Welcome to Gaia! ::

For the Folk Metal thing, In Extremo and Subway To Sally are pure Folk Metal, and should be put in bands worth mentioning. domokun
why wasnt alt metal added

you now bands that mixexed metal with art rock

bands: tool,a perfic circle,Janes addiction, and Alice in chains(i know they are considerd grunge but they have a metal style of playingand and were originally called metal until nirvanas 2nd cd came out and killed alot of metal bands off)
Desciple_of_Metal

you now bands that mixexed metal with art rock

Because "alternative metal" doesn't exist. What's art rock though?
Sound samples added for:

Viking Metal
Speed Metal

Sound Sample corrected for:

Prog Metal

Soon to be >.>:

Correction of: Viking Metal sample
Adding of: Goth Metal sample
You should have Industrial Metal.
Deadly-Lullaby

It's not technically a sub-genre.
Hem Kahn
Deadly-Lullaby

It's not technically a sub-genre.

Why not?
Deadly-Lullaby
Why not?

Because adding Industrial to your sound doesn't make a completely new sub-genre. Fear Factory used Thrash and Death, ...And Oceans and Red Harvest used Black Metal.....you know, they're all still certain sub-genres even if they add a s**t load of Industrial to it.
Hem Kahn
Deadly-Lullaby
Why not?

Because adding Industrial to your sound doesn't make a completely new sub-genre. Fear Factory used Thrash and Death, ...And Oceans and Red Harvest used Black Metal.....you know, they're all still certain sub-genres even if they add a s**t load of Industrial to it.

Okay...

So, what genre is White Zombie, then?
Deadly-Lullaby

Wouldn't know. Only heard one album, which just sounded like bad groovy Thrash mixed with crappy Rock.
Hem Kahn
Deadly-Lullaby

Wouldn't know. Only heard one album, which just sounded like bad groovy Thrash mixed with crappy Rock.

Heh they are in M-A as "Industrial Groove Post-Thrash" ( I HATE that "post thrash" bowshit)... never considered White Zombie metal myself though..
technical_difficulties
I HATE that "post thrash" bowshit

Isn't "post-thrash" stuff like Pantera, Machine Head, and Sepultura?
Deadly-Lullaby
technical_difficulties
I HATE that "post thrash" bowshit

sepultura was full-blown thrash. and post-thrash is kind of just thrash metal with way to much groove...so i guess pantera fit's that category, don't know about machine head though...they keep changing their sound to whatever is popular
Deadly-Lullaby

It's not even a real sub-genre. Pantera were groovy Thrash at the point most people know them for, Machine Head were partually groovy Thrash at the beginning of their career, the rest has been mallcore and Sepultura were Thrash/Death at the beginning of their career and progressed to mallcore to Hardcore.
Hem Kahn
Deadly-Lullaby

It's not even a real sub-genre. Pantera were groovy Thrash at the point most people know them for, Machine Head were partually groovy Thrash at the beginning of their career, the rest has been mallcore and Sepultura were Thrash/Death at the beginning of their career and progressed to mallcore to Hardcore.

Truth.

Sometime groove thrash is called "Southern Metal" specially for Pantera. Which again, isn't a real subgenre but i like it more than "post thrash"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff