things in order. I already have about 5 different items I can put into the shop.

I have also looked on the internet for referece pixels for my part work. I find that if you look at others as references you dont learn anything and your just copying. Its good to find ways to make it your own. I have noticed that I lean more to dittering for my art work more than anything. I find it gives a better flow through the picture.

If you do have some tutorials that would be awsome to take a quick look at and see how to do things. It might help me out.

Tiny Mage

BabyDucklingLove
Sorry I didn't get your IM whenever you sent it XD I don't always check my IM and sometimes miss things

User Image ▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍▍ ▍▍▍▍▍▍
████╭ ❀ ╯███████ ████ ████████
tab let´s say HELLO to...
Ducky tab ( ✪ ✪ )
                Ahaha, no worries xD
                How are things with you? c:
                tab
                tab
            User Image
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fashionable Gaian

8,375 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
I took your pink witch and pumpkin freebie. smile I thought they looked cute 4laugh

Confushious's Kouhai

Shy Fatcat

☆Ducky's Cafe: Items Please!~☆✂–––––»

✖Username– Splika.
        ✖Recipient– Splika.
        ✖Baked Goods–
        - Pies (Numbers 17, 20, 26).
        - Square Cakes (Numbers 5, 7, 8 ).
        - Specialty Cupcakes (Numbers 5, 6, 17, 18 ).
        - Zodiac Cupcakes (Numbers 1, 2).
        - Crepes (Numbers 1, 2, 5, 6).
        ✖Snacks–
        - Pocky In A Box (Numbers 1, 4, 12, 15).
        - Bear Icecream Cones (Numbers 4, 8 ).
        ✖Drinks–
        - Special Teas (Numbers 4, 5, 11, 17, 18 ).
        ✖Main Dishes/etc–
        - Bento Boxes (Numbers 1, 2, 10).
        - Sandwich Plates (Number 5).
        ✖Gift Shop–
        - Zodiac Potions (Numbers 12, 13).
        ✖Softies– N/A.
        ✖Tip?– 500g.
        ✖Total– 9450g.

I will now send a trade to Duckys Cafe Mule with the page number of my order!

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
emotion_bigheart

Divine Vampire

29,275 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.
║▌│█╭ ✬ ╯│║▌║││█ ║▌│║ ║█║█║▌│█
tab let´s SPEAK to...
Everyone~ tab ( ¤ ¤ ¤ )
                How are all the lovely people in this thread today?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Post style made by Happy - - Dream x

Mewling Kitten

GI Therapist Hope
BabyDucklingLove

Halloween Event Please!
Recipient(s): zephryl
Cost: 3000g
Notes/Comments:

Please send a trade labeled "Halloween Event-pg____" for ONLY THE EVENT to BabyDucklingLove.
If you're ordering anything else, please send it to the mule as usual.

Sent c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces