Welcome to Gaia! ::

xfoxfirex
LunaSoliel
Whoa. I don't even know this guy and this is really touching. It makes me so sad. From the tribute, he sounds like a nice guy. I'm sorry for your loss, I wish I could've known him. I think your doing a really sweet thing your doing. cry

I never known him ethier im sorry for your loss 3nodding crying
don cry becouse its over crying
smile becouse it happend biggrin ....
eek not meaning that he ...um.. sweatdrop ..past away sweatdrop but that you had the privlige to know him for who he was 3nodding 3nodding
I can't even think of anything intelligent to say to this. stare

We don't need you to tell us this. Reading this post makes his loss hurt more for me. I can't explain why.

God, is he really gone?
Yes, and some people were so shocked they thought it was a joke. Me? I thought he had left Gaia-- judging by a signature like yours, and then I saw this thread. sad
A question: I was looking though my savebox and found an old PM from Lord Shishio. But, in his sig, it said, "User banned: 12-14-04" What's that about?
Alexandrea Zenne
A question: I was looking though my savebox and found an old PM from Lord Shishio. But, in his sig, it said, "User banned: 12-14-04" What's that about?

I saw that too....kinda freaked me out.....
Prairie_Fire
Alexandrea Zenne

I saw that too....kinda freaked me out.....

I think that means his account was banned, so no one would try to hack into it. But then, how would Gaia know so soon after his death?

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Jaimai40

I think that means his account was banned, so no one would try to hack into it. But then, how would Gaia know so ssoon after his death?

It's really none of your business, but Valgav made sure the mods were aware as soon as he could.
Alexandrea Zenne
Well, if I were the Gaian admins, I'd want to make sure that accounts for moderators who have passed on were disabled. I'm not saying that's what they did, but it would be smart of them to do so.

I'm faced with a similar dilema. Lord Shishio posted several things in the guild designed to protect copyright and publishability. I should probably delete the things he posted there because he can't ask me to delete them anymore and their existence in The Wannabes is potentially detrimental to his estate, but it seems heartless to do so. sad
finalrain
Alexandrea Zenne
Well, if I were the Gaian admins, I'd want to make sure that accounts for moderators who have passed on were disabled. I'm not saying that's what they did, but it would be smart of them to do so.

I'm faced with a similar dilema. Lord Shishio posted several things in the guild designed to protect copyright and publishability. I should probably delete the things he posted there because he can't ask me to delete them anymore and their existence in The Wannabes is potentially detrimental to his estate, but it seems heartless to do so. sad
WEll, no one's gonna try to steal it. Everyone on the Wannabe guild respects Shishio. And keep it there for the record. If something happened to his computer, and all his writing vanished (god, no! crying ) then, some of it owuld still be there...
Wow, I didn't know he died... I only talked to him like once... and i'm still almost crying... crying God, let him rest in peace. Oh Lord, now I am crying... crying crying

heart We'll miss you, Brian!
R.I.P., buddy. You were a fine mod.
Slithy Toves
finalrain
Alexandrea Zenne

WEll, no one's gonna try to steal it. Everyone on the Wannabe guild respects Shishio. And keep it there for the record. If something happened to his computer, and all his writing vanished (god, no! crying ) then, some of it owuld still be there...

I think I may value his memory more then his writing. he was a great guy, a fine mod too...I think I can remember some of his writing word for word, line for line. I guess that's how wonderful it is...
It's one of those times when I want to say something but dunno what to say. I never really knew him, but he seemed like such a great person. He has contributed to the world a lot before he passed away.

-Welcome to My Life
~Rei
I didn't know him personally, but I did see him around. He was a wonderful person and will be greatly missed.

Elder

For the record, it was upon the wishes of his friends that Lord Shishio's account be sealed, and yes, Valgav ensured that the staff was informed as soon as it was possible. This (the sealing) prevents hacking, outfit changing, and altering the date of his last sign in. This may sound ridiculous to some... but those with him on their friends list can note the time of his last log in and see how he truly loved Gaia. Having him in his standard outfit which we all knew to be his look would indeed be fitting, but in all fairness, he was a man of style, not an icon of an outfit.

In my personal opinion, logging on to the account of any Gaian who has passed on, be they mod or regular user, is a desecration and the internet equivelant to grave robbing.

Thank you for the concern over his account, though. It does show that there are people who care enough to notice such things. Don't overthink it and turn this into something it's not, though. Thank you.
Xanilus
For the record, it was upon the wishes of his friends that Lord Shishio's account be sealed, and yes, Valgav ensured that the staff was informed as soon as it was possible. This (the sealing) prevents hacking, outfit changing, and altering the date of his last sign in. This may sound ridiculous to some... but those with him on their friends list can note the time of his last log in and see how he truly loved Gaia. Having him in his standard outfit which we all knew to be his look would indeed be fitting, but in all fairness, he was a man of style, not an icon of an outfit.

In my personal opinion, logging on to the account of any Gaian who has passed on, be they mod or regular user, is a desecration and the internet equivelant to grave robbing.

Thank you for the concern over his account, though. It does show that there are people who care enough to notice such things. Don't overthink it and turn this into something it's not, though. Thank you.
THANK YOU!!! Their interest was bothering me...

And sorry...but I don't know which of his peeps you are...he was trying to train me, but... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff